Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:53 AM

Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe (13688 Views)

Troops Eliminate Five Boko Haram Infidels, Recover Pass Slip And Other Items / Troops Kill Five Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Kiezodumah(m): 10:00am On Feb 18, 2019
He said " heavily armed militants ...." Have u ever noticed that our soldiers have never been described to be "heavily armed" ??
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Yeeyo: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2019
Rubbish story
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by vegafbs: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2019
YOU MODERATORS ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS WAS PUBLISHED HERE EARLIER YESTERDAY

Cc: Mynd44

5 Terrorists, 4 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Attack On Yobe Community by vegafbs: 5:59pm On Feb 17

http://nextedition.com.ng/2019/02/17/5-terrorists-4-soldiers-killed-boko-haram-attack-yobe-community/

Five Boko Haram members, an officer and three soldiers were killed on Saturday, at Buni Yadi in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe, during encounter between troops and the terrorists.

Col. Sagir Musa, the army spokesman, who confirmed the attack in a statement on Sunday, said the casualties were recorded when the terrorists attacked a military formation in the town.

The Nigerian Army Special Forces School and 27 Task Force Brigade are both located in Buni Yadi.

Musa said five other soldiers were wounded and were receiving treatment in the Brigade Field Ambulance.

According to him, the insurgents were armed with four gun trucks, one Mine Resistant Ambush Protection (MRAP), one MOWAC (heavy fighting equipment) and assorted arms and ammunitions.

He noted that nine AK 47 rifles, one anti-aircraft gun, 121 rounds of 12.7 mm anti-aircraft ammunitions, two 36 hand grenades, 295 rounds of 7.62 mm special ammunition and four Improvised Explosive(IED) Devices, were recovered from the insurgents.

Musa said one IED cylinder, one RPG bomb, one RPG bomb charger, one gun truck and one Bajaj motorcycle were also recovered from the terrorists.

He said the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, commended troops for successes being recorded in recent times in the battle against insurgents in the North East and enjoined them to remain resolute, alert and decisive as well as professional.

Buratai also thanked all those who passed timely and credible information that aided the successful “abortion of the attempted attack on troop’s position in Buni Yadi.”

In another development, Musa said troops deployed to provide security for the rescheduled Presidential/National Assembly elections at Iwaraja Junction along Osun and Ogun axis on Saturday intercepted three hoodlums moving towards Ilesa East Local Government Area, with intent to disrupt smooth conduct of the rescheduled elections in the area.

The army spokesman said the hoodlums would be handed over to the police upon completion of “initial profiling and investigation.”

He said one locally made pistol, one gutless, three rounds of cartridges, three mobile phones, one iPad, one Peace Corps face cap, one Peace Corps ID card and N14,300 were recovered from the suspects.

Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by asawanathegreat(m): 10:10am On Feb 18, 2019
Is just our soldiers am pitiying for
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Pearlman(m): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2019
Our armies need training and re-training.
1 boko shouldn't be equivalent to 1 soja. I expect 50 boko to 1 or 2 sojas!

2 Likes

Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by kingthreatz: 10:12am On Feb 18, 2019
Jman06:
"We have technically defeated boko haram"

Failed government!

Go and defeat boko haram. Bloody coward that will shît in his pants when he hears a gunshot.
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Aeronautic22(m): 10:13am On Feb 18, 2019
May their souls rip

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Jman06(m): 10:15am On Feb 18, 2019
kingthreatz:

Go and defeat boko haram. Bloody coward that will shît in his pants when he hears a gunshot.
You don't know me!

I'm the unknown soldier!!!
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2019
Pearlman:
Our armies need training and re-training.
1 boko shouldn't be equivalent to 1 soja. I expect 50 boko to 1 or 2 sojas!
That has always been my standpoint...is it that the razor blade is not sharp enough or that the barber doesn't know how to use it properly? The same AK 47 that Boko haram and iswap use are also what is being issued to our military men..our military also has more battle equipped vehicles..so how then does insurgents match them and even overpower them in some cases? If you give 10 soldiers an AK 47 rifle with 30 magazine clip and also give 10 iswap terrorists the same ammo, can we say for sure that our soldiers will defeat them? We keep hearing bullets are not enough but is that really the case? How well is their marksmanship? How well is their Intel gathering? How well is their battle formation under fire?
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Offpoint: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2019
Aijaybaby123:
I want a good D to screw my brains out cry cry cry
Your location please... I'll make your daygrin
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Aijaybaby123(f): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2019
Ok
Offpoint:

Your location please... I'll make your daygrin
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Offpoint: 10:37am On Feb 18, 2019
Aijaybaby123:
Ok
I'm waiting.... How do you want it, natural or artificial?
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Offpoint: 10:43am On Feb 18, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

That has always been my standpoint...is it that the razor blade is not sharp enough or that the barber doesn't know how to use it properly? The same AK 47 that Boko haram and iswap use are also what is being issued to our military men..our military also has more battle equipped vehicles..so how then does insurgents match them and even overpower them in some cases? If you give 10 soldiers an AK 47 rifle with 30 magazine clip and also give 10 iswap terrorists the same ammo, can we say for sure that our soldiers will defeat them? We keep hearing bullets are not enough but is that really the case? How well is their marksmanship? How well is their Intel gathering? How well is their battle formation under fire?
Nigerian army dey wasted bullets.... I watched one of their live battle a friend send to me, these guys like 15 of them just gather in one hole shooting sporadically at not up to 3 Boko boys... just shooting, no formation, no coordination, nothing nothing.... I job a sniper could get it done with less than 5 bullets.
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2019
Offpoint:

Nigerian army dey wasted bullets.... I watched one of their live battle a friend send to me, these guys like 15 of them just gather in one hole shooting sporadically at not up to 3 Boko boys... just shooting, no formation, no coordination, nothing nothing.... I job a sniper could get it done with less than 5 bullets.
That's the point!
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Offpoint: 10:47am On Feb 18, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

AkpaMgbor:

Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by jrusky(m): 10:57am On Feb 18, 2019
Pls whoever posted this news here may God bless you. Pls where are the apc who claimed their party are winning boko haram?

Untrained, misguided bastards Islamist killed four soldiers and the Nigeria soldier killed 5 Islamist terrorist pls what a disgrace? In a millitary rationale the army lost woefully and it's an embarrassment to the president who was a rtd General and a total disgrace to millitary hierarchy.

Buhari where is our $1billion arms procurement cash you took from NNPC account?

1 Like

Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by koyeni(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2019
embarassed
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by KPOLOVIE(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2019
5-4 football scores Nigeria
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by SouthSouth1914: 11:04am On Feb 18, 2019
Aijaybaby123:
I want a good D to screw my brains out cry cry cry

You need Jesus in your life.
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by SouthSouth1914: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

The only Nigerian army I know is ECOMOG soldiers! These ones are civilians in army paraphernalia!!
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by kingthreatz: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2019
Jman06:
You don't know me!

I'm the unknown soldier!!!

ok
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by KPOLOVIE(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2019
5 - 4 football scores. Nigeria
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Sammyolis: 11:34am On Feb 18, 2019
Haaaaaaa did boko haram no dey finish ni soldier has killed million of them nw waaaaa o
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2019
Offpoint:

Go and join the Army
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by oganoble(m): 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
At about 1 am Saturday morning 16th feb 2019, I heard sounds of cars moving and people passing outside my gate, at my residence in Polo maiduguri.This never happened. I heard them whispering but could not make out what they were saying. Little did I know that they were evacuating the area because they have been informed by BH that they will attack the area that morning. Later that morning around 5am just as they called for the early morning prayers, people got into the mosques to pray. Then Boko Haram attacked a mosque very close to my house with explosives and sporadic shootings. Many were killed. There after, the boys could not leave because military came. They were hidden by a woman in her house. The military did a clean up around the area and caught them. They killed some who tried to escape and took some to the barracks. These Boko Haram boys are well protected by the indigenous people, and in turn give warnings to some of them when they want to attack.

1 Like

Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by patroticview44: 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
May God save this nation and grant the military the strength to defeat the BHT. cry
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Offpoint: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Go and join the Army
I've tried 3 times you hear... I'm not a chicken hearted.
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Olawalesmarter(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
Offpoint:

I've tried 3 times you hear... I'm not a chicken hearted.

Go and Join Civilian JTF
Re: Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe by Offpoint: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Go and Join Civilian JTF
I get class.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Endorsement For Bello – Kogi APC / LG Polls: Why We Won't Refund Any Money To Aspirants Who Lost In Primaries - APC / Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.