Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857180 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rhemagrace(f): 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
Apply as single, get ITA, accept it, marry her and then add her to your application.

ambo1:
URGENT!!!
Please my elders here help a brother out...i just passed the ielts and am about to start the process. The issue is that am planning to get married to my girl, and she is in her final year in university, when I calculated my score it fell to 449 as against 471 in case I intend to apply as a single person. Do I apply as single so that when I get there I come and pick her or is there any way around it? I am open to ideas.... Please help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
If her school in Nigeria is this important to her, let her do a soft landing and go back.
Spousal sponsorship is an often laborious process. You won't believe what people have to go through. If you can avoid it then why not?

ambo1:
Thanks guys for your prompt response, may God continue to bless you guys. I have really gained alot from your contributions. Another question is what if after marriage I do not want her to accompany me immediately because she's still in school, do I have to provide POF for 2 people? Secondly can you guys add me to a group for express entry. Thanks and a happy easter to u guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 55emem55: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I'm not seeing any problem here. There is no law anywhere that says you can only have 3 names
But you know, Bvn doesnt approve 4 names, even international passport, nimc and the likes. He's going to change it back to 3 names (first name, middle name and Father's first name as surname). Just hoping it wont be much of an issue.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Unless she worked in Canada and claimed points for the job, please move it to personal history and correct it.

Itzchord:
Please @ all the savvy elders, I have a daunting issue. I am the primary applicant for EE and we just recently got an ITA; however, the problem is that my wife's NOC was mistakenly filled as Admin assistant instead of Admin officer when we entered the pool. Please can I still change it or just go ahead with the assistant thingy?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Influential101: 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
femez14:
My people i need your contribution ooo, i work with my dad and i have 3 years work experience as operations manager in the company. It is actually an enterprise but it is registered. I have my employment letter and my pay slips with my tax certificate with me. How do i claim points for work experience due to the fact that it is my fathers company?
Can he sign for me and give me a refrence letter?
I will be very greatful if you can enlighten me and put me through.
Thanks so much
You can claim work experience since it was paid and you even have evidence for that....and you are being paid through the bank right?

However, I will suggest another member of the Company writes the reference for you..may be another manager or director..

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mercy0419: 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Thank you @ladymarshall.
ladymarshall:
Bank statements for the period you worked and are claiming points for.

If it is the same bank statement as in your savings you are using for POF, you should provide the last 6 months before your application submission

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Chief, you are on page 1. You can see everything written there and you are still asking questions.

Kazeemakeem:

Good day guru's

I want to apply for Canada express visa, I have my international passport but I want to inquire on process I can apply on. My own to avoid 419,and how do I go about it, I actually want to relocate. Work.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oakville19: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
55emem55:

But you know, Bvn doesnt approve 4 names, even international passport, nimc and the likes. He's going to change it back to 3 names (first name, middle name and Father's first name as surname). Just hoping it wont be much of an issue.

That is incorrect for international passport and bank account , my MIL has 3 first names (Chidera Olubusayo Halima)and 2 last names (Obi-Yusuf)on her passport and bank account and has never had any issue with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
My dear. I mailed the mod once and still got freed only when the ban time had passed.

Ifeoma77:

Antispambot has loose screws in its 'head'.
Whenever you get banned and you're sure you didn't break any rules, just mail the travel section mod. He'll release you from the ban

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yhkl: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
[quote author=Stencil post=77657051]If I understand correctly, you are the primary applicant and the only thing stopping you from adding your spouse is IELTS?
So we are looking at studying for a few weeks for IELTS vs Sponsoring your spouse, waiting for a year or so and hoping for the best?

Your spouse would still have to do medicals. You would still have to show POF that includes him/her.

What would be your CRS if your spouse scores a minimum of 6666 on all modules?
Calculate that before you decide.

Good Luck!

NB: I'm an advocate for accompanying spouse if it can be helped. I've seen so many "Spouse not interested" posts, especially about husbands ..lol
Umunwanyi biko use your power. He will see reason sooner or later.

Thank you very much. Lols, my husband is not interested yet oooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ronie24(f): 9:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
wasseynewest:
Pm me boss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
Topsmamen:

The typical 5 famous ADRs from AVO are: Bank statement showing salary deposits, payslips, Proof of Funds, Schedule A and Additional family information forms. This could differ for applicants though.

It’s not a guarantee that your file is moved to AVO for processing if you submit in July. Just submit your application when you can and hope for a good and speedy processing in whatever VO your application ends up. Godspeed.

Is it only Accra visa office that demands for these ADRs, and why are they like that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ikpenmhosa: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hi all. Please what can be written on a reference letter whereby one was paid in cash, and no pay slips given. Is there any other thing that can be used or will a reference letter stating that I was paid in cash and that the company does not give out payslips suffice. Also, is it possible to see a reference letter sample please. Thanks in anticipation everyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Deoooooor(f): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
archer7:
Hello house, I have been following this thread occasionally but finally ready to make the move. My wife is going to be the primary applicant based on CRS scores however we need clarity on the following:

Her current passport with her maiden name expires in 2021, will it be wise to start EE profile with it or better for her to get a new passport showing her marital status with new name before we start the EE profile?

Thank you.

I had 2yrs validity on my passport bearing my maiden name, but I changed to my marital before applying,its best that way, passports can be fast tracked no so no shaking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ikpenmhosa:
Hi all. Please what can be written on a reference letter whereby one was paid in cash, and no pay slips given. Is there any other thing that can be used or will a reference letter stating that I was paid in cash and that the company does not give out payslips suffice. Also, is it possible to see a reference letter sample please. Thanks in anticipation everyone.

Let your employer state "salary paid in cash" or something. See a reference letter sample here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amoskitto: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Please is there anyone that knows who can help with WES verification from Uniben? I have been stuck at the verification stage for over a month now; 2 weeks ago, my contact from Exams and Records said that they had sent the verification back to WES; but WES claims not to have received any email. The problem is my contact in Uniben does not pick my calls anymore; I live and work full time in Lagos, and I'm trying to avoid having to travel all the way to Benin just for this final stage of the ECA process.
I would immensely appreciate any suggestions from someone who has done this before with Uniben.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ikpenmhosa: 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Deoooooor:

I had 2yrs validity on my passport bearing my maiden name, but I changed to my marital before applying,its best that way, passports can be fast tracked no so no shaking

With regards to this. I have evaluated my WES, booked my IELTS, and renewed my passport all with my maiden name. Would it be wise to do a name change now or just bone, because I have actually been boning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ikpenmhosa: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Topsmamen:

Let your employer state "salary paid in cash" or something. See a reference letter sample here.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
kentoski:

Is it only Accra visa office that demands for these ADRs, and why are they like that?

Accra is well known for sending the famous 5 and no one can tell why they do what they do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hello fam, so I want to ask. Is it possible to add a spouse after submitting your application I.e. post AOR? What are the challenges? Will it complicate the whole process?

Or is it advisable to just get your PPR as a single and then invite your spouse?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by SELMACHAPA: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Searched**
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
Congrats. Go prosper

kriyobt:
Its PPR guys.

Decision to travel- February 2018
ECA- 28/6/2018
IELTS- 13/10/2018
CRS Score- 446
ITA- 29/10/2018. (Draw score) 442
AOR- 12/11/2018
MEP/BIL- 12/12/2018
Ghost Update- 13/12/2018
Biometrics Completed- 14/12/2018
ADR for RPRF- 16/01/2019 (Payment made same day)
Ordered for GCMS note- 14/02/2019
GCMS note received- 19/03/2019
PPR- 17/04/2019
Passport Transmitted- 18/04/2019
AOR to PPR- 156 days
VO: Ottawa
Single Applicant

I believed in the Nigerian dream until I graduated from school. However, I was never interested in any 'back-door' process.

It all started with a visit to the Travel section of Nairaland sometime in 2017, I found and read through the process for Australia, I left it for a long while came in October 2017 during my search I found the process for Canada. I researched about life in both countries and their processes and settled for Canada. I read page 0 of part 2 and 3 and started following the thread from part 3. In February 2018, I decided I was ready.

ECA: Registered with WES in the second week of February, all documents got to them in 2 weeks. The first school verified without issues after payment, it took 2 months to complete the second verification. Hardcopy ECA was delivered on 4th of September.
Sometime in October my contact in the second school called that they have received hardcopy verification mail from WES and requested I pay for verification via courier shocked. I told them not to bother that the verification have been completed a long time ago.

IELTS:
This IELTS show me pepper ehh.
1) LRWS: 8.5, 7, 6.5, 7 (Applied for EOR, came back unchanged) {BC}
2) LRWS: 7, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5
3) LRWS: 7.5, 8, 7, 8.5
4) LRWS: 8.5, 8.5, 6.5, 8 (Applied for EOR, came back unchanged)
5) LRWS: 7.5, 8, 6, 7.5 {BC}
6) LRWS: 8, 9, 7, 8
7) LRWS: 8.5,8.5, 7, 8
I wrote my first IELTS in March 2018 with so much confidence but writing messed me up. I joined Cochrane’s webinar (God bless you bros), there was improvement (in writing) on the second and third test as seen above but I lost concentration during Listening both times.
After my sixth Speaking test, I registered for another exam as I felt the speaking was not okay. Omo, when I saw my result it felt like PPR, I laid on the ground and sang in praises to GOD. I was smiling like a fool throughout the day.
I was advised not to bother writing the 7th exam whereby I have already gotten what I needed, one guy said IELTS dey drain blood. As I no want make my money waste I decided to write the exam and the result was even better. With 6th result my CRS was 443 and after the 7th I was at 446.

At some point when I was facing this challenge my best friend tried persuading me to follow some backyard visa route an agent was proposing to him and I declined. He got pissed and said I too like due process, say make I no go waste time lose everything. I was devastated, but I continued to tell myself that “the only person who needs to believe in a vision is the person who saw the vision”. Today here we are cheesy.

POF: 100% Gift from my dad. I submitted Oando exchange rate equivalent, Treasury bills Certificate, Transfer receipt, Notarized gift deed, 6 months bank statement and generic reference letter from my bank. When my Tbills matured I moved the money to mutual funds and did not inform CIC about it.

Medicals: Booked an appointment with Qlife with a November date and requested they call me if an earlier date became available. I was called when an earlier date became available and I took it.

PCC: ASP Moshood to the rescue.

REFERENCE LETTER and NOC: I was stuck on NOC code, so I reached out to the NOC queen- Newmum0615 (wonderful woman) sent her two NOC codes and she approved the one I was thinking. The next day she said she got a better NOC and it was a perfect match. Throughout my search I never came across the NOC the later sent to me.
I make adjustment to the JD, took it to my boss who approved it and sent to HR. I got to HR office and the lady started adding things wey nobody send am, claiming that she has been writing letters to embassy for others. She initially refused to even add my JD saying it’s not needed on a reference letter. After so much back and forth, I sha begged and she later wrote it the way I wanted.

I created my EE profile on 25th October using 2 years’ experience as the other company I worked for is defunct and I wanted to keep my application simple. When I got ITA, I wasn’t as happy as I felt when I passed IELTS. It took me 2 days to even login to my profile to accept the ITA. After AOR I told myself that PPR will come before 3 months little did I know I was only fooling myself. When I crossed the 3 month mark, I believed strongly that it will come in the fifth month as that have been the trend with Ottawa. I also never bothered joining any Whatsapp group for the sake my sanity.

On 16th January while in a bus going home I started sneezing uncontrollably and I kept telling myself that IRCC was calling me, lo and behold when I got home it was indeed IRCC calling me to pay RPRF wink, payment was made same night. Then the silence began, I initially told myself say I no go order GCMS note but things just dey run through my mind, later ordered the notes…..everything was fine.
When the wait was becoming difficult to bear I resorted to one of my hobbies and graciously got a better job. At this point, I started checking my application once in a while.

My application was on IP2 from AOR to PPR. On 16th April I logged into my profile and found ADR submitted for RPRF have changed to NA. The next morning the golden mail was sitting right in my mail. It has ended in praise.

A big thank you to all contributors on this thread. To those at different stages, keep at it. It will surely end in praise for everyone. To those who are just starting; research, research and research….

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 55emem55: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oakville19:

That is incorrect for international passport and bank account , my MIL has 3 first names (Chidera Olubusayo Halima)and 2 last names (Obi-Yusuf)on her passport and bank account and has never had any issue with it.
Thanks, but I'm talking about BVN not bank account, BVN did not & does not accept 4 names. It could be accepted for international passport, but then again, not everyone can be your MIL who didnt have an issue with it, this is Nigeria. Many thanks for your input. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 55emem55: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kaylov12: 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Adva45:
Just saw my ielts result. I am very sad. Had lswr 6.5, 7,7,7. This is my last chance. What can I do? Can I be accepted into the pool? Can I go the route of provincial nomination? Can I ask for a remark?

Who says it's your last chance? Did you read the ppr script of a lady who wrote ielts 8 times before getting the maximum score. Don't give up yet, the last chance is after you have got your desired band. As par the money, God will provide. It is too early to quit!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Congrats. Go and prosper

[quote author=hereandnow65 post=77715418]It’s PPR guys.

TIMELINE

quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oakville19: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
55emem55:

Thanks, but I'm talking about BVN not bank account, BVN did not & does not accept 4 names. It could be accepted for international passport, but then again, not everyone can be your MIL who didnt have an issue with it, this is Nigeria. Many thanks for your input. I appreciate.

You are welcome grin.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
I don't think this is an issue so long as you have valid documents to prove your marital status.
I've seen people who got PPR with their passport bearing their maiden name on thier documents.

BTW hubby says I'll go and do name change in Canny grin

Ikpenmhosa:

With regards to this. I have evaluated my WES, booked my IELTS, and renewed my passport all with my maiden name. Would it be wise to do a name change now or just bone, because I have actually been boning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by foi59: 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hi good people. Please I have few questions to ask as intend to now go on this journey. I'll appreciate your advice
1. I speak French language so for the crs do I have to write ielts and TEF?
2. If I don't have write TEF how would it be known that I speak French (as an advantage in the pool)
3. based on the above information, whigh province would you advice? Ottawa, Quebec or just Alberta. This is important to me cos albeit I'd like a French environment, I'm also concerned about cost of living et al cos I'll be going alone with a child.
Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
Just read through page 366-368...You'll find answers to your question. @joo18, @Topsmamen,@Ifeom77 And @ladymarshall all answered this same question.

All the best.

nelronaldo:
Hello fam, so I want to ask. Is it possible to add a spouse after submitting your application I.e. post AOR? What are the challenges? Will it complicate the whole process?

Or is it advisable to just get your PPR as a single and then invite your spouse?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ikpenmhosa: 12:02am On Apr 22, 2019
yemblaze:
I don't think this is an issue so long as you have valid documents to prove your marital status.
I've seen people who got PPR with their passport bearing their maiden name on thier documents.

BTW hubby says I'll go and do name change in Canny grin

��� thanks. Is there any other document apart from marriage certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 12:27am On Apr 22, 2019
nelronaldo:

Thanks in advance.

I guess we need to add this to Page 1 as this question is being asked repeatedly.

Posts about adding spouse post-AOR can be found: here, here, here, here and someone who added her spouse after AOR is found here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.