Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why I stopped going to Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I stopped going to Church. (2331 Views)

Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. / Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / Lady Visits Jahovah's Witness Hall, To Ask Why They Stopped Going Door To Door (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:16am On Feb 17, 2019
I use to be a staunch Church goer. Infact you will see me in almost every program and church activities as a young lad. But I discovered those we look up to don't practice what they preach. Pastors sleeping with church females members( even married women that their husbands attends same church) was very rampant. The immorality among youths was beyond imagination. Too much hypocrisy. And they worship money to high heavens. The pastors don't care how you make the money, all they want to see is the huge sum of amount you will drop. This even led to segregation of members. The poor don't have values, while the rich are been praised and accosted so much respect. And this wasn't what Jesus talked and preached about when he was on earth.

Why is there so much hypocrisy in the church today??

Please don't mind my errors or whatsoever. I just need your contributions.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by UAE123(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2019
Certainly the immorality going on in the Churches is discouraging & disgracing but the religious leaders should not be your reason to serve your God. we can worship God in our house but we should not remove ourselves from the gathering of believers. If you feel your religious leaders are not leading you right please move to another Church.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by clive2u(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2019
not going to church is not an issue, not serving God is the issue. dont get it twisted

7 Likes

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2019
clive2u:
not going to church is not an issue, not serving God is the issue. dont get it twisted

Yeah
True talk.
I serve my God in my own way and I have been receiving answers( I am not claiming holy or being a saint). I don't believe it's until I gather in a room filled with hypocrites that God will answer my prayer.

4 Likes

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by clive2u(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Yeah
True talk.
I serve my God in my own way and I have been receiving answers. I don't believe it's until I gather in a room filled with hypocrites that God will answer my prayer.
good man
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by bedspread: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I use to be a staunch Church goer. Infact you will see me in almost every program and church activities as a young lad. But I discovered those we look up to don't practice what they preach. Pastors sleeping with church females members( even married women that their husbands attends same church) was very rampant. The immorality among youths was beyond imagination. Too much hypocrisy. And they worship money to high heavens. The pastors don't care how you make the money, all they want to see is the huge sum of amount you will drop. This even led to segregation of members. The poor don't have values, while the rich are been praised and accosted so much respect. And this wasn't what Jesus talked and preached about when he was on earth.

No matter the Hypocrisy as u say in people in church I as a person have come to Understand that This Heaven we all aspire to make is a Personal Race....

I can't Leave Going to hear GOD'S Word because of people's attitude or behavior...,

And being a Church goer is not the koko!
The Koko is Beliving in JESUS CHRIST, Surrendering your Life to HIM And Living a Life pleasing to HIM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2019
clive2u:
good man
Exactly Thanks bro.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:

No matter the Hypocrisy as u say in people in church I as a person have come to Understand that This Heaven we all aspire to make is a Personal Race....

I can't Leave Going to hear GOD'S Word because of people's attitude or behavior...,

The Koko is Beliving in JESUS CHRIST, Surrendering your Life to HIM And Living a Life pleasing to HIM

We are still saying same thing bro. it's not by going to church but knowing God personally. Besides making heaven is by God's grace. not going to church.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by paxonel(m): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2019
Christ didnt say you should go to church.

He says believe in me and be saved, thats all.

But staunted churchgoers believes that apart from believing, they must do something extra.

Now,see what they are going through in the hands of men called men of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2019
paxonel:
Christ didnt say you should go to church.

He says believe in me and be saved, thats all.

But staunted churchgoers believes that apart from believing, they must do something extra.

Now,see what they are going through in the hands of men called men of God.

Thanks bro
God bless you. My people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2019
grin op welcome to the elite club of church haters wink I'm still the general of this club cool welcome shocked

I have a verified Google Adsense for sale

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2019
snowxandria:
grin op welcome to the elite club of church haters wink I'm still the general of this club cool welcome shocked

I have a verified Google Adsense for sale

grin grin grin

i Don't hate the church though. just don't like their hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

grin grin grin

My G grin

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
snowxandria:

My G grin
grin grin grin I sight u
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by Maxi3k(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
As soon as I got admission into uni I cancelled anything religion for life
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by Grace001: 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
80% of church goers are just going for show-off,networking and because they don't want pastor(daddy) to know they didn't come to church this Sunday. Church is full of 99.9% hypocrites(Gathering of hypocrites), most churches are less concern about the spiritual growth of their member but rather concerned about the numbers of registered members. Do you know some churches even sanction pastors whose members reduce drastically because the tithe and offering also reduces.

I know of a lady who use to preach to me every now and then to attend her church, just because she goes to church she felt she is holier than me. She even preach to me on a very day I was observing a 3 days fasting and prayer personally on my own. I looked at her and smile, I told her I have my own ways of connecting to God it doesn't have to be when I attend your church or any other church.

An unspeakable incident happened in her church, the parish pastor wife(pastor Mrs) was caught red handed. Another man(alleged to be a pastor) came to sleep with pastor mrs in her husband house, when they were caught the man in question escaped through the exit door. The church council had to transfer the parish pastor because of what happened so it discourage member. Pastor and pastor mrs are now separated.

I told her, you see it's not about going to church everyday it's about your relationship with God which will guide your step not to go astray. Going to church every Sunday doesn't even stop pastor mrs from committing adultery

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by desiredhome: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:

A lot of people by believe thinks hell is when you are pushed into a burning flames.

Righteousness gives a good and fulfilled life, that is why the good book always emphasize on you doing the right thing. Some people are living in hell already while some people are living in heaven on earth.
If 52% of Nigeria is living in abject poverty is already hellfire.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
Grace001:
80% of church goers are just going for show-off,networking and because they don't want pastor(daddy) to know they didn't come to church this Sunday. Church is full of 99.9% hypocrites(Gathering of hypocrites), most churches are less concern about the spiritual growth of their member but rather concerned about the numbers of registered members. Do you know some churches even sanction pastors whose members reduce drastically because the tithe and offering also reduces.

I know of a lady who use to preach to me every now and then to attend her church, just because she goes to church she felt she is holier than me. She even preach to me on a very day I was observing a 3 days fasting and prayer personally on my own. I looked at her and smile, I told her I have my own ways of connecting to God it doesn't have to be when I attend your church or any other church.

An unspeakable incident happened in her church, the parish pastor wife(pastor Mrs) was caught red handed. Another man(alleged to be a pastor) came to sleep with pastor mrs in her husband house, when they were caught the man in question escaped through the exit door. The church council had to transfer the parish pastor because of what happened so it discourage member. Pastor and pastor mrs are now separated.

I told her, you see it's not about going to church everyday it's about your relationship with God which will guide your step not to go astray. Going to church every Sunday doesn't even stop pastor mrs from committing adultery

hmmm
That's the truth. I have heard countless stories as this one too.
Church goers are just plain hypocrites.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by bedspread: 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
desiredhome:

A lot of people by believe thinks hell is when you are pushed into a burning flames.

Righteousness gives a good and fulfilled life, that is why the good book always emphasize on you doing the right thing. Some people are living in hell already while some people are living in heaven on earth.
If 52% of Nigeria is living in abject poverty is already hellfire.
The Hell u describe here on Earth is Great Enjoyment when Compared to The Lake of Fire....

No Matter your condition here avoid Leaving the Earth without Having JESUS CHRIST!
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

CONTRIBUTION!
At Matthew 7:15-20 Jesus provided help for those who truthfully wants to associate with God's people.
*In their midst money means nothing,so you only put on cloths and ride costly cars while the organization gives you no special attention due to your material possessions!
*In their midst nobody is above the law,so whoever fall short of the standard could be called to order by ANY of the members!
*In their midst weapon carrying is totally FORBIDDEN, so you can not be a member if you're into any military service,otherwise you must change that profession if you want to remain relevant!
*In their midst politics has no place,so there is NO politician that's relevant!
*In their midst anyone that fully agrees with the principles is considered a bona-fide member of the group,so racism is dead!
*In their midst you can't have more than one wife otherwise you'll remain irrelevant,so polygamy is dead!
*In their midst God's kingdom{government} is their ONLY hope of a better world,so every faithful member is expected to keep working what God requires from prospective Kingdom citizens!
These are the tenets of TRUE Christianity though it's difficult to accept but that's what Jesus presented to all those who wants to follow Him! So whoever can't succumb to these terms should just forget about Jesus because any religious group not meeting up with these requirements have NOTHING to do with Jesus{the one that comes from Nazareth}
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

grin grin grin
Are you free from what you are accusing them of?
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

Are you free from what you are accusing them of?

This is what am talking about. I am neither a saint also. infact na sinner I be. But some Christians do a lot of bad things. blood hypocrites. Not all Christians though.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

This is what am talking about. I am neither a saint also. infact na sinner I be. But some Christians do a lot of bad things. blood hypocrites. Not all Christians though.

So why accuse and judge them? "Remove the log in your own eye before you think of removing the one in your brother's eye."
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Modified
I experienced worst scenario yet I stand gidigba. The true is there is no perfect church and whatever you see has been foretold in the bible. Ref: 2Tim 3:1-5,1 Tim 4:1, Mat 24:11. But Jesus said if you endure to the end you will be saved ( Matthew 24:13)
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by desiredhome: 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:
The Hell u describe here on Earth is Great Enjoyment when Compared to The Lake of Fire....

No Matter your condition here avoid Leaving the Earth without Having JESUS CHRIST!

The world we live is a mystirous, you form your believe by what you where told and your environment, you don't know what happens to you when you die same way you don't know how you where formed.
What about non Christians who don't have same faith as your? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

So why accuse and judge them? "Remove the log in your own eye before you think of removing the one in your brother's eye."

Seems u lack cognitive reasoning or religion has blinded your sense of reasoning. Go back and read what I said. This time, read it slowly and reply me with common sense.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
asuustrike1:

Modified
I experienced worst scenario yet I stand gidigba. The true is there is no perfect church and whatever you see has been foretold in the bible. Ref: 2Tim 3:1-5,1 Tim 4:1, Mat 24:11. But Jesus said if you endure to the end you will be saved ( Matthew 24:13)

Well. I believe in Almighty God and I serve him my own way. it is not until I go to church. Besides going to church isn't a measurement of your closeness to God.
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Well. I believe in Almighty God and I serve him my own way. it is not until I go to church. Besides going to church isn't a measurement of your closeness to God.
Don't forsake the gathering of believers. There you mingle with other believers to share your burden, prayer together and share the word together. Corporate prayers are often answered than individual prayers. Get a Christian literature on prayers by Pastor Chris oyakhilome for more details
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2019
asuustrike1:

Don't forsake the gathering of believers. There you mingle with other believers to share your burden, prayer together and share the word together. Corporate prayers are often answered than individual prayers. Get a Christian literature on prayers by Pastor Chris oyakhilome for more details

which one is corporate and individual prayers again??
seems u attend Christ embassy??
Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by frank317: 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Just wanna know...what's God's role in all this confusion? Does the failure of that Church not make God a failure?

Like someone said, the church is filled with nothing but hypocrites and sinners.

Not one church but all of them. The pastors who call themselves men of God are confusionists who preach according to their own emotions and say it's God. They are all interested in making more money or having the feeling of power by controlling multitudes. All filled with pride with nothing to show for it but arrogance and lies.

I think if God is real, his project church as a gathering has failed once again. Recall God failed in every project he entered in the bible:

Project angel failed: this birthed Lucifer who is still on rampage
Project man failed: Adam became dysfunctional and so has all man till date
Project Noah failed: the reason he drowned everyone which was sin, still continued from his selected few
Project Jesus failed: multitudes are still going to hell
Project Church and holy spirit: the spirit has ended up causing confusion thats why we have many churches saying different things with the Churches filled with hypocrites and sinners.

I am sure project rapture and heaven will still fail

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I stopped going to Church. by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Seems u lack cognitive reasoning or religion has blinded your sense of reasoning. Go back and read what I said. This time, read it slowly and reply me with common sense.

Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor W.F. Kumuyi Unites The Body Of Christ In Lagos / What Do You Think About This Bible Verse? / The Evils Of Sharia - From A Muslim Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.