Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (855457 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ocon: 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sthill5:

I recently learned that the British council in Lagos conducts the exam every march and September Contact them
The certificate course is just 3 modules
Thank you..
Is it possible for one to self-study and pass the exams.
I have no prior knowledge in IT

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 7:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ocon:
Thank you..
Is it possible for one to self-study and pass the exams.
I have no prior knowledge in IT

Yes you can self study...I'm sure they will give you access to study materials whether paid or.not..simply go hear from the horse's mouth...I finished the program in 2011 so some things must have changed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
youngRx:

depends. If your HOD will sign the ref letter if you state otherwise fine. if not, you can always use this sample.

***sample***
this is to certify that Mr Nelronaldo worked as an Intern Medical doctor (or medical officer, whichever) in the department of medicine from 23rd January 2050 to .........

Thanks. I just sent a PM.

Another question. You know Nigerian universities usually award degree a year after graduation, automatically making the day degree was awarded as your graduation date. What do I do because I started housemaship in January while my degree was award November that year? Should I leave out the housemanship because of this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ocon: 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sthill5:

Yes you can self study...I'm sure they will give you access to study materials whether paid or.not..simply go hear from the horse's mouth...I finished the program in 2011 so some things must have changed
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Teamo2(f): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2019
Congrats Ramj
Ramj:
Gather round Gather round

Something has landed

And to the Glory of God may I declare that it is PPR.

My people the Golden mail has landed

Thanks soo much for all the love and support.

Full story coming soon. Get ready

Je m'appelle PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by IseeJoy(m): 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
Thank you very much @joo2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Of course they will check. Guy, you know this means if you still claim you are married, you can never ever get married in the future grin they'll put a ban on you forever.
You'll be a bachelor, living all alone in cold cold Winnipeg, cos that's where they'll send ya. Growing purple goatee, no wife, no friends, no family...

Stop eet nah grin
Jennypharb1:

Of course they will check. Guy, you know this means if you still claim you are married, you can never ever get married in the future grin they'll put a ban on you forever.
You'll be a bachelor, living all alone in cold cold Winnipeg, cos that's where they'll send ya. Growing purple goatee, no wife, no friends, no family...

Stop eet nah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adenikeO: 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2019
You can read on your own, I did intense reading for about a month and two weeks and passed the exam.
Ocon:
I'd have love to go for this rather than a PGD but the Only study center is in Far away Jos embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adenikeO: 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
That's correct, the next available exam is September. The registration for March sitting has already closed.
Sthill5:

I recently learned that the British council in Lagos conducts the exam every march and September Contact them
The certificate course is just 3 modules

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 8:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
Officially, it takes 2 to 21 days, max 28 days, but I have read some here waiting for about 2 months. After 28 days, you should begin to follow up with BC.

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/find-out-about-results/questions-about-your-ielts-results

McTEE10:
How long will it take for the remark to be completed for
BC?
and I do I ensure my script is remarked?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 8:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
friend2Macron:
Hello everyone,
Please I want to clarify something. I heard the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada all share database. During my application for visiting visa to UK in 2017, I was wrongly advised to fill married (I was and still single) to aid the application.

Has anyone seen anyone who had this same issue before? The closest I've seen is someone who filled married while applying for US but at the point of applying for Canada PR, he was genuinely married, so that kinda sorted everything out.

What is the best and safest option to follow in my case? Single/never married or Separated/divorce?

Thanks for your response and the yabbing grin grin

Yabbing will come later angry, but let’s fix this first grin

It’s best to be safe than sorry. Be transparent. Write a letter of explanation and inform them as it really is. Don’t hold back any information. Every detail matters. It was a case of misrepresentation. You are applying for Canadian PR while you’re still single, so leave it as single and explain yourself. Reverse the roles and put your position in the Visa Officer’s. How would you want the applicant to convince you?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ramj:
Gather round Gather round

Something has landed

And to the Glory of God may I declare that it is PPR.

My people the Golden mail has landed

Thanks soo much for all the love and support.

Full story coming soon. Get ready

Je m'appelle PPR

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 8:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
adenikeO:
That's correct, the next available exam is September. The registration for March sitting has already closed.

Great! One tip I will give though is to study the past questions very well. The good thing too is that they provide answer scripts to the questions. You can then see how to answer the questions correctly

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
Josefuadjr:

Congratulations my Nigerian breweries brother. Lol. I know say you no go sabi me

Je ‘m appelle they just didn’t caught Ramj.

Lmao!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
Congratulations!!!!!! I wish you success in other stages

Dealkid:

My dear people, please join me and thank God o as IELTS has finally freed me after several attempts. I know it's not PPR but it sure feels like it honestly hence the need to praise God. Still can't believe I don't have to take it again. Like it's done n dusted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sconp: 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sthill5:

Hi from the thread on Canada visa I noticed you evaluated three different certificates. I.e Diploma in IT, Certificate in IT and post graduate diploma in IT. Was it the three certs that was equated to a three year program? I.e one per year?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
sconp:

Hi from the thread on Canada visa I noticed you evaluated three different certificates. I.e Diploma in IT, Certificate in IT and post graduate diploma in IT. Was it the three certs that was equated to a three year program? I.e one per year?

Its professional graduate diploma which is evaluated to a three year degree
Certificate in IT gets one year certificate
The diploma in IT is evaluated as a two year diploma

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sconp: 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sthill5:

Its professional graduate diploma which is evaluated to a three year degree
Certificate in IT gets one year certificate
The diploma in IT is evaluated as a two year diploma
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Josefuadjr: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
Topsmamen:

Je ‘m appelle they just didn’t caught Ramj.

Lmao!

Looool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
I almost cried reading your testimony. Thank you for sharing so indepth your journey. I have been silently following and enjoying your posts in previous parts. It has finally ended in praise. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your patience, doggedness, careful planning, eagerness to help and trust in God that has helped you thus far will carry farther in Canada. May you and your family succeed in your new country. Congrats again.

Tojued:
Extremely long post alert. Please skip to the last line for a summary.

Fortunately, I typed this announcement on 30/10/2018, I’m sure the heavens were just looking at me and laughing. If na to type am now ginger no dey I for just drop timeline. But as e be I’ll simply edit what I have already.

All glory to God, all thanks to my real life family and friends, all appreciation to the elders, class prefects, onlookers, provokers, etc. on this thread. Gratitude is my second name.

Timeline
Family of 3, Ottawa VO
IELTS – 24/04/2018
ECA – 24/04/2018
ITA (CRS 454) – 24/04/2018
AOR – 30/06/2018
IP1 & ADR – 17/07/2018
Response to ADR – 23/07/2018
MEP – 27/07/2018
IP2 – 29/10/2018
PPR – 26/02/2019

TLDR: It was a long wait but PPR is here and I glorify God, thank you for your service to this thread, and pray MAY YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Cannydreams: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
Thanks a lot
nomad26:
Use this email: general.enquiries@britishcouncil.org

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by friend2Macron: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
Topsmamen:

Yabbing will come later angry, but let’s fix this first grin

It’s best to be safe than sorry. Be transparent. Write a letter of explanation and inform them as it really is. Don’t hold back any information. Every detail matters. It was a case of misrepresentation. You are applying for Canadian PR while you’re still single, so leave it as single and explain yourself. Reverse the roles and put your position in the Visa Officer’s. How would you want the applicant to convince you?

Thank you bro, I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by youngRx(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2019
nelronaldo:

Thanks. I just sent a PM.

Another question. You know Nigerian universities usually award degree a year after graduation, automatically making the day degree was awarded as your graduation date. What do I do because I started housemaship in January while my degree was award November that year? Should I leave out the housemanship because of this?

Apart from filling in your personal history post-ita, i don't think there's a scenario where that could be a problem.
Besides, you qualify to practice the very moment you pass all prescribed examination in your school. The rest that follows is just ceremony. that's why you were even given the opportunity to start your internship before the certificate was issued, in the first place. You can always write a letter of explanation if it'll raise some red flags post-ITA. till then, you are good to go.

but then, that's just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Cannydreams: 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2019
Thanks a lot
COPR:

general.enquiries@britishcouncil.org
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2019
Topsmamen:

What’s your current CRS?

The score will be low but it won't make the person ineligible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by princesschuks: 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2019
gabialonso:

You actually got into the pool with 7.5 in listening? I thought listening must be minimum 8 ??

Yes I did. But my score can't smell ITA. Currently learning French and I'm writing another IELTS next month.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2019
congrats for this inspiring story. enjoy your new land

[quote author=Bukzie post=76182717]
OUR PPR JOURNEY……………So Sorry it’s a very long post. Please bear with me. I hope this encourages one or more people to keep pushing…….

TIMELINE:
IELTS (Principal Applicant) LRSW – 8, 6.5, 7.5, 7 (1st attempt) - April 30, 2016
IELTS (Spouse –the writer) LRSW – 8, 8, 7.5, 7 (1st attempt) - April 30, 2016
ECA (PA) – March 15, 2016 – August 3, 2016 – 2 or more certificates
ECA (Spouse) – March 10, 2016 – August 11, 2016 – 2 or more certificates

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by manlikegb: 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sthill5:

Lol...this is me grin

I couldn't find anyone who had exact same qualifications so I went ahead, got a positive evaluation and left a feedback
PPR where are you?? sad

@Sthill5, may I ask how long(program duration) it took to complete either/each of the 3? I have a BIL who is in the I.T. field, his CRS is presently 426 so we're looking for a way to increase his score.

1. Certificate in IT (https://www.bcs.org/category/18082)
2. Diploma in IT (https://www.bcs.org/category/18083)
3. Professional Graduate Diploma in IT (https://www.bcs.org/category/18084)

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mimikoko: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
Congratulations to those who got PPR @tojued and @canadasGOAT. May Canada be favourable to you and yours.
My spouse and I are post ITA and we were expecting our biometrics request. Instead, we noticed that our profile changed showing different UCI numbers, with our old biometrics numbers(issued for previous Canadian tourist visa) with the biometrics date and expiration (10yrs). Has anyone experienced this before?
What is the way forward now? I'm a bit surprised.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Chrisophad(m): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
Congratulations @ramj
Teamo2:
Congrats Ramj
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Dannyko: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Brotherly, please do not give up or be dispirited. You have come a long way already. As I am now, I don't know how to raise my own POF (although I'm not there yet), but I know that something will show up. I have plans here and there but nothing is guaranteed, I trust in God nonetheless. If a total stranger could pay my law school fees years ago, what else can God not do? Nothing! And what he has done for people like me, he will do for you too. Only believe. That you shall succeed in this task is as sure as God reigns!
If my memory serves me well, does this person believe in God? Cos I remember a post where he was against those praying to pass IELTS. Pls don't mind my aproko o grin. Truly, there's nothing God can't do, I'm a living proof and I'll definitely share my testimony soon. Congrats @Ramj, class prefect of Nov AOR group. I'm so happy for you bro smiley.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
youngRx:

Apart from filling in your personal history post-ita, i don't think there's a scenario where that could be a problem.
Besides, you qualify to practice the very moment you pass all prescribed examination in your school. The rest that follows is just ceremony. that's why you were even giving the opportunity to start your internship before the certificate was issued, in the first place. You can always write a letter of explanation if it'll raise some red flags post-ITA. till then, you are good to go.

but then, that's just my opinion.
Yeah, I am aware that your post ITA details have to tally with the details on the Express entry. That's why I want to clarify this at least

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.