Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857217 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chukoo1: 2:01pm On May 10, 2019
The God of Awesome wonders has done it again o

Its PPR
Decision to travel August 2018
IELTS test 8th of September, Result 22nd September (LRWS 8.5,8,7,7 first and only attempt)
ECA started 20th September, completed 9th of November
CRS 450
ITA 15th November 2018 (Draw 449)
AOR 23rd November 2018
MEP 2nd Jan 2019
Biometrics Done 10th Jan
1st CSE 26th Nov (wrong document in my travel placeholder)
PPR 10th may Dated 9th (5months 16days)
Single Applicant
VO Ottawa
No ADR

I always believed in my country so after my masters abroad I felt the time to actually effect the so-called change is now, not minding my friends who were seriously hustling Canny and Aussie PR. I came back with high hopes only to get a job which was very far from living the dream after scouting for 8 solid months, with peanuts as salary and superiors who used my academic qualifications to console themselves. I knew something was to be done and I remembered my siblings and friends who preached about this immigration stuff to me so I rang a friend of mine and immediately started following this awesome family from part 5.

IELTS
With information from my friend and posts on this forum, I registered for IELTS 2 weeks to the exam with the mind-set to re-register immediately after seeing my result. For preparation, I used Liz and Ryan essay for writing, Cambridge Ielts for reading, Youtube Listening daily videos and my sister (believe me teenagers are very good in Listening when they see it as a game) for Listening, and Nothing for Speaking as my friend said that’s a breeze. Wrote on the 8th of Sept and saw result on the 22nd (LRWS 8.5,8,7,7) with L and R adding additional 6points to my estimated 444.

ECA
WES came to the rescue although at that time I felt very impatient with their services. Few days to the release of my English result, I understood the need to process credentials first and so I paid WES to evaluate my master degree and made a request to my school to forward my masters transcript to WES. WES received it on 1st October and completed evaluation on 9th NOV.

PCC
Clearance certificates needed was for Naija and UK.
UK PCC was pretty straight forward as I applied through ACRO website and got it in no distant time.
ASP Moshood came to the rescue as I got it the same day I went for my medical.

WORK EXPERIENCE
I used my previous job which I did for 13 months before leaving for my masters. I submitted a reference letter in cic format and payslip for one month.

MEDICALS
When I heard about qlife being booked fully for the year and it was just October, I called to join the queue to avoid stories. I got a date in December. Immediately ECA was completed I came to this forum to look for someone to swap medicals with. Invespreneur came to the rescue and so I did my medicals on the 13th of November.

ITA
I felt ITA would come the day I did medicals as it was a Tuesday. Tuesday no show, Wednesday no show and I was like “warris dis”. On Thursday, draw came out and it was 449 and I had 450. God came through as the extra points from listening and reading paid off.

POF
Got 40% funds into my account from my parent. Prepared a gift deed to that effect and notarized it. Printed my bank statement and requested for a bank letter. No Tbills, no fixed deposit.

AOR & POST AOR
I eventually submitted on the 23rd of November after putting my docs together with ILOVEPDF. Two days later while going through the files merged I noticed a wrong document was bearing my travel document name. I raised a CSE to that effect and got a reply that it has been forwarded to the responsible office. Few days before I got BIL I heard of a rejection due to wrong document in place folder and then I started panicking only to get MEP and BIL at the appointed time. During the wait I felt it was necessary to know what was going on in my file so I cultivated the habit of requesting for status of my application every single month. From the CSE, January my file was transferred to Ottawa after R10, February eligibility check, March was background check, April was eligibility review. I finally decided to call on the 30th of last month and I was told criminality passed, background and eligibility not started. I lost appetite and felt the need to order notes but decided to renew my passport first as it had less than 6 months to expire. Went to immigration office and I was told no booklet but would get it this week. Yesterday I was called to come for my passport as it was ready. Woke up this morning to start preparing for my trip to immigration office only to see “ready for visa” mail. Na so your guy jump up as if lying down to open the mail was a taboo and there it was. I always expected it to come on a Tuesday but the ways of the Almighty……..

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by OYASALOF(f): 2:09pm On May 10, 2019
Congratulations on your PPR.

I also called yesterday night and was told eligibility and security not started, criminality in progress. I pray my application gets approved before my 6months timeline o. AOR November 19. The wait is draining. It will end in praise Las las

chukoo1:

Its PPR
IELTS test 8th of September, Result 22nd September (LRWS 8.5,8,7,7 first and only attempt)
CRS 450
AOR 23rd November 2018
MEP 2nd Jan 2019
Biometrics Done 10th Jan
Single Applicant
VO Ottawa
No ADR
Woke up this morning to start preparing for my trip to immigration office only to see “ready for visa” mail. Na so your guy jump up as if lying down to open the mail was a taboo and there it was. I always expected it to come on a Tuesday but the ways of the Almighty……..

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by stonecoldcafe: 2:15pm On May 10, 2019
Kmgb1:
AlhamduliLlah its PPR����������

My Timelines are
Dec 2017 1st ielts LRWS 7.5,8,7.5,7
Jan 2018 2nd ielts LRWS 8.5,9,7,7.5
March 2018 ECA
Sept 05 2018 ITA
Oct 08 2018 AOR
Nov 7th Med passed
Nov 21 Rprf (mine)
Nov 22 FTD to Accra
March 9 ADR(famous 5)
9th May PPR

Glory to God in the highest
Finally it has come
Congratulations to you and your household wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Runo03: 2:17pm On May 10, 2019
[
Please help me with the clb of the result below.

Dear All.please help with the clb of the result below.please is urgent.

quote author=Runo03 post=78266161]Please help with this CLB

L 7.5
R 8.5
W. 7.0
S 7.0.

thank you[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 2:20pm On May 10, 2019
Congratulations!!! Do enjoy your new home!!
chukoo1:

Its PPR
CRS 450
AOR 23rd November 2018
MEP 2nd Jan 2019
Biometrics Done 10th Jan
Single Applicant
VO Ottawa
No ADR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatg0809: 2:22pm On May 10, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MaSisi: 2:32pm On May 10, 2019
amaya21:
Invitations are not based on luck now. Once your CRS is at or above the score for that draw, you'll get ITA. The only exception is if your score is exactly at the score of the draw and tie breaking rule affects you

I'm not talking of ITA , but NOI from ALBERTA. Hoping for a PNP maybe. My CRS is currently at 439

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DrMrsCK: 2:36pm On May 10, 2019
Kmgb1:
AlhamduliLlah its PPR����������.
My Timelines are
Dec 2017 1st ielts LRWS 7.5,8,7.5,7
Jan 2018 2nd ielts LRWS 8.5,9,7,7.5
March 2018 ECA
Sept 05 2018 ITA
Oct 08 2018 AOR
Nov 7th Med passed
Nov 21 Rprf (mine)
Nov 22 FTD to Accra
March 9 ADR(famous 5)
9th May PPR

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DottaofGod: 2:37pm On May 10, 2019
Pls must trf be included when applying for eor??(bc).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by firpemi(f): 2:44pm On May 10, 2019
IELTS 27/04/2019 came through for oga (he's the PA) first attempt.
L- 8.5
R- 8.5
W- 7.0
S- 7.5
Materials used Liz videos, udemy paid IELTS course, Cambridge 1-13.
We practiced speaking a night before, I timed and recorded our conversations .
For everyone waiting for a IELTS miracle - don't give up.
I will be writing IELTS CBT to buffer our CRS ( Results are released 5-7days) we need the ITA before his bday first week in June , at the moment we stand at 441 without my IELTS. WES said they will come through on the 24 of this month.
If everything works out fine we should get ITA in the next two draws.
#itwillendinpraise
Please who has POF they are not using that they can borrow us Edakun.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DrMrsCK: 2:46pm On May 10, 2019
chukoo1:

Its PPR
CRS 450
AOR 23rd November 2018
MEP 2nd Jan 2019
Biometrics Done 10th Jan
Single Applicant
VO Ottawa
No ADR

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:47pm On May 10, 2019
chukoo1:

Its PPR
AOR 23rd November 2018
MEP 2nd Jan 2019
Biometrics Done 10th Jan
Single Applicant
VO Ottawa
No ADR

Congrats!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by manlikegb: 2:53pm On May 10, 2019
This might be helpful to someone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:54pm On May 10, 2019
firpemi:
IELTS 27/04/2019 came through for oga (he's the PA) first attempt.
L- 8.5
R- 8.5
W- 7.0
S- 7.5
Materials used Liz videos, udemy paid IELTS course, Cambridge 1-13.
We practiced speaking a night before, I timed and recorded our conversations .
For everyone waiting for a IELTS miracle - don't give up.
I will be writing IELTS CBT to buffer our CRS ( Results are released 5-7days) we need the ITA before his bday first week in June , at the moment we stand at 441 without my IELTS. WES said they will come through on the 24 of this month.
If everything works out fine we should get ITA in the next two draws.
#itwillendinpraise

Oga on fire! Nice! For those who yab them hubbies: It's not like they don't want to write the IELTS, they don't just want to show themselves too much ni grin. Birthday gift = ITA in hand. Congrats in advance!

Lol@"POF they are not using". It will come in a way you least expect, surely.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 2:56pm On May 10, 2019
firpemi:

We no dey discus this kind matter here sis.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gozchi: 3:02pm On May 10, 2019
This is annoying, but have you tried to change your writing method? you'd be surprised you might be doing something wrong in your thesis statement or conclusion, I wrote 3 times, I had to drop liz's method and follow the idp material. and I got my desired score in writing. liz's method is not all that, it failed me two times.
Jennypharb1:
Guys abeg what is the Australian email address to follow up for BC EOR, is it same as IDP? My friend needs to remark
Listening - 9
Reading - 9
Writing - 6.5
Speaking - 7

Which kind temptation be this, fifth attempt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teechedah: 3:08pm On May 10, 2019
Wow.....Congrats bro.Am just so happy for you bro.,May the Lord Almighty also make the journey easy for us the incoming ones. Amen.Would like to follow up with you for guidance on my own application.
ObamaInCanada:
My PRE-ITA to COPR story…..the eagle just landed

ITA: 29 October, 2018
AOR: 30 October, 2018
MED/BIL: 29 November, 2018
Biometrics: 29 November, 2018
Ghost update: 12 April, 2019
PPR: 13 April, 2019 (dated 12 April) (162 days post AOR)
COPR: 7 May, 2019
Single Applicant
VO: Ottawa
No ADR

Decision to Travel.
I had completed my masters in the United States as of May 2018 and was torn between coming back to Nigeria and remaining in the US. A lot was at stake remaining in the US, one of which was the “arrangee marriage” thing (if you know you know) which I was not interested in. For personal reasons, I couldn’t get myself to being part of such scheme. I had a promising job in Nigeria before travelling to the US for my masters thus after weighing the prospects and options available to me, I decided to return to Nigeria, Yes to Nigeria *winks
I was reabsorbed in my former work place but prior to returning I encountered an Indian who told me about the express entry stuff. I read up about it and told myself that I was going to give it a shot upon returning to Naija, so doing I can be working and waiting for a positive turn around.
Came into Nigeria and commenced work. Two months after, I told myself its time to strike…Nigeria is not for you. Infact, each time I went to work and came back, Lagos Traffic kept reminding me that we are finished in this country…run run run…Thus, the endeavor began.

WES
I registered for WES on 9th September 2018, paid WES fees, and sent my U.S. master’s transcript to WES (for no fee). Yankee good. I didn’t have to deal with the WAEC palava because I had foreign masters. I sent my certificate through Hellofax to WES. My evaluation report came out on the 16th of October 2018, thus missed the October 15 draw.

IELTS
Thanks to God, I was able to demolish IELTS in one sitting at Ikeja. Scored LSWR 8.5, 8.5, 7.0, 8.5 (I for ask for remark of writing but ka o di wa, I dash British Council). Picked up my result at the BC office, 20 Thompson Ave, Ikoyi, Lagos. I used internet sources for my preparation. Basically Youtube videos and simulated prep exams which I wrote and marked using the score sheet provided online.

Upfront Medicals
I did my upfront medical at Children’s Practice Ikoyi. Booked ahead of time and got a slot for October 3. The process was quite straight forward. However, Children Practice is no longer on the list of physicians who carry out upfront medicals in Nigeria thus I will not expound on the process. The process is however similar to others.

ITA
Everything was good to go save for the ECA report thus I was pained when I couldn’t enter the pool for the anticipated October 15, 2018 draw. The WES evaluation report finally came a day after the draw. All the same I created the profile, submitted and kept waiting for a draw. On 29th October, 2018. God showed his mercy and I got an ITA.

AOR
AOR was October 30, 2018 the next day after the invite. (I no gree wait o, the journey was still a far one and I needed to start..lol)

Application Components

FBI PCC: I had been in the U.S for more than six months thus was required to submit an FBI PCC. I applied online and paid $18 as the required fee for processing. For completion of the process, a finger print card was to be completed and sent using courier. I printed the card using A4 paper, visited Alagbon police station and had them assist me in taking my prints. I sent the printed card to FBI using DHL. It cost me 18k for the courier (more expensive than the processing fee I had to pay FBI…smh…issalrit).

Nigerian PCC: I used the opportunity of doing the FBI PCC to do the Naija PCC. At Alagon Police Staion. The entire process took about an hour thirty minutes and it cost me 6k (U got to shine your eyes, this guys can even collect 20k and behave like its normal)

Reference Letter: This was quite easy for me. Of course I adapted the “Whom It May Concern” format (am I a learner?). I explained to my employers that I needed a reference for something entirely different and requested that a particular format be adopted. They asked that I prepare a draft and send to the HR. I did using the CIC format and sent same to them. My reference letter came out that same day from HR signed by the authorized officer of the firm. I was really excited.

Digital Photo: I took the digital photo at studio 24 at Awolowo and paid about N2,400 for the hardcopy and soft copy.

Travel History: Had traveled to USA, Ireland and Dubai, thus had to scan all pages of my passport with visa stamp, entry and exit stamps.

Proof of Fund (POF): For POF, I had saved a reasonable sum, up to 50% of the entire sum required plus extra. I received the remaining 50% from my mother as a gift and had a Gift Deed drafted, executed and notarized. I submitted the following documents as POF:
1. A Summary page of POF: This page contained a breakdown of my POF and the table of attachments in relation to the POF.
2. Reference Letter from Guaranty Trust Bank Plc. (GT Bank): Got this in CIC Format at GT Bank , Awolowo branch, Ikoyi, Lagos
3. Letter of Non-Indebtedness from Guaranty Trust Bank Plc. (GT Bank)
4. Bank Statement of Account from Guaranty Trust Bank Plc. (GT Bank): I printed just four months jare
5. Snap shot from XE currency converter showing Canadian equivalence of available fund.
6. Notarized Gift Deed.
7. Evidence of Transfer of funds to my GT Bank Account from my Mother’s Bank Account in pursuance of the Gift granted.

Payments
I paid upfront the required sum of about $1040 CAD for the visa, biometrics, RPPF etc .

Post AOR
After my AOR, the wait started. The then trend was that medicals took 24 to 30 days to pass. Of course thought mine was going to be so fast. In my head I had arranged a powerful application that any VO will easily navigate and grant an approval. However, the ways of CIC are not the ways of men. I gave up and waited for 30 days.
On the 29th of November, 2018, I woke up to an email from CIC that medicals have been passed and a Biometrics letter requesting that I go to the VFS centre for Biometrics. I did that on the same day at VFS Lekki on my way to work. I went with my intl. passport, two photocopies of the intl. passport, the Biometric request letter and got Biometrics done. After about 3 to 4 hours, Biometrics got updated on my application platform on the CIC website as complete.

A feat achieved, I felt good that things were gradually progressing and taking shape. I believed I was going to get a passport request latest by December, 2018. Really and truly that didn’t happen. I kept checking my application account to see if there are any changes, for where? I started studying trends on Immitracker, Candavisa and Nairaland and started making projections. Well over time I understood that there were just many variables which affected turn around times. Even some people with ghost update, who you would assume will get PPR immediately waited for almost a month.

I traveled to my hometown for the Xmas with expectations on the outlook of January 2019. The New Year commenced and the struggle intensified. I couldn’t wait to resign my job. I became irritable by the slightest but I held my peace and always told myself….it’s a matter of time.

Fast track to April 3, 2019 I called the CIC and the agent informed that my eligibility was recommended passed and security noted started. All this while, I have always been told over the call that my security and eligibility was yet to start but that my criminality and medical had been passed.

After this good news, I just had the feeling that the hour was near. On 8th of April and 11th of April, 2019, I called CIC but my status remained the same since the last update. On the 12th of April, I got to work and randomly decided to check my profile. Gbam, I saw a ghost update…. (Application/profile updated will show but when you enter your dashboard, you see no changes). At this juncture, I knew as per the current trend that my application had been approved, I raised my hands there and then and said a thank you prayer to God. I am sure my colleagues didn’t understand.

To satisfy my curiosity, on my way home, I called the CIC and the agent informed me that my file was worked on a day before and that my application was approved . He noted that the Visa Officer will reach out to me shortly on next steps. I smiled and thanked the agent. I knew from my extensive research here on Nairaland that PPR emails were usually sent at the early hours of the morning between 2am and 4am. I slept with one eye open waiting for the email to land. At 2pm, I woke up but no show. I slept back and finally at 2.30pm, I woke up, checked my phone and there was the email….Ready for Visa/Pret pour Visa from CPCO-FinalRequest.
My people, this was early Saturday. I just knelt down and began to bless the name of the Lord. (I62 days post AOR)
Snapped my passport photo at Studio 24, Lekki
Submitted the PPR letter, Intl. passport and passport photo at the VFS center, Freedom way, Lekki on Monday 15, April, 2019. Paid N17, 798 for passport transmission.

PPR to COPR
It took 2 weeks from PPT submission to have my CIC account updated. It read approved on 30 April and stated the counterfoil number and expiration date of the immigrant visa. I received notification on 1st May, 2019 that the passport had been dispatched from Accra. I then received my visa cover letter via email from Accra on 3 May, 2019 and finally the notification via sms that my processed passport was ready for collection on 6 May, 2019. I picked up the white envelope containing my passport and COPR today being 7 May, 2019.

Miscellany
Indeed this is a journey for the patient and I can’t thank my Nairaland family enough for the contributions made here. I make bold to say that there is hardly any query one may have that has not been answered in this forum. I read through thoroughly from page 1 of part 6 where I joined. God is indeed faithful and may his name alone be praised. I encourage everyone to be strong whilst praying that your Canadian dreams come to fruition.

INDEED IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Bows: 3:10pm On May 10, 2019
kfrosh:
Believe me when I say, I shed a tear when I read this. I can't just imagine what you went through. Heaven bless you @johnnybravo.
sorry I need @johnnybravo 's contact to assist me with my ielts writing aswell
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teechedah: 3:11pm On May 10, 2019
Nice one
beabeasquare:
Congratulations and well done

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by firpemi(f): 3:12pm On May 10, 2019
i know, but me writing it here would bring some source of encouragement and assurance that i am not alone in the fund sourcing. i have been having sleeplessness nights on top the matter ni. At least congratulate my oga for scaling IELTS first na.
GozyNA:

We no dey discus this kind matter here sis.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 3:14pm On May 10, 2019
Gozchi:
This is annoying, but have you tried to change your writing method? you'd be surprised you might be doing something wrong in your thesis statement or conclusion, I wrote 3 times, I had to drop liz's method and follow the idp material. and I got my desired score in writing. liz's method is not all that, it failed me two times.
My dear, my friend has used Liz, Jay, Chris pell, dem plenty. I dunno again, 75k no be beans
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 3:14pm On May 10, 2019
Utonne:

Just hold on babe. You also encouraged me back then. Keep the faith and look for something to direct all that energy to. All patience was spent. Nothing again. Couldn't even sum up excitement when it showed up. Don't worry, It will come soon. Just follow up with mails,calls & CSEs.

Thanks jare, I Kuku no get choice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 3:15pm On May 10, 2019
Topsmamen:

Such good scores, we keep moving though. The email is idpieltsaustralia@idp.com

Thanks dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teechedah: 3:15pm On May 10, 2019
wow.
johnnybravo1990:

Congrats bro. Never have I been so happy for someone’s result like I was for yours today. It feels good seeing someone stuck with 6.5 in Writing in over 10 attempts(like you told me) to move to 7.5. I am so glad our efforts paid off. Welcome to Canada! All the best to other IELTS candidates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by firpemi(f): 3:17pm On May 10, 2019
thank you @Topsmamen, oga was on real fire.
Topsmamen:

Oga on fire! Nice! For those who yab them hubbies: It's not like they don't want to write the IELTS, they don't just want to show themselves too much ni grin. Birthday gift = ITA in hand. Congrats in advance!

Lol@"POF they are not using". It will come in a way you least expect, surely.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Utonne: 3:18pm On May 10, 2019
CanadianNaija:

Wow!!! Congrats buddy! Oya go and buy flight ticket quick quick, the price is skyrocketing.

Yes, i submitted my passport when i got back from my trip.

Awesome. Thank you. Is it safe to book ticket now. Lol. I was thinking on receipt of COPR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2019
Topsmamen:

Such good scores, we keep moving though. The email is idpieltsaustralia@idp.com
see the bias?
Applicant at aor stage

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Utonne: 3:19pm On May 10, 2019
raphrulz:
Wow...

What a wait!!

This was literally a PPR textbook and you deserve to be graded as such.

I will score you 9.9/10.

Thanks for sharing your script with us and may the new land favour you.

Amen!!

Ah! Am I worthy of this awesome grade. 9.9? Thank you able Prof

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hayoakins(m): 3:24pm On May 10, 2019
iaatmguy:
see the bias?
Applicant at aor stage

Kindly blur out the person's phone number and name, that is too much information. A lot could be done with the number, identity theft et al.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Utonne: 3:25pm On May 10, 2019
ladymarshall:
Congratulations. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. It struck a chord.

You sound very ready for your new life. All the best in Canada.

Thank you. That was the total aim. Keep pushing....x
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teechedah: 3:35pm On May 10, 2019
Congrats bro, please how do i get the (Liz and Ryan essay for writing). if you have a softcopy, can u please forward it to my email topeoduba@gmail.com Thanks bro
chukoo1:

Its PPR
CRS 450
AOR 23rd November 2018
MEP 2nd Jan 2019
Biometrics Done 10th Jan
Single Applicant
VO Ottawa
No ADR

I always believed in my country so after my masters abroad I felt the time to actually effect the so-called change is now, not minding my friends who were seriously hustling Canny and Aussie PR. I came back with high hopes only to get a job which was very far from living the dream after scouting for 8 solid months, with peanuts as salary and superiors who used my academic qualifications to console themselves. I knew something was to be done and I remembered my siblings and friends who preached about this immigration stuff to me so I rang a friend of mine and immediately started following this awesome family from part 5.

IELTS
With information from my friend and posts on this forum, I registered for IELTS 2 weeks to the exam with the mind-set to re-register immediately after seeing my result. For preparation, I used Liz and Ryan essay for writing, Cambridge Ielts for reading, Youtube Listening daily videos and my sister (believe me teenagers are very good in Listening when they see it as a game) for Listening, and Nothing for Speaking as my friend said that’s a breeze. Wrote on the 8th of Sept and saw result on the 22nd (LRWS 8.5,8,7,7) with L and R adding additional 6points to my estimated 444.

ECA
WES came to the rescue although at that time I felt very impatient with their services. Few days to the release of my English result, I understood the need to process credentials first and so I paid WES to evaluate my master degree and made a request to my school to forward my masters transcript to WES. WES received it on 1st October and completed evaluation on 9th NOV.

PCC
Clearance certificates needed was for Naija and UK.
UK PCC was pretty straight forward as I applied through ACRO website and got it in no distant time.
ASP Moshood came to the rescue as I got it the same day I went for my medical.

WORK EXPERIENCE
I used my previous job which I did for 13 months before leaving for my masters. I submitted a reference letter in cic format and payslip for one month.

MEDICALS
When I heard about qlife being booked fully for the year and it was just October, I called to join the queue to avoid stories. I got a date in December. Immediately ECA was completed I came to this forum to look for someone to swap medicals with. Invespreneur came to the rescue and so I did my medicals on the 13th of November.

ITA
I felt ITA would come the day I did medicals as it was a Tuesday. Tuesday no show, Wednesday no show and I was like “warris dis”. On Thursday, draw came out and it was 449 and I had 450. God came through as the extra points from listening and reading paid off.

POF
Got 40% funds into my account from my parent. Prepared a gift deed to that effect and notarized it. Printed my bank statement and requested for a bank letter. No Tbills, no fixed deposit.

AOR & POST AOR
I eventually submitted on the 23rd of November after putting my docs together with ILOVEPDF. Two days later while going through the files merged I noticed a wrong document was bearing my travel document name. I raised a CSE to that effect and got a reply that it has been forwarded to the responsible office. Few days before I got BIL I heard of a rejection due to wrong document in place folder and then I started panicking only to get MEP and BIL at the appointed time. During the wait I felt it was necessary to know what was going on in my file so I cultivated the habit of requesting for status of my application every single month. From the CSE, January my file was transferred to Ottawa after R10, February eligibility check, March was background check, April was eligibility review. I finally decided to call on the 30th of last month and I was told criminality passed, background and eligibility not started. I lost appetite and felt the need to order notes but decided to renew my passport first as it had less than 6 months to expire. Went to immigration office and I was told no booklet but would get it this week. Yesterday I was called to come for my passport as it was ready. Woke up this morning to start preparing for my trip to immigration office only to see “ready for visa” mail. Na so your guy jump up as if lying down to open the mail was a taboo and there it was. I always expected it to come on a Tuesday but the ways of the Almighty……..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:36pm On May 10, 2019
Kmgb1:

Thanks babe,waiting for my..u know what! grin
You deserve it jare kiss
Congrats again Sis!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.