Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (855114 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by safex(m): 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2019
pstfrancis:
Has anyone been able to check IELTS exam of 14th February 2019?
Check it very early tomorrow if it's mod. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adaoh: 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2019
Dear Everyone,

Ok NOW i'm back with the full gist! Lol! I was so busy with work that I didn't have time to send my testimony yet.

I want to thank God first of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me scream again that PPR IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew! It’s been a journey of immense patience. I had typed out my PPR story in faith in September 2018 when I submitted my eAPR and prayed.

This is my timeline below-

WES Evaluation for my Masters - 24/05/2018

IELTS with British Council, Lagos - 28/07/2018
LRSW - 8.5/8/8/6.5 (1st attempt)
(Paid for EOR/remark on 10/07/2018)
Writing upgraded to ‘7’ on 31/08/2018 (After praying and fasting tremendously for 7 days. E no easy. I just begged GOD that pls I don’t want to write it again)

CRS score…. 462
ITA….. Sept 5, 2018
AOR...... Sept 21, 2018
MEP & BIL….. Oct 18, 2018
Biometrics done… Oct 19, 2018
Ordered GCMS… Nov 2nd 2018 (Got it 34 days later with info saying that info sharing had started with other embassies.)
ADR & Interview… None
No Ghost update.
PPR...... Feb 19, 2019

Timeline - 151 days

(Single applicant)

I also fired plenty prayers and fasted and kept trusting GOD that I wanted a PPR testimony and HE did it! It has ended in PRAISE! I prayed for a speedy PPR but GOD does things in HIS own best time so I am more than joyous 5 months later!

The first two months after submitting my application was the hardest for me because I was checking my application at least 3 times a day waiting to see any change. Lmao I was like a crazy person. After the second month and nothing, I decided to just continue my life and started checking from 3 times daily to once a week to once a month. I had seen people write here that at first they go crazy logging in every time then after they just relax and forget about it till PPR comes.

ECA - I used WES to evaluate my UK masters. It took 1 month and that was the first thing I did after I made my decision to start this journey in April 2018.

POF - I submitted only my Stanbic Mutual Funds letter and mutual funds statement for POF. I didn’t submit my bank statements. In the mutual funds letter, they wrote my funds in Naira and also wrote a Canadian equivalent of my funds in Canadian Dollars (using the rate as at the day the letter was printed and they indicated that also). I did not submit my bank statement or pay slips.

Work experience - Over 5 years experience. My former employer didn’t have any issue drafting the letter in IRCC format while my present employer drafted the letter thinking I needed it for visiting visa purposes in the format I wanted.

Medicals - Everything was fine. Thank GOD.

Travel History - Over the Span of 10 years, I had travelled numerous times to 8 countries multiple times etc

Biometrics - One important issue to note was that I had a technical difficulty with my online application profile in respect to Biometrics. I did my biometrics a day after getting the BIL and even though my profile was updated a few days later with my biometrics details, Biometrics never showed as completed for me and even after 30 days had lapsed on the issue, biometrics status changed to ‘We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below’ and so I worried alot because I felt this might somehow slow down my application if it was showing that my biometrics was yet to be done. I raised 3 CSEs to complain about the issue and was told the biometrics details had been received by the responsible office so I decided to just relax and go about my life till my PPR arrived. I never got a ghost update before my PPR. However when I logged into my profile after I had received it, I saw that my biometrics had changed to ‘Completed’.

No siblings in Canada.

Also two visa refusals in my history. One previous student visa refusal from canada which I stated in my application and another visa refusal from scheghen. I was truthful about that in my application.

Another funny thing is I finally got through to IRCC via phone on 15th Feb 2019 and the agent told me that my eligibility, security and criminality had not been completed and that she wishes me all the best in my application. She was very polite and nice. I had planned to order GCMS at the end of the 6-month wait but only after speaking to an agent. So imagine my shock when I got my PPR email on 19th Feb 2019

One of my siblings was the one who referred me to this helpful forum. She had been following from part 1 while I just followed from part 4. However her wealth of knowledge from part 1 really sped up my application process.

People’s testimonies are different so don’t be discouraged at all because God comes through for everyone. Just believe that at the end of the journey, we will thank God in Cannyland.

Thank you to everyone who answers questions and helps on this thread! May GOD meet you all at the point of your needs! I am truly grateful.

Praying for everyone on this journey to PPR and those starting a new life in cannyland! May GOD be with us all and see us through to Canada successfully! Amen

May it end in Praise for all of us in JESUS NAME! Amen!

Adaoh:
PRAISE GOD! I finally got my PPR on the 19th Feb but i’ll be back with all the full gist later on!!!

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adaoh:
Dear Everyone,

Ok NOW i'm back with the full gist! Lol! I was so busy with work that I didn't have time to send my testimony yet.

Let me scream again that PPR IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew! It’s been a journey of immense patience. I had typed out my PPR story in faith in September 2018 when I submitted my eAPR and prayed.

WES Evaluation for my Masters - 24/05/2018

IELTS with British Council, Lagos - 28/07/2018
LRSW - 8.5/8/8/6.5 (1st attempt)
(Paid for EOR/remark on 10/07/2018)
Writing upgraded to ‘7’ on 31/08/2018 (After praying and fasting tremendously for 7 days. E no easy. I just begged GOD that pls I don’t want to write it again)

CRS score…. 462
ITA….. Sept 5, 2018
AOR...... Sept 21, 2018
Ordered GCMS… Nov 2nd 2018 (Got it 34 days later with info saying that info sharing had started with other embassies.)
ADR & Interview… None
PPR...... Feb 19, 2019

Timeline - 151 days

Congrats dear, wish you all the best in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adaoh:

CRS score…. 462
ITA….. Sept 5, 2018
AOR...... Sept 21, 2018
ADR & Interview… None
PPR...... Feb 19, 2019

Congrats! Kudos to your sibling.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adaoh: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thanks a lot!

Topsmamen:

Congrats! Kudos to your sibling.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adaoh: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
thanks alot dear!

Jennypharb1:

Congrats dear, wish you all the best in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adaoh:
Dear Everyone,

People’s testimonies are different so don’t be discouraged at all because God comes through for everyone. Just believe that at the end of the journey, we will thank God in Cannyland.

Thank you to everyone who answers questions and helps on this thread! May GOD meet you all at the point of your needs! I am truly grateful.

May it end in Praise for all of us in JESUS NAME! Amen! [/b]
Big big congratulations!!! Such a sweet gist kiss

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbhs139:
CoPR pick-up, today, Tuesday, 26th February, 2019.

Alhamdulilah!

Expected date of departure, July, 30th 2019.

Destination: Toronto, Mississauga.

Would appreciate any link up for Jobs grin
Congratulations!! I'm just imagining how you're feeling right now grin
Canada awaits

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pstfrancis(m): 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2019
safex:

Check it very early tomorrow if it's mod. All the best.

For BC when will it be available?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
princesschuks:
My younger sis used to work with Diamond bank and she is using this for her work experience. She won't be through with her PGD till July.
So she's expecting ITA any time from September (when the statement of result will be ready)
Do you advice she requests for work reference letter from Diamond Bank now or wait till later (Diamond bank will be Access bank by then).
Pls I need your suggestions.
She can get it now since it is her previous place of work, but if she wants it to be less than 6 months as at when she is submitting, she should apply around May, getting DBPlc reference letter is quite fast, and I think the complete switch to Access bank will be around June. So that by the time she will be using it , it will still be less than 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DrMrsCK: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adaoh:
Dear Everyone,

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adaoh: 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thanks dear! smiley

Ifeoma77:

Big big congratulations!!! Such a sweet gist kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2019
Congratulations!!

We thank God that it has finally ended in praise.

We are also grateful for sharing this good news with us.

God bless you greatly.

I will rate you 7.7/10.

Go and prosper in Cannyland!

Adaoh:
Dear Everyone,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nomad26: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
Yayy PPR news is always sweet to read smiley Congratulations and may the new land favour you immensely.
I can totally relate to the 'first two months craziness', since eAPR, I have suddenly turner to immitracker data analyst lol cheesy God will bless all our hustles amen!

Adaoh:
Dear Everyone,

The first two months after submitting my application was the hardest for me because I was checking my application at least 3 times a day waiting to see any change. Lmao I was like a crazy person.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MayoDebz(f): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adaoh:
Dear Everyone,

Congratulations. Go and prosper and may God bless the sibling.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
Josefuadjr:

Decline it. Sell off some things and see if you are close. Call family and friends too

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adaoh: 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
hahaha! Thanks Prof Ralphz! smiley

raphrulz:
Congratulations!!

We thank God that it has finally ended in praise.

We are also grateful for sharing this good news with us.

God bless you greatly.

I will rate you 7.7/10.

Go and prosper in Cannyland!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adaoh: 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thanks alot! Amen dear! I can totally relate to immitracker data analyst! I was on that immitracker ehn. Kai! I look forward to reading your PPR news! Congrats in advance! smiley

nomad26:
Yayy PPR news is always sweet to read smiley Congratulations and may the new land favour you immensely.
I can totally relate to the 'first two months craziness', since eAPR, I have suddenly turner to immitracker data analyst lol cheesy God will bless all our hustles amen!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adaoh: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amen!!! Thanks alot! smiley

MayoDebz:

Congratulations. Go and prosper and may God bless the sibling.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeanyinuel(m): 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=Adaoh post=76156546]Dear Everyone,

Congratulations.. Go and excel.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Palominopeaches(f): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
joo2018:
1. If you have not seen the link to upload documents at all, it means you have not finished filling your application. Review it again.

2. If you saw it once and it disappeared, follow @Topmamen's advice to clean your browser's cache, close the browser and restart the system.

3. If all the above fails, use the webform to raise a "Technical difficulty" CSE.

OK thank you. I finally uploaded and submitted. Used another system and it went smoothly. Can't even tell what the issue was but I'm glad it's over now. Thanks again

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by igwillions: 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbhs139:
CoPR pick-up, today, Tuesday, 26th February, 2019.

Alhamdulilah!

Expected date of departure, July, 30th 2019.

Destination: Toronto, Mississauga.

Would appreciate any link up for Jobs grin

Congratulations. Wait o! You mean you will still be here in this country till July before you will pick race, almost 5 months after COPR shocked sad angry? As in March, April, May, June, July You even selected July 30th undecided cry. The day I pick up my COPR, the worst I could endure to stay would be two weeks. Eno go reach sef grin! Naa Osondu/guduwa/run get me o grin grin grin.

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by igwillions: 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adaoh:
Dear Everyone,

Congratulations to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2019
igwillions:

Congratulations. Wait o! You mean you will still be here in this country till July before you will pick race, alomost 5 months after COPR shocked sad angry? As in March, April, May, June, July You even selected July 30th undecided cry. The day I pick up my COPR, the worst I could endure to stay would be two weeks. Eno go reach sef grin! Naa Osondu, guduwa get me o grin grin grin.

Lmao! Hilarious!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shege45: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2019
igwillions:

Congratulations. Wait o! You mean you will still be here in this country till July before you will pick race, alomost 5 months after COPR shocked sad angry? As in March, April, May, June, July You even selected July 30th undecided cry. The day I pick up my COPR, the worst I could endure to stay would be two weeks. Eno go reach sef grin! Naa Osondu, guduwa get me o grin grin grin.
u no lie ooo. I go don book my flight self bfor i send passport out

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by msmodi: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good evening guys. Urgent help needed. Accra visa office send Adr for updated bank statement, Schedule A and additional family information. Problem now is how to compress and send all this in one file that must not be more than 2MB. I have been doing it all day, tried all form of compressing and file is still over 2.5MB. Please any one with experience should help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
msmodi:
Good evening guys. Urgent help needed. Accra visa office send Adr for updated bank statement, Schedule A and additional family information. Problem now is how to compress and send all this in one file that must not be more than 2MB. I have been doing it all day, tried all form of compressing and file is still over 2.5MB. Please any one with experience should help. Thanks.

Try ilovePDF

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Meewasin: 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
msmodi:

https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 9:18pm On Feb 26, 2019
Yakay:

She can get it now since it is her previous place of work, but if she wants it to be less than 6 months as at when she is submitting, she should apply around May, getting DBPlc reference letter is quite fast, and I think the complete switch to Access bank will be around June. So that by the time she will be using it , it will still be less than 6 months.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mbhs139(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2019
igwillions:

� � � � �

Someone even wrote here that he had imagine how I'm feeling right now. Come to think of it, I ain't feeling any different from the normal.

You see, this whole thing was my wife's idea. Na she carry am for head like àkàrà. And why I had to succumb was when she brought the issue of the kids into it. She was like "do you want this children to grow up under this condition, bla bla bla...?"

It's a mixed feelings for me: the reality of having to start all over again; fear of the unknown; and a host of other things.

On the one hand, however, I sometimes feel so frustrated with some of the things that happens in this country that I'll just console my self with the fact that, "well, my days are numbered".

And talking about when I'm leaving. Basically, I had preferred September, because of my business. It is wife that wanted June. I'm yet to even tell her that it is July.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 19CannyMum: 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
Fam pls join me in my thanksgiving to God. I am indeed grateful for his mercies.

AOR 29 June
IP2 30 Oct
Ghost sometime last week or yesterday. Haven't been checking regularly
PPR 25 Feb
VO Ottawa

I wish I had an interesting story to share but I'm not a woman of many words, kindly forgive my dry announcement.

My sincere appréciation goes to everyone who makes this thread rock. God bless you all

To all those waiting at whatever stage, God is able to do all that he says he will do. Please be of courage and good cheer.

84 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cutiep: 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
sibabe25:
They have refused to send it in writing that they will not give me reference letter. Although i have audio recordings.. I will go ahead with the other option. Many thanks

My employer also doesn't give the CIC reference. They however responded to me via mail that they will not issue the reference.

What I did was to do an affidavit of my job description and notorized it. I also added employment, promotion, appreciation letters as well as my Tax clearance certificate and salary account.

I am post ITA though but I have a colleague who did the same thing and is now in Cannyland.

5 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.