Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian (22452 Views)

The Implications Of APC Governors Meeting With Wike And Tinubu's Sure Ticket / Elections Postponement: FG Orders Immediate Payment Of February Salaries / Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian by indomitableme: 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
Great Nigerians!
Do you really believe that INEC could be incompetent to deliver, on the very day of the long awaited presidential elections?
Well this is not time to cast blames or suspicions, everything happen for reasons that can give us opportunity to take the right steps. Don’t be dismayed over the postponement; rather see it as a time to make a one last and right thought collectively and make a giant leap.
I wonder if it ever occurs to us that Nigerian politics is not a two-party system, however due to the way the minds of most Nigerians have been programmed to think, what has become familiar is APC and PDP. Amidst the oppressions, poverty, foreclosures of companies and loss of jobs, setbacks, failures and woes they’ve caused the nation because of their self-centeredness and their governmental system based on thievery and thuggery, we still chant “Up APC” “Up PDP” and we are willing to vote in our enemies and oppressors again? How can we move forward?
APC’s campaigns and considerations by the masses for coming into power were based on promises (uneducated promises I call it). One of the so-called catchy ones was the promise of bringing one naira too one dollar, this and other APC’s promises reeked of any proper analogy Smh!
APC government in all ramifications today, is crippling the nation, and has beyond reasonable doubt brought much sufferings and untold hardship to the masses, from the rich to the poor. Insecurity of the nation is on the rise that you don’t know if a member of your family could be the next victim. Why should APC deserve your vote?
APC joined league with PDP in corruption and has done it better, PDP being the grand. PDP’s campaign statements really show that there is no change in the system. Why should NNPC be scrapped or sold? Why should amnesty be granted to criminals? No proper planning of ranching system to curtail the killings by Fulani herdsmen? The corruption allegations of PDP’s candidate are too gross to be ignored. Why should PDP deserve your vote?
We must at this point realize that APC and PDP are not the answers to the country’s myriads of problems, as a matter of fact; they have completely failed the nation. We must also realize that a political office is all about service. Who are they meant to serve? It is the masses. If an employer judges the output of his employee to be poor, he gets him fired and employs a better candidate.
Friends, there is one good and ideal candidate that has been tried and has the brain to man this country without the influences of cabals! He is a young leader that understands and is current with the country’s economy, competent enough to address national issues and bring solutions.
He is Omoyele Sowore, AAC presidential candidate. I have carefully studied his profile and I am convinced that he is the right candidate that Nigeria needs now. I urge you also to make more findings about him. Sowore is a man of integrity, whose history has no dent of one corruption allegation.
The verdict from THE CANDIDATES has declared him as the best candidate. This is a fact that we should not ignore, if we are truly concerned about the situation of this nation. He was the most drilled, of all the presidential aspirants that were featured.
Friends, the power to revive this country is in our hands, and we have the opportunity now! If you really mean well for this nation, please erase APC and PDP off your mind, and consider voting for AAC. Even if you are not convinced to vote Sowore, think of any other better candidate, but definitely not APC and PDP that has failed us.
By and large I am strongly of the support for one voice for the masses, we have the opportunity now to sack our enemies and oppressors, APC and PDP. Let us unite with one voice and support and vote in a youthful and intelligent leader who has what it takes to change this country for good.
Say goodbye to your oppressors, Vote AAC (Omoyele Sowore).
Re: Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian by Omalee(f): 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
Chikiletta:

https://thepunditng.com/elections-postponement-the-implications-on-the-common-nigerian/

In all I plead with Nigerians to still go out and vote if the 23rd Feb date come to fruition
Re: Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian by egbetokuns(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
I think Yoruba is the most funny set of people in politics, Yoruba condemned Buhari, now thinking to vote in Atiku. Wel, North is on the saver side, either Buhari or Atiku they stil hold political post of number one citizen. The game is now between East and West. Osinbajon is from west (yoruba), and Obi from East (Igbo). The Igbo are supporting Atiku/Obi because they recognise the importance of their son being the vice president. Go to all ministries you'll discover that the number of Igbo workers outnumbered all other ethnic groups in the nation. How are they doing it? They have always been in government since 1960 as vice presidents and so on. Each time this happens they fill the ministries with their people whether these people qualify or not. This time around they are posting stupid stories and lies to make Yoruba support their plans. If you vote PDP you have sold your own people and assist the Igbo to have their ways. If you are in doubt about the Igbo attitude check the period Azikwe was the ceremonial president of Nigeria, he made sure that all vice chancellors of Nigerian universities are Igbo. Gradually, almost all junior and senior posts were filled by Igbo. If you still go to university of Ibadan you would still find the traces of this atrocity there. Yoruba should think twice before they condemn their own. Omo eni kii sedi bebere ka fi ileke sidi omi elomii. Right in front of me now is a book on Hubert Ogunde and I have just read the story around the development of the play and song Yoruba Ronu. I've never seen a people who decide to be self enemies like Yoruba. You may decide not to vote in your own as Yoruba because Igbo are surreptitiously twisting your brains through lies and half truths on the social media but you may regret your action soon. But don't forget the Yoruba adage that says Teni n teni, takisa n taatan. But while Ohaneze is saying openly that they are voting massively for PDP because their son Obi is the running mate, Yoruba are unfortunately deriding their own son, Osinbajo, for petty politicking. We need to change this pattern of self indictment and destruction. Yoruba worked against Awolowo, Abiola, Bola Ige and other stars among them. I dont understant the problem of yorubas, Can't we reason?

Ps: share among yorubas if you are convinced
Re: Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian by deefresh: 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
Nnamdi KANU was right about boycotting the election. Now ain't we all sitting at home. Effectively doing the same? So yes let's boycott the erection-- why? cause Nigeria is a f**ked up country. Lol grin
Re: Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian by Donkenny511(m): 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
Offa Garage road ilorin today.

This use to be a very busy road but due to election palava people stay at home and even we that come out couldn't get food to buy because most shops are closed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abiodun Sends Traditional Chiefs To Beg Adebutu Over Election Petition - Gazette / Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash / Ibrahim Ahmadu Commassie Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.