Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857128 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 10:42am On Mar 01, 2019
Abk2019:
Pls nairalanders, does anyone know how much OOU charge for transcript and courier and how long it takes. Also,I work in one of the state's ministry(Community Development) which NOC will dat be? and concerning d POF as we all know how civil servants are protesting for minimum wage increase, won't it disqualify me,if I av d required funds in my account as a level 8officer. Though, building d account isn't a problem but my salary can never amount to d required fund for a yr, even if I decide not to spend it at all. Am d PA, but my husband has d money.pls help!

For OOU, its 51k for transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bozz007(m): 10:43am On Mar 01, 2019
Good day guys,

I've just started my road to Canny, I pray it's swift and successful.

I've started the WES ECA but my school is proving to be a serious pain in the ass but I will overcome surely. I'm also studying religiously for IELTS scheduled for April 20th.

Now to the clarification I need......my sister and her husband already have PR and the hubby moved over there about a year ago (she was the primary applicant). However, my sister is still living in Nigeria and she has only travelled to Canada twice. Both times, she didn't stay more than a month before coming back to Nigeria.

Will I still get extra points for family member in Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Abk2019: 11:01am On Mar 01, 2019
Thanks,is courier inclusive? and how long
Sthill5:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Abk2019: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2019
Sthill5:

thanks,is courier inclusive and for how long
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 11:06am On Mar 01, 2019
Amen oo...

We will all be celebrated on this platform by God's grace.

Yuyukoko:
Was just wondering if raphrulz has received his PPR , opened nairaland to ask and I see I'm not alone... We can't wait to celebrate you. Well done!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:06am On Mar 01, 2019
xpizzy:
Good Morning Everyone, I have been a silent observer, I logged into my account on Sunday and the application status bar tracker was no longer there and it has remained the same till date. AOR is 16th Feb. Any reason to be worried?

Hey chief. Any luck? Can you now see the status tracker?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 11:09am On Mar 01, 2019
Abk2019:
thanks,is courier inclusive and for how long

Doesn't include courier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2019
Greatkhad:
Hey guys please o..your help is required.

What is holding me back from submitting is work reference letter..not almighty pof..its letter.

So my organisation doesnt give ref letter in cic format, when they do its just employment level and salary they will state.

The problem now is that our boss has warned that no body should write ref letter for colleague. So i cant get that one everybody is scared.

I can prove that i work there with id and bank statements. But i dont know how to prove my Noc, as every letter i have from the company doesnt state my job role only level.

I believe proving NoC is important in this process. Sorry for all this long gist which is meant for ppr..but someone should help.

@t.ojued @ifeo.ma77 @joo2.018
Use the one they gave you, then write LOE to explain why you can't provide in CIC format.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:13am On Mar 01, 2019
Topsmamen:

The highlighted text in bold.
@Toj.ued, @Ifeo.ma77, everyone..... should we tell Ra.mj?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
He is a She tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:14am On Mar 01, 2019
Teqla:
Congratulations Toju.ed and R.amj

Ifeo.ma77 your PPR is loading........
Amen
kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2019
bozz007:
Good day guys,

I've just started my road to Canny, I pray it's swift and successful.

I've started the WES ECA but my school is proving to be a serious pain in the ass but I will overcome surely. I'm also studying religiously for IELTS scheduled for April 20th.

Now to the clarification I need......my sister and her husband already have PR and the hubby moved over there about a year ago (she was the primary applicant). However, my sister is still living in Nigeria and she has only travelled to Canada twice. Both times, she didn't stay more than a month before coming back to Nigeria.
Will I still get extra points for family member in Canada
If she will move back before your AOR, then yes you can claim points.
If not, nope

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Shuga014: 11:28am On Mar 01, 2019
Hello everyone ,
I'm quite new here..
I just started my express entry thingy .
Ielts LSRW 7.5, 7.5 6.0, 6.0
I'm the PA.
Im 28 yrs old,a health professional, studied in the uni for 6yrs; with 5yrs work experience.
Do i need to repeat the ielts exam ?Im scared my CRS will be low
And also, do i have to wait for my hubby to write his ielts and ECA assessments before entering the pool.
I would appreciate prompt responses .
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 11:42am On Mar 01, 2019
Sthill5:

You can use the CRS calculator to know
ok thanks done that. But I've asked WES if they will evaluate Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply advanced certificate, as spouse is a member and can easily take the exam and pass. I hope WES says yes sha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by boco2126: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2019
Thanks so much
joo2018:
I did mine like this:
Production Officer (NYSC): 2015
Production Officer: 2016 - 2018

You have to consider how your company will address it in your reference letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adenikeO: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2019
I did Certificate in IT.
The next available exam date is in September, March sitting is closed. I used roughly 2 months to prepare with prior knowledge in IT.
N.B: The results for September will be out in December, so weigh your options properly.

You'll pay a membership annual fee that costs 37 pounds, then each module below in Certificate in IT cost 40 pounds each.

Information Systems
Software Development
Computer & Network Technology

Exam Subtotal :120 pounds
Membership annual fee: 37 pounds
Grand total: 157 pounds.

That's roughly about 74,000 naira.

Ocon:
Please, which of the certificate did you do? ( Diploma in IT, professional graduate or the basic certificate in IT).
Also, can someone complete the basic certificate in 3-4 months? What's the final cost for the whole process
Sorry for bothering you with questions
Thanks

11 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:56am On Mar 01, 2019
Congratulations!!!!!

Ramj:
Gather round Gather round

Something has landed

And to the Glory of God may I declare that it is PPR.

My people the Golden mail has landed

Thanks soo much for all the love and support.

Full story coming soon. Get ready

Je m'appelle PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Swansy10: 11:56am On Mar 01, 2019
Wow! Left this place for 2 days and I came back to this heavy downpour. See rain, I don wet finish.

Congratulations

@ Tojued: I don’t why I also thought you were a guy. Your journey was not for the weak, you must be one strong woman.

@Temas: My bro from another mother, I can’t start to explain how much you’ve encouraged me especially with this our North Cyprus PCC. Thank you sir and I wish you and your family Gods blessings in Canada. Abeg do come share your story make we read.

@Ramj: Our able senior, you have been a blessing to many here and I pray Canada blesses you abundantly.

@Ifeoma!, Ifeoma!!, Ifeoma!!!, how many times did I call you? Go and pack you bags, it’s coming. Definitely this month. Congratulations

Congrats to all PPR clinchers

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Swansy10: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Shuga014:
Hello everyone ,
I'm quite new here..
I just started my express entry thingy .
Ielts LSRW 7.5, 7.5 6.0, 6.0
I'm the PA.
Im 28 yrs old,a health professional, studied in the uni for 6yrs; with 5yrs work experience.
Do i need to repeat the ielts exam ?Im scared my CRS will be low
And also, do i have to wait for my hubby to write his ielts and ECA assessments before entering the pool.
I would appreciate prompt responses .
Thank you

Unfortunately you’d have to take the exam again. You need to score atleast 8777 in LRWS. I would advice you start your ECA immediately while you and hubby retake the exam. You’d need your ECA and IELTS to enter the pool. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Josh121(m): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2019
adenikeO:
I did Certificate in IT.
The next available exam date is in September, March sitting is closed. I used roughly 2 months to prepare with prior knowledge in IT.
N.B: The results for September will be out in December, so weigh your options properly.

You'll pay a membership annual fee that costs 37 pounds, then each module below in Certificate in IT cost 40 pounds each.

Information Systems
Software Development
Computer & Network Technology

Exam Subtotal :120 pounds
Membership annual fee: 37 pounds
Grand total: 157 pounds.

That's roughly about 74,000 naira.

Please where did you get the materials
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2019
@RUBYRUBY If you have not gotten a reply yet to the Unilag diploma question, you cannot use it, it would not fly with WES. Check here https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/480#75640381
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatkhad: 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Use the one they gave you, then write LOE to explain why you can't provide in CIC format.

Thank you ifeoma for the good work you are doing on here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Shuga014: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2019
Thanks Swansky. I appreciate .just for clarification,Is it just my IELTS and ECA + hubbys IELTS that's required to enter the pool ??
What of his ECA?

Unfortunately you’d have to take the exam again. You need to score atleast 8777 in LRWS. I would advice you start your ECA immediately while you and hubby retake the exam. You’d need your ECA and IELTS to enter the pool. Goodluck [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CanadasGOAT: 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ramj:

Tales by Moonlight – Episode PPR – Written by Ramj

[s]In a land of myth, and a time of magic… the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name… Merlin.
[/s]

So the story began in 2013 as Masters was rounding off and RamjMrs' aunty started pressing us, what are you guys going to go and do in Naija.

You better ja yourself. Australia and Canada were ready options, then the Aussies were giving this open year permit to graduates from select countries to come and boost their economy.
Moreover 2013, the advent of Boko Haram – what?? bombing and killings like no man business in Nigeria – home was not calling at all.

But as the Word of God says there is a time for everything and a season for every purpose under the sun.

Did Ramj want to come back def not, but deep within I knew home was calling – I can’t begin to discuss this. This however I am sure home was the place to be and in the words of the US VOs - Build your home ties – God brought me home to build home ties. GBAM I bless God home ties have been built.

Life went on job to job and marriage and life was looking God. (Books can not contain this part of the story)

Fast-forward to 2017 and my colleague at work who had started the process started troubling me – You are just wasting here all manner but me I no even hear wetin im dey talk. However the seed was been planted and late 2017 I visited Nairaland and met part 3 (went back to part 1 and 2 then joined the team in good time) Nonetheless no step was taken – the prospect of been back abroad is always a tempter if you have lived abroad but I had to be sure it was the right move (I appeal to all this is a good opportunity but is it the right thing for you – you decide)

When the green light was seen immediately I created WES account for RamjMrs and Ramj- January 22nd 2018 and the rest to the Glory of God is now entering the history books

Decision to travel was January 2018 and immediately I got the go ahead WES registration straight.

IELTS
First IELTS Ramj MRs - May 12, 2018 …. Didn't go to script
8 6.5 6 8.5 (those that wrote MOD May 12 2018 can tell the story better the venue was M3 event centre Ojodu berger) Ojo buruku esu kai – help me translate
Nonetheless RamjMrs got seriously sick 2 weeks to exams was hospitalised but Glory to God
RamjMrs ECA was ready by 6th June 2018 for wife MSc Only by WES. We entered the ocean straight away irrespective of first IELTS result and sat humbly at 389 there about

Second IELTS August 18
God came throough for us August 31 (RamjMrs) 8, 9, 7, 8.5 – LRWS.
CRS would then be porudly sitting at 448 grin grin grin but I didn’t update, my monkey no fit chop banana because POF never dey kampe

My ECA was still in the pipeline but not needed (ECA released October 12, 2018)

The Gathering
Document gathering started and it was going rather seamlessly, medicals PCC later done after ITA November 9 at Q-Life. POF was the real deal – matured investment the coy no gree pay and that just changed the entire picture. Had to start super hussling but God came through yet again

POF - Got gift deed from RamjMum, invested in Tbills prepared Gift Deed in affidavit format (however I did not submit the gift deed – had it just if they asked later) Plus
Stanbic Reference letter - Money Market had some funds there got the reference seamlessly and added wifey’s PFA from ARM as well.

Surprise Draw
After October 3rd draw was 445 fear catch me na so I quickly update RamjMrs’ super-duper IELTS result … . Then unexpectedly on that Glorious Monday of 15th October there was a surprise draw and ITA landed like shines teeth.
Wanted to decline ITA as POF never gallant RamjMrs say make we keep on, we braced on the say the rest is ……..

Timeline
ITA October 15, 2018
AOR November 20, 2018
MEP/BIL Dececmber 27, 2018
Biometrics Done December 28, 2018
Raised CSE January and VO – Ottawa
RPRF ADR – February 7, 2019 paid and updated same day and then the review and finally the status was changed to Not Applicable Feb 22nd and then the excitement increased but no shows still.
However yesterday the penultimate day of the RCCG 49 days Prayer and Fasting Programme the word I got was within the next 24hours I am going to have my testimony and ohhh dear how I keyed into it and …..
5:01am February 28th 2019 PPR Email came less than 24hours after the word was spoken.
Glory to God.

This Morning
I saw the email as I woke up around 5:30 went to RamjMrs who was preparing for work around and then I held her face like a man beholding her bride after removing the veil and the words – We are gonna be Permananet Residents came out.
You know when all the while during the wait you feel when the Pret Pour Visa email comes you will shout and tear the roof of.
Hmm well I couldn’t, the email was there staring at me in the face saying I don come oya tear the roof let me see. I look at it and i just feel calm and gentle – Yes no doubt the joy is there but the feeling is just that of mixed emotions of joy,awe and the future stares at you.
You just feel grateful but gentle.

Submission sharp sharp – I had readied Passports and Passport Photograph just on Sunday like I knew it was near
Had some appointments for the day but mhen Naija would not sleep it didn’t enter VFS today. After all was done I got to VFS around past 1 pm.
Small “Sufferment”
Chaiii I suffer oo those guys told me to seat in the wrong queue despite telling them 2ce what I came in for. More than one hour sitting tensely excited to get this over with and go home yet I dey wrong queue. I just wanted to go home and take the whole thing in.
After I was moved it was all done within 45 minutes. (Guys make sure you tell them you are here for PPT)

Glory to Goddddd all submitted and now before moving to the next – I wanna celebrate this.

Thank you Jesus

Je m'appelle FillInTheBlankSpace

congrats on your ppr

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CanadasGOAT: 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
raphrulz:
Wow!!!!

The Lord is good.... all the time.

It is so exciting that everything has all ended in praise.

All the pains and struggle for the process are over now.

...and thanks for sharing your PPR script with us, even as a silent reader grin grin

I will rate your script 8.2/10.... Very good score.

Please, do not forget to drop your landing thesis in the sister thread oooo....

I wish you great success and favour in Cannyland.

God bless you abundantly

thank you Prof it will end in praise for al our brethren that are expecting ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MayoDebz(f): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
Hello everyone.
Please for those who done ECA or MCC verification from UNIZIK, how was the process? Did you have any issues. Is there a contact for MCC verification, share if you have.
Thank you people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Abk2019: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
Pls nairalanders,I work in one of the state's ministry(Community Development) which NOC will dat be? and concerning d POF as we all know how civil servants are protesting for minimum wage increase, won't it disqualify me,if I av d required funds in my account as a level 8officer. Though, building d account isn't a problem but my salary can never amount to d required fund for a yr, even if I decide not to spend it at all. Am d PA, but my husband has d money.pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gabzi28: 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ramj:

Tales by Moonlight – Episode PPR – Written by Ramj
Real tales by moonlight! Congratulation! Praise be to God!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
Abk2019:

Pls nairalanders,I work in one of the state's ministry(Community Development) which NOC will dat be? and concerning d POF as we all know how civil servants are protesting for minimum wage increase, won't it disqualify me,if I av d required funds in my account as a level 8officer. Though, building d account isn't a problem but my salary can never amount to d required fund for a yr, even if I decide not to spend it at all. Am d PA, but my husband has d money.pls help

You'll have to use your job description to check if it's on the NOC list. POF must not necessarily come from your salary, if you have the required amount in your account and you can explain how you acquired it, no wahala. If you want to use your husband's money too, no wahala
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Swansy10: 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
Shuga014:
Thanks Swansky. I appreciate .just for clarification,Is it just my IELTS and ECA + hubbys IELTS that's required to enter the pool ??
What of his ECA?

Unfortunately you’d have to take the exam again. You need to score atleast 8777 in LRWS. I would advice you start your ECA immediately while you and hubby retake the exam. You’d need your ECA and IELTS to enter the pool. Goodluck

You can enter the pool with just your ECA and IELTS though your CRS might be too low to fetch you ITA. I would advice you to get your husbands ECA and preferably IELTS to increase your CRS. Note that since your husband is not the PA he doesn’t have to get the 8777.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adenikeO: 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2019
I bought them from a tutor at New Horizon Ikeja, He used to lecture for students enrolled for BCS in New Horizon.

When I asked why they didn't take the course anymore, they said that they had very few students that enrolled as years rolled by and that they were still paying accreditation fee and as such were making losses. So they scraped it totally.
Josh121:

Please where did you get the materials

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.