Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Can Glyphosate Affect Ungerminated Seeds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can Glyphosate Affect Ungerminated Seeds (327 Views)

Glycol And Glymax Glyphosate Herbicide / Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively / How To Germinate Your Own Oil Palm Seeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Glyphosate Affect Ungerminated Seeds by chinex11(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
Goodday everyone

I was thinking if the action of glyphosate on crops cannot be over emphasized, can glyphosate affect seeds and stems that are yet to germinate?

Please anyone with an answer should help
Re: Can Glyphosate Affect Ungerminated Seeds by okoroemeka(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
chinex11:
Goodday everyone

I was thinking if the action of glyphosate on crops cannot be over emphasized, can glyphosate affect seeds and stems that are yet to germinate?

Please anyone with an answer should help
no I don't think glyphosate has soil residual effects,it's only atrazine and other pre emergence herbicides affects seed,that is why the field is left after applying to allow rain to fall on it, before planting.
Re: Can Glyphosate Affect Ungerminated Seeds by chinex11(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
okoroemeka:
no I don't think glyphosate has soil residual effects,it's only atrazine and other pre emergence herbicides affects seed,that is why the field is left after applying to allow rain to fall on it, before planting.
thanks I am really greatful

(1) (Reply)

I Need Fish Farm Inputs / Broiler Chicken For Sale / Automatic Banana Chips Frying Machine For Banana Chips Manufacturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.