Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (856725 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mapleking: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ifeoma77:
Woke up to THE mail today
It's PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Expresso17: 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2019
Can you go to their office?
Please ensure you receive the acknowledgment, it will at least assure you it was sent for Remark.

samsonedos:

Hello huz,
I applied for EOR on the 28th February, I was told I will receive an acknowledgement email from British Council few days after EOR application and I should expect my result between 2-22 days from the date of acknowledgement.

Till date, neither have i received an acknowledgement email nor have an update about my EOR.

Called the BC office I applied through and the man said he is only incharge of collecting the forms.

This is frustrating...... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2019
Upton:
Please I am in a Dilenma. I have 3 years work experience and I recently got an ITA.
However, I am seriously considering declining the ITA.
Firstly, I worked 1 year and 4 months at a startup company where I was paid by cash and I did NYSC at a Military establishment. Now my challenge is, I have no payslip or proof of payment from my employer that paid cash. In addition, the military establishment has refused to give me a reference letter, stating they don't give ex corpers reference letters since I wasn't employed by them, rather I served the country in their facility, even though they were paying me. Now I am left with just 10 months experience that can easily be proven.

Can I decline my ITA, wait till i complete one year in my current job, fill a new or edit my Express entry form using one year experience? Will this backfire in the future, especially as I filled three years already?

I am seriously considering this because when I goggled the name of the startup company online, i did not find any trace, they have no online presence at all and considering I don't have any proof that they paid me cash, it would be easy for anyone to doubt their existence; coupled with the challenge I am facing getting a reference letter from where I served. I think it's just too much drama.

Can the house please advise me, if this is the right decision.

If the start-up is willing to write a ref letter for you, stating you were paid in cash, it shouldn't be a problem. You'll just attach whatever documents you have to prove you worked there, like your letter of appointment etc. I'm sure CIC will know how to conduct their own searches concerning the company. Besides if they're registered, there's a likelihood they'll be on the CAC public search portal. It's not a crime to be paid in cash, A number of people have gotten PPR with cash payments here

As for the military establishment, if you can get a reference letter from NYSC instead, stating you were posted there, you can also attach your posting letter, bank statements showing salary deposits from them and write an LOE stating why you could not get a letter, I think you'll be fine

If you want to keep your application simple and stick to just one job that'll be easier to prove, then you'll have to decline this ITA and edit your profile. Hopefully your points don't drop lower than the draw scores at the time you'll be clocking one year at your current job

I don't know about the implications of editing your profile at this stage, but I read somewhere that at some point whatever changes you make will also be stored.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 10:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
Congratulations @Ifeoma77, May Canada favour you.
Thank you for your selfless service to the thread.
More of God's blessings

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hernyhorla: 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ify Nwanem,
So happy for you .
Glory be to God , It has ended well.

May Canny land Favour u in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DboyizGood(m): 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
Look out for an exam center close to you. The exam is on demand. Register, prepare and go sit for the exam. All the best
khafetech:

Thank you very much.
So how do I begin?
PS: I live in Kaduna
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by NeneSisi: 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
@Ifeoma77 your PPR is our PPR o

Congratulations Sis, I still remember the time of the confusion whether ńa girl àbí na boy... Lol.

So so happy for you. May the rest of the journey be smooth.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by patakioy(m): 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2019
Congratulations. Indeed Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.

Ifeoma77:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by patakioy(m): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
i will advice you buy treasury bills and present the certificate.
Experienced seniors might advice later as they are currently busy celebrating Ifeoma's golden mail.

lumeedee:
Dear All,
Please I have received an ADR requesting that I provide bank statements with updated PoF. The PoF has been transferred out of my account post eAoR, but while moving the funds I passed it through my wife's account so I intend to return via same route. I can provide the PoF again within the week. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was this managed?
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Expresso17: 11:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
In celebration of Ifeoma’s PPR, I made this pufpuf grin grin
All are invited. Congrats sis

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by fizzile(m): 11:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ifeoma77:
Congrats baby

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
What!!!!

Where is ur landing gist

smslive2:
Congratulations to all those who got their PPR and those who have gotten one breakthrough or the other. May all our heart desires be granted. Sorry i have been MIA. Busy settling down in Canny.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 19CannyMum: 12:09am On Mar 16, 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jasmine17(m): 12:32am On Mar 16, 2019
Ifeoma77:
God is too good

...Long post alert...

Congratulations to a wonderful woman. The only standup comedian of this thread.

Remember those well dressed shekere dancers i promised?

They just arrived grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 16, 2019
Congratulations to @ifeoma77....I am so happy for you....you have been selfless on this thread,you can only expect unending blessings from every angle...Canada has already favour you. Go on and excel.

And to everybody who has gotten their PPR...I say congratulations and may we never regret taking this bold step.

To all the people in one stage or the other...Canada needs you,keep the hope alive and achieve it. Iree ooo

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 12:56am On Mar 16, 2019
Jasmine17:

Congratulations to a wonderful woman. The only standup comedian of this thread.

Remember those well dressed shekere dancers i promised?

They just arrived grin

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 1:02am On Mar 16, 2019
@ifeoma77 i wonder how i will feel when i get my own PPR. I am so excited for you.
A mighty big congrats to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 1:04am On Mar 16, 2019
Ifeoma77:
Thank you guys, I am just cheesing here from ear to ear
God bless you all for your prayers, good wishes and the encouragement during the wait.
we shall all enjoy our new country
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Wow at last...I'm feeling cold, its like it's my PPR.
I can imagine...God will favour you in your new home. Everyone will testify

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ohzi(f): 2:24am On Mar 16, 2019
Thanks so much
joo2018:
Alright then.

Search the thread or through Sthill5's posts. It has been discussed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MCHI24: 5:01am On Mar 16, 2019
congrat dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ozzy2: 6:48am On Mar 16, 2019
Awwwwww! Congrats ify.
May cannyland favour you.
Please don’t forget us here ooo. Plenty questions loading.�

quote author=Ifeoma77 post=76668454]Woke up to THE mail today
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by khafetech: 7:27am On Mar 16, 2019
flosk:

It is not equivalent to a one year diploma. If you want a one year diploma, go for Cima certBA. It will give you one year. Confirmed

How do I go about registrating for the CIMA certBA and how can I get the study materials. The fee for study materials on their website is too expensive. In fact it is more expensive than the exam fees. I found this site that offer free online training for the CertBA www.astranti.com but I will still appreciate if I can get access to the study materials from CIMAglobal and be linked to someone who has written the exams.

Thank you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by advocatetruth(f): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2019
Good morning e-famz, congratulations to everyone one that got ppr.
Its almost like am getting paranoid, Everytime i stimulate my CRS, its either its increasing or decreasing. Now my question is can one get ITA with a CRS of 443 worse case scenario and getting a diploma or Msc come July n NOUN. I don't want to start a journey that wont pay me .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by texas1(m): 8:27am On Mar 16, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Congrats Ifeoma77

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Kmgb1: 8:56am On Mar 16, 2019
So i woke up to go for my early morning walk,instead of wearing my shoes,i picked up my phone and what did i see...lets just say 2hrs later im still here,with the sun up..no more walk today be that but issokay
Congratulations to the very amiable,witty and funny Ifeoma,thanks for gracing us with your time and presence since 2018,i wish you all the wonderful things Canada has to offer,Naija is losing a good one..i tell you!
Your script was so funny im still reeling from laughter hours after.especially the Inna Lillahi wa'inna Rajiun..pls who says that in a ppr script..lol but it was aptly used i must say..that woman no wan make heaven. Lol and your boss must be the bestest...
All the best dear @ifeoma77

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Wow!!! As a senior silent reader I had to come out of my castle to celebrate with you !!! CONGRATULATIONS @ifeoma77 , Go and prosper in your new land .... You have really made an impact on this thread , I hope someone with a good heart like yours takes after you here ...

God be praised!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sunexy(m): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2019
DboyizGood:
Look out for an exam center close to you. The exam is on demand. Register, prepare and go sit for the exam. All the best
Where do one register...online or what. Im in uyo and I am sure I have seen an information about their centers here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gen76: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Congratulations dear! Well deserving for such a phenomenal personality as you.

THANK YOU LORD FOR THIS AWESOME NEWS!

Silent reader o, also been silently praying for @Ifeoma77's PPR!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaissure: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2019
congrats @ifeoma77. super happy for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Livy2018: 10:05am On Mar 16, 2019
Ifeoma77, congrats Sis. May greater news come ur way this year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jenolyfavour: 10:06am On Mar 16, 2019
Hello beloved FAM. Congrats Ifeoma77 am really happy for you. Please if I can get a reference letter from my office due to the unavailability of my immediate boss, is there any alternative to present?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:17am On Mar 16, 2019
Jenolyfavour:
Hello beloved FAM. Congrats Ifeoma77 am really happy for you. Please if I can get a reference letter from my office due to the unavailability of my immediate boss, is there any alternative to present?

You can get your HR to provide you the reference letter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.