Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857169 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by freshdad: 7:41am On Apr 13, 2019
Hello house and congrats to everyone who's scaled one hurdle or the other (ifeoma big congrats)

Just want to share a story... Please let's all endeavor to follow the rules laid out by cic. My childhood friend who convinced me on this journey just got refused.

He claimed points from a sibling who's temporarily out of Canada. When they got ita, I told them I'd read both here and on cic website that the family member must be residing in Canada as at the time of filing the application but his wife said she was on some group and was told it's not a biggie. As at the time-last August, I hadn't even passed ielts so my opinion wasn't good enough so I kept quiet.

They submitted in sept got 3adrs in November, December and February all pointing to the same thing--additional proof of sibling in Canada, in particular, the officer requested for utility bills because that was the only thing missing which could convince the vo the sibling was resident in Canada.

After over 6months, the dude decided to refuse them so they are back to the board.

Please don't let one group admin or padi who's not related to the members of the governing council/board of trustees of cic tell you what is not...

There are requirements, please follow them.

Back to hibernation. Cheers

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by swaga007: 8:29am On Apr 13, 2019
On my document check list I was asked to provide police certificate for England and police certificate for Scotland.
Please my senior in the house, can I upload acro UK police certificate issued to me for both countries? Is Scotland police certificate different from England ? Please guide me my people!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 8:32am On Apr 13, 2019
majamisile:

I guess his fear is the fact that he thinks the V.O. might just not believe the experience is not arranged as all he has is the job reference, employment letter and maybe the LOE which can be typed by anyone and the additional proofs which he could have presented is not being made available. You know how we overthink things and want to be sure no part of the application comes back to haunt us. Please just give more clarification on this.

What better way to explain a situation than using LOE? If he/she insists on avoiding the LOE, the other option is to get the employer to state in the reference letter that he/she was paid in cash.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by evarukomadu: 8:33am On Apr 13, 2019
Hello house,
Please I am about to apply for WES evaluation for all my certificates including my masters. My problem is my WAEC certificate has a slight mistake in the D.O.B. I am worried, I've tried getting it corrected from WAEC but they've refused to change it. Please if I send the WAEC certificate with the mistake in the D.O.B, will it be accepted?.
Thank you for your help beautiful people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lewoxxy: 8:37am On Apr 13, 2019
Yes you can
quote author=babiechic post=77469137]Dear All,

Please can I use French language as my first official language if I pass TEF exams(French language exams) more than IELTS. cos i'm thinking that will fetch me more points. i'm actually good in French [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 8:38am On Apr 13, 2019
swaga007:
On my document check list I was asked to provide police certificate for England and police certificate for Scotland.
Please my senior in the house, can I upload acro UK police certificate issued to me for both countries? Is Scotland police certificate different from England ? Please guide me my people!

See this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AMNEXT: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Omg!!! grin grin grin
Ifeoma oooo, you will not kill me with this your funny pix joor. I wonder were you harvest them from.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Bavu11: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2019
Bavu11:
@Wasseynewest should please add me to the IELTS Training whatsapp group
You can send link to my mail femaug@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by awos90: 9:03am On Apr 13, 2019
onchekpa:

Hello all. Silent reader..thanks everyone for the numerous information shared on this platform.

I'm done with IELTS.
First attempt : February 9th Bc : LRWS: 7.5, 9.0, 8.0,7.5
Second attempt: March 23rd Mod; LRWS: 8.5, 8.0, 7, 7.5

Waiting for Wes to complete evaluation since October last year.

Please who has contact with NTI Kaduna for verification...it's been two months now. Kindly help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by evarukomadu: 9:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Pls can someone help me out with this. Thanks!
evarukomadu:
Hello house,
Please I am about to apply for WES evaluation for all my certificates including my masters. My problem is my WAEC certificate has a slight mistake in the D.O.B. I am worried, I've tried getting it corrected from WAEC but they've refused to change it. Please if I send the WAEC certificate with the mistake in the D.O.B, will it be accepted?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 9:21am On Apr 13, 2019
Chrisophad:
SOS!!!!
Hi guys, please what's the appropriate documents to be submitted for a PR visa, an original copy or just photocopies? My friend has just submitted original copies of all her documents(educational certificates, proffessional licences, appointment letters etc) along with her passport for transmission to AVO.
If its photocopies how can we retrieve the original.
Any idea if they would return it with the passports?
Pls help guys.

This looks like the handwork of an agent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2019
TFCfootball:
Hi, please I am new here.

I have been reading previous comments here advising people who were paid cash to get a salary certificate or pay slip from their employer.

Please has anyone here gotten Permanent Residency by just claiming he/she was paid cash without further proof other than just the reference letter?

My ex employer paid me cash, without payslips and he is refusing to give me a salary certificate or pay slips now because he believes that pay slips or certificate are only issued to people who gets their money deposited into their bank account and I don't think I can force it.
In addition, my reference letter doesn't state whether I was paid in cash or not. It only mentions my annual income.

I want to follow the advise I have read so far about writing an LOE stating I was paid in cash but then again I think this brings trust issues, especially without further proof.
I have just my reference letter and appointment letter to submit for this place and I have pay slips for the other places.
Will submitting just my reference letter without the LOE for all places be less stressful?

Your employer should include in bracket the place your annual salary was stated: PAID IN CASH.

If you write an LOE to state you were paid in cash while your reference letter didnt state that, it's a problem.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 9:33am On Apr 13, 2019
onchekpa:
Please who has any contact with NTI Kaduna...that's national teachers institute. I need help in verification of transcript..it's been over seven weeks and no reply.

Please heeeellllpppppp!!!.

Search this thread. Someone posted how s/he solved the verification problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TFCfootball: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2019
COPR:

Your employer should include in bracket the place your annual salary was stated: PAID IN CASH.

If you write an LOE to state you were paid in cash while your reference letter didnt state that, it's a problem.
I have gotten my reference letter already and it doesn't include (paid in cash).
I suggested it but we felt it would be a bit tacky and unprofessional. Please what should I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by tolfa(m): 10:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Based on the trend of discussion...you can request for another reference letter if possible, or get them to write a letter solely on your salary that it's paid in cash and you attach it to the reference letter.
TFCfootball:

I have gotten my reference letter already and it doesn't include (paid in cash).
I suggested it but we felt it would be a bit tacky and unprofessional. Please what should I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by swaga007: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2019
Topsmamen:

See this.

Thanks alot bro...so I can upload it for both countries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TFCfootball: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2019
tolfa:
Based on the trend of discussion...you can request for another reference letter if possible, or get them to write a letter solely on your salary that it's paid in cash and you attach it to the reference letter.
Or just submit my reference letter alone to save the stress? I can't go back to my ex employer for another letter because we did a lot of back and forth to get the reference letter in the right format.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Selzsky(f): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2019
A very Loooong Post Alert!!!!! It’s not a “cherekambia” kind of read. It’s a settle down, AC/fan on, leg on da stool, wine in the glass by the side- kind of read.

For some reason I had always had a thing for Canada. No, I have never been there but something was almost taking me there some years back until....... Besides, comparing the country with the US from my perspective, it seemed calmer security-wise so it was a place I wouldn’t have minded except for the cold�(loolll) which still scares me.
Fast forward to early 2017, a family friend which I had lost touch with, contacted me on FB to ask what exactly I was still doing in our oh dear Naija! He told me of how they relocated albeit through PNP and encouraged me to take a look at the process. I actually did do that (take a look at the process, that is) but mehnnnn my score for the Province naw epp my situation. It was not encouraging at all based on those their parameters.
However, I didn’t let that deter me. I went online and found a link that sent me to nairaland by mistake. Now, I have been a nairaland person since tey tey cos I like Amebo (healthy ones sha oooo) In fact during annoying days at work or anywhere sef, nairaland in general is my go-to place. I just concentrate on the side where people run commentaries. The hilarious comments of some characters on here, heals my soul and brings the kind of laughter that makes tears roll down my eyes (Nigerians are something else).
Soooooooo, as I was saying, I stumbled on the Zandora link (our Part 1 of this thread) which was on page 600 at that time. I read from page 1 to 100 first and I discovered I was hooked already. Left out page 101 to 599, then continued from pg 600 till date. It was like my daily bible. In fact, if my bible could talk, seeing the way I was reading this EE thread, it would say to me ——“this geh, you don’t know yasef, no spiritual ambition...lollll”
I went and I bought a book which I called my Maple Leaf and wrote out my plans and targets. Truth be told, after reading that thread, I was no longer interested in the Provincial kpakpa sef because I discovered the Federal route was way easier and cheaper too. I also played around with the CRS and knew what I needed to score for IELTS to help my score as age nor con too dey my side nau. I have a Masters but I had to max out my IELTS. These were even the days of the draws of 413, 415 etc...
Meanwhile, all these while, money nor too dey ooo. All the other costs and then that POF part was a part not to be thought of often for avoidance of hypertension...lol..yes o even as a single applicant. I decided then, to take it one step at a time, each day, starting with evaluation of my credentials with WES.

ECA——This was done with WES in November, 2017. Time was of the essence cos I wasn’t sure if Canada would change their mind all of a sudden so I decided to evaluate only my MSc. BSc to be evaluated at another time, just in case d BSc transcript became necessary in Cannyland. The only price with this style would be the additional cost. U.I. was pretty straightforward with their transcript process but NASU came knocking just after. This made it drag to May 2018. Thanks to @ Balogunsam, I had to contact someone who notified me the verification request had not been received and I wrote back to WES. I received my completed report though before May 7, 2018 without doing anything special.

IELTS——-This one! Hmmmmm. Work didn’t give me the opportunity to prepare like I would have wanted. Considering I had prepared to write the exams in early 2018, I only took some days off before the exams for this. Materials I used, Liz (concentrated mostly on her tips), Jay, ieltsonline, ieltsadvantage, miniielts...don’t forget that I had to max out my scores. All the tips given here by our ancestors/elders, I noted. I first started practicing with academic tests. For Listening...I went to YouTube and practised with all the Cambridge test (3-12 practice tests) while assuming exam condition. I concentrated so much on Listening and Reading. I didn’t really practice Writing except for few times ‘cos I naw too like formal writing jare. It was like a bone in my throat. Even the speaking sef, it wasn’t even as per confidence. In fact, anything exam, ah no just like Abeg!!! Trust me, even with the practice, it didn’t stop me from having this nerve-induced diarrhea on the day of the exams (April 21, 2018). I consistently pooed until it was time to enter the hall. The kain tension wey hold an able-bodied nmadu. It was not a nice sometin at all. I discovered that, it’s not as if person no go fit sabi this exam o but the fear tries to defeat you ist and it is nothing but that fear of not just wanting to fail, of not wanting to write more than once cos money no dey to dey dash BC and MOD. I even wrote with BC and then fees were going to change from 68k to 75k. Haba!!! So the tension was coming for different reasons. I truly and seriously respect all who have done this exam more than once. Lest, I forget, I’m catholic and yes I did say the prayer to St. Joseph too. Well, it was only in Writing that I didn’t get my required score so instead of having a CRS of 443 with maxed out scores, I had a 440. See my result in PPR post above/below(not too sure of the direction).
I entered the pool May 7 as soon as everything was ready and the wait commenced.
At that time too, instead of going down, Draw scores started going up, e no wan come dan. The only lucky 440s then, were people who had gone in the pool before me. Meanwhile, the almighty birthday was coming in Oct.......chaiiiii!!!!! I kept asking God to do His will cos me sef don con taya. I con dey think am say, maybe the relocation wasn’t for me. Believe me I was ready to go try the PnP route, but somehow somehow, I just wanted that Federal ‘cos to me, people wey dey get am no carry faya for head.
Then came Oct ——ghen-ghen!!! At no point in this my life did I think I’ll not look forward to my “baiday”...ahn-ahn! But on top this movement, I did - dreading the closeness of the date and hoping for a draw to find me. Chaii, CiC God is watching you...loooolll. I decided to take some time off work and travel to Lagos to have my Medicals done in faith.....Looool. There were about 2 Weds & 2 Mondays left before Oct 22nd. I kept the faith, even when my sister was saying I should just research PnPs nau, I told her starting to research PnP meant I was losing faith o and that I will start researching PnP after Oct 22. My spirit didn’t just let me. Now, I’m not your spiritual-spiritual if you no what I mean, I’m just a normal person who tries to live and do right by Him but I believe in God, and I Trust Him wellla!
So, I had my medicals done with IOM Lagos as I had earlier booked a slot when someone here mentioned that getting early and fast medical slots were now like finding eggs laid by Alligators.
After the medicals with IOM, I decided to enjoy my leave na. I was jejely enjoying that my leave, when on Oct 15, a friend called me to say, “oh girl, e don land abi?” I say...wetin land? She said, today’s draw is 440 and it covers your pool entry period...Ha!!!! I cut the call and went straight to the ‘net and there it was, sitting pretty......it felt like PPR aswear....7days to my birthday....sharply I called inspector Moshood and headed to Alagbon. Completed my PCC sharply and now settled down to complete my application. Every other documentation was ready since tey tey. I had scanned and created folders like GlitteringStar2 had advised.

Proof of Work——- I got this since that 2017 oo when I decided to move. Thanks to @ onlineise who answered my first question on this thread regarding the implication of collecting the reference letter years before I was even ready. (@ Mummyjaygirls and 40manlappy, I still dey beef una sef cos Na una I first call for help as per elder tins that time...loooolll �����, dem no even send me...and no, that information was not on that thread’s page 1......lolll). I had about 6+ years work experience from just one workplace so I used that. Also, you know everything revolves around 10years and part of that my 6years work experience was above the 10years so I was really worried about it. I worried for nothing. I got the first reference letter from HR thanks to my then boss. It wasn’t an issue ‘cos I had already left that workplace anyway. However, in 2018, I started feeling funny about my selected NOC so I reached out to GlitteringStar2 to help me review my JD as listed on the reference letter. She did and advised me to contact @ Newmum0615 to help me clean it up further which I did. To @ Newmum0615, the only thing I can say is that ——the Lord will never remove ear on anything that will benefit you positively. His Hand go always dey there. Amen! You know how our Nigerian work can be in some workplaces, one person will do the work of 50 people. My JD ran through two NOCs. She dissected my JD, sorted the deliverables fitting them to the best corresponding NOC and sent it to me with pieces of advise. I did as she advised and I had to go back to get another reference letter with the new compact JD which now balanced very well with one NOC. Few months after I collected the revised letter of reference, the Head of HR that signed the letter, left the company. This too was part of what I had to worry about. That if IRCC contacted for confirmation, hope there won’t be issues. Again, I worried for nothing. I researched on it, found out there were loads of such cases and I relaxed. I’m saying these things ‘cos in as much as every application isn’t the same, these little pieces of information may still help someone someday. I merged the 2-paged reference letter with my last promotion letter from that company, my gratuity letter with a copy of the gratuity cheque issued which I kept. Ha! Ah naw wan hear story say na this one spoil tinz.

POF————-This was the GodFather!!!! Considering my almost 10yrs of work experience....my dear, yes, it was a thing.....money naw too dey!!!!...(wonder and judge at your own peril). Anyway, I come from a very loving, close-knit nuclear family so I got a gift of over 75% of the settlement fund and had a gift deed done. I went for mutual funds. I actually got the gift immediately I passed my IELTS. I invested the funds immediately. So here, I uploaded my investment letters (ARM & Stanbic), bank statement cos I had some money in my accounts too with an LOE and screenshot from XE.com. One day on this thread, part 4 or 5, someone said CiC will wonder why someone with so much work experience will do gift deed of over 50%. I took that and added to my “worry bag” even before I entered the pool....loooolll, for every step of worry sha, if I see say, nothing again wey I fit do, I asked God to just sort it out. No, my worry no reach Osaze07 own or those Indians.....loool.
It was all of this I uploaded to respective slots on the e-ApR.
So, ITA was Oct 15 and I submitted on Oct 19 and received AOR on the 20th. I know it’s said here that we get locked in on ITA but since person naw too understand CiC, I didn’t want to take chances. I needed to submit my application before my birthday.
Who ask question naw dey loss.o. Even with all my research and reading on this thread, I still was asking questions during my application ‘cos I didn’t want any of all those stories that touch. Na around this time I con dey find @Ifeoma77 and Tojued. Recognizing them as people wey sabi...loooolllll. Dem no even answer person sef. Although that time @ Ifeoma77 was busy flirting with Topsmamen on the thread (IfyBekee, don’t come for my head o, cos I still sha love you cos it’s so obvious that you’re kind and you always keep it real) so I’m sure she didn’t see my question. But when I remember as how Canadianfly will remind us that it’s nobody’s job to answer us here, I jejely borrowed myself brain and just completed the application like that. @Wizean, my personal person also helped in answering.
I tried to keep it simple but very honest. Had only two LOEs. One to explain one of my travels that developed k-leg. Two, my gift deed and relationship with the giver. I didn’t even write the 2 LOEs well. Na only Dear Sir/Madam I remember to put, no formal closing....lol...tension tinz. I didn’t pay for RPRF at this time.

Post AOR—— I initially didn’t want to join a group ‘cos it’s not funny, waking up in the morning and finding over a thousand unread whatsapp messages. But, umunnem na umunnam, I now had to, ‘cos no man is an island on this journey o. I first joined the mixed whatsapp group...Indians and others but biko, my worry levels dey learn work for where those people own dey. Chineke meh!!! My MEP/BIL didn’t come at exactly one month, it came a few days after and this group did not help me. Sometimes I will not just check the chat for sanity purposes. Now, when I got MEP, because I wasn’t based in Lagos, I didn’t go for Biometrics immediately. I went about 2 weeks after. (Dec 3). That went fine. Then “de-main, de-main” waiting commenced. I decided to use that time to process for a new Intl passport as my current was due to expire June of 2019. Heard there was scarcity of passport in Lagos but luckily there was none at my location so, had that done and raised a CSE uploading the new copy. CiC acknowledged.
All this was in Dec 2018/Jan 2019.
The wait continued and in Feb or so I raised CSE to know my visa office and discovered it was Ottawa. I decided I wasn’t going to order notes or whatever but the silence was deafening. I joined our Nigerian/nairaland Oct whatsapp group through daks02 just to be sure say nobi only me waka come o. I appreciate members of that group and they have kept me company and increased my knowledge base further till date while cracking my ribs at times.
By March 9, 2019, I decided to order my notes to know how far. Only the notes now arrived few days after I had received PPR. I didn’t bother calling although I would have, if I had hit the 6-months mark.
One sure thing was that, 3-4 days in every week after AOR, before commencing my office task, I logged on to check my profile....(SMH). Like a hawk, my eyes were following everything.
Then from nowhere, April 2, I saw that application/profile updated (d ghost). Next day, April 3rd, RPRF request. I just dey happy for my spirit, then I go con calm down again when I remember say, this relocating matter is not for the faint hearted sha o- as per job hunt and all.
I made the RPRF payment April 6. Logged in again April 8th and noticed another profile update (my 3rd ghost visitation). So I hurried quickly to my email and there again sitting confidently was my Ready for Visa Mail. I was numb!!! (Numb as par say, e don set o, shebi this thing wey u dey find, u don see am o, beginning of next phase) loooolllll....the happiness set in days later.

You see, for me, everything about this whole process was mainly knowledge from only 2 places. 1) This Express Entry Thread and 2) The IRCC abi Na CiC website......That application checklist was my second bible after this thread—-The Parts 2,3 and 4 but 3 is the Baba.
This my gist had to be long because I gained immensely from people’s stories, tuppence and help even with the littlest of details. If Nigeria allowed some of the guys on this particular EE thread to hold positions in power/government, we probably would not be relocating. All manners of characters (looolllll) but kind and intelligent.
To the people who in one way or the other played a personal role to make this reality for me @Zandora (creating this thread), Onlineise, GlitteringStar2, Newmum0615,
Balogunsam, Daks02, Wizean, the page 1 consolidation and consistent update Team (from Cochrane, Mcstan18 & co.), thank you all ‘cos you made it so easy for me without my spending an extra kobo. If you’re here and I reached out to you yet left you out somehow in these mentions, I lie down flat for ground, naw vex but to every single soul here contributing and dedicating their time, knowledge, whatever, I say a big thank you and I appreciate you cos even with the negatives, I learnt.
@Ifeoma77, I must still commend you cos you’re like the full package- I havnt seen you before, I don’t know you, (mba ooo, I’m not a guy) but what is beauty without a kind heart? I’m just a sister appreciating another sister wey dey try cos if person dey do wetin you possibly no fit do, you go hail am!!!!).
The key to it all is Determination, Focus, Thirst for research and hard work, with God (or whatever it is you believe in) as Foundation and bedrock.

For all those, who left me congratulatory messages, thank you so much and forgive me for not responding one by one. I love you all.
I pray for success for all on this thread, I hope to meet some of us one day in our new home. May joy never depart from our lives. Amen.

Prof Ralph and Ladymarshall, I dey wait una review.

Peace Out!!

Selzsky:

It’s PPR family!!!!!

IELTS April 21, 2018 (L=8.5, R=9, S=8, W=7—-BC
ECA - Ist week of May
CRS Score—-440
Entry into Pool: May 7, 2018
ITA —-Oct 15, 2018(Draw Score 440)
AOR —-Oct 20, 2018
MEP——Nov 21/22 (not too sure again)
Ghost update 1—-(2 days later)
Biometrics (Dec 3)
GCMS Order—-(March 8, 2019)—yet to receive it till date
2nd Ghost update (April 2)
RPRF request (April 3)
RPRF paid (April 6)
3rd Ghost/PPR (April cool
No ADRs
Visa Office —-Ottawa
Single Applicant

Main gist——wait for it cos it’s definitely coming !!!

Meanwhile, congrats to all PPR clinchers at this time

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TFCfootball: 10:48am On Apr 13, 2019
COPR:

So from what I understand by this, it means there is no point writing an LOE that I was paid in cash. If my reference letter states cash, then there is no need mentioning it in my LOE.
The only reason i am writing an LOE is because I have pay slips for my current job that I want ti upload but I don't want uploading this pay slips to make my previous employment look doutbful.
From your response, I think I have three options
1) upload what I have for each period of employment and don't write an LOE
2) upload just reference letters for both places and keep it simple
3) Go back to my ex boss.

Again I am using 100 percent gift deed so i believe CIC are unlikely to be so concerned about my pay slips and bank statement, number 2 could just be the least stressful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Avidreader748: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2019
evarukomadu:
Hello house,

What kind of slight mistake is that?

When did you write WAEC? Ie year.

WAEC won't correct it. It's already in their record.

And affidavit will do.
As long as your name matches with credentials that appear on all the documents.

If it makes you sleep better at night, attach the affidavit in your form and send together to WES.

It doesn't matter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Avidreader748: 11:10am On Apr 13, 2019
Selzsky:

A very Loooong Post Alert!!!!! It’s not a “cherekambia” kind of read. It’s a settle down, AC/fan on, leg on da stool, wine in the glass by the side- kind of read.

For all those, who left me congratulatory messages, thank you so much and forgive me for not responding one by one. I love you all.
I pray for success for all on this thread, I hope to meet some of us one day in our new home. May joy never depart from our lives. Amen.

Peace Out!!

No be small cheere ka m bia post.

Congratulations ma'am.

May Canada favour you and yours.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2019
TFCfootball:

So from what I understand by this, it means there is no point writing an LOE that I was paid in cash. If my reference letter states cash, then there is no need mentioning it in my LOE.
The only reason i am writing an LOE is because I have pay slips for my current job that I want ti upload but I don't want uploading this pay slips to make my previous employment look doutbful.
From your response, I think I have three options
1) upload what I have for each period of employment and don't write an LOE
2) upload just reference letters for both places and keep it simple
3) Go back to my ex boss.

Again I am using 100 percent gift deed so i believe CIC are unlikely to be so concerned about my pay slips and bank statement, number 2 could just be the least stressful.
My situation is very similar and i was advised here to write a letter of explanation, which i did even though my reference letter didn't state whether i was paid in cash. Now that someone else is saying it's a problem, i think you should do what you are comfortable with.

In my opinion, CIC is more concerned about whether you were paid or not and not the mode of payment. If the mode of payment is going to be an issue, then take it out as long as if it's verified you are good to go.

I would have gone with just reference letters in my case but i don't have strong faith in the military organisation that i did my NYSC, those guys are difficult and may refuse to release any information during verification. The military likes saying their information is classified and not to be released.

I just hope my letter stating cash doesn't become a problem for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by excellently: 11:10am On Apr 13, 2019
Pls could you also send me study materials

adenikeO:
Kindly refer to the attachment, and yes I can share the materials with you.

N:B: The reading material isn't very comprehensive but it helped to an extent, I did a lot of reading on the internet. Kindly send me a pm for the materials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by excellently: 11:12am On Apr 13, 2019
Pls could you share your study materials if you still have them

Sthill5:
Guys please I'm getting too many DMs about the BCS exam.

I didn't sit for the exams in Nigeria..it was in London back in 2011 without knowing that it would help for canada immigration.
adenikeo already gave a breakdown on sitting for the exam in Nigeria.
She said: I did Certificate in IT.
The next available exam date is in September, March sitting is closed. I used roughly 2 months to prepare with prior knowledge in IT.
N.B: The results for September will be out in December, so weigh your options properly.

You'll pay a membership annual fee that costs 37 pounds, then each module below in Certificate in IT cost 40 pounds each.

Information Systems
Software Development
Computer & Network Technology

Exam Subtotal :120 pounds
Membership annual fee: 37 pounds
Grand total: 157 pounds.

That's roughly about 74,000 naira.

If you need more info, please contact the British council

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MumofTwins2017: 11:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Great News!! Congratulations..
Obi1conte:
I got ppr this morning guys. I'm coming back with my story.
AOR 16TH OCT 2018
PPR 12TH APRIL 2019
Visa office Accra

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2019
Selzsky:

Lol. I read every word, beginning to end. You sound like an amazing person, an open book & a kind hearted human. May God bless you & may the land yield its best for you. Congratulations.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:27am On Apr 13, 2019
swaga007:

Thanks alot bro...so I can upload it for both countries.

Yes boss. They're one and the same country.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2019
nelronaldo:

My situation is very similar and i was advised here to write a letter of explanation, which i did even though my reference letter didn't state whether i was paid in cash. Now that someone else is saying it's a problem, i think you should do what you are comfortable with.

In my opinion, CIC is more concerned about whether you were paid or not and not the mode of payment. If the mode of payment is going to be an issue, then take it out as long as if it's verified you are good to go.

I would have gone with just reference letters in my case but i don't have strong faith in the military organisation that i did my NYSC, those guys are difficult and may refuse to release any information during verification. The military likes saying their information is classified and not to be released.

I just hope my letter stating cash doesn't become a problem for me

It's actually NOT a problem if your reference letter didn't state that you were paid in cash. Personally, I know quite a number of people who didn't state salary cash payment in their reference letters but wrote LOEs to buttress this and they're now PRs in Canada, my sister included.

There's a guy who did not even state in his reference letter that he was paid in cash, neither did he write an LOE. See his post here.

This other guy was paid in cash and stated it in his reference letter, attached his employment letter and wrote an LOE that he didn't have pay slips. See here.

Don't sweat about it bro. Like you rightly put it, do what you're comfortable with.

cc: @TFCfootball, @tolfa, @COPR

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2019
Selzsky:

Congrats, go and prosper

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 11:54am On Apr 13, 2019
Great contribution.

I hope it is just refusal without ban.

freshdad:
Hello house and congrats to everyone who's scaled one hurdle or the other (ifeoma big congrats)

Just want to share a story... Please let's all endeavor to follow the rules laid out by cic. My childhood friend who convinced me on this journey just got refused.

He claimed points from a sibling who's temporarily out of Canada. When they got ita, I told them I'd read both here and on cic website that the family member must be residing in Canada as at the time of filing the application but his wife said she was on some group and was told it's not a biggie. As at the time-last August, I hadn't even passed ielts so my opinion wasn't good enough so I kept quiet.

They submitted in sept got 3adrs in November, December and February all pointing to the same thing--additional proof of sibling in Canada, in particular, the officer requested for utility bills because that was the only thing missing which could convince the vo the sibling was resident in Canada.

After over 6months, the dude decided to refuse them so they are back to the board.

Please don't let one group admin or padi who's not related to the members of the governing council of cic tell you what is not...

There are requirements, please follow them.

Back to hibernation. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Edmontonlad(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2019
Hello people,

I have good news to share.

In January 2019, the Canadian government launched a new program for foreign immigrants. It's Called RURAL AND NORTHERN IMMIGRATION PILOT. It consists of 5 provinces and 3 territories of Canada. Alberta, Manitoba Saks etc. I can't remember the rest of the province.

List of qualified provinces and territories will be announced April 29th 2019 and applications will commence.
We don't know yet if it will be as a PRODUCTION or government will issue 5 years work permit and thereafter, PR. You can read more on wwe.canada.ca or Google Rural and northern immigration pilot.

Speculations are, it will not be as cumbersome as EE as government wants immigrants to embrace the opportunity and fill the gaps in the northern and rural areas of the 5 provinces and 3 territories.

You'd be wondering, am I going to Canada to stay in their village?
Before you subject yourself to such thinking, ask yourself, does Lagos have 24/7 electricity?
The Canadian governments doesn't think like ours. They gave requirements for every participating provinces and territories.

So we pray it will be on PR basis. And it is, haleluya!

Porsche.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
Selzsky:

Peace Out!!

grin grin Had a good laugh reading this. Congrats Selzsky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.