Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857144 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Itzchord: 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One step in.

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by youngRx(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
Sultanlek:

Lol bro. We seem to have a lot in common. I’m also on 450, got into the pool few days before the 457 draw. Patience is very key on this journey. Just stay calm, we will get it soon. I’m a Rx too by the way. As men of honor

...we join hands o, brother.
Nice to meet a fellow rx.

you're sure right. patience is key. las las we go all clinch that ITA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=benatokwu post=76825734][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2019
Adunnee:
God has done it for me.

IELTS is done and dusted after four attempts

L9, R8, W7, S7.5

When I saw the result, I started stooling.

How did you people cope when you received the golden mail?
oh.hhhhhhh I am sooooo happy for you.
I have been meaning to ask about your ielts , since Monday, but one thing or the other has been distracting me. Thank God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hipstar2: 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
Itzchord:
Draw made patiently waiting for the ITA mail

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
iaatmguy:
oh.hhhhhhh I am sooooo happy for you.
I have been meaning to ask about your ielts , since Monday, but one thing or the other has been distracting me. Thank God

Thank you so much.

God is awesome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Upton: 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2019
Upton:
Please I am in a Dilenma. I have 3 years work experience and I recently got an ITA.
However, I am seriously considering declining the ITA.
Firstly, I worked 1 year and 4 months at a startup company where I was paid by cash and I did NYSC at a Military establishment. Now my challenge is, I have no payslip or proof of payment from my employer that paid cash. In addition, the military establishment has refused to give me a reference letter, stating they don't give ex corpers reference letters since I wasn't employed by them, rather I served the country in their facility, even though they were paying me. Now I am left with just 10 months experience that can easily be proven.

Can I decline my ITA, wait till i complete one year in my current job, fill a new or edit my Express entry form using one year experience? Will this backfire in the future, especially as I filled three years already?

I am seriously considering this because when I goggled the name of the startup company online, i did not find any trace, they have no online presence at all and considering I don't have any proof that they paid me cash, it would be easy for anyone to doubt their existence; coupled with the challenge I am facing getting a reference letter from where I served. I think it's just too much drama.

Can the house please advise me, if this is the right decision.
Please I was able to convince my PPA to list out my duties and salary as required by CIC. The problem now is that they refused to state the nature of employment as fulltime; they insisted they weren't the ones who employed me. However, the agreed to include that I worked 40 hours per week. I hope CIC won't have issues with this letter.
Every other thing that ought to be on an ideal reference letter was included except that it didn't state fulltime or not. I hope the hours worked that was stated will suffice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by whiteFOX: 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
Josh121:

I sent liz paid

Boss can I get paid Liz too..Biko

Okunrinlatemitay@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by peek(f): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
Am yet to write Ielts, but should be around 400, am 34 already. ECA completed

Ifeoma77:

What is your CRS if you use the older age? If it's still high, then don't worry, just write LOE. Shikenan
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by snoop4dem: 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
If hours worked indicates 40 hours per week, that is an equivalent of full time work in Canada. I am sure that will not be an issue In fact some full time hours are 37.5 or even might go as low as 35 hours per week and it is still full time
Upton:

Please I was able to convince my PPA to list out my duties and salary as required by CIC. The problem now is that they refused to state the nature of employment as fulltime; they insisted they weren't the ones who employed me. However, the agreed to include that I worked 40 hours per week. I hope CIC won't have issues with this letter.
Every other thing that ought to be on an ideal reference letter was included except that it didn't state fulltime or not. I hope the hours worked that was stated will suffice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CnCstore: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2019
Topsmamen:

Yes, that's correct. Your total work experience is 4 years. You will use your NYSC job to claim work experience and get reference letter for that job.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xclusivemaama: 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
Jennypharb1:

At all, last last them go check background, background go tire. If them say them stubborn, we tell them say we stubborn pass. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cuteguy201: 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.
Adunnee:

I have responded.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Upton: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
snoop4dem:
If hours worked indicates 40 hours per week, that is an equivalent of full time work in Canada. I am sure that will not be an issue In fact some full time hours are 37.5 or even might go as low as 35 hours per week and it is still full time
Thanks.
I thought full time hours are 30 hours and above?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CnCstore: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Yes, I agree. If I understand his question correctly he may be asking if he can claim points for 4years total as work experience instead of 1year even though the other 3years is in category C.

This is exactly what i mean.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by whiteFOX: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
WES!! WES!! ..started this evaluation since November.

Patiently waiting for an update while I prepare for IELTS.

Please my seniors, I need materials ooo. I particularly need to hammer more on my writing.

Help please.

Congrats to all testifiers. grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by peek(f): 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
Please what is the key? How did u get this wonderful results? Happy for you.... Help ur bro to get same or more. God bless

Adunnee:
God has done it for me.

IELTS is done and dusted after four attempts

L9, R8, W7, S7.5

When I saw the result, I started stooling.

How did you people cope when you received the golden mail?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
CnCstore:

This is exactly what i mean.

Okay, you can only claim points for the 1year NYSC, the remaining three years cannot give you points since it's under category C, you'll just add it to your personal history, this way you won't need to provide a reference letter for it. It also means that your points may be lower than you expect since you'll be claiming one year instead of four
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
youngRx:

...we join hands o, brother.
Nice to meet a fellow rx.

you're sure right. patience is key. las las we go all clinch that ITA

Abeg, this Rx them dey share money? Make we sef join hands, anyhow, brothers and sisters in Christ, POF stew everywhere grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Flytime: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2019
Please has anyone ever heard of the tar global placement agent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by youngRx(m): 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Abeg, this Rx them dey share money? Make we sef join hands, anyhow, brothers and sisters in Christ, POF stew everywhere grin

lolzz...money for where! i wish!

abeg make that POF stew reach my side fa. that hustle na on another level gringrin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by njbybrthnly: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2019
Hi guys and gals, it's COPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it. COPR dey my hand! The packaging alone o...very sexy. Me likey. God has been so goooooood.

My timeline below:
Decision to Migrate: Since I started thinking independently, finally took the bull by the horns January 2018
IELTS: Feb 10, 2018 LRSW - 9 9 7.5 7.5
ECA: WES March 26,2018 (Bachelors degree)
Dive into the Pool: March 26, 2018 CRS - 420
Birthday: CRS - 415 cry cry cry cry
TEF: October 10, 2018 CO CE EO EE - 256(B2) 227(B2) 346(B2) 327(B2) (CRS 457 coolcool)
ITA: December 12, 2018
AOR: December 14, 2018
MEP/BIL: January 24, 2019
Biometrics Updated: January 25, 2019
PPR: February 20, 2019 (dated February 19, 2019)
Passports submitted: February 20, 2019 (via courier)
COPR received: March 20,2019
Family of 5

PPR testimonies have always inspired me. I'm not one for many words but here goes:

As my moniker implies grin, I've never felt at home in this country. When I finally wanted to do something about it, hubby was a diehard naija fan. Even when we heard of express entry in 2015, he always used to say naija will get better, no need to leave. Not until December of 2017, business was looking bleak...he finally saw the light. Yay!!! gringringringringringringrin

Luckily, while doing research on the process, I came across this thread, and y'all have been Godsent. Even though I may not have really asked many questions, I found most (if not all) my answers by going through the thread which I joined in Part 3. So, kudos to y'all!!! Na God go bless all of una!

IELTS: I used the materials recommended here to practise before the exam. By the special grace of God, with my scores, I got the maximum language points, yay!!!

ECA: This was a breeze because my school processes transcripts online and they're quite efficient (Greatest Lions and Lionesses!!! coolcoolcoolcool). Special thanks to @einsteino for outlining the steps for verification. It saved me a lot of headache and also N10k because I think I would have paid for both certificate and transcript verification.

We also evaluated hubby's degree with WES (same school) and we got maximum points from his IELTS.

Then, we started waiting. Our CRS was 420. We were hoping for CRS cut-off to drop as low as it did in 2017. At the same time though, we were also looking for a way to improve our score which is why I decided to take the TEF. While I was preparing for the exam, I had a birthday in July and lost 5 points but all glory to God, the exam was a success and my scores were just enough to push my CRS from 415 to 457. Somebody shout Alleluyah!!!!

TEF: I have already outlined some tips to learn french easily and my experience on the exam day on the TEF thread. If you feel you can learn french, I highly recommend doing so. Besides the additional points you can get, it also gives you an edge in PNP from provinces like Ontario and Nova Scotia if the said points are not enough to bring your CRS to the required levels. For those interested in writing the french exam, you'll find more than enough resources there (from french gurus I might add wink) to help you get started. Words can't express how grateful I am to my TEF family (I don't want to call names - I don't want to omit anybody like some people did at the Oscars grin, y'all know yourselves kisskisskiss). They have been a constant source of inspiration and motivation to me. I pray for constant breakthrough for y'all, be it in TEF/TCF, processing of your application, or settling in Canada eventually.
I must also thank @Tojued (congrats on your PPR!), @Fuzzyman, @rs172 and @sunvick. I still remember when I asked for tips on learning french here and all your suggestions were helpful. I pray that help will always come to you when you need it, no matter how small.

Medicals: After writing the TEF exam, we booked for medicals at Qlife just in case. We had to cancel it though, because when the TEF result came out, we then felt our appointment date in December was too far embarassed - beggar became a chooser hehehe. Did medicals Nov 30, 2018 at IOM. Did PCC same day as well at Alagbon. We just walked in.

We declared one US visa refusal 2 years ago.

Work experience (gehn gehn gehn undecided): I am self-employed and to be honest, gathering the documents gave me serious cause for concern. There's a lot of divergent information online (to me anyway) on which documents to submit for self-employed work experience. Choosing NOC alone sef was a problem, I changed it three times before I settled for 0911. Then the format for the reference letters was another issue, but I'm thankful I joined a whatsapp group I saw on canadavisa for self-employed peeps and they came through for me.
We keep knocking Indians here, but I've found that some of them really know their onions

So in a nutshell the documents I submitted for my work experience (Print production manager) are:
- CAC documents
- Tax clearance certificate
- SOA (for the past 3 years)*
- Reference letters from clients
- Reference letters from suppliers
- Invoices from supplier (the one that refused to give me reference letter angry)
- Emails from clients (I didn't ask them for reference letter)
- Screen grab of whatsapp chats with clients

* It is pertinent to note that though my SOA was for the past 3 years I didn't upload all the pages (it was over 120 pages!). I only uploaded the relevant pages which showed transactions from clients and suppliers from whom I had gotten reference letters, as well as salary payments to employees. I also highlighted the relevant transactions with different colours (a specific colour for each client or supplier). Packaging things wink. One might say that was overkill but I felt it was necessary to enhance readability, especially as the prints on most of the pages were skewed (yeye bank angry).

I remember when @Shyee gave his PPR testimony. I almost cried when I read that he used the registration as a taxable person document. Chai! All the money we spent to get the tax clearance certificate cry. Thank God I'm smiling now sha grin

On the first page of my work experience document, I created a table of all documents therein by page number and description. I also added the colour chart for the highlights on my SOA. It was not an easy something but it seems to have paid off. Thank God!

We also submitted reference letter in CIC format from hubby's place of employment. We know we didn't need it as his work experience wasn't Canadian but he was able to get it so...

LOE: I used this to state that I didn't upload all the pages of the SOA because of size limitations but I was willing to upload them if deemed necessary. I also explained the daily running of my business, how many employees I had, etc.
I should add here that my LOE was not a letter i.e there was no address, or signature or whatever. I just explained what I felt I needed to and submitted. (I was so worried when I saw as sample LOE was being shared on the Post ITA whatsapp group cry...another headache again but thank God that's over *whew*)

POF: I used TBills. Submitted the TBills certificate and generic reference letter from the bank.

Had all my docs ready before I got ITA because there was a long delay (of 3 weeks), after I'd seen my TEF result, before I received my attestation (similar to IELTS TRF). Left to hubby, we would have even submitted that same day, but I no gree o, we checked and rechecked to make sure everything was correct first.

We waited almost a year to get ITA, but God decided to bless us with speedy processing (despite my fear of being sent to Accra because of my self-employed work experience embarassed). Hubby believes the french gave us an edge grin. All in all, we praise God!!!

PPR/COPR: Was getting the kids ready for school when I saw the mail from CPCO FinalRequest.... I can boldly say I now understand the concept of time standing still (I never really understood it before when I read it in books grin). I had to read the mail several times o, before it finally clicked (even after it clicked sef). After dropping the kids off at school, we sha went to the bank to pay the VFS fees before sending the passports and co through courier - we already had passport photographs (before IRCC changes their mind o). Depending on how you look at it, using courier may have been more expensive but we didn't want to risk going to Lagos again - our lives were too precious now, as per prospective Canadians lol.
The passports got to Accra on February 26, 2019 (all the holidays due to the elections angry).

Application was approved March 13, 2019.

Passports and COPR received from UPS, March 20,2019.

Voila, I'm officially a Canadian Permanent Resident!!! coolcoolcoolcoolcool (at least I feel like one even though I neva even land gringringringringringringrin). Flight tickets have been booked though...we can't wait again o!

I joined some whatsapp groups after I submitted my application but had to leave them because the pressure was MEEEEGAAAAA. Some posts ehn...I was constantly worried that I had done something wrong and I couldn't concentrate on other stuff. I know most of you are here sha so I wish y'all a smooth processing and subsequent landing in Canada.

To everyone else here, most especially @Joo2018 and @Ifeoma77 (you guys are selflessness personified...wow), thanks for ALL your help. May all your dreams come true.

To the newbies, please read o! That's the best way to get acquainted with the requirements for this process (as it pertains to you specifically). I wish nairaland had a feature that allowed us to pin important posts so that no matter what page you're on, you'd see them (like Telegram I think) - maybe that would help (just thinking out loud).

Alors, cela se terminera par des louanges pour nous tous! Grace a Dieu!

144 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ramj: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
adaifx:
Which one comes first?

Eligibility usually comes first

Je m'appelle Ramj

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
peek:
Please what is the key? How did u get this wonderful results? Happy for you.... Help ur bro to get same or more. God bless

Hmmm! I've been battling with listening, after having 7.5 in two attempts, I started paying more attention by concentrating on the discussion and following the conversation.

For the other sections, I didn't have difficulties at all.

Ultimately, God made it possible.

I used ieltsup.com to study for this last exam.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
njbybrthnly:
Hi guys and gals, it's COPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it. COPR dey my hand! The packaging alone o...very sexy. Me likey. God has been so goooooood.

My timeline below:
Decision to Migrate: Since I started thinking independently, finally took the bull by the horns January 2018
IELTS: Feb 10, 2018 LRSW - 9 9 7.5 7.5
ECA: WES March 26,2018 (Bachelors degree)
Dive into the Pool: March 26, 2018 CRS - 420
Birthday: CRS - 415 cry cry cry cry
TEF: October 10, 2018 CO CE EO EE - 256(B2) 227(B2) 346(B2) 327(B2) (CRS 457 coolcool)
ITA: December 12, 2018
Family of 5

PaPR testimonies have always inspired me. I'm not one for many words but here goes:

Congratulations sisteh, yaff bust my head final today. Sweet processing time. May the path ahead be smoother than your processing time

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
njbybrthnly:

Awesome! Congrats njbybrthnlycabyczshp (Naija By Birth Only Canada By Citizenship) grin. Your NL CIA bro wishes you the best.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
ITA: @ladymarshall, @Itzchord, @Maritee, @Headnotthetail, may the rest of your journey be smooth.

@youngRx, @boco2126, @Sultanlek, ITA will come don't worry.

PPR wait: @msmodi: keep the faith, PPR is on the way.

COPR: @bammy2017 (God has great plans for you), @njbybrthnly, may you all prosper in your new home.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
Amen!!!

Biko i want nothing less than 3 dancers o grin

Ifeoma77:

Na wa O!!
It is well Sis, it shall not be long from now
My shekere awaits
kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
You can switch.

May sure you add an LOE to explain why/how you did not include the undergraduate studies in your initial applications.

benatokwu:
Hello house,

Please am about to embark on this journey and need to ask a question for clarification.In the first quarter of 2016 ,I applied for undergraduates students visa to Canada and somehow got denied.My B.Eng was yet to be out by then so I was hoping to cross over by applying for undergraduates and eventually switching to masters when I get there. Collected my result on the 8th of September 2016 and started working the next month.Now I want to know if I can opt for Express entry without any issue considering the fact that I never mentioned I was doing an undergraduate program when I applied.I’ll be 27 on the 2nd of June and just started my Pgd and also preparing to write CIMA next month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by thomyladey: 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
[Could you anyone please help me answer my question below. I am also interested in joining any whatsapp group for EE.]

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.