Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections (77097 Views)

The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) / Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Staru1(m): 10:11am On Feb 16, 2019
hinwazaka:
In 2015 election postponement was announced on the 7th of february saturday, a full week before the elections slated for 14 february.
The reasons were
*To improve the security situation in the country by battling the Boko Haram

*To allow space for more nigerians to collect their PVC's

In 2019 elections were postponed on the 16th of february on the day of the initial elections slated for the 16th of february. The reasons are
*Logistics!

Big brother, Miracle--- Based on *logistics*
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by chymeze: 10:14am On Feb 16, 2019
pple isn't it the same Amina Zakari that's in charge of logistics

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Neoteny(m): 10:21am On Feb 16, 2019
infogenius:

No mischief here.
If u check properly the govt has an indirect influence y dis election was postponed.

Where do I check?
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Odelhorno1990: 10:23am On Feb 16, 2019
The difference is clear, so clear.

To all who need cash quick loans to meet up with urgent financial needs before the postponed elections please call/WhatsApp Ogaga @09087090579/08159385912 to get the cash within hours, no collateral and guarantor required....
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Nwaide01: 10:34am On Feb 16, 2019
Comparing 2015 to 2019 is like comparing sleep with death

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by infogenius(m): 10:37am On Feb 16, 2019
Neoteny:

Where do I check?

Reasons given for postponement

In addition this can help

https://www.nairaland.com/5027017/real-reason-behind-inecs-postponement
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Neoteny(m): 10:40am On Feb 16, 2019
infogenius:

Reasons given for postponement

Given by INEC, not anyone else
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by londoner: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2019
Neoteny:

There you have it

The solution is to leave to go pollute the population of another country where the people made it work.

Lazy youths

The truth right there. Nigerians are always absolving their own responsibility to build Nigeria and to demand better. The types of things that happen in Nigeria could never happen in most African countries because the people of those countries are actually far more courageous. Nigerians have stewarded a system that fails them again and again. Did they not fill stadiums and shout slogans for BOTH PDP and APC before today? Did they not collect their bribes from both as recently as last week?

Who are they kidding?

A vote for a better Nigeria is a vote for AAC and today that is clearer than ever.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by RTSC: 10:59am On Feb 16, 2019
It only shows one thing.

Nigeria have gone backward from where we were in 2015.
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by givenchy02: 11:08am On Feb 16, 2019
na 4 naija i see sey citizen no get sey
na 4 9ja i see sey dem fit toss dia citizen like zombies,
na 4 9ja i see sey some population of ten thousand r more than population of over 150 millions.
We were all here when d rumour went viral about the letter of d AGF to INEC seeking a postponment of the election it was debunk by APC and the INEC, so why the impromptu. just yesterday osinbade welcome the international observers into the country when they knew elections will be postponed, i wonder when this government will stop fooling this country in the face of the international bodies. this government has so much brought the reputation of this country to nothing. i call them brainless
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Buharimustgo16F: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2019
Earthbound:
I'm tired of being Nigerian.
Thank God i did not make it again to come All way from Germany to Nigeria to Vote out that Failure call Buhari...Still believe my Fellow Nigerians we do it for us here in Abroad . Atiku all the Way
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by asanwafo: 11:17am On Feb 16, 2019
Nothing is as disheartening as when one does not know anything and choose to display his or her ignorance with impunity. For the records 2015 elections was not postponed to allow more people collect their PVC. INEC then headed by Atahiru Jega continuously stated the commission's readiness to go ahead with the elections even in a meeting the then President (GEJ) had with Jega and his Service chiefs on the eve three days to the elections , he maintained that the commission was ready for the election. The argument continued to a point that the IG of Police and the then security adviser threatened that if he went ahead to conduct the elections, they will not guarantee the security of voter. That was why the elections was shifted. However I know most of you attacking PMB and even mis informing Nigerians just to have your way are beneficiaries of free money when PDP was in power. And since it no longer coming everything must be done to destroy whatever may be a hindrance to having assess to that. Christians all over Nigeria have become endangeared species in ur effort to discredit PMB and incite Christians against him. When Benue state governor was planning to leave his party, he instigated crises b/w farmers and herdsmen and the moment he changes party, the killing stopped. Keep the killings going on, keep the misinformation going on, keep on the fake news, keep the lies going on, at the end of the day God Must surely vindicate his chosen one. Sai Baba!
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by asanwafo: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2019
Nothing is as disheartening as when one does not know anything and choose to display his or her ignorance with impunity. For the records 2015 elections was not postponed to allow more people collect their PVC. INEC then headed by Atahiru Jega continuously stated the commission's readiness to go ahead with the elections even in a meeting the then President (GEJ) had with Jega and his Service chiefs three days to the elections , he maintained that the commission was ready for the election. The argument continued to a point that the IG of Police and the then security adviser threatened that if he went ahead to conduct the elections, they will not guarantee the security of voter. That was why the elections was shifted. However I know most of you attacking PMB and even mis informing Nigerians just to have your way are beneficiaries of free money when PDP was in power. And since it no longer coming everything must be done to destroy whatever may be a hindrance to having assess to that. Christians all over Nigeria have become endangeared species in ur effort to discredit PMB and incite Christians against him. When Benue state governor was planning to leave his party, he instigated crises b/w farmers and herdsmen and the moment he changes party, the killing stopped. Keep the killings going on, keep the misinformation going on, keep on the fake news, keep the lies going on, at the end of the day God Must surely vindicate his chosen one. Sai Baba!
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Sammydee01: 11:19am On Feb 16, 2019
wirinet:

Is there a law to back up this your assertion? Is there a law that mandate INEC to seek approval from the president before postponing elections or any other of its functions?

Jega initially refuse to postpone the 2015 elections and had to be summoned by the FEC and national assembly before he agreed to postpone.
RTSC:
It only shows one thing.

Nigeria have gone backward from where we were in 2015.
wirinet:

Is there a law to back up this your assertion? Is there a law that mandate INEC to seek approval from the president before postponing elections or any other of its functions?

Jega initially refuse to postpone the 2015 elections and had to be summoned by the FEC and national assembly before he agreed to postpone.
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Odingo1: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2019
asanwafo:
[s]Nothing is as disheartening as when one does not know anything and choose to display his or her ignorance with impunity. For the records 2015 elections was not postponed to allow more people collect their PVC. INEC then headed by Atahiru Jega continuously stated the commission's readiness to go ahead with the elections even in a meeting the then President (GEJ) had with Jega and his Service chiefs on the eve three days to the elections , he maintained that the commission was ready for the election. The argument continued to a point that the IG of Police and the then security adviser threatened that if he went ahead to conduct the elections, they will not guarantee the security of voter. That was why the elections was shifted. However I know most of you attacking PMB and even mis informing Nigerians just to have your way are beneficiaries of free money when PDP was in power. And since it no longer coming everything must be done to destroy whatever may be a hindrance to having assess to that. Christians all over Nigeria have become endangeared species in ur effort to discredit PMB and incite Christians against him. When Benue state governor was planning to leave his party, he instigated crises b/w farmers and herdsmen and the moment he changes party, the killing stopped. Keep the killings going on, keep the misinformation going on, keep on the fake news, keep the lies going on, at the end of the day God Must surely vindicate his chosen one. Sai Baba[/s]!
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by MacLovington(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2019
Neoteny:

Won't it be better to argue based on facts?

Everything you've said is massive conjecture, supposition, fallacies, falsehood, lies, rumors, and slander.

No one would take you serious, and you don't win arguments with bullshiit
Lol. And you're the head of CIA that knows everything.

In Nigeria rumours have more truth in them than official party political dribbling they feed us.

By early morning yesterday, I heard rumours that elections will be postponed totally or in some states. They even used alleged Kaduna shooting as one of the excuses lined up. If I had posted the info here, Seun & his mod goons would have banned me.

I and my friends even dismissed the rumours.

And what happened last night? Exactly that.

As a possible indomie kid, you might not know.

We had rumours about Buhari's coup long before 1983 coup against Shagari. Most people dismissed it. I grew up surrounded by investigative journalists. What I knew as a little kid about Buhari, many people will never know lifelong.
And he later struck.

I still laugh at people who claim Buhari didn't know about the coup. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Joehong(m): 11:32am On Feb 16, 2019
Bros, postponement is postponement you don't have an other name for it.
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Antivirus92(m): 11:46am On Feb 16, 2019
PythonDancer:
2015 elections was singlehandedly postponed by the sitting president .
Meanwhile ,This time it is INEC that postponed the elections . The president has no hand in it .
I know some fools will say otherwise , but if Buhari can dictate for INEC ,then he should have ordered them to put Rivers and Zamfara states APC on the ballot .
why bothering to put them when he knows they stand no chance of winning
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Investbrooker: 11:51am On Feb 16, 2019
ajepako:
The common factor?

Both initiator of the postponement lost..

Woefully! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who is the initiator?
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Neoteny(m): 11:53am On Feb 16, 2019
MacLovington:

In Nigeria rumours have more truth in them than official party political dribbling they feed us.

By early morning yesterday, I heard rumours that elections will be postponed totally or in some states. They even used alleged Kaduna shooting as one of the excuses lined up. If I had posted the info here, Seun & his mod goons would have banned me.

We had rumours about Buhari's coup long before 1983 coup against Shagari. Most people dismissed it. I grew up surrounded by investigative journalists. What I knew as a little kid about Buhari, many people will never know lifelong.
And he later struck.

I still laugh at people who claim Buhari didn't know about the coup. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

People like you who make all sorts of claims about inside information turn out to be the greatest liars, like FFK.

For 3 consecutive elections there's been postponement, so concluding that any election would be postponed has a higher probability of turning out to be true; doesn't require any cosmic powers or "investigative journalists".

You're not especially smart for guessing a likelihood. All kinds of rumors swirl, some will hit and some will miss as per the law of averages.
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by davidque007(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2019
OP you are wrong, the 2019 election was postponed on the same day not a day before. I was up till 2am and INEC concluded its meeting at about 1:30am before announcing the conclusions from the meeting
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by MacLovington(m): 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Neoteny:

People like you who make all sorts of claims about inside information turn out to be the greatest liars, like FFK.

For 3 consecutive elections there's been postponement, so concluding that any election would be postponed has a higher probability of turning out to be true; doesn't require any cosmic powers or "investigative journalists".

You're not especially smart for guessing a likelihood. All kinds of rumors swirl, some will hit and some will miss as per the law of averages.

I am not writing to convince you. I just say it how I see it.
I support no party. In fact hardly have any stake in 9ja elections. I took care of that long ago. In only pity the masses that have got poorer since 2015.
No need reasoning with Buhari supporters who say on NL that even if Buhari sleep with their wife or loot CBN, they will still vote for him. cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by victorypeace: 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2019
There is no differece. both were postponed. PERIOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by asanwafo: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
And u think u are wise. Rheumatism will soon catch ur fingers after next week
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by tuniski: 12:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
olujastro:
I know this decision by INEC is very disappointing to all and sundry, but for Atikulooters this is another opportunity to attack the president and his party for INEC's failure.

When the APC is affected by INEC's decisions against it, democracy is working and INEC is independent.
But when an independent INEC fails in its responsibility despite being given all they asked for, Mr President and the APC are endangering democracy

More shame on Atikulooters than on INEC.

This election postponement has shown that lots of Nigerians are far more emotional beings than rational.
Lame. Typical of buharideens. Apc is not affected by INEC its failed itself by not conducting proper primaries.
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by mechanics(m): 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
But the reasons for the postponement is glaring for people to see.
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by wirinet(m): 1:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
MacLovington:

And he later struck.

If we are to believe every rumour being peddled by opposition or vested interests, then we would not be able to separate reality from friction anymore.

The election postponement, though annoying was not unexpected, INEC seem totally unprepared to organise the general elections and I hope they would he ready in one week. Election postponement are the norm in Nigeria rather than an exception.

There was rumours of a coup immediately Shagari won the election in 1983, The 1983/84 coup did not come as a surprise.

Why not explain the role Buhari played in the 1983 coup? At least we knew the roles Babangida, Abacha, Bako, Dongoyaro, Idiagbon and even MKO abiola. Did Buhari participate in the planning, execution or financing of the coup? References please.
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by Ayobami7(m): 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
好的
Re: Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections by nurudeen181(m): 2:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
Not a shame at all.... Foolish citizens everywhere... You are the shame....for not ever saying good to a country that harbour you whole generation...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Kidnap Female Soldier, Strip And Threaten To Behead Her / How Jonathan Lands In Otuoke And How Buhari Intends To Land In Daura / Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.