Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,698 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (855986 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
bests:
To God be the Glory now and always.
Got my PPR in approximately 6months(5days before estimated completion date).

IELTS messed me up like 3 times all because of listening, finally I had 8.0 averagely using MOD(September 2018) and had a score of 468 with my masters.

While attempting IELTS my ECA was already completed by WES.

AOR - October 15
Medical/BIM- November 14
PPR- April 12

Single applicant
VO- Ottawa

Kip on Trusting Master Jesus!
Congratulations!!!! Go and prosper in your new country

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
Deniceone:

Thanks to every one for all the congratulatory messages and well wishes. May God meet us all at our various points of need in Jesus name. Amen

I am very sorry I am not good writer. I wish I could call someone up and tell him/her the story of my journey and have them write it cos I really really enjoy reading PPR stories grin
My application was basically simple and straight forward.
For IELTS St Joseph of Cupertino's prayer and novena came through.
Proof of Employment came with ease, employment letter, promotion letter, pay slips, and letter from HR in CIC format.
Proof of Sibling was Marriage certificate showing same parents, and attestation for both of us.
( I got attestation by proxy for my sibling. (I d carry am go give am for canada) grin wink
Proof of Fund was a clear act of God. Used notarized gift deed. I Left the lump sum in my account no treasury bills or fixed deposit. Submitted 6 months statement with a letter from the bank that was almost in CiC format.
My advice, please just start the process and see how u will receive wisdom on how to get funds.
Proof of marriage;
Did my court marriage after ITA. submitted my church wedding certificate, wedding pictures, and court marriage cert.
No LOE

I read all the pages of this thread, in fact I studied it. And it was worth it. The wealth of knowledge on this forum is beyond measure. Thanks to all who have researched and used their 'data' wink grin to put info on the thread.
Special thanks to Smlive, and vickyehi, they assisted me with info when I needed it.
The way we have supported each other on this journey makes me know there's hope for Nigeria, I mean 'we good people' and 'great nation' later wink
See y'all in Canada!

Congratulations again.
Your situation is interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I understood it; you got ITA as a single person and got AOR as married? Did your spouse do ECA or IELTS? Were your scores high enough to make up for the loss in points or are points locked in at ITA?
Please expatiate, because you're about to become a reference point

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
bests:
Got my PPR in approximately 6months

AOR - October 15
Medical/BIM- November 14
PPR- April 12

Single applicant
VO- Ottawa

Congratulations!!!!! May Canada favour you! Thank you so much for giving back to the thread!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
You have to have stayed 2 out of the 5 years to maintain your PR Status. For citizenship, 3 of out 5.
bigwizzy001:

Please I've been meaning to ask. If someone does soft landing and comes back to Nigeria, how long must one stay back here before going back to Canada and won't it slow down one's year of becoming a citizen in the long run?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gec8: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
AzariahYaa:

Yes I have done mine. It costs 10k. I went with my International Passport, Two passport photographs (i think the ASP ended up using only one. But it is safe to go with two photos, just in case) and the money. That's all. You can send me a PM if you care to have the ASP's contact.

Thanks Azariah.

I'd appreciate his number too, I just sent you a PM. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2019
Safely landing in Nigeria? Technically you aren't supposed to send your PR card by mail or have someone bring it to you. If found, it can be confiscated.
etrange:

Good morning.

Logically, each day you spend outside Canada after landing prolongs your citizenship by a day considering the requirements. However, this shouldn't deter you from doing what you think is the right thing for you at the present time.

You should be more concerned about your PR card safely landing in Nigeria after soft landing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Suspectzero(m): 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
Trust me, Jesus isn't up there trying to get Nigerians into Canada. It's a simple process. You met the requirements, followed the procedure and got the P.R. Nothing spiritual about it.

bests:

IELTS messed me up like 3 times all because of listening, finally I had 8.0 averagely using MOD(September 2018) and had a score of 468 with my masters.

AOR - October 15
Medical/BIM- November 14
PPR- April 12

Single applicant
VO- Ottawa

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Deniceone: 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Congratulations again.
Your situation is interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I understood it; you got ITA as a single person and got AOR as married? Did your spouse do ECA or IELTS? Were your scores high enough to make up for the loss in points or are points locked in at ITA?
Please expatiate, because you're about to become a reference point
Pardon my error,
My church wedding was 3 years ago so i entered the pool as married, got ITA as married, only after ITA I decided to do court and add to my church wedding cert.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
Stencil:
Safely landing in Nigeria? Technically you aren't supposed to send your PR card by mail or have someone bring it to you. If found, it can be confiscated.

Thus the reason I said the poster should be more concerned about how to get his PR card back home after soft-landing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ifeoluwakintan: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
Congrats bro @wasseynewest !
Please what did you submit with your PPR at VFS?
Did you complete the IMM008 and Additional Family information form despite your family composition didn't change?
Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by WaleCanada: 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
Suspectzero:
Trust me, Jesus isn't up there trying to get Nigerians into Canada. It's a simple process. You met the requirements, followed the procedure and got the P.R. Nothing spiritual about it.

If only you know better undecided undecided undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
I have replied. Kindly check your email. All the best.
Gec8:

Thanks Azariah.

I'd appreciate his number too, I just sent you a PM. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Onomejohanna: 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
Please I do need help in deciding my NOC. my job description is admin assistant but I need clarifications on whether my JD matches Noc 1241. below are my duties NOTE that I worked in a primary school.
1. undertaking under the supervision of the principal the day to day book keeping and general accounting duties including receipting and ordering.
2. Assisting the principal with the end of year financial proceedures by way of manual systems
undertaking routine telephone duties, taking messages, noting appointments and other reception duties
3. Enrolling students, assisting teachers in the classroom and caring for the sick or distressed students
4.Maintaining filing , indexing or record systems
5. Arranging quotations for the purchase, maintenance and disposal of office and classroom equipment
6.using computer based programs to design, layout and print school publications and learning materials
7. photocopying, duplicating and printing of school documents and learning materials
8.ordering, purchasing, receiving, dispatching and stocking materials, goods and consumables including compiling orders, unpacking checking sorting and storing items and maintaining inventories
9. servicing school committees including processing and distribution of minutes
10. preparing and maintaining learning environment and materials or resources at a suitable standard.
P.S will I include all these information in my REFERENCE LETTER. Please seniors in the house I need you guys help urgently. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mimi1999: 11:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
Suspectzero:

Yimu
is it your spirituality?���

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Onomejohanna:
Please I do need help in deciding my NOC. my job description is admin assistant but I need clarifications on whether my JD matches Noc 1241. below are my duties NOTE that I worked in a primary school.
1. undertaking under the supervision of the principal the day to day book keeping and general accounting duties including receipting and ordering.
2. Assisting the principal with the end of year financial proceedures by way of manual systems
undertaking routine telephone duties, taking messages, noting appointments and other reception duties
3. Enrolling students, assisting teachers in the classroom and caring for the sick or distressed students
4.Maintaining filing , indexing or record systems
5. Arranging quotations for the purchase, maintenance and disposal of office and classroom equipment
6.using computer based programs to design, layout and print school publications and learning materials
7. photocopying, duplicating and printing of school documents and learning materials
8.ordering, purchasing, receiving, dispatching and stocking materials, goods and consumables including compiling orders, unpacking checking sorting and storing items and maintaining inventories
9. servicing school committees including processing and distribution of minutes
10. preparing and maintaining learning environment and materials or resources at a suitable standard.
P.S will I include all these information in my REFERENCE LETTER. Please seniors in the house I need you guys help urgently. Thanks

Yes, you can include all these in the letter. The most important is to ensure that a considerable number of duties listed in your JD correlates with main duties listed in your selected NOC.

NOC 1241 seems to be the closest to your JD as your job is an office administrative assistant/school secretary one. I have marked (in red) your duties with the NOC main duties (listed below) which I think best fit, please look through and confirm.

- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy - 6,7 & 10
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations - 7 & 9
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer - 2
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory - 5 & 8
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages - 2
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems - 4
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings - 9
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations - 2
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities - 10
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
- May organize conferences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mimi1999:
Yimu
is it your spirituality?���
Help me ask ooo. Let us believe this Jesus and propagate our belief in him in peace. Is it too much to ask?

It is downright rude to make it a duty to put down other people's beliefs. Respect their space man, especially when this is not a discourse about religion.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bigwizzy001(m): 11:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
iaatmguy:
you must be in the country for at least 2years. You must spend at least 3 years in the country.

At least 2 years, at least 3 years. I'm confused. What are you trying to say? What country because we're comparing 2 different countries here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 12:08am On Apr 15, 2019
bigwizzy001:

At least 2 years, at least 3 years. I'm confused. What are you trying to say? What country because we're comparing 2 different countries here?

Lol. Basically, to maintain your PR status, you must be physically present in Canada for 2 years in every 5-year period.

For citizenship, you will be eligible to apply after you have stayed in Canada as a Permanent Resident for at least 3 years out of 5 years.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ugomaxx: 12:33am On Apr 15, 2019
@ Asking
It costs #35k and can be done online, However it's faster if you've requested before, which obviously you've not. There is also the option of going down to Nsukka to do it in person. Follow up is key either way. Hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by olamse: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2019
[quote author=Ifeoma77 post=775361 thanks to you all. I appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 4:21am On Apr 15, 2019
ladymarshall:
@toyinana, how far dear?

Thanks sis, am just coming back on the thread after a long while. Am unable to download your last feed backed hence my inability to communicate you appropriately coupled with few other reasons I will discuss with you via mail. Thanks for looking out for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by isinmi3: 5:18am On Apr 15, 2019
Topsmamen:

Seeing as you couldn't get reference letters from LUTH and NYSC, you'd have to write the reference letters yourself on plain paper and notarize them. Ensure you include your work hours, period worked (from/to dates), salary, job title/description and most importantly, ensure your responsibilities match the NOCs you are claiming work experience for and take care not to write them verbatim. Also write an LOE explaining why you could not get reference letters from your employers or attach a written evidence of this (if any) from your employer.

In addition to the reference letters, for LUTH, any other supporting documents such as your ID card, email correspondences, pay slips, your salary account showing your salary payments etc should suffice. For NYSC, your employment letter, ID card and bank statement showing NYSC allowance deposits will do.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 5:59am On Apr 15, 2019
Thank you so much.

FirstTImeUser:

Oh....
Congratulations
I am so happy for you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 6:46am On Apr 15, 2019
bigwizzy001:

you asked two different questions
(1) 2 years in Canada within five years of you receiving PR status,
(2) spend 3 years in the country for you to be eligible for citizenship

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princeofcanada: 6:55am On Apr 15, 2019
Good morning,

What is the implication of a dependant(spouse) adding her work history in the application. This was added pre-ITA and it came up post ITA. Please note that if spouse work history is deleted, then the option on NO work history will be selected.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Onomejohanna: 6:58am On Apr 15, 2019
Topsmamen:

Yes, you can include all these in the letter. The most important is to ensure that a considerable number of duties listed in your JD correlates with main duties listed in your selected NOC.

NOC 1241 seems to be the closest to your JD as your job is an office administrative assistant/school secretary one. I have marked (in red) your duties with the NOC main duties (listed below) which I think best fit, please look through and confirm.

- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy - 6,7 & 10
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations - 7 & 9
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer - 2
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory - 5 & 8
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages - 2
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems - 4
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings - 9
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations - 2
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities - 10
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
- May organize conferences.
Thanks for responding
please are you saying I should leave out duty number 3 and tailor my REFERENCE letter with the new JD you did or how should I do it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2019
Congrats oooo

This was a good PPR script.

I will rate this a 9.6/10...

I have been AWOL too... so haven't been keeping up as much as i should. sad sad

bouqounmie:
VERY VERY LONG POST ALERT

I had been feeling down for a week and actually decided to type this on Monday as a therapy and put my PPR date as 10/04/2019 but hey what is one day? grin
I was jejely taking lunch this afternoon and my second son was fighting me for it, then i got an email alert, saw it was a "do not reply mail", omo, i no know when i drop the food o.
All in all, i am very grateful to God. 9months 18day wait was no joke but hey, the joy of PPR has overriden that. For everyone still expectant, may your joy be full and your expectation will not be cut off.

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 8:00am On Apr 15, 2019
Congrats bro!

Seems AVO is now very fast ooo

We await your script!!

Obi1conte:
I got ppr this morning guys. I'm coming back with my story.
AOR 16TH OCT 2018
PPR 12TH APRIL 2019
Visa office Accra

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2019
princeofcanada:
Good morning,

What is the implication of a dependant(spouse) adding her work history in the application. This was added pre-ITA and it came up post ITA. Please note that if spouse work history is deleted, then the option on NO work history will be selected.

Why would a dependant add work experience

Work experience is only needed from PA. You have to produce evidence for any work experience you put under work history. Spouse work experience should be placed under personal history, therefore no documents required.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2019
Congratulations ooo..

Than God it has ended in praise. Thanks for sharing your PPR script in a detailed way.

I will rate this script 9.4/10.

Kudos to you.

Go and shine in the new land.

God bless!

Selzsky:

A very Loooong Post Alert!!!!! It’s not a “cherekambia” kind of read. It’s a settle down, AC/fan on, leg on da stool, wine in the glass by the side- kind of read.

Prof Ralph and Ladymarshall, I dey wait una review.

Peace Out!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2019
bests:

AOR - October 15
Medical/BIM- November 14
PPR- April 12

Single applicant
VO- Ottawa

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bigwizzy001(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2019
Stencil:
You have to have stayed 2 out of the 5 years to maintain your PR Status. For citizenship, 3 of out 5.

thanks �

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.