Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,119 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! (342 Views)

Yahoo Boys Storm Celestial Church, Spray Cash On Spiritualist (Video) / Is it Right To Buy Candles, Bintu, St Michaels Perfume For Prayer As Christian? / If Women Spray Perfume, They Might Be Raped!!!---muslim On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! by amyblessed(f): 11:23am On Feb 18, 2019
Away from the election brouhaha and back to Daddy's business.
Sometime ago, we had a problem with our light, therefore we could not pump water. We resorted to going out to buy water. On one of the days, the only people selling water in our neighbourhood weren't around, and we had just a little water left in the house. Consequently, the unpleasant smell of urine oozed out from the toilets into the house, the normal thing being to flush after urinating. My brother went and brought perfume and sprayed everywhere and the smell subsided, the whole house was filled with the good aroma. But guess what, in less than an hour, the odour overpowered the good aroma and came back with full force. It then dawned on us that the only solution was to flush and not to spray perfume. And God thought me a lesson from that.
As Christians, there are certain bad characters or habits in our lives that we don't need to cover up, but to flush it, that is, deal with it. You may find yourself in a bad habit which you always try to cover up so that people wont know you are involved in such a thing, or that pastor won't know. Or it may be something you did that you thought nobody saw you, therefore you smartly covered it up, forgetting that the Eyes that go tro and fro the earth saw you. But if I may ask, for how long do you think you can cover up that habit or that thing. You may succeed in covering it for sometime, maybe years, but it is sure to come out as the Bible said in Num 32:23b "...and be sure your sin will find you out."
Instead of allowing that sin to find you out, that is, disgrace you, find it out and deal with it. Disgrace the devil before he disgraces you. Instead of covering it like we tried to cover the bad smell, flush that character, bad habit or whatever it may be out of your life. I sure know it's not easy, but you can do it with the help of God, just ask Him to help you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! by ChristisGod: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
Amen and thanks

1 Like

Re: Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! by Zither(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
It is like sweeping dirt under the carpet thinking it has been taken care of where the wise thing to do is to dispose of it in the trash bin. We think it is safely hidden under the carpet but dirt cannot remain hidden for long; it inevitably becomes exposed, giving away its unsightly presence and offensive odour. This is an analogy of anyone who tries to hide their sins while masquerading as saint where the wise action they should have taken is ask God for forgiveness and sincerely repent of their errors. The person's so-called carefully hidden tracks of sins are exposed to the sun. God sees all things. Nothing is hidden from Him.

Thanks, Amyblessed, for the wonderful write-ups. Each helps me to explore a truth further and rewards me underlying gems of truth just waiting to be discovered. Stay blessed always.

1 Like

Re: Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! by amyblessed(f): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2019
Zither:
It is like sweeping dirt under the carpet thinking it has been taken care of where the wise thing to do is to dispose of it in the trash bin. We think it is safely hidden under the carpet but dirt cannot remain hidden for long; it inevitably becomes exposed, giving away its unsightly presence and offensive odour. This is an analogy of anyone who tries to hide their sins while masquerading as saint where the wise action they should have taken is ask God for forgiveness and sincerely repent of their errors. The person's so-called carefully hidden tracks of sins are exposed to the sun. God sees all things. Nothing is hidden from Him.

Thanks, Amyblessed, for the wonderful write-ups. Each helps me to explore a truth further and rewards me underlying gems of truth just waiting to be discovered. Stay blessed always.

Thanks Zither. Your response always illustrates the points better that I end up learning from it too.
Re: Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! by Zither(m): 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
amyblessed:

Thanks Zither. Your response always illustrates the points better that I end up learning from it too.

You're welcome but I think your message far outweighs any importance my illustration may achieve in impact. In truth, we drink from each other's cup of insight to our delight but I relish the significance of your posts. Always a pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Don't Spray Perfume, But Flush! by amyblessed(f): 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
Zither:

You're welcome but I think your message far outweighs any importance my illustration may achieve in impact. In truth, we drink from each other's cup of insight to our delight but I relish the significance of your posts. Always a pleasure.

May God increase His wisdom in us all, and help us to be doer of His word. Remain blessed

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Kills Dog And Eats The Raw Meat During Live Service (photos) / Reno Omokri Drops Bombshell On Paying Tithe, Nigerians React / Ladies Who Wear Leggings Lead Boys Into Sin, Mother Of Four Sons Suggests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.