Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

I Regret Working In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Regret Working In Church (2016 Views)

What I Learnt In Church Today / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Working In Church by drrobert: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2010
i really regret working in Church
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2010
The pple in the church are human beings&not God. If they err, its normal.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Rhino3dm: 7:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^Just show your real color!. Were working for your god or christ embassy? ?. Do they advertise for positions, interview, appointment letters  over there?  cut that crap and get your self busy.
Welcome to the real world. Broda.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by dejiariyo1: 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2010
Suffer Suffer for world, Enjoy for heaven.
Pastors house na in dey fine pass but its hard for my pple to buy soap, pastor dey ride jet, u dey church dey work for nothing, poor man
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2010
Matt 5:12

Rejoice & be glad,for great is your reward in heaven grin
Re: I Regret Working In Church by manmustwac(m): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Don't u sometimes ask yourself why the Pastors are buying private jets driving expensive rides and living in big mansions and getting thier rewards in this lifetime. And the masses are expected to keep suffering and get thier own rewards in the next imaginary lifetime. Get real. Imaginary Heaven exists only in your imagination
Re: I Regret Working In Church by noetic16(m): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2010
drrobert:

i though if i work in church all will be cool.
they hardly pay salaries but there is money circulating
we work listen to best messages of inspiration but our Pastor do not act what they seem
i really regret working in Christ embassy.

its just the wickedness of man to man. your spirit should testify if it is the true God that is worshipped in CE.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by manmustwac(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2010
drrobert:

we work listen to best messages of inspiration but our Pastor do not act what they seem
Just like the Nigerian economy. People are harldy paid salaries but money is circulating,
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2010
drrobert:

The big question is: "Were you working for God/Jesus, or working for the[b] church/pastor[/b]?"
Re: I Regret Working In Church by manmustwac(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2010
must have been church/pastor. But the pastors will convince them that its God/Jesus
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2010
manmustwac:

must have been church/pastor. But the pastors will convince them that its God/Jesus
LOL grin

If this is the case, then I suggest the poster RE-TRACE his/her steps.

S/he should figure out where s/he lost his/her bearing. . .

Finally, s/he should learn from his/her mistakes. . . and begin searching for God again . . .
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2010
imhotep:

LOL grin

If this is the case, then I suggest the poster RE-TRACE his/her steps.

S/he should figure out where s/he lost his/her bearing. . .

Finally, s/he should learn from his/her mistakes. . . and begin searching for God again . . .

I didn't now that god was missing, I swear I saw him today mowing my neighbor's lawn. He told me his name was Jesus but he looked Mexican!
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2010
Martian:

I didn't now that god was missing, I swear I saw him today mowing my neighbor's lawn. He told me his name was Jesus but he looked Mexican!

Master: The final barrier [/b]to our attaining God is the word and concept "God."

[b]Pastor {angry}:
But surely the word 'God' can lead us to God?

Master:   Yes, it can.

Pastor {still angry}:   How can something help and be a barrier at the same TIME?

Master:   The donkey that brings you to the door is not the means by which you enter the house.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Joagbaje(m): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2010
drrobert,
drrobert:

Work of ministry is for those who are called into it. You don't work in ministry for sake of pay

drrobert:

That mindset already makes you the wrong candidate.

See your hypocrisy,you're contradicting yourself. If they don't pay salaries , how come money is circulating , among who?

You are lying in your teeth.What's your purpose for this kind of thread. . But anyone who knows CEC will know that the ministry doesn't play with staff salary. Pastor chris vehemently frown at such. Not only about staff but generally , as Christians, he teaches us to honour agreement, pay those who work for you, he has a popular phrase. "Never let the poor cry to God for you" he says a man that doesn't honour agreement or his word will not be able to command spiritual authority. there is a proper way to report any issue like that officially so, how does one even know you were ever a staff, which branch of the church. What's your name.

You are the one that is not following pastor chris teaching. Pastor Chris teaches against, illicit relationships, especially those who patronise prostitutes, he had said such union is a blood covenant and that if you sleep with someone that has demons on the inside even as a Christian, you will surely have demons invade your life. But you live such degrading and terrible life by patronising whores!

drrobert:

hi Girls,
I'm looking for a big sexy lady in lagos
,if you fit please mail drhenry6@yahoo.com

Some demons you've contacted are running in your head already . How can the sanctuary work be coool for you.

1 Corinthians 6:15-16
15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make[ them] the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
Lol, Joagbaje must be a regular tithe paying member, just look at him rise to the defense of his master, I mean pastor, and his business, I mean church.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Iyineda(m): 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Let me help translate what Matthew is telling us here: "Hey, poor people, just be patient already. Death is way more fun than life itself - I mean, what's not to like about the prospect of not knowing what you become in the afterlife. But if you cannot bear with the waiting and suffering any longer I suggest you find the quickest way to end your life (unintentionally of course or else it would be a sin and instead you'd go to hell, brrrr)."
Re: I Regret Working In Church by kuzminki: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
Joagbaje (m)
NIGERI  you talk  foolishly  ,you seem to be aggressive in nature even by writing

you did not deal with the fellows complain you are there judging .
if you were really a motivator you would have encouraged him,let the fellow see where he is wrong or right
that talk lots of trash.
you do not judge what you don't know fool.
any way my brother.
follow the word not the preacher.
the Bible is the standard of judgement
so do what is right
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Enigma(m): 1:31pm On Aug 25, 2010
Joagbaje:

drrobert,
Work of ministry is for those who are called into it. You don't work in ministry for sake of pay . . . .

That mindset already makes you the wrong candidate.

Pasiitor Joagbajeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another thread you threw the scripture below at us when we debunked "tithing"; here you are now saying "workers" in church should not do it for pay! https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497709.96.html#msg6635609

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live[ of the things] of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Do you see why we accuse you "pastors" of hypocrisy, double-standards and brain-washing of your flock?
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Image123(m): 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2010
Quote from: drrobert on
August 08, 2010, 01:05 PM
hi Girls, I'm looking for a big sexy lady in lagos, if you fit please mail drhenry6@yahoo.com
Some demons you've contacted are running in your head already.
He ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha , i laugh in tears.
This is a most sorry case. How literal can the words "your sins will find you out" get?
Re: I Regret Working In Church by KunleOshob(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2010
@martian
Joagbaje is not a tithe paying member of christ embassy, he is actually a tithe collecting pastor of the sect and unlike the OP he seems to be very well rewarded by the church. However this might be due to the fact that he runs his own branch of CEC and is in direct control of the finances[tithes,offerings,first fruit, seed sowing, prophet's offering, partnership offering, building fund e.t.c] collected, thus he doesn't need to wait for any miserable salary if and when they decide to pay.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Joagbaje(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
Enigma:

Pasiitor Joagbajeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another thread you threw the scripture below at us when we debunked "tithing"; here you are now saying "workers" in church should not do it for pay! https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497709.96.html#msg6635609
Do you see why we accuse you "pastors" of hypocrisy, double-standards and brain-washing of your flock?

Nobody should work for pay, it is a poor mans mentality. We work to contribute to life. It is a form of giving. The bible is against hirelings . Thats a man that just work for the pay. He is disloyal to the vision. He has no commitment,sacrifice , and nothing at stake . He will flee at the slightest crisis.

John 10:13
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

You should enjoy your job.  But by that I did not say a worker should not be paid. It is a sin and a form of wickedness not to pay those who work for you.it will work against such person's prosperity . One of pastor chris's scripture on this is prov 3

Proverbs 3:27-28
27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do[ it]. 28 Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Enigma(m): 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
Pasiitor Joagbaje, again see your life outside!

As a pastor do you get paid or not?
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Joagbaje(m): 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2010
kuzminki,

kuzminki:

Joagbaje (m)
NIGERI  you talk  foolishly  ,you seem to be aggressive in nature even by writing

you did not deal with the fellows complain you are there judging .
if you were really a motivator you would have encouraged him,let the fellow see where he is wrong or right
that talk lots of trash.
you do not judge what you don't know fool.
any way my brother.
follow the word not the preacher.
the Bible is the standard of judgement
so do what is right

Do what is right? Its your man that should have done what is right. He is a mischievous guy. What's his motive? If he was really a staff. There is an administrative way To deal with such. You don't bring the church to disrepute as a Christian . What does he want from NL ? To beg his boss? No! If he was really a member of staff he would  have reported such, pastor chris will not take it lightly on hearing such report. He's just one of those people that will come up with any nonsense to rubbish the church.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Joagbaje(m): 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
Enigma:

Pasiitor Joagbaje, again see your life outside!

As a pastor do you get paid or not?

I never said I'm a pastor.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Joagbaje(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
KunleOshob:

@martian
Joagbaje is not a tithe paying member of christ embassy, he is actually a tithe collecting pastor of the sect and unlike the OP he seems to be very well rewarded by the church. However this might be due to the fact that he runs his own branch of CEC and is in direct control of the finances[tithes,offerings,first fruit, seed sowing, prophet's offering, partnership offering, building fund e.t.c] collected, thus he doesn't need to wait for any miserable salary if and when they decide to pay.

Church money doesn't belong to a pastor. He doesn't live by peoples offering, he lives by his giving. He is the first member. He gives his tithe and offering like any other Christian. That's why a pastor can receive . People can give him cars, money, etc, A man receives according to his faith and his giving. Not every pastor receives. A pastor that doesn't practise giving will be poor, no matter the size of his congregation.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2010
Joagbaje:

Church money doesn't belong to a pastor. He doesn't live by peoples offering, he lives by his giving. He is the first member. He gives his tithe and offering like any other Christian. That's why a pastor can receive . People can give him cars, money, etc, A man receives according to his faith and his giving. Not every pastor receives. A pastor that doesn't practise giving will be poor, no matter the size of his congregation.

Lmao, but I'm crying on the inside because of what these abrahamic faiths have done to the psyche and intellectual bankruptcy of the black man.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by MyJoe: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2010
Image123:

He ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha he ha , i laugh in tears.
This is a most sorry case. How literal can the words "your sins will find you out" get?
You know, sir, I am struggling to see the "sin" or invitation to "demons" in that post dug out by Joagbaje to embarrass the poster.

Here:

Quote from: drrobert on
August 08, 2010, 01:05 PM
hi Girls, I'm looking for a big sexy lady in lagos, if you fit please mail drhenry6@yahoo.com
Some demons you've contacted are running in your head already.
Girls: This word is not vulgar. You have girls around you, don't you?

big: There are men who don't attach much weight to the physical attributes of the lady they wish to marry. But some do, and there isn't anything wrong with that. He has a right to prefer fat, slim, tall, fair or dark ladies.

sexy: the word is not as loaded as it sounds and it's certainly not considered vulgar in contemporary popular use. Any dictionary will confirm that for you.

lady: Now that's a respectful way of referring to the womenfolk. Note he did not say "chick" or something like that.

lagos: Well, what's wrong with picking his geographical location?

Is "looking for" the problem? Didn't you "look for" in order to get married? Now if this guy wanted the "lady" in order to commit "fornication", that would be a sin for a Christian. But he stated nothing of that sort. Possibly he is thinking about getting married, something considered honourable in Christianity. We don't know, because he doesn't say. So I really can't see what you were on about.

Even if I sound mischievous to you, it was petty, improper and quite obviously wrong for Joagbaje to dig up a post that had nothing to do with the present just to embarrass someone because he happens to disagree with the person's views.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Image123(m): 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2010
Keep on struggling, it may just pay off you know.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Joagbaje(m): 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
Myjoe,
Instead of blindly defending him why don't you read the thread. Thy guy was negotiating for call girls and they responded to him, even gave account number for transportation .
Re: I Regret Working In Church by uche13: 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2010
You know what joagbajie, you are really becoming overbearing and an embarrassment to both christ embassy and the church of God in general. Why are you so vindictive? are you in a battlefield or something. Most of your replies to posts are downright childish and u r really misrepresenting the church. Though i dont like the idea of the poster posting this in public but to rather report the particular department to the right authority, your response is equally wrong. Where is the love of God in you. couldnt u have counselled him better, and the whole idea of going to dig up someones post in order to prove a point or rather embarass him is rather a disgraceful act of yours. Its only one person that is known for doing such a thing and that is the devil so please CHANGE and know you aint christ embassy's attorney.
Re: I Regret Working In Church by Ganjaseed: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2010
This Joagbaje self. If anybody working in the church should not expect any pay, how come the pastor and some inner caucus members in the church and having it cool with tithe, offerings and specially donations ?
Re: I Regret Working In Church by youngies(m): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^ Please don't burst a vein
Joagbaje is an irredeemable fried-hair CE gangster

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani / Word Of Advice- How To Beat Muslims In A Debate / Reply To TB Joshua's Return Of Tithe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.