Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar (2004 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In Appeal By Atiku, PDP / Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery / Rabiu Biyora Defects To PDP, Received By Atiku (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by jpphilips(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
dafuturis:

permission to copy and post on my facebook wall. will reference you.
??

Carry on!!

1 Like

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by jpphilips(m): 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
SarkinYarki:
there is no economic Danger or selling the NNPC ,Many Nigerians don't realise that the NNPC is not a ministry neither is it a regulator , the NNPC is merely an oil company owned by the Nigerian Govt just like PetroBras or Mobil .. Many years of misdirection has made the NNPC to abandon what it was created to do and start erroneously acting like a Regulator and revenue cum royalty collector for the Govt .which is wrong.. The NNPC as is structured now is catalyst for mindboggling corruption that benefits just a few ..Let the Govt remove it's hand and let NNPC go struggle like any other oil company out there

NNPC abandoned their core responsibilities yet you still drive your car, receive sense!!

1 Like

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by jpphilips(m): 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
Joevics:

The fact that you dont read isn't my problem.
I read and I'm well informed. Atiku has a plan - a list of things he would do.
If he fails to do them when elected,
We will also vote him out.

Buhari on the other hand has no laid down plan.
What are his plans?
You can tell me.....

Don't bother yourself, Atiku will rule Jada his village not Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by jpphilips(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
nairalandankrah:

MR Erudite professor of economics i hail thee
i'll advice you save that 'your vast knowledge on how the world works' because you will be needing it in DAURA
keep hiding behind your android phone to type Nonsense
#buharimustgo

Mr cluelessness, seems my Daura trip ended in Jada Adamawa state, unfortunately, Atiku was in the Trunk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by jpphilips(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
chemgee:
I get your point sincerely, but now let's think: mention any successful and profitable government business in Nigeria, from oil and gas to transport to hospitality to education then we can begin

Explain to us the financial chain of purchasing the shirt you wore today, that will explain better if NNPC failed or not. Apparently I opened a thread for empty people, mtchew!!

1 Like

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by jpphilips(m): 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
rusher14:
Nobody has been able to counter or refute the OP.

jpphillips, you really did it this time.

Kudos.

You really expected these empty toddlers to know anything, the youths are brain dead, don't bother yourself, Ive given up on them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by chemgee: 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2019
jpphilips:

Explain to us the financial chain of purchasing the shirt you wore today, that will explain better if NNPC failed or not. Apparently I opened a thread for empty people, mtchew!!

Now hear this..
1. name any country that attracts foreign direct investment on a sector still regulated by the government.
2. No thanks to corruption, businesses run by the government ain't profitable..
3. Nigeria is blissfully unaware of what is about to hit it next decade. We keep on fooling ourselves that Atiku's plan to privatize NNPC is not the right thing to do...
U.S. crude production (millions of barrels/day) 2018: 15.423 2019: 17.458 2020: 18.889 2021: 19.692 2022: 20.316 Kachikwu estimates Nigeria's crude oil production will reach 2.5 million bbd this year - but that is less than the INCREASE in US production between 2018 & 2020...
Between 2018 and 2022 (4 years), we are talking about an increase in US production alone close to twice Nigeria's production figures. We aren't adding discoveries in South Africa, Cameroon, Guyana or Brazil's production increases. Nigeria has a looming fiscal crisis - forget it...
"Nigeria's crude is light, sweet and low in sulfur content". Sorry, that is no longer relevant. It was relevant 10 years ago, but the Shale Oil boom means that the world is awash in light, sweet crudes.
Now, let's not even talk about the crazy drive for green energy. topic for another day..
4. An unpredictable industry plus lack of viability coz of corruption in the industry..

5. You have to stop with the unnecessary insults, else we won't have a meaningful discussion..
Peace

1 Like

Re: Economic Dangers Of Selling The Nnpc As Proposed By Atiku Abubakar by jpphilips(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2019
[quote author=chemgee post=76260625]
Now hear this..
1. name any country that attracts foreign direct investment on a sector still regulated by the government.

Government owned FDA regulate food and drug administration in the US,
GSK operate in the US, is that foreign investment enough for you? You can see you don't know what you are talking about.
Government regulate every sector world over and it doesn't stop foreign investors.
What has it got to do with the subject anyways??

2. No thanks to corruption, businesses run by the government ain't profitable..

NNPC is not a business you dumb oaf!! Explain the financial chain of procuring a made in US shirt in Nigeria, that's what you were asked if you don't know it, then you are not qualified to discuss the NNPC.

3. Nigeria is blissfully unaware of what is about to hit it next decade. We keep on fooling ourselves that Atiku's plan to privatize NNPC is not the right thing to do...
U.S. crude production (millions of barrels/day) 2018: 15.423 2019: 17.458 2020: 18.889 2021: 19.692 2022: 20.316 Kachikwu estimates Nigeria's crude oil production will reach 2.5 million bbd this year - but that is less than the INCREASE in US production between 2018 & 2020...
Between 2018 and 2022 (4 years), we are talking about an increase in US production alone close to twice Nigeria's production figures. We aren't adding discoveries in South Africa, Cameroon, Guyana or Brazil's production increases. Nigeria has a looming fiscal crisis - forget it...
"Nigeria's crude is light, sweet and low in sulfur content". Sorry, that is no longer relevant. It was relevant 10 years ago, but the Shale Oil boom means that the world is awash in light, sweet crudes.
Now, let's not even talk about the crazy drive for green energy. topic for another day..
4. An unpredictable industry plus lack of viability coz of corruption in the industry..

How did your made in China shirt arrive in Nigeria?
That was the simple question you were asked, but look at what your response is; utter rubbish, if I call you a r@tard, you will feel insulted but once you are given an opportunity to answer a question, you give dumb answers, bros, go and read for your Jamb

5. You have to stop with the unnecessary insults, else we won't have a meaningful discussion..
Peace

You want to have a meaningful discussion with this level of cluelessness? You called Shale crude, light & sweet crude, and you want to have a meaningful discussion with who? Stop creating problems for reasonable people. You guys are nuisance in our population.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CONFUSSION: Is It True Fulani Killed Fasoranti Daughter? / CORONAVIRUS: Pastor Adeboye's Prophecy Sparked Controversy (live Video) / For Those Arguing See Video Of The Nonsense Rice Sent By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.