Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Socrates Meets Jesus - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Socrates Meets Jesus (5255 Views)

Gen. Buhari Meets With The Archbishop Of Canterbury (Photo News) / Re:members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

You, Maynman. And not, "was doing", but has obviously done.

Who was doing the research here? My body? Soul and spirit right? Budaatum?

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Budaatum
This you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Who was doing the research here? My body? Soul and spirit right? Budaatum?

I shall presume the entirety of Maynman is doing the research with all of Mayman's senses.

You'd note the addition of your being too. I wouldn't want to leave any of your senses out nor disregard the time you've spent researching.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:
Budaatum
This you?

As you'd easily find on my profile.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

As you'd easily find on my profile.
Ooh no wonder grin Budaatum
Continue with your religion

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I shall presume the entirety of Maynman is doing the research with all of Mayman's senses.

You'd note the addition of your being too. I wouldn't want to leave any of your senses out nor disregard the time you've spent researching.

Are you not humbly asking asking again?
Who did you say was doing the research? Body, soul and spirit right?
You are a mischief maker. I wonder what your religion says about them cheesy

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Are you not humbly asking asking again?
Who did you say was doing the research? Body, soul and spirit right?
You are a mischief maker. I wonder what your religion says about them cheesy

Yes, I am a mischief maker. Put me in the Garden of Eden and I'd perform so much mischief that the only tree left standing will be the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Eat that!

Mayn, it is your writing that I read that brought me to conclude that you must have done some research instead of gullibly believing what you were told, and I doubt your "Body, soul and spirit" could have done any research unless you ordered and directed them to. Am I wrong?

As to what your "religion says about them". Mind informing buda what you have found through your research and investigations what exactly buda's religion is please?
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

Yes, I am a mischief maker. Put me in the Garden of Eden and I'd perform so much mischief that the only tree left standing will be the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Eat that!

Mayn, it is your writing that I read that brought me to conclude that you must have done some research instead of gullibly believing what you were told, and I doubt your "Body, soul and spirit" could have done any research unless you ordered and directed them to. Am I wrong?

As to what your "religion says about them". Mind informing buda what you have found through your research and investigations what exactly buda's religion is please?

Are you not humbly asking again? Have you become arrogant? Did you ever humbly ask.
I ask again, who did you say was doing the research here? Body, soul and spirit right?

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I’m a fellow god like your buddha, although I’m striving to be a better god than him, wish me luck.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

I’m a fellow god like your buddha, although I’m striving to be a better god than him, wish me luck.

I am not a god, nor was Buddha, but your wrong assumption is forgiven.

Do note that while you were making your wrong assumption about buda based on you believing what you may have read about buda somewhere, those you were arguing with were likely seeing buda supporting you for investigating and researching instead of being a stupid ignorant believing Adam like some choose to be.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I am not a god, nor was Buddha, but your wrong assumption is forgiven.

Do note that while you were making your wrong assumption about buda based on you believing what you may have read about buda somewhere, those you were arguing with were likely seeing buda supporting you for investigating and researching instead of being a stupid ignorant believing Adam like some choose to be.

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Are you not humbly asking again?

I think you can answer this yourself now.

Was buda humbly asking or not, Mayn?
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I think you can answer this yourself now.

Was buda humbly asking or not, Mayn?

Was it buda that said this?

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

I’m striving to be a better god than him, wish me luck.

I do wish you luck, though I feel you don't need it, for it is the wise that know one must strive to be more perfect than one's gods, and being wise is far superior to luck.

See. It's even written in a book.

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I do wish you luck, though I feel you don't need it, for it is the wise that know one must strive to be more perfect than one's gods, and being wise is far superior to luck.

See. It's even written in a book.

Are you talking about the evil isreal gods?

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Was it buda that said this?

I think you need to ask what buda meant because you do not seem to comprehend it.

Research, I'd say, is better done with all of one's senses, and is meant in "ask and knock and seek with all your heart and soul and mind and being" and everywhere possible too. Hearts and souls and minds, were after all, senses to the people of the time that I quote.

I mean, if I don't investigate and research with all my own senses, I might conclude that buda (me, that is), has a god just because some gullible non-investigating non-researching ignorant person told me so.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I think you need to ask what buda meant because you do not seem to comprehend it.

Research, I'd say, is better done with all of one's senses, and is meant in "ask and knock and seek with all your heart and soul and mind and being" and everywhere possible too. Hearts and souls and minds, were after all, senses to the people of the time that I quote.

I mean, if I don't investigate and research with all my own senses, I might conclude that buda (me, that is), has a god just because some gullible non-investigating non-researching ignorant person told me so.

Why are you lying? Budaatum?
Who said this?

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Are you talking about the evil isreal gods?

Which of the Israel gods, Mayman? They are not all evil.

Still, whatever god one may have, I find it wise to strive to be at least as good as, if not better than one's god, for they do serve as teachers of that which is right and proper to be done or not done.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

Which of the Israel gods, Mayman? They are not all evil.

Still, whatever god one may have, I find it wise to strive to be at least as good as, if not better than one's god, for they do serve as teachers of that which is right and proper to be done or not done.

The one you quoted from “a book” religiously, which one did you quote?
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Why are you lying? Budaatum?
Who said this?

Must that which you do not understand be lying, Mayn?

Should one not do research with all one's senses if one really wants to know?

If not, can you explain to me why you did not just read the book, but also delved deep into its origin?

And tell me if those you are arguing with here would not be better informed if they had investigated and researched instead of just believing as they do as if no one told them they'd tremble.

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

Must that which you do not understand be lying, Mayn?

Should one not do research with all one's senses if one really wants to know?

If not, can you explain to me why you did not just read the book, but also delved deep into its origin?

And tell me if those you are arguing with here would not be better informed if they had investigated and researched instead of just believing as they do as if no one told them they'd tremble.

Why are you intentionally lying and being mischievous?
Who said this budaatum ? I know your history here..
I’m a fellow god like your buddha, and I’m striving to be a better god than him

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

The one you quoted from “a book” religiously, which one did you quote?

I hate unnecessary adjectives. They show with what their users blind themselves, and I saw you'd given a definition of religio too, so what do you mean by, "religiously"?
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I hate unnecessary adjectives. They show with what their users blind themselves, and I saw you'd given a definition of religio too, so what do you mean by, "religiously"?

Which gods were you talking about here? Which “book” were you quoting?

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

You obviously know nothing about buda's history, Mayn, and are making it up in your head as you go along, because, if you did know anything about buda's history you would not have accused buda of having a god or a religion, nor would you make wrongful claims like "like your buddha".

I blame you not however. I'm certain you have had no reason to investigate and research buda, and once you have spent the time investigating and researching buda, (if buda is worth the effort, that is), you'd, .... Well, I guess I should wait and see instead of making up crap in my own head about you.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

You obviously know nothing about buda's history, Mayn, and are making it up in your head as you go along, because, if you did know anything about buda's history you would not have accused buda of having a god or a religion, nor would you make wrongful claims like "like your buddha".

I blame you not however. I'm certain you have had no reason to investigate and research buda, and once you have spent the time investigating and researching buda, (if buda is worth the effort, that is), you'd, .... Well, I guess I should wait and see instead of making up crap in my own head about you.

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Which gods were you talking about here? Which “book” were you quoting?

I am not talking about any particular god, Mayn. And I am quoting from the Bible, and from you.

"Investigate and research", is what some understand from "ask and knock and seek with all your heart and soul and mind and being", and not for any God, but for an understanding of what many refer to as God.

Or is buda lying, Mayn? You even claimed "not to know", which is what is written Jesus also advised when he said "abandon all the crap your head might have been filled with and become as a curious child".

Children research, as in, they ask and knock and seek with all their existence, I find, until we kill the curiousity in them.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I am not talking about any particular god, Mayn. And I am quoting from the Bible, and from you.

"Investigate and research", is what some understand from "ask and knock and seek with all your heart and soul and mind and being", and not for any God, but for an understanding of what many refer to as God.

Or is buda lying, Mayn? You even claimed "not to know", which is what is written Jesus also advised when he said "abandon all the crap your head might have been filled with and become as a curious child".

Children research, as in, they ask and knock and seek with all their existence, I find, until we kill the curiousity in them.

You are quoting what you don’t know from the Bible? Who are the gods you are quoting?

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

Are you reading my "why not" as "you must", perhaps?

If so, you mustn't, because, if you do you will become gullible who give his life and money away!

budaatum:

I beg your pardon, but are you sure that the buda who does not believe what buda is told, said you should "believe whatever we are told"?

You are aware that it is written in the book being discussed here that ignorance, which is what causes gullibility, is what kills, right? So why would I want you to be gullible and ignorant and dead?

Please note that buda was not telling you what to do, and was merely humbly asking why you do what you do, which is, "investigating it or examining it". For I have found that to be what makes people not gullible, but wise and undead, and I am merely asking why you choose to live as opposed to be gullible and ignorant and dead.

I apologise for your misunderstanding.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

Are you reading my "why not" as "you must", perhaps?

If so, you mustn't, because, if you do you will become gullible who give his life and money away!

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

You are quoting what you don’t know from the Bible? Who are the gods you are quoting?

I am not quoting any gods, Maynman.

I am merely quoting from a book which I must know something about, obviously, or I wouldn't know what's written in it.
Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by Maynman: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
budaatum:

I am not quoting any gods, Maynman.

I am merely quoting from a book which I must know something about, obviously, or I wouldn't know what's written in it.

Re: Socrates Meets Jesus by budaatum: 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maynman:

I am quoting from a book, Maynman! And a book is not a god, least not last time I checked.

Or is a book a god to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Books Of Corinthians(Paul on the foolishness of human wisdom) / Is Juju Real? / The Quran Experiment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.