Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857216 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CheesyTee(f): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2019
You have to physically apply for it or have someone apply on your behalf. Either ways, the person has to be in Ado

aragbaboy:
Please has anyone requested for transcript from Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti, I will like to know the process and if one must be there physically? My wife graduated from there some years back and currently based in Port Harcourt with no contact in the university to make enquiry on her behalf. She just gave birth and not keen on traveling for now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by boco2126: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2019
replied.
Amicusacuriae:
morning sir i am your learned colleague who is also interested in this express entry stuff. Would be glad if u drop ur whatsapp number xo i can find out some details from u. This is my nunber 08124890654. Tanx and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Omajolly: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2019
Yes. Just your LLB cert will do it. No need to add your BL. Cheers!
shezpwiti:
Pls i need help. I am about to start my process for express entry to Canada. Pls i want to know if IQAS will evaluate my LLB to a professional certificate. Pls i will appreciate if i get an answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Dannyko: 10:29am On Mar 05, 2019
ghuzy01:

Pls how can someone join the AVO group..any link?
I don't have an idea as my VO was Ottawa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shezpwiti(f): 10:45am On Mar 05, 2019
Thank you very much[ quote author=Omajolly post=76365553]Yes. Just your LLB cert will do it. No need to add your BL. Cheers!
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sannisege: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2019
Flaj:

Were you asked to do an ECG? You should pass regardless
I was asked only asked to do serum creatinine test, which they said the result was fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chicyclass(f): 10:51am On Mar 05, 2019
Chai! Beautiful result!

Stay strong sis

trendy09:

Ikorodu center here i come...Thanks all for showing concern.It meant a lot.
@chichi...LRSW- 8,7,8,6.5.Thats the result that BC gave me grin cheesy smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raspberry88: 10:59am On Mar 05, 2019
Please o, does CIC check your WES and IELTS during the completeness check or during eligibility check after AOR?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sannisege: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Scandinavian02:

What was your BP reading?

Based on the new medical inadmissibility policy, that is not a reason to be denied PR. There are cases of people with HIV/AIDS who got PR and were only advised to reduce their viral loads.

Hypertension does/will not pose a social risk to Canadian nor would it strain their medical facilities/cost.

Relax your mind!
Thank you for the response. I cannot vividly remember the BP reading cos I was confused at the time when the doc said I was mildly hypertensive. I'll keep hope alive and pray for the best outcome. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by FaskRolce: 11:22am On Mar 05, 2019
hello people, please has anyone done IELTS in Ilorin centre? Do they use headphones? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Zinnyk: 11:22am On Mar 05, 2019
Good morning house, please I need advice on this. Hubby is considering me to be the PA, being that am younger(37) with a diploma and degree cert,I have 3years work experience but presently not working now,doing my baking and food business .

The problem is the company I worked with is no longer in existence ( the shut down) so don't know how to go about getting a reference letter. On the other hand ,hubby is older (41),already has a master degree and currently doing another UK masters programme with over 13yrs work experience. Please will really appreciate your suggestions
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2019
Sannisege:
Thank you for the response. I cannot vividly remember the BP reading cos I was confused at the time when the doc said I was mildly hypertensive. I'll keep hope alive and pray for the best outcome. Thank you and God bless.

Calm down ......no shaking!!

just put your mind at rest, everything will go well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Amakal: 11:43am On Mar 05, 2019
Wow!! Congrats @Ramj

Ramj:
Gather round Gather round

Something has landed

And to the Glory of God may I declare that it is PPR.

My people the Golden mail has landed

Thanks soo much for all the love and support.

Full story coming soon. Get ready

Je m'appelle PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2019
Zinnyk:
Good morning house, please I need advice on this. Hubby is considering me to be the PA, being that am younger(37) with a diploma and degree cert,I have 3years work experience but presently not working now,doing my baking and food business .

The problem is the company I worked with is no longer in existence ( the shut down) so don't know how to go about getting a reference letter. On the other hand ,hubby is older (41),already has a master degree and currently doing another UK masters programme with over 13yrs work experience. Please will really appreciate your suggestions
Thanks.

Check here for a post on how people tackled this issue

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bellville: 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
toyinana:
Please can anyone help with link on how to apply for ielts through MOD, I want to shift base from BC.
Your prompt response will be appreciated.
If you're in Lagos and you have some time to spare on a weekday, go to their office in Ogudu with your international passport and Atm debit card (there's POS). You would do the registration right there and then. That's how I did mine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatlady234: 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello everyone. Please does anyone have an idea on the body (credentials evaluation) In charge for a stylist?...asking for a friend
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ramj: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2019
wendylicious9:
Hi guys, please I need your input on this.

My friend is about to start Express Entry process. Her real date of birth is 1985, but her international passport has 1986. All other documents carry 1985 as her date of birth. She decided to use ICES instead of WES for her credential evaluation in order to avoid issues with the date of birth.
She got a US visa using this international passport as well.

She is about to submit documents for her M.Sc with NOUN. She doesn't know if she needs to attach an affidavit of wrong date of birth on her passport with her undergraduate degree transcript which carries 1985.

Also what are the implications of going ahead with the wrong date of birth for her express entry application? Cost of correction of international passport is about 150k and she will still need to travel to Abuja. I don't think she has this amount to spare at the moment.

Please assist with your opinions/suggestions/comments.

Thank you.

Your international passport is your official document for this journey - all else are minor LET HER GO AND CORRECT AGE ON INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT - SIMPLE. She better look for the money.

Let her register for NOUN with other ID she has for now

IMPLICATION IS MISREPRESENTATION and AGE DOCTORING - 5-10 years ban

Je m'appelle MisRepAttractsBan

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
Greatlady234:
Hello everyone. Please does anyone have an idea on the body (credentials evaluation) In charge for a stylist?...asking for a friend

Does the stylist have a degree? Or are there other qualifications peculiar to stylists?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by biskol: 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
FaskRolce:
hello people, please has anyone done IELTS in Ilorin centre? Do they use headphones? thanks

I havnt but i heard they do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatlady234: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Does the stylist have a degree? Or are there other qualifications peculiar to stylists?

She has several certificates. Wes should do right? She just wants to be sure so no money is wasted and things are done right from the beginning.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
Greatlady234:

She has several certificates. Wes should do right? She just wants to be sure so no money is wasted and things are done right from the beginning.

If you're talking about a skilled trades application, that's a totally different ball game. But if you're talking about express entry, then WES is generally okay, except in specific cases that require specific evaluations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatlady234: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Jennypharb1:

If you're talking about a skilled trades application, that's a totally different ball game. But if you're talking about express entry, then WES is generally okay, except in specific cases that require specific evaluations.

Skilled trade application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Greatlady234: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
Jennypharb1:

How is it different, please enlighten me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by firpemi(f): 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello E-fam, in the real IELTS listening exam will your answer be wrong if (1) i wrote 5-7 and there answer is five to seven (2) if the passage said the Great british Museum which i wrote but the answer says British Museum help me judge ieltsonlintest practise test oo, i was happy after i completed the test in time only for me to review/mark the solutions i got 6.5/9 but i added all the simple omissions and additions to my mark and got 8.3~8.5/9.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oracletsho: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
wendylicious9:
Hi guys, please I need your input on this.

My friend is about to start Express Entry process. Her real date of birth is 1985, but her international passport has 1986. All other documents carry 1985 as her date of birth. She decided to use ICES instead of WES for her credential evaluation in order to avoid issues with the date of
birth.
She got a US visa using this international passport as well.

She is about to submit documents for her M.Sc with NOUN. She doesn't know if she needs to attach an affidavit of wrong date of birth on her passport with her undergraduate degree transcript which carries 1985.

Also what are the implications of going ahead with the wrong date of birth for her express entry application? Cost of correction of international passport is about 150k and she will still need to travel to Abuja. I don't think she has this amount to spare at the moment.

Please assist with your opinions/suggestions/comments.

Thank you.

Hi,
Have you been able to resolve this issue?
I have the same problem and looking for a way out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
firpemi:
Hello E-fam, in the real IELTS listening exam will your answer be wrong if (1) i wrote 5-7 and there answer is five to seven (2) if the passage said the Great british Museum which i wrote but the answer says British Museum help me judge ieltsonlintest practise test oo, i was happy after i completed the test in time only for me to review/mark the solutions i got 6.5/9 but i added all the simple omissions and additions to my mark and got 8.3~8.5/9.

Yes, your answers will definitely be wrong. You only need to strictly follow the instructions.

For example, in your responses;

1. The speaker in the audio must have said "five to seven" and you wrote "5-7". In proper English, the word "to" is not the same as "-".
2. They must have said WRITE NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS, but you wrote "The Great British Museum" instead of "British Museum".

The Great British Museum = 4 words (wrong).
British Museum = 2 words (right).

The idea is to ensure you quickly (speed) and carefully (accuracy) read the instructions under each section before you proceed. Some sections say, "WRITE NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER". This means that your answer can be:
- one word
- one number
- a word and number
- two words
- two words and a number (for example, 27 Woods Street).

It is likely that one of the answers in that section will require two words or two words and a number. Keep at it, practice makes perfect. Good luck on the test.

On another note, does anyone have Brighter Grammar that they are not using at the moment?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
firpemi:

Instructions!!!! Very important

If thé instruction says "In no more than two words" Great British Muséum is wrong whereas British Muséum is correct

If the instruction says "in three words and/or a figure"
5-7 is wrong
Five to Seven is correct

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
Topsmamen:

Yes, your answers will definitely be wrong. You only need to strictly follow the instructions.

For example, in your responses;

1. The speaker in the audio must have said "five to seven" and you wrote "5-7". In proper English, the word "to" is not the same as "-".
2. They must have said WRITE NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS, but you wrote "The Great British Museum" instead of "British Museum".

The Great British Museum = 4 words (wrong).
British Museum = 2 words (right).

The idea is to ensure you quickly (speed) and carefully (accuracy) read the instructions under each section before you proceed. Some sections say, "WRITE NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER". This means that your answer can be:
- one word
- one number
- a word and number
- two words
- two words and a number (for example, 27 Woods Street).

It is likely that one of the answers in that section will require two words or two words and a number. Keep at it, practice makes perfect. Good luck on the test.

On another note, does anyone have Brighter Grammar that they are not using at the moment?
The IELTS Listening wants to start giving me headache. I've been posting regular scores since (8,8.5) 35 to 39 but recently I dropped to 30-33 over the last five tests I've taken since Friday and I must have taken 20+ Listening tests since beginning of February. What could be the problem? Any tips.

I'm considering engaging Tuteria, anyone used them before for IELTS? I'm slated to write witg MOD on 6th April.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Amakal: 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
It depends on what the INSTRUCTIONS were.

e.g write NOT MORE than 2 words AND/OR a number? write not more than two words only?

Follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

firpemi:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
Greatlady234:

How is it different, please enlighten me

Skilled trades require a different evaluation from the bodies in charge of those trades in Canada, WES and the rest are mostly for educational credentials for the federal skilled workers application. The information is on the CIC page on federal skilled trades application. Both of them are still under express entry

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chukwuemeka275(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
Unizik is very easy, you need to budget around 30k. That is to pay for transcript and have them send it to WES via courier. I dont quite remember the exact amount but I think the transcript is 10k courier(UPS) 11.5K then you may be to grease palms so that it gets done immediately. Kindly ensure you give them the correct WES address or they will deny you if shit happens.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chukwuemeka275(m): 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=MayoDebz post=76306568]Please nairalanders I need help o.
cc Newmum0615 please I need your help
[/quote

Unizik is very easy, you need to budget around 30k. That is to pay for transcript and have them send it to WES via courier. I dont quite remember the exact amount but I think the transcript is 10k courier(UPS) 11.5K then you may be to grease palms so that it gets done immediately. Kindly ensure you give them the correct WES address or they will deny you if shit happens.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.