Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,551 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

Diary Of My GSD - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of My GSD (4462 Views)

Pls Rate My GSD.. Now An Adult Dog / Diary Of My GSD, Bella / I Need My Gsd To Be Aggressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2019
Good afternoon all just got a gsd pup few hours ago... she's actually 5weeks old
would be needing your advice as the day goes by...

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
feeding suggestions would be appreciated
Re: Diary Of My GSD by wongpre(m): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
Golden morn or pap, mixed with Jojo dog food for now.
No bones for now.
Your pup is beautiful
Weldone

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 10:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
wongpre:
Golden morn or pap, mixed with Jojo dog food for now.
No bones for now.
Your pup is beautiful
Weldone

Thanks ... gave her pap without sugar and she finished the plate.
Had to make another for the night.
Got some canned food too

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by dewhaley: 3:33am On Feb 18, 2019
Nice 1 fam...... My uncle's dog just had 9 Gsd puppies pure breed,
I was given 2....5+ weeks also, I'll be following your thread too to see d development and all and to copy d food you give ur pup Lol....

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by wongpre(m): 6:57am On Feb 18, 2019
And always check in between their toes and fingers and their ears for ticks and flee.
At this stage, they can't scratch it off themselves.
Also, don't bath them just use wet clothe to clean their body.
I'll update as I remember

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 8:02am On Feb 18, 2019
dewhaley:
Nice 1 fam...... My uncle's dog just had 9 Gsd puppies pure breed,
I was given 2....5+ weeks also, I'll be following your thread too to see d development and all and to copy d food you give ur pup Lol....

No qualms... yours look good.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 8:05am On Feb 18, 2019
wongpre:
And always check in between their toes and fingers and their ears for ticks and flee.

Alright boss... would check it
Re: Diary Of My GSD by dewhaley: 9:21am On Feb 18, 2019
uctomide:

No qualms... yours look good.
Thanks.... It's the upbringing that will be the workload, and this is my first time handling a puppy...
Will be expecting updates from you as usual
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Got crushed noodles for Her today and she gulped it very well.
Her feeding today
morning Milk
afternoon Pap
dinner crushed noodles and mashed fish

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
dewhaley:

Thanks.... It's the upbringing that will be the workload, and this is my first time handling a puppy...
Will be expecting updates from you as usual

Just take it a day at a time... before you know it they would be grown.
Re: Diary Of My GSD by Acheron: 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
uctomide:

Just take it a day at a time... before you know it they would be grown.
Bro, I was advised by a vet not to give my female dog noodles. I was told it increases the risk of vagina hyperplasia. For males, it's okay. You can give rice instead.
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
Acheron:

Bro, I was advised by a vet not to give my female dog noodles. I was told it increases the risk of vagina hyperplasia. For males, it's okay. You can give rice instead.

Alright bro... Thanks for the advice
Re: Diary Of My GSD by michealdeco: 2:09am On Feb 19, 2019
Thi isnt a diary

You're only asking for suggestions on how to raise your pups

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
Pardon it's been awhile I posted here ...
it's been 5 days now my gsd has been with me and its a jolly ride considering my love for canine.

She got company 3days ago( A colleague purchased one of same litters) and both has been together ever since.... they both love playing with each other and only make noise when hungry.

they would be getting their shoot this coming week as they clock 6 weeks old.

their feeding includes pap or custard in the morning
canned meal lunch
noodles for dinner ( still working on an alternative)

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Good evening all, Hope your day has been good.
My Pup has been doing really well, though I haven't got time to update her dairy.... would be running through her progress thus far.

Her partner only spent 3 days with her... those 3 days were eventful for them, always playing with each other, didn't have time for me except when it's food time. Her partner really loves eating (her owner still worried on her feeding habits).

After the departure of her partner, She was really calm for a day (probably expecting her partner to come back), guess not seeing her made her have my time. Always at my feet all the time, nibbling on my toes.

Her first shot was administered on Tuesday, Vet commended on her welfare and gave some suggestions on her feeding, like I can continue with the crushed noodles, get cod liver oil for her and also dry feed.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by Emperor119(m): 1:36am On Mar 02, 2019
Good development
Re: Diary Of My GSD by 1000angstroms(m): 5:17am On Mar 02, 2019
wongpre:
Mine is 6 weeks+ though a mutt,( 80% gsd+20% rott), I hesitately bathed mine cos he stinks and had ticks, he is one of the best things in my life. I bought a diamond puppy food 9kg plus k9 replacement milk, some times I flavor the mixture with sardine. I soak the kibbles in water before serving.
I noticed my pup prefer lying on the ground than on the foam.

Re: Diary Of My GSD by Acheron: 8:58am On Mar 02, 2019
1000angstroms:

Mine is 6 weeks+ though a mutt,( 80% gsd+20% rott), I hesitately bathed mine cos he stinks and had ticks, he is one of the best things in my life. I bought a diamond puppy food 9kg plus k9 replacement milk, some times I flavor the mixture with sardine. I soak the kibbles in water before serving.
I noticed my pup prefer lying on the ground than on the foam.
How much did you buy the diamond and k9 replacement milk?
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2019
Emperor119:
Good development
Thanks sir
Re: Diary Of My GSD by 1000angstroms(m): 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2019
Acheron:

How much did you buy the diamond and k9 replacement milk?
The diamond is 13k and the k9 is 3500
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2019
Good morning all.... how's the shaping?
I got to my pup cage this morning to clean it up, on getting there she wasn't too full of life like she often does when I get close to her cage.
I opened the door and she came rushing out as usual and started nibbling my foot ... noticed she lost some weight though likewise she barely touched her dinner but did finish her water.

I also noticed watery poo... please does it require urgent attention

Re: Diary Of My GSD by Jrabbit: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
Puppies usually go through this poop stage where their insides adjust to different diets. If you've been feeding her rice and you suddenly give noodles, it'll show in the poop. Observe her for a day or two, make sure she's hydrated, put glucose in her water so that whatever electrolytes she loses from pooping diarrhea, it doesn't deplete her strength. As long as it's not bloody or smelly she'll be fine.
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2019
smiley
Jrabbit:
Puppies usually go through this poop stage where their insides adjust to different diets. If you've been feeding her rice and you suddenly give noodles, it'll show in the poop. Observe her for a day or two, make sure she's hydrated, put glucose in her water so that whatever electrolytes she loses from pooping diarrhea, it doesn't deplete her strength. As long as it's not bloody or smelly she'll be fine.

Thanks for your reply... it is really comforting.
I actually changed her diet... monitored her all through the day n she's been more active. Would get the glucose today. Got puppy dry food for her.

Once again thanks smiley
Jrabbit:

Thanks for your reply... it is really comforting.
I actually changed her diet... monitored her all through the day n she's been more active. Would get the glucose today. Got puppy dry food for her.

Once again thanks
Re: Diary Of My GSD by Jrabbit: 7:16am On Mar 08, 2019
You are welcome. If you have time to cook chicken and rice is good, hard boiled egg and noodles, sweet potatoes are also good. You'll shred the chicken in the rice without the bones and mix it in. Same with the boiled egg and noodles.
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 4:14am On Apr 09, 2019
Jrabbit:
You are welcome. If you have time to cook chicken and rice is good, hard boiled egg and noodles, sweet potatoes are also good. You'll shred the chicken in the rice without the bones and mix it in. Same with the boiled egg and noodles.

started with the cooked chicken and noodles few days back.... she really loves it.

posting late as I did travel outta town for some weeks.

thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 4:20am On Apr 09, 2019
she's actually 3 months and quite very active... she hardly bark though and very willing to involve in activities.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2019
Happy Sunday all... please pardon me for regularly updating.
Since the last post not quite alot has happened but she has really improved in character and looks.
We moved to a new apartment and she has really been barking if anyone strange touches the gate or she hears an unfamiliar voice.

She's actually 6months, 3weeks old

Some pictures attached

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of My GSD by Warleyy(m): 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nice dog.. Keep it up
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
Warleyy:
Nice dog.. Keep it up
Thanks boss...
At six month old she hardly barked.... peeps were making fun of my pup that she just wags her tail at everybody... I exercised patience with her till we moved to a new location.
After our first night of which she barely slept as she kept on wailing all tru... I woke up early to go check on her, to my surprise she barked and I almost took off; as I didn't expect it.
Since then the security instinct has remained in her, no one dares get close to my gate without her raising alarm.
Thanks to all the boss in the house for their words of encouragement.
She would be 1 by early next year

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My GSD by Endy10(m): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
Please, stop picking up puppies before they are 8 weeks old. Any breeder that releases the pup to you before 8 weeks is terrible.

Would never dream of doing that.
Re: Diary Of My GSD by uctomide(m): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2019
Endy10:
Please, stop picking up puppies before they are 8 weeks old. Any breeder that releases the pup to you before 8 weeks is terrible.

Would never dream of doing that.

noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

My New 3months Old Caucasian Wont Move Anytime I Put A Chain On The Neck / Urgent Help: I Wanna Cross Ma GSD Or ROTT With Wild A Wolf. / Witch And Wizard Caught Making love(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.