Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

This ROT Must Be Stopped! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This ROT Must Be Stopped! (228 Views)

"Yoruba Muslim".....a Joke That Need To Be Stopped / Aisha Buhari: 'There Is No Pillow In Aso Rock, I Can’t Be Stopped From Talking' / This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This ROT Must Be Stopped! by Olatewe: 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2019
It's painful enough to live and try to cope within a society where backwardness, disorganization, greed, corruption, illiteracy, indiscipline and gross unprofessionalism holds sway. What's hurts more is the blatancy with which these practices go on.

To allow oneself to be part, or to be bred and indoctrinated into this system would be worse than to carry a curse upon oneself. Almost everything or scheme we have put in place to govern and manage ourselves as a people is more than often a robust package of ineffectiveness. For some reason, this system of ours cannot seem to find a way to get even the simplest of things done! Where have we missed it? Just what are we doing wrong?

Our schools are bad
Our hospitals aren't good enough
I'm a very good programmer, not because my country's government trained me, but because I have slaved through long years of epileptic power supply and had the blessing of the internet.
Science and technology are golden inventions, but my country's government are too ignorant to care.
Our leaders on every level don't even deserve to be there: when you have leaders who are too short-sighted, unintelligent and weak to see past money, what happens to the people?
The masses have been indoctrinated into celebrating intellectual mediocrity, they gradually become what the system teaches them - to see wealth and affluence as the only things that matter, to forget the place of responsibility, discipline and foresight, to fail to realize the huge collective benefit that lies in accumulating useful knowledge and engaging the human mind.
This rot must be stopped.

I'm not trying to be an activist or anything of the sort. I value my freedom too much to want to be fighter against the Government.
What I am clamouring for is for all of us to see - Government and masses alike - that were only going to continue shooting ourselves in the leg if we go on this way.
I am not pointing a finger to blame anyone either, I just want us as a people to reason together, to choose to see past greed, to understand how foresight helps us to keep our dear country away from rot and imminent destruction, to make the present blissfully progressive for us and the future stunningly bright for the coming generation.

Attached below are pictures of the organizational chaos that happened on the eve (Friday) of the initial election date at a Registration Area Centre (RAC) in Abuja, as INEC officials tried to assemble the ad-hoc staff, those of whom were recently trained - most of them Corp members.
The Corp members were told to to report by 4pm at the RAC, many of them did but then our dear INEC officials started the process by 10:30PM, the crowd was mixed and massive. It was never going to work out. Other people who weren't Corp members and who weren't trained ad-hoc staff were present among the crowd. The officials stopped and then tried to figure out a way to sort out names and identify the Corp members from the crowd. Everyone had to wait again, as at the time of writing, it was already 12AM in the morning.

There was no public address system.
Fast forward to 4AM, I went online and saw that the elections had been declared postponed.
I was too stressed out to give a hoot. To your tents O Israel!

1 Like

Re: This ROT Must Be Stopped! by Olatewe: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2019
Trying to upload but pictures aren't coming up

OK. Done now

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Deserve Some Accolades / Cesspool Of Inconclusive And Postponed Elections / NLC To Nigerians: Go Out And Vote On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.