Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Having A CS Is Not Evil - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having A CS Is Not Evil (1509 Views)

Marathon Sex: The Evil Of 'Harder! Harder' / How Much Is CS Delivery Cost / 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A CS Is Not Evil by Amhappy(f): 11:21am On Feb 18, 2019
I am sure this topic has been overflogged on this forum but yet when i see expectant mothers die over refusal to have CS i wonder if the awereness is really enough. A church member and a family friend died yesterday evening because she and her husband refused to have a CS. She was booked to be sectioned in late Jan as a result of high Bp and baby position but she never showed up. We got a call on two Sunday's ago that we should pray for her that she is in labour but had no idea of what was really going on. To add salt to injury,this is the first time she carried to term after having two pregnancies that ended in miscarriages.
They abandoned the health center and visited a traditional maternity home to reposition the baby but moved back to the hospital 16days later after things turned bad. Finally her baby has died in the womb for about 4 days and she also gave up in the bid to save her life. Doctor said they would have gone ahead with the procedure even if the couple had no money. Their charge is only 20k for the procedure as it is heavily subsidized and in addition their HMO has offered to pay 14k,so only 6k was needed to offset hospital bill. Now hospital bill is over 200k and HMO has pulled out. What a tragedy. cry cry cry

I defined CS as a life saving technique to save pregnant mothers and their babies in a complicated situation. A supernatural child birth is one that both the mother and baby came out alive. Parents please teach that to your children when they are about to get married. As a young couple seek advice from experienced elders and help when in need. Do dont swallow phlegm(ukwara in Igbo) because of useless shame.

And finally,everthing is not prayer. Back up your faith with real life actions. There's nothing wrong with paying a doctor for his services. Money paid to doctors is not a waste as many people proclaim. God has placed them,school trained them, experience taught them to offer life saving services.

1 Like

Re: Having A CS Is Not Evil by catwalq(f): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2019
I'm sorry to say but I don't pity these kinda people. Along with those that refuse blood transfusion and or any kind of medical attention in the name of religion.

Its worthy of note that truly a decision might be ours to make,but the impact is always on others. I only pity the people who are left to deal with the aftermath of such choices.

1 Like

Re: Having A CS Is Not Evil by Chumani(f): 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
@Op, to buttress your point see this;

It breaks my heart each time I see little children who are brought to our neurology clinic here in UBTH because of speech difficulties, mental retardation, drooling of saliva, epilepsy and all other forms of seizures they are suffering because their parents, mothers especially, insisted on vaginal delivery when it was obvious it would not happen.

Every mother wants to put to bed like the legendary 'Hebrew women', but let me tell you, there's no shame in putting to bed via caesarean delivery (commonly called CS or operation).

As a matter of fact, there are women - some of who could even be reading this post - who as it stands right now, even though they are not yet married, will never be delivered of any baby vaginally. It must be CS! Many have contracted pelvis (pelvis with smaller than expected diameters) or inadequate pelvis.

Beyond this, for fear of CS, some of you enroll in maternity homes with little or no knowledge of active management of labour (so you can save money) and then end up having a child who will be an OLODO for life due to prolonged labour and its sequelae.

The child I clerked yesterday was so bad that he was in KG 1 even though he was 8 YEARS OLD. Yet he kept coming last in his class in the same KG 1. He'd been having seizures since birth.

The mother laboured for 3 days! Three frigging days! She didn't want CS because she's a 'Hebrew woman' and then following obstructed labour, baby had 3+ caput (swelling of the scalp) and extensive moulding of 3+ (inseparable overlap of the skull bones). The boy's head was so small that his occipitofrontal circumference (head size) was 43cm (as against 54-58cm). This means that his head size at 8 years was that of a 5- to 6-month-old child.

Biko the brain stops developing when a child becomes 7 years old. That's when it attains adult size!

This boy didn't even cry after birth, later developed what doctors call hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy (HIE), a severe complication because the brain was starved of enough oxygen and blood as the head squeezed through the vagina during the prolonged labour.

The mother totally DAMAGED her son during labour and now the young man is paying for a sin he did not commit. He keeps drooling saliva and with the epilepsy, he will be on medications for life.

And he may never be a normal child.

Pls don't tell me that CS is costly, I know. But now ask yourself, if you were this boy's mother and had the opportunity to do it all over again, what would you do?

Damage your son for life because of cost or pay the money and have a normal child who could be the next Albert Einstein or president of Nigeria?

As a mother, you may never forgive yourself.

I'm really mad. Ezigbote iwe na ewem! � �

~ Caséy Amaefule©

Copied

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having A CS Is Not Evil by Amhappy(f): 9:05am On Feb 20, 2019
Awareness is very much needed. Ignorance is dangerous.
Re: Having A CS Is Not Evil by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
Lalasticlala front-page.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Him He Smells / How To Make Your Baby Sleep Better: Mine Sleeps For Around 10 Hours A Night!!! / Permanent Cure For Weak Erection,low Sperm Count,stds,pid,hpv, Etc...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.