Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Governor Yahaya Bello Wants To Kill Me - SDP Senatorial Candidate Natasha Akpoti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Yahaya Bello Wants To Kill Me - SDP Senatorial Candidate Natasha Akpoti (397 Views)

Kogi 2019: See The Mammoth Crowd At The SDP Candidate, Natasha's Campaign Ground / The Cars Yahaya Bello Wants To Use For Campaign (Photos) / Kogi Election: SDP Candidate, Natasha Akpoti Berates INEC For Disqualifying Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Yahaya Bello Wants To Kill Me - SDP Senatorial Candidate Natasha Akpoti by punisha: 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
Natasha Akpoti, a senatorial candidate for Kogi Central Senatorial District, seeking to contest on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), says Yahaya Bello, Governor of Kogi State, wants to “assassinate” her.

She stated this in a letter addressed to President Muhammadu Buhari entitled ‘Governor Yahaya Bello Wants to Kill Me'.
According to Akpoti, the reason the Governor wants to assassinate her is that she “dared to step out to give expression to my ambition to represent my Senatorial zone in this election”.
She urged the President to call the Governor to order, as many of her supporters had been killed.

THE LETTER IN FULL:
Dear President Muhammadu Buhari,
As Nigerians head for the polls, I am constrained to draw your attention urgently to the naked and arbitrary show of power, orchestrated murders and the embarrassment Governor Yahaya Bello has become through various atrocities in Kogi State which led your party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), to an unprecedented embarrassment in the state.
In clear and unambiguous terms, Mr. President, Governor Yahaya Bello, has perfected plans to assassinate me for daring to step out to give expression to my ambition to represent my senatorial zone in this election. This did not start today. As a matter of fact, on Friday, 17th of August 2018, Governor Yahaya Bello threatened me in the presence of three of his closest aides; Mr. Jibril Momoh (Accountant General of Kogi State), Mr. Kabiru Onyene (Special Adviser on Domestic Matters) and Mr. Abdullahi Bello, a.k.a. Dollar (Chairman, APC Kogi state) to "abandon my political ambition or face dire consequences".
This ordinarily would have passed without much worry. Unfortunately, many other recent developments have made it crucial for me to cry out that you kindly save my soul.
Just yesterday Mr. President, two of my supporters were killed at my campaign. At this campaign, it was an organic crowd of genuinely loving people. I was immersed and buried in the love and embrace of very impoverished people who desired a paradigm shift. Some of these people paid the supreme price yesterday from the brutal hands of Governor Bello's thugs! Their pictures are here.

In only a few weeks that my campaign gained momentum morphing into a movement for the liberalization of Kogi Central, some of my other supporters that have been murdered are Mr. Ojo Enesi, Youth leader of my Campaign Organization in Obeiba, Ihima of Okehi Local Government Area in Kogi state. He was dragged out of his house at about 12:30am on the night of Saturday, the 12th of January 2019 and brutally murdered by a gang of APC thugs led by one Ojo Inna who pulled the trigger on late Enesi.

This was followed by the battery, stabbing and butchering of 8 of my supporters by known APC thugs at about 9am on Friday, the 11th of February 2019 during a door-to-door campaign at Obeiba in Ihima, Okehi Local Government Area. This is besides those whose property have been damaged and those who have been abducted.
The spate of attacks continued on the 1st of February 2019 after one of my youth leaders in the Fulani community, Usman Abubakar, was abducted under the instigation of the Okehi Sole Administrator, Mr. Abdulraheem Ohiare, who on the orders. This particular unforced and reckless error would have sparked an ethnic clash between the Fulani and Ebira communities in Kogi Central but for the prompt and timely intervention of the Kogi Army Commander, Major General Njoku.

Usman was released on the 12th of February after spending 12 days in a politically financed detention cell, all in a supposed democratic nation.
The names of many victims not mentioned here, to save space and your precious time but who have suffered vicious attacks are well documented and have been reported to the Nigeria Police even as they have continued unabated.
And as if the physical acts of violence were not enough, I have been at the receiving end of slanders and defamation on different occasions.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/15/yahaya-bello-wants-kill-me-sdp-senatorial-candidate-natasha-akpoti-cries-out
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Wants To Kill Me - SDP Senatorial Candidate Natasha Akpoti by IVORY2009(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
The killer party @ it again...
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Wants To Kill Me - SDP Senatorial Candidate Natasha Akpoti by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2019
Yahaya bello no get sense right from time na...... en be dey play with Dino before Dino kon show am khaki no be leather...... meanwhile he is from APC expect stupidity from the cow that's their calling

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election Prediction? Will There Be A Run-off / INEC Chairman Must Resign / A Trustworthy Weak Leader Or An Immoral Strong Leader? - Ahmad Bin Hambal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.