Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (38194 Views)

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / Should I Advice Her, Play Along Or Leave Her? / 3 Financial Red Flags In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Biglittlelois(f): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
Deicide:
Shut up your Zodiac sign or position of distance planet relative to when you were born has nothing to do with anything angry

I can see you're a frustrated being, I hope you find a cure soon.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Austyno90(m): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
This thing called relationship will run us all mad[/color]
Today this, today that. I weak
A girl will say I want a guy that is protective, good communicator etc 2maro she will say the guy is over protective he is this, he is that.
Abeg make this world just end[color=#990000]
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by noble2faith(m): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
solasoulmusic:
First of all I don’t label people and also I’ve learnt to come from a place of love we all have our personalities and what I focus on is how can we work together to make it work first things first is recognizing and also finding a way to let them know how their actions affect yours I wouldn’t even know a narcicist because I’m not there to be your psychiatrist I’m there to be a friend a lover and a wife I can talk with you and leave everything open for you to share your heart with me but I’m not into labels I just love.

We are emotionally compatible!

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Biglittlelois(f): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

Lol. U wan provoke elder, e bi like say u don ready for wahala. my hand no dey.

grin grin grin
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by harry2sexy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2019
I'm a narcist,hit your head on the wall
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I'm not a sociopath, I let people in when I see the traits I like and admire, I'm actually fun to be with.
Great smiley
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by cooldood(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2019
Please note that NPD is not gender-biased. Some reasons why people develop the trait over time include: excessive indulgence by single parents while raising them (NPDs) and at the same time extreme way of disciplining them. Most female NPDs were raised by single mothers based on research and they are usually overly pampered and protected during childhood.

I once dated a lady with NPD and it was crazy. She falls into the grandiose type of NPD.

I once worked in a company owned by a man with NPD, he’s also grandiose.

These people are usually very charming from their outward look and they are very cunny and manipulative. They can lie to get you but once they have you, you become a tool in their hands.

There are many personality disorders, we need to all check ourselves, reflect on our attitudes and actions/ inactions.

One other personality disorder that is common among NPD is character disorder, these ones will never accept responsibility for any thing that happened due to their actions/ in actions. This is more common to females. Always looking for someone else to blame and can’t accept responsibility. Some men display same also.

Be alert and attentive to your environment, cos once you marry people with these traits, be ready for a loooooong endurance marathon (if you don’t want divorce).

5 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Newton8(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Part 1- THE NARCISSIST.
Good day Nairalanders, I decided to start a series to help others in relationships to recognize red flags and seek help where necessary and also avoid placing themselves in such situations.

This series will be like an expose especially on some B personality types like narcissists, borderlines, sociopaths and psychopaths. The continuity of this series will be based on your feedback, so please share and comment, you may be helping someone.

Who is a narcissist? He/she is someone who has an excessive in or admiration of themselves simple. While everyone has some narcissistic Traits so that we have good self-esteem. It becomes pathological when you have narcissist qualities to high degrees and at the expense of others. These are the narcissists I am referring to. We’ll call tem Narcs for short.

Narcs are usually selfish, entitled (believe they are the best thing since sliced bread), grandiose (believe that they are bigger and greater than they are or someone they aren’t), arrogant, manipulative, shallow/superficial and most importantly lack empathy (do not consider other people's feelings). They constantly seek validation and have a need for continuous admiration by all to boost their self-esteem and ego because they can’t draw such from themselves. Any person, thing or environment that provides this ego boost in any form to the narcissist is termed “narcissist supply”. Status symbols like sports cars, wealth, beauty; a yes man or sidekick or arm candy, a beautiful lady in the midst of less pretty ones so that she stands out more and so on are prime examples of narc supply

Narcissism is a spectrum, but we will broadly classify them into two but keep in mind that they overlap. The overt narcissists and the covert narcissists. Overt narcissists are easier to spot. They are usually extroverts. Most CEOs and a certain president who called our country a shithole are prime examples. We all know that arrogant person who doesn’t care for other people’s feelings, or that high and mighty boss who doesn’t care or give you leave because your mother is ill. Or that bf/gf who always want to be the center of attraction, it has to be about them. When in a relationship with such a person they do anything to make themselves look good even belittling you and chipping away your self-esteem so that you want to be like them, it can go on for so long you don’t know what is real anymore. ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS ANYONE!
Covert narcissists are harder to spot, they have narcissist traits but hide it. They are experts of victim mentality, blame shifting, sabotaging and passive aggression. When in a relationship with such a person, you will always feel bad and not know why, everything seems perfect on the outside but something nags you and you can’t pinpoint the problem. If you feel such you might be in a relationship with a covert narc. They will make you feel bad on your birthday, or show fake concern if you are overweight. Some spiritual leaders, marriage counselors and therapists are prime examples, when you got to them they throw it back at you and tell you the problem is your fault. A covert narc may apologize for wrong doing, and promise to change but will go back to old habits soon after.

Narcs are not capable of sustaining deep intimate relationships where give and take is involved. They take and take until the giver is half of themselves. The relationship becomes 11/2 = 1/2 instead of 1=1 and sadly Nigerian upbringing is producing a lot of male covert narcissists.

So the question is should one stay or leave a relationship with a narc? That is entirely up to the person. Narcissists cannot be completely changed because it is a personality disorder. But something can be done which we will address in part 2. Please ask questions and feel free to share personal examples or your ordeals with a narc.
Cc

Got some questions for you...but just gonna ask this first!
So, are you saying narcissists can't be in true love with their spouse/partner? Cause from all you noted, they seem to be very bad their love isn't genuine.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by pocohantas(f): 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
I had a friend like that, fine, average height, good skin, nice ass and fcking intelligent. She was just something else (i.e) words and actions to her man. I used to look at her bf and I saw how drained he was. But it seems each time she turned and he saw that ass, dude fell back into the zone he desperately wanted out from.

He never left,

After few years, she called it off.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Deicide: 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
Narcissistic male are like cocaine to the female gender. Yes cocaine is harmful but they can't do without it grin

A guy would detect a Narcissist behavior from the female gender and he would run like hell but for women this is the moment they get closer cause they love it.

When the Narcissist finally leaves them they become bitter and angry undecided

If you are a guy and you wanna get pǔssy, you want women to be your slave you wanna treat them like shit and get away with, you wanna have them come begging you like there is no tomorrow. I say be a NARCISSIST.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by pocohantas(f): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

Lol. U wan provoke elder, e bi like say u don ready for wahala. my hand no dey.

Lmao... this made me laugh cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2019
Austyno90:
This thing called relationship will run us all mad[/color]
Today this, today that. I weak
A girl will say I want a guy that is protective, good communicator etc 2maro she will say the guy is over protective he is this, he is that.
Abeg make this world just end[color=#990000]
angry angry angry
Most are confused as to what they want.... Leaving us confused too angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
Biglittlelois:

This is true, I tend to cut off completely when I find out the deceit and lies, I feel it's demeaning to my person.

Yes, a scorpio dont like or entertain bullsh*t.
They simply walk out than fight back but if they ever say, i will deal with you then you have reason to be scared.
They will surely deal with you.

However they have one narcissistic tendency which is they are always VERY busy being just with themselves (loner) but if you are able to break into them, you will have someone who will always be there for you come rain, come sunshine. They all believe people dont always understand them, as such they retire to their shell. They are also very truthful people, and they expect you to be truthful to them no matter how bleeped up the situation is. They are very understanding too.

Like I said, always be truthful to them because they all have natural tendency to smell a lie.

As a matter of fact, the best relationship anyone will ever have is with a scorpio.
They are crazy fun. When they love, they love with their all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
Deicide:
Narcissistic male are like cocaine to the female gender. Yes cocaine is harmful but they can't do without it grin

A guy would detect a Narcissist behavior from the female gender and he would run like hell but for women this is the moment they get closer cause they love it.

If you are a guy and you wanna get pǔssy, you want women to be your slave you wanna treat them like shit and get away with, you wanna have them come begging you like there is no tomorrow. I say be a NARCISSIST.
Chisos!!!! shockedshocked

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Biglittlelois(f): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
PIPnator:

Yes, a scorpio dont like or entertain bullish.
They simply walk out than fight back but if they ever say, i will deal with you then you have reason to be scared.

However they have one narcissistic tendency which is they are always VERY busy being just with themselves (loner) but if you are able to break into them, you will have someone who will always be there for you come rain, come sunshine. They all believe people dont always understand them, as such they retire to their shell. They are also very truthful people, and they expect you to be truthful to them no matter how bleeped up the situation is. They are very understanding too.

Like I said, always be truthful to them because they all have natural tendency to smell a lie.

As a matter of fact, the best relationship anyone will ever have is with a scorpio.

Are you Scorpio? This is soo me, thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Deicide: 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I can see you're a frustrated being, I hope you find a cure soon.
Are you referring to my post cause that's a scientific fact. If you want proof i can provide it angry
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
pocohantas:
I had a friend like that, fine, average height, good skin, ass and fcking intelligent. She was just something else (i.e) words and actions to her man. I used to look at her bf and I saw how drained he was. But it seems each time she turned and he saw that ass, dude fell back into the zone he desperately wanted out from.

He never left,

After few years, she called it off.

gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Are you Scorpio? This is soo me, thanks smiley

100%
Scorpio to the bone, blood and soul. smiley wink
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2019
Not watering down childhood experiences as a major factor that shapes narcissists, but two things make human beings become too full of themselves:

Money and power for the male species.

Beauty and great bodies for the females.

This sums the thread up pretty much.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's impossible to be an alpha male without exhibiting some narcissistic traits.

That being said, even the most evil people are capable of loving altruistically.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by kcy(m): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2019
PIPnator:

Yes, a scorpio dont like or entertain bullish.

we kwn our self
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Rubbiish(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
I apologise for that. There are a lot of narcissistic women, it is just that they are usually covert because narcissism is not believed to be feminine. But a lot of gorgeously beautiful women are narcissistic because they were reinforced on their beauty growing up and it is all they have. They then engage in attention seeking behavior to gain validation.
I am not happy with u sad
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by MissJoy29(f): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
cancer can be narcissistic supply for leo
How?
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by ubunja(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mariangeles:
Say you be who naaaa??

Madiba ??
so they are free to support anyone but not ubunja?
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by dingbang(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
solasoulmusic:
First of all I don’t label people and also I’ve learnt to come from a place of love we all have our personalities and what I focus on is how can we work together to make it work first things first is recognizing and also finding a way to let them know how their actions affect yours I wouldn’t even know a narcicist because I’m not there to be your psychiatrist I’m there to be a friend a lover and a wife I can talk with you and leave everything open for you to share your heart with me but I’m not into labels I just love.
kiss
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

I am not happy with u sad
why. By the way, where were u Sunday evening?
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lair lair, pants on fire!

As a 39 years old woman that you're, meeting a guy with such spec as you defined up there, you'll gladly and forever cling to his shirt. You'll even be a door mat for him to walk on. Don't tell us lies, please.

Stop living a lie!

Habba calm down na, she never said she was 39. Even if, 39 isn't a bad number na. How old is don't jazzy?

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
Newton8:

Got some questions for you...but just gonna ask this first!
So, are you saying narcissists can't be in true love with their spouse/partner? Cause from all you noted, they seem to be very bad their love isn't genuine.
some can. But it is their own version of love. Read this article to know more. https://www.counsellingservicemelbourne.com.au/narcissists-capable-love/
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2019
Deicide:

that is not narcissism but egoism.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
I am introverted too but not a sociopath....
a sociopath is very different from what you think
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by dingbang(m): 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
coolin conclusion, let us try to reflect upon ourselves and cut out all those negative personalities for the good and betterment of the society.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
wickedworld:
Pls run they are bad news. They lied about everything, they are manipulative, makes empty promises a lot, their attitude is different from what they say, they will use u to get another supply, down grade u in present of family and friends, always taking and when is time for them to give u will be discarded.

They will discardu for a new supply after 2 months they will be back as nothing happened. Their wrong is always ur fault because they are perfect. They like show off, brag a lot, womanise a lot, drama king, they are mean, heartless, frustrating, control freak, stubborn, u will always feel like walking on egg shell in relationship with them, relationship will them always end bad, they think u don't deserve them in their head.
Etc

Once u know u are dating narcissist play them back with the mind of discarding.
Gbam!! This is how to treat a narcissist should you decide to stay.fire for fire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How I Discovered My Girlfriend Has Been Cheating: Pics Included / Michelle Obama’s Mother Dies, Leaves Inheritance To ‘my Son Michael’ / Young Man Reveals Why He Cheats On His Girlfriend - His Reason Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.