Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,908 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Do You Need A Paediatrician? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Need A Paediatrician? (416 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Need A Paediatrician? by DrAda(f): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2019
I am a paediatrician and I want to offer some of my services to parents who are in dire need of child health care or tips.
My Instagram page is @kiddies_matters
Feel free to please send me DMs there as it is easy to get the alerts rather than on this platform
Remember my services are for free.
Have a lovely day.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Need A Paediatrician? by DrAda(f): 11:27am On Feb 16, 2019
�Giving Aspirin when your child has cough and catarrh can damage your child's liver and brain
�Tetracycline stains the teeth and bones permanently
�Cough syrups have not been declared 100% safe in children below the age of 4 years
�Drugs that stop vomiting and diarrhea traps the germs in your child's body worsening the illness
�Honey do contain germs that can cause paralysis in your baby
�Chloramphenicol can change your baby's body complexion and also leads to low blood pressure.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need A Paediatrician? by DrAda(f): 12:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
To confirm this belief, the traditional practice is to introduce an ant to the extracted breastmilk and if it dies, it is believed that the milk is spoilt.
The ant dies not from the extracted breastmilk but from drowning.
To believe that breastmilk can spoil while still in the breast is simply not possible.
If that were so, blood transfusion shouldn't exist as well.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need A Paediatrician? by Mumifortune: 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Good job doctor Ada... This will be of great help to new moms, but I think health section is the right place to post it.

However permit me to ask this question here- pls what would you suggest in treating catarrh for a 15weeks old baby?

(1) (Reply)

Room Self Contain Urgently Needed / A must have for ladies / Kakamega"twins" Shocking DNA Result Is Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.