Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This (2069 Views)

Fulanis Ready For War In Our Land, Yorubas Must Fight-Oba Akintunde Of Iseluland / Nigeria Decides 2019: SDP Reacts As INEC Postpones Elections / Yorubas Must Suffer Because They Support Evil ~ Nnamdi Kanu 1st Jan 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by ejimatic: 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
I. Please read the piece below if you are from the south west. Somebody posted it I decided to share because it shows the dynamics of Nigeria politics whether you like it or not . Yoruba is the most stupid set of people in politics? I disagree. completely...Yorubas who condemned Buhari, now thinking to vote in Atiku. are bastards? An Igbo woman recently shared same opinion in public about the need for Igbos to vote Atiku because of their son Obi. Wel, North is on the saver side, either Buhari or Atiku they stil hold political post of number one citizen because it is their rule and make their reign 8years as Obasanjo did. However Buhari has four years while Atiku will have 8years...Who will lose if Atiku wins?The game is now between East and West. Osinbajon is from west (yoruba), and Obi from East (Igbo). The Igbo are supporting Atiku/Obi because they recognise the importance of their son being the vice president. This time around they are posting stupid stories and lies to make Yoruba support their plans. If you vote PDP you have sold your own people and assist the Igbo to have their ways. Yoruba should think twice before they condemn their own. Omo eni kii sedi bebere ka fi ileke sidi omi elomii. Right in front of me now is a book on Hubert Ogunde and I have just read the story around the development of the play and song Yoruba Ronu. I've never seen a people who decide to be self enemies like Yoruba. You may decide not to vote in your own as Yoruba because Igbo are surreptitiously twisting your brains through lies and half truths on the social media but you may regret your action soon. But don't forget the Yoruba adage that says Teni n teni, takisa n taatan. But while Ohaneze is saying openly that they are voting massively for PDP because their son Obi is the running mate, Some Yoruba are unfortunately deriding their own son, Osinbajo, for petty politicking. We need to change this pattern of self indictment and destruction. Some Yoruba worked against Awolowo, Abiola, Bola Ige and other stars among them. Yorubas! Can't we reason? Some people may not share opinion expressed by the writer of this piece especially the Igbos and possibly some Yoruba's too. They may be using past to decide the present.Everybody is entitled to his opinion.However remember this is dynamics of Nigerian politics.Every region is integrated in Nigerian politics.
Yorubas should let Buhari finish his second term now by supporting Osinbajo so that power will shift in 2023 to the south.
Ps: share among Yorubas if you are convinced

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by NATIONALPASTOR: 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
ejimatic:
I. Please read the piece below if you are from the siuth west. It sums up my opinion on the dynamics of Nigeria politics. Yoruba is the most stupid set of people in politics? I disagree....Yorubas who condemned Buhari, now thinking to vote in Atiku. are bastards. Wel, North is on the saver side, either Buhari or Atiku they stil hold political post of number one citizen. However Buhari has four years while Atiku will have 8years...Who will lose?The game is now between East and West. Osinbajon is from west (yoruba), and Obi from East (Igbo). The Igbo are supporting Atiku/Obi because they recognise the importance of their son being the vice president. Go to all ministries you'll discover that the number of Igbo workers outnumbered all other ethnic groups in the nation. How are they doing it? They have always been in government since 1960 as vice presidents and so on. Each time this happens they fill the ministries with their people whether these people qualify or not. This time around they are posting stupid stories and lies to make Yoruba support their plans. If you vote PDP you have sold your own people and assist the Igbo to have their ways. If you are in doubt about the Igbo attitude check the period Azikwe was the ceremonial president of Nigeria, he made sure that all vice chancellors of Nigerian universities are Igbo. Gradually, almost all junior and senior posts were filled by Igbo. If you still go to university of Ibadan you would still find the traces of this atrocity there. Yoruba should think twice before they condemn their own. Omo eni kii sedi bebere ka fi ileke sidi omi elomii. Right in front of me now is a book on Hubert Ogunde and I have just read the story around the development of the play and song Yoruba Ronu. I've never seen a people who decide to be self enemies like Yoruba. You may decide not to vote in your own as Yoruba because Igbo are surreptitiously twisting your brains through lies and half truths on the social media but you may regret your action soon. But don't forget the Yoruba adage that says Teni n teni, takisa n taatan. But while Ohaneze is saying openly that they are voting massively for PDP because their son Obi is the running mate, Yoruba are unfortunately deriding their own son, Osinbajo, for petty politicking. We need to change this pattern of self indictment and destruction. Yoruba worked against Awolowo, Abiola, Bola Ige and other stars among them. I dont understant the problem of yorubas, Can't we reason?
Yorubas should let Buhari finish his second term now by suporting Osinbajo so that power will shift in 2023 to the south.

Hen will foolish people like you stop posting this kind of stupid, foolish and senseless write-ups?

Igbos rejected Buhari even when he used Okada Igbo as his VP.

You don't know Igbos.

Igbos are very wise people unlike You people who follow one man that have enslaved your generation.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Ojoji(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Don't bring your yeye Yoruba stuff here. How many people your Osibanjo even knows in Ogun except his families and now considering Ondo or Osun? No one supported Buhari based on Osibanjo in 2015, majority of people did so because of PDP government failed like Buhari government. This is not the first time Buhari had been running with southern running mate. Why you did not shout Yoruba then when he picked Tunde Bakare as running mate? Was Tunde not good enough then? Country is seeking alternative way and you're here mentioning tribe. Is being a Yoruba wants to solve your problems? You know better than this please.

13 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
[s]
ejimatic:
I. Please read the piece below if you are from the siuth west. It sums up my opinion on the dynamics of Nigeria politics. Yoruba is the most stupid set of people in politics? I disagree....Yorubas who condemned Buhari, now thinking to vote in Atiku. are bastards. Wel, North is on the saver side, either Buhari or Atiku they stil hold political post of number one citizen. However Buhari has four years while Atiku will have 8years...Who will lose?The game is now between East and West. Osinbajon is from west (yoruba), and Obi from East (Igbo). The Igbo are supporting Atiku/Obi because they recognise the importance of their son being the vice president. Go to all ministries you'll discover that the number of Igbo workers outnumbered all other ethnic groups in the nation. How are they doing it? They have always been in government since 1960 as vice presidents and so on. Each time this happens they fill the ministries with their people whether these people qualify or not. This time around they are posting stupid stories and lies to make Yoruba support their plans. If you vote PDP you have sold your own people and assist the Igbo to have their ways. If you are in doubt about the Igbo attitude check the period Azikwe was the ceremonial president of Nigeria, he made sure that all vice chancellors of Nigerian universities are Igbo. Gradually, almost all junior and senior posts were filled by Igbo. If you still go to university of Ibadan you would still find the traces of this atrocity there. Yoruba should think twice before they condemn their own. Omo eni kii sedi bebere ka fi ileke sidi omi elomii. Right in front of me now is a book on Hubert Ogunde and I have just read the story around the development of the play and song Yoruba Ronu. I've never seen a people who decide to be self enemies like Yoruba. You may decide not to vote in your own as Yoruba because Igbo are surreptitiously twisting your brains through lies and half truths on the social media but you may regret your action soon. But don't forget the Yoruba adage that says Teni n teni, takisa n taatan. But while Ohaneze is saying openly that they are voting massively for PDP because their son Obi is the running mate, Yoruba are unfortunately deriding their own son, Osinbajo, for petty politicking. We need to change this pattern of self indictment and destruction. Yoruba worked against Awolowo, Abiola, Bola Ige and other stars among them. I dont understant the problem of yorubas, Can't we reason?
Yorubas should let Buhari finish his second term now by suporting Osinbajo so that power will shift in 2023 to the south.

[/s]

90% of Igbo people will vote ATIKU in the next election.

It is not because he picked Peter Obi. In 2003 BUHARI picked Chuba Okadigbo and the Igbos voted OBASANJO.
They are business oriented people, they know bad market when they see one. Dear Hausa /Fulani. In 2007 BUHARI picked Edwin Ume-Ezeoke, yet the Igbos voted Yaradua!.
BUHARI can not manage the economy, as you have seen it. Experience they say is the best teacher. Igbos hate poverty and have never made mistakes in their choice of President in Nigerian History.
Even after the civil war, Igbos rebuilt themselves with nothing to the envy of other Nigerians. Igbos do not hate Buhari, but they hate the POVERTY associated with Buhari and his Government.
I believe that anyone can do better than Buhari and his APC cabals. Let's vote for Atiku-Obi, I know they will surely do better for Nigeria. Postponement of election will never save APC from defeat.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by limeta(f): 12:16am On Feb 18, 2019
Go to all ministries you'll discover that the number of Igbo workers outnumbered all other ethnic groups in the nation. 

This lie alone put me off

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by limeta(f): 12:23am On Feb 18, 2019
If the south east.south South.middle belt do not vote for yr osibanjo can he still win
Anyway till that time .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by sogodihno: 1:28am On Feb 18, 2019
NATIONALPASTOR:

Hen will foolish people like you stop posting this kind of stupid, foolish and senseless write-ups?

Igbos rejected Buhari even when he used Okada Igbo as his VP.

You don't know Igbos.

Igbos are very wise people unlike You people who follow one man that have enslaved your generation.

u mean being wise as u are licking Atiku yansh now or by following ur dilector, no lefelendum no erection. SMH!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by sogodihno: 1:31am On Feb 18, 2019
post=75839172:

90% of Igbo people will vote ATIKU in the next election.

It is not because he picked Peter Obi. In 2003 BUHARI picked Chuba Okadigbo and the Igbos voted OBASANJO.
They are business oriented people, they know bad market when they see one. Dear Hausa /Fulani. In 2007 BUHARI picked Edwin Ume-Ezeoke, yet the Igbos voted Yaradua!.
BUHARI can not manage the economy, as you have seen it. Experience they say is the best teacher. Igbos hate poverty and have never made mistakes in their choice of President in Nigerian History.
Even after the civil war, Igbos rebuilt themselves with nothing to the envy of other Nigerians. Igbos do not hate Buhari, but they hate the POVERTY associated with Buhari and his Government.
I believe that anyone can do better than Buhari and his APC cabals. Let's vote for Atiku-Obi, I know they will surely do better for Nigeria. Postponement of election will never save APC from defeat.

So, PDP is a good market, stealing is not corruption party, the party that looted the money meant for it own sectariat, bomblast here and there, Atiku will lose woefully on Saturday. U can follow him to Cameroon to console him.

Useless thieves and lover of corruption.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by OLisaMacaulay(m): 1:37am On Feb 18, 2019
See how you the kill your career,people like you will end up in poverty with this your fish brain.
Keep opening your dirty mouth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Luvlyna(f): 3:31am On Feb 18, 2019
Jesus Christ! What a writeup filled with the heights of tribalism.
Needless to say that Nigerian at this point has gone past this. People are hungry. Anybody that doesn't perform within his first tenure, should be ready for a kick out, so that someone else can try.
The nation needs to move forward, thats the stage we are in now.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by CharleyBright(m): 3:52am On Feb 18, 2019
Op you are an illiterate fool to post this hateful and bigoted crap.
95% of content of your post is fabricated lies.

Firstly, you said Ibos are dominant in federal ministries. This is a shameful lie. Rather, the civil service is dominated by the Yorubas and Hausas.

Secondly, you shamelessly mentioned that the Ibos have always been enjoying the position of VP.
Either u are too beclouded with your bigotry to fail to see the irony of your statement or you are too young to know or understand Nigerian political history. Just to remind u, the Ibos hv only been opportuned to enjoy the slot of VP under Shehu Shagari.
while the Yorubas and Hausa/ Fulanis hv been taking turns to be Presidents, the ibos have been relegated to position of 2nd class citizens as they are made to beg for position of VP. And even then, you and many bigots like you say they shouldnt be given the VP slot.
Thirdly, am miffed and embarrassed that your call for Buhari to be supported by the yorubas is purely because Osibanjo will be VP, and not because Buhari deserves a 2nd term. So voting is now tribal patronage and not credibility of the candidates?
Fourthly, The Ibos Voted for Obasanjo a yoruba man and refused to vote for Buhari even when he took an Ibo man for VP. An Ibo man can vote for a yoruba man, but i doubt if a yoruba man can vote for
an Ibo man in election.
Am not Ibo so i don't speak for them, but i thnk the hatred between Ibos and yorubas is caused more by the yorubas hatred for ibos ( and your post is one evidence).

And by the way, assuming Buhari finishes 8yrs and Osibanjo decides to contest, what makes you think the North will support the yorubas in their bid?
You are a dreamer!!

Mark my words, come 2023, the North will abandon the Yeye APC party for the yorubas and they'd all jump into PDP that will have Northern candidate or form another party with Northern interest.
The North only cares for the North. They only cajole u to help fulfill their ambitions then abandon u.

All these bigotry posts wont do the country any good.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by helinues: 4:57am On Feb 18, 2019
undecided

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by EasternActivist: 5:04am On Feb 18, 2019
Buhari claimed he is fighting corruption and Nigerians became hungry overnight.

Allow Atiku to come and fight poverty

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by NkayStory(f): 5:13am On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:

You lots apoear to be in some kind of bondage of some sort..What does Igbos have to do with your lives?You had to resort to lies and false-hood to propagate your cretinious thoughts..

Unlike most of you who cant think or make sound judgements without being to told to do so..Igbos have always rejected Buhari ..

Your assertions that Igbos dominate civil service is completely false....It is actually a pyschiatrist case to hinge your decisiions in life solely on Igbo likes and interests....Pathetic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Modphase: 6:14am On Feb 18, 2019
But this didn’t stop the cursed Nnadi Azikwe from being the biggest irredeemable bigot Nigeria ever produced yet the fool was singing pan Africanism everywhere.

The fact remain Igbo are the greatest bigots in the history of mankind, they foolish one among you claim Osinbajo is a fake pastor yet it was Obi that was dividing Catholics n others but will senseless Biafran talk about it nope. FeBuhari is here already, we will see weda your bigoted wailing will win the vote down here or not.

[s]
limeta:
Go to all ministries you'll discover that the number of Igbo workers outnumbered all other ethnic groups in the nation. 

This lie alone put me off

Ojoji:
Don't bring your yeye Yoruba stuff here. How many people your Osibanjo even knows in Ogun except his families and now considering Ondo or Osun? No one supported Buhari based on Osibanjo in 2015, majority of people did so because of PDP government failed like Buhari government. This is not the first time Buhari had been running with southern running mate. Why you did not shout Yoruba then when he picked Tunde Bakare as running mate? Was Tunde not good enough then? Country is seeking alternative way and you're here mentioning tribe. Is being a Yoruba wants to solve your problems? You know better than this please.
Luvlyna:
Jesus Christ! What a writeup filled with the heights of tribalism.
Needless to say that Nigerian at this point has gone past this. People are hungry. Anybody that doesn't perform within his first tenure, should be ready for a kick out, so that someone else can try.
The nation needs to move forward, thats the stage we are in now.
CharleyBright:
Op you are an illiterate fool to post this hateful and bigoted crap.
95% of content of your post is fabricated lies.

Firstly, you said Ibos are dominant in federal ministries. This is a shameful lie. Rather, the civil service is dominated by the Yorubas and Hausas.

Secondly, you shamelessly mentioned that the Ibos have always been enjoying the position of VP.
Either u are too beclouded with your bigotry to fail to see the irony of your statement or you are too young to know or understand Nigerian political history. Just to remind u, the Ibos hv only been opportuned to enjoy the slot of VP under Shehu Shagari.
while the Yorubas and Hausa/ Fulanis hv been taking turns to be Presidents, the ibos have been relegated to position of 2nd class citizens as they are made to beg for position of VP. And even then, you and many bigots like you say they shouldnt be given the VP slot.
Thirdly, am miffed and embarrassed that your call for Buhari to be supported by the yorubas is purely because Osibanjo will be VP, and not because Buhari deserves a 2nd term. So voting is now tribal patronage and not credibility of the candidates?
Fourthly, The Ibos Voted for Obasanjo a yoruba man and refused to vote for Buhari even when he took an Ibo man for VP. An Ibo man can vote for a yoruba man, but i doubt if a yoruba man can vote for
an Ibo man in election.
Am not Ibo so i don't speak for them, but i thnk the hatred between Ibos and yorubas is caused more by the yorubas hatred for ibos ( and your post is one evidence).

And by the way, assuming Buhari finishes 8yrs and Osibanjo decides to contest, what makes you think the North will support the yorubas in their bid?
You are a dreamer!!

Mark my words, come 2023, the North will abandon the Yeye APC party for the yorubas and they'd all jump into PDP that will have Northern candidate or form another party with Northern interest.
The North only cares for the North. They only cajole u to help fulfill their ambitions then abandon u.

All these bigotry posts wont do the country any good.
NkayStory:

You lots apoear to be in some kind of bondage of some sort..What does Igbos have to do with your lives?You had to resort to lies and false-hood to propagate your cretinious thoughts..

Unlike most of you who cant think or make sound judgements without being to told to do so..Igbos have always rejected Buhari ..

Your assertions that Igbos dominate civil service is completely false....It is actually a pyschiatrist case to hinge your decisiions in life solely on Igbo likes and interests....Pathetic
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Turantula(m): 6:34am On Feb 18, 2019
Thread for Yoruba muslims

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by dedollarman(m): 6:38am On Feb 18, 2019
All Nigerian's are suffering under this ur osibanjo
Government
Under 4 years of ur osibanjo
Fuel that we all are enjoying from 97 naira to 87 naira is now 145 naira

Dollar from 190 to 365

Rice from 8000 to 18,000

Car Golf wagon 600 000 to 1 ,300,000

Etc
The government has no direction or even any economic blue print because majority of the
Ministers are politician

Government full with lies and propaganda
And u still want us CONTINUE BECAUSE OF OSIBANJO MY BROTHER
What guarantee do u have that after all this sacrifice buhari will hand over power to him

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by osscarr(m): 6:56am On Feb 18, 2019
my brother u re very stipid for this analysis

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Papacypaul(m): 7:03am On Feb 18, 2019
I am yoruba, how has Osinbajo Vice presidency benefitted our people? The guy is a believer of restructuring before now but all is spew out now is restructuring is not the problem.
I will never support any Yoruba that will not think Yoruba first as long as this Fraudgeria exist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Samunique(m): 7:14am On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:
I. Please read the piece below if you are from the south west. Somebody posted it I decided to share because it shows the dynamics of Nigeria politics whether you like it or not . Yoruba is the most stupid set of people in politics? I disagree. completely...Yorubas who condemned Buhari, now thinking to vote in Atiku. are bastards? An Igbo woman recently shared same opinion in public about the need for Igbos to vote Atiku because of their son Obi. Wel, North is on the saver side, either Buhari or Atiku they stil hold political post of number one citizen. However Buhari has four years while Atiku will have 8years...Who will lose?The game is now between East and West. Osinbajon is from west (yoruba), and Obi from East (Igbo). The Igbo are supporting Atiku/Obi because they recognise the importance of their son being the vice president. Go to all ministries you'll discover that the number of Igbo workers outnumbered all other ethnic groups in the nation. How are they doing it? They have always been in government since 1960 as vice presidents and so on. Each time this happens they fill the ministries with their people whether these people qualify or not. This time around they are posting stupid stories and lies to make Yoruba support their plans. If you vote PDP you have sold your own people and assist the Igbo to have their ways. If you are in doubt about the Igbo attitude check the period Azikwe was the ceremonial president of Nigeria, he made sure that all vice chancellors of Nigerian universities are Igbo. Gradually, almost all junior and senior posts were filled by Igbo. If you still go to university of Ibadan you would still find the traces of this atrocity there. Yoruba should think twice before they condemn their own. Omo eni kii sedi bebere ka fi ileke sidi omi elomii. Right in front of me now is a book on Hubert Ogunde and I have just read the story around the development of the play and song Yoruba Ronu. I've never seen a people who decide to be self enemies like Yoruba. You may decide not to vote in your own as Yoruba because Igbo are surreptitiously twisting your brains through lies and half truths on the social media but you may regret your action soon. But don't forget the Yoruba adage that says Teni n teni, takisa n taatan. But while Ohaneze is saying openly that they are voting massively for PDP because their son Obi is the running mate, Some Yoruba are unfortunately deriding their own son, Osinbajo, for petty politicking. We need to change this pattern of self indictment and destruction. Yoruba worked against Awolowo, Abiola, Bola Ige and other stars among them. Yorubas! Can't we reason? Some people may not share opinion expressed by the writer of this piece especially the Igbos .They may be using past to decide the present.Remember this is dynamics of Nigerian politics.Every region is integrated in Nigerian politics.
Yorubas should let Buhari finish his second term now by supporting Osinbajo so that power will shift in 2023 to the south.
Bro I'm Yoruba, but you can and should know better !!!

This is not about Yoruba or Igbo but about rescuing Nigeria from this failed, and sick, tribalistic, divisive, incompetent, tyrannical govt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by DMerciful(m): 9:24am On Feb 18, 2019
APC minions have failed especially seeing the momentum of Atiku resorted to tribal politics since corruption allegations refused to stick!
The option for all Nigerians is to rescue Nigeria from poverty! We cannot and should not be the headquarter of poverty ! It's an aberration! Such title should be reserved for countries who have been fighting civil war since forever like Yemen!

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2019
By this write up, the op is trying to allude that Yorubas are stupid and would swallow his lies, hook, line, sinker. I am not Yoruba. But i know the Yorubas can be many things but not stupid. Op, how can you contemplate that the Yoruba's, famed to be well educated, will abandon logical reasoning acquired Through education for lowly illogical tribalism. Op, how do you allude, that an ordinary Yoruba, well educated in Nigerian history, will forget everything he knows about history to fall for your lies. How do you convince such a one, that he did not see or read, that in this Nigeria, when the Igbos voted overwhelming for Obasanjo against Buhari with an Igbo vice candidate. You are trying to call Yorubas stupid, but you dont know it

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by ejimatic: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:
I. Please read the piece below if you are from the south west. Somebody posted it I decided to share because it shows the dynamics of Nigeria politics whether you like it or not . Yoruba is the most stupid set of people in politics? I disagree. completely...Yorubas who condemned Buhari, now thinking to vote in Atiku. are bastards? An Igbo woman recently shared same opinion in public about the need for Igbos to vote Atiku because of their son Obi. Wel, North is on the saver side, either Buhari or Atiku they stil hold political post of number one citizen because it is their rule and make their reign 8years as Obasanjo did. However Buhari has four years while Atiku will have 8years...Who will lose if Atiku wins?The game is now between East and West. Osinbajon is from west (yoruba), and Obi from East (Igbo). The Igbo are supporting Atiku/Obi because they recognise the importance of their son being the vice president. This time around they are posting stupid stories and lies to make Yoruba support their plans. If you vote PDP you have sold your own people and assist the Igbo to have their ways. Yoruba should think twice before they condemn their own. Omo eni kii sedi bebere ka fi ileke sidi omi elomii. Right in front of me now is a book on Hubert Ogunde and I have just read the story around the development of the play and song Yoruba Ronu. I've never seen a people who decide to be self enemies like Yoruba. You may decide not to vote in your own as Yoruba because Igbo are surreptitiously twisting your brains through lies and half truths on the social media but you may regret your action soon. But don't forget the Yoruba adage that says Teni n teni, takisa n taatan. But while Ohaneze is saying openly that they are voting massively for PDP because their son Obi is the running mate, Some Yoruba are unfortunately deriding their own son, Osinbajo, for petty politicking. We need to change this pattern of self indictment and destruction. Some Yoruba worked against Awolowo, Abiola, Bola Ige and other stars among them. Yorubas! Can't we reason? Some people may not share opinion expressed by the writer of this piece especially the Igbos and possibly some Yoruba's too. They may be using past to decide the present.Everybody is entitled to his opinion.However remember this is dynamics of Nigerian politics.Every region is integrated in Nigerian politics.
. I have had a lot of reactions to what I posted about the need for south west to join hands together to vote APC.Some ignorant some cynical Some myopic some aberrant and some from furious. and frustrated online political gangsters and hooligans who are educated fools and illiterates who lack mannerism in the way the respond to matters online. I have earlier decided to reserve my comment on the copied write up till after the presidential election.However I deem it fit to make some clarifications. with high sense of constructivism.First the write up is not an attack on any tribe but to awaken the south west to the need to harness their efforts together. Anybody can do so if you think is necessary without apology to anybody..You are entitled to your opinion anytime..Second If south west is working together to ensure their son is VP whose business is that? Hausa's Igbo's and Yourubas can decide on what they want.That is politics. Youruba may want presidency in 2023 Igbo's may not need it.Whose business is that? Since 1999 Yoruba ruled for 8 years of two terms Hausa will have their second term now from 2019 to 2023 .Igbos may not want it .It is their choice .whose business? The essence of the write up is for Yourubas to work together in the interest of the southwest and for the future. Every other region can decide what they want.Nigeria has more than 450 tribes but with different interests. Yorubas should work together for the interest of the region and unity of the country. Finally I advise political gangsters online to respond to write up with maturity not abusing people for it will never make or mar the reelection of PBM on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by akinyeleaa: 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
ejimatic:
First, it was very stupid of you to have attacked a whole tribe or anyone at all for the choices they choose to make politically.
And for anyone to keep reasoning the way you are concerning politics in Nigeria is very dumb concerning the prevailing realities in the country. Lemme first point out that I'm Yoruba and from Ogun State too but I won't support Osinbajo for VP just because he is from my state. I would never reinforce failure even if it was a family member.
You would have done better to tell us why they deserve a second term by listing achievements and successes recorded and not deriding a whole tribe.
Lemme also make it clear that maybe not all but majority of Igbos would never support Buhari not because of VP or whatever but because they just do not believe in him, trust me, they are justified. For any dumb person to say they are supporting Atiku because of Obi is most stupid. Maybe a few do but majority just don't believe in Buhari. Igbos supported Yaradua against Buhari in 2007 despite Buhari having an Igbo VP.
And for bleeps sake, this is democracy, you can't expect us all to support the same candidate. My parents supported Buhari and still do while I supported him but no longer do so just because I feel he has failed and I can't reinforce failure. They made their choice, so did I?
Another thing I would like to note is for me, the post of VP is almost useless and I'll tell you why, it is just a figurehead. Perhaps the most functional VP since 1999 is Osinbajo and that's because Buhari wanted it so. Gej was almost useless as VP and so was sambo. OBJ fell out with Atiku and almost made him useless too, so for anyone to support a party just cos of our son is VP is dumb. Besides what did Osinbajo do for Ogun sef.
Lastly, all this Igbo Yoruba rivalry is not good for us, the Yorubas seem to be cynical about Igbos and vice versa and it will keep breeding hatred, I'm not ready to dabble into who's more tribalist as we all have our fair share of it from zik to awo and many more

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Kagawa10: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nigeria situation could be likened to a market woman who sells 20 number of corns at a rate of 110 naira per each daily. Years later, the market leaders eventually reduced and controlled the price at 50 naira. The market woman is still expected to sell same 20 number of corns but nothing higher than this. Tell me if the woman's income would increase or decrease? However, if the woman had saved enough when the corn was still priced at 110 naira, she wouldn't be affected by the fall in sales price, pending the time sale price would increase once again.

That's the situation of Nigeria today. When crude oil which is our main source of foreign revenue was selling at $110 per barrel for more than 5 years under Jonathan, Jonathan didn't save but looted us dry instead. We're suffering from this effect today now that crude oil has been selling at a poverty rate of $50 per barrel for the past 4 years under Buhari yet Buhari administration has had so many projects undertaken by him despite earning 60% less.

If only people knew what other oil countries such as Angola and Venezuela are passing through during this global crude oil price recess, they would thank God Buhari came in rather than Jonathan who looted us dry despite oil boom when crude oil was selling at $110 per barrel for five years unlike the paltry $50 it has been selling under APC. If the looting Jonathan couldn't save during the time of plenty and was already borrowing, how would he have carried on during this crude oil price recess?

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

Our railways at itakpewarri, Lagos-ibadan, Lagos-Abeokuta, kaduna-abuja etc,

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Kaduna inland dry port,

Port Harcourt airline terminal,

Abuja airline terminal,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from $26b to $43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

Payment of all pensions of airline staffs that were forced to retire after the shambolic privatisation by Atiku. PDP didn't pay them in the last 16 years.

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari. Note that there's been a global fall in the price of crude oil from $110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry $50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan looted and failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by 2special(m): 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
hmmmm
4+4=2023
Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by ejimatic: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
akinyeleaa:

First, it was very stupid of you to have attacked a whole tribe or anyone at all for the choices they choose to make politically.
And for anyone to keep reasoning the way you are concerning politics in Nigeria is very dumb concerning the prevailing realities in the country. Lemme first point out that I'm Yoruba and from Ogun State too but I won't support Osinbajo for VP just because he is from my state. I would never reinforce failure even if it was a family member.
You would have done better to tell us why they deserve a second term by listing achievements and successes recorded and not deriding a whole tribe.
Lemme also make it clear that maybe not all but majority of Igbos would never support Buhari not because of VP or whatever but because they just do not believe in him, trust me, they are justified. For any dumb person to say they are supporting Atiku because of Obi is most stupid. Maybe a few do but majority just don't believe in Buhari. Igbos supported Yaradua against Buhari in 2007 despite Buhari having an Igbo VP.
And for bleeps sake, this is democracy, you can't expect us all to support the same candidate. My parents supported Buhari and still do while I supported him but no longer do so just because I feel he has failed and I can't reinforce failure. They made their choice, so did I?
Another thing I would like to note is for me, the post of VP is almost useless and I'll tell you why, it is just a figurehead. Perhaps the most functional VP since 1999 is Osinbajo and that's because Buhari wanted it so. Gej was almost useless as VP and so was sambo. OBJ fell out with Atiku and almost made him useless too, so for anyone to support a party just cos of our son is VP is dumb. Besides what did Osinbajo do for Ogun sef.
Lastly, all this Igbo Yoruba rivalry is not good for us, the Yorubas seem to be cynical about Igbos and vice versa and it will keep breeding hatred, I'm not ready to dabble into who's more tribalist as we all have our fair share of it from zik to awo and many more
I have had a lot of reactions to what I posted about the need for south west to join hands together to vote APC.Some ignorant some cynical Some myopic some aberrant and some from furious. and frustrated online political gangsters and hooligans who are educated fools and illiterates who lack mannerism in the way the respond to matters online. I have earlier decided to reserve my comment on the copied write up till after the presidential election.However I deem it fit to make some clarifications. with high sense of constructivism.First the write up is not an attack on any tribe but to awaken the south west to the need to harness their efforts together. Anybody can do so if you think is necessary without apology to anybody..You are entitled to your opinion anytime..Second If south west is working together to ensure their son is VP whose business is that? Hausa's Igbo's and Yourubas can decide on what they want.That is politics. Youruba may want presidency in 2023 Igbo's may not need it.Whose business is that? Since 1999 Yoruba ruled for 8 years of two terms Hausa will have their second term now from 2019 to 2023 .Igbos may not want it .It is their choice .whose business? The essence of the write up is for Yourubas to work together in the interest of the southwest and for the future. Every other region can decide what they want.Nigeria has more than 450 tribes but with different interests. Yorubas should work together for the interest of the region and unity of the country. Finally I advise political gangsters online to respond to write up with maturity not abusing people for it will never make or mar the reelection of PBM on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by MyParadise(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2019
We have all forgotten about herdmen killing
We have all forgotten about recklessness of this government
We have all forgotten about the pains we are feeling
All these aren't counting again....
Even when everyone is against my opinion I have felt much pains in this buhari government.
I am voting for atiku whether he wins or not.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by Iamgrey5(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2019
akinyeleaa:

Please stop preaching this civil nonsense and see how the ibo people have insulted your tribe for the past four years just because we voted for APC as against their choice of PDP.

They even took turns to insult the northern Nigeria people until recently when they realized that it might be counter productive.

I am not a tribalist, but I guess there's a certain degree of insult one can take .

Personally, I don't mind voting for an ibo candidate over my own brother if the ibo candidate is miles ahead of my brother.

Nonetheless, I won't vote for PDP because their style of government is not miles ahead of the APC style of government.

In addition, I think the APC has benefited my people more than the PDP in many aspects. i.e infrastructural facilities abandoned for years under the government of the PDP are now being given due attention.

Need I go on.

PS: I know my tribe's support might not be enough to reelect the president, but I will rather give him my votes based on the aforementioned premise.
Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by deewhaaat(m): 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
No be only Yoruba dey for Nigeria. My friend, many tribe dey.����

1 Like

Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by ejimatic: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
akinyeleaa:

. I have had a lot of reactions to what I posted about the need for south west to join hands together to vote APC.Some ignorant some cynical Some myopic some aberrant and some from furious. and frustrated online political gangsters and hooligans who are educated fools and illiterates who lack mannerism in the way the respond to matters online. I have earlier decided to reserve my comment on the copied write up till after the presidential election.However I deem it fit to make some clarifications. with high sense of constructivism.First the write up is not an attack on any tribe but to awaken the south west to the need to harness their efforts together. Anybody can do so if you think is necessary without apology to anybody..You are entitled to your opinion anytime..Second If south west is working together to ensure their son is VP whose business is that? Hausa's Igbo's and Yourubas can decide on what they want.That is politics. Youruba may want presidency in 2023 Igbo's may not need it.Whose business is that? Since 1999 Yoruba ruled for 8 years of two terms Hausa will have their second term now from 2019 to 2023 .Igbos may not want it .It is their choice .whose business? The essence of the write up is for Yourubas to work together in the interest of the southwest and for the future. Every other region can decide what they want.Nigeria has more than 450 tribes but with different interests. Yorubas should work together for the interest of the region and unity of the country. Finally I advise political gangsters online to respond to write up with maturity not abusing people for it will never make or mar the reelection of PBM on Saturday.
Re: 2019 Nigeria Decides: Yorubas Must Read This by ejimatic: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
NkayStory:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Photos That Captured The Real State Of Rare Nigerian State And City / Foul Smell Around Rivers State Secretariat (pictures) / Exclusion Of South-east From Fg's $22.7 Bn Loan May Push Igbo Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.