Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) (1279 Views)

Nigerian Man Goes Into Shock After Losing A Virtual Bet (Photo, Video) / Covid-19: Woman Covers Her Head With Empty Container To Stay Safe (Photo, Video) / Stretch Marks Removal Procedure Goes Wrong, Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
As dangerous as it is, a man who nearly lost his life while fighting with a lion has narrated how he was able to kill the wild animal with his bare hands.

Travis Kauffman, has shared details of how he was able to kill a mountain lion with his bare hands while out running.

Kauffman, 31, said he had gone out for a hike when he started hearing some sounds and within seconds the lion jumped out from no where and pounced on him.

In an interview with CNN, Kauffman said;

”It was going up towards my face so I threw up my hands to kind of block my face, at which point it grabbed onto my hand and wrist and from there it started to claw at my face and neck.

“And that’s when kind of my fear response turned into more of a fight response.

“Because I’m a recent cat owner, I know that the back claws are pretty dangerous when it comes down to an attack. And I was pretty worried about its claws just sinking into my my stomach and groin area.

“I was able to shift my weight and get a foot on its neck…I stepped on its neck with my right foot and just slowly after a few minutes I thought I would be getting close and then it would start thrashing again and I had a few more scratches that resulted from those thrashes at that point, and I’d say another couple minutes later it finally stopped moving.

Rebecca Ferrell, who works with Colorado Parks and Wildlife, said;

“It’s definitely not something you hear every day.

“We know it sounds hard to believe, but his survival instinct kicked in and he did what he had to do.”

Below is the video:

Watch The Video HERE

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/31-year-old-man-fight-a-lion-killed-it-with-his-hands-photo-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcvsG1gRbw0

1 Share

Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
cc lalasticlala
Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by NOC1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
Yea, but is a cub.

It was a self defence, one most make way for one. It is either him or the cub
Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by ebujany(m): 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
grin

Baby lion...well done
Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by Lanretoye(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
Maybe it's not a original lion.
Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lion cub? You want to be Samson?

1 Like

Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by daddytime(m): 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
That one na Aba made Lion....e die well
Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by drewxx88(m): 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
What the op failed to add,The cougar (Puma concolor), also commonly known as the puma, mountain lion, panther or catamount, is a large felid of the subfamily Felinae native to the Americas. Its range, from the Canadian Yukon to the southern Andes of South America, is the widest of any large wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere,so its not like a regular lion its smaller not even as heavy as an African lioness talkless of a male African lion...
Re: Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) by KadunaMafia: 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
drewxx88:
What the op failed to add,The cougar (Puma concolor), also commonly known as the puma, mountain lion, panther or catamount, is a large felid of the subfamily Felinae native to the Americas. Its range, from the Canadian Yukon to the southern Andes of South America, is the widest of any large wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere,so its not like a regular lion its smaller not even as heavy as an African lioness talkless of a male African lion...
Thank you. I read this story on BBC and I'm surprised bloopers are calling it Lion

(1) (Reply)

Please Help , Blood Coming Out From My Dick / Woman Who Was Living In A Van With 320 Rats Agrees To Give Them Up / What Semen Is Made Of: Why A Man Should Stop Masturbation In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.