Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner (27212 Views)

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. / How Do U Handle A Disrespectful Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2019
Gracesofar:

God wasn't the one talking there. It was apostle paul anf it was addrrssed to the Ephesians not couples.

Receive understanding ijn
So would you say the same for the other verses?
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Gracesofar(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

ephesians 5 vs 21 read it I am not a christian anyway it am not a christian anyway.I don't care what a cave archaic book says

Neither does the Quran say other wise about submission nor the bhavgad gita.
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Gracesofar(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

So would you say the same for the other verses?

I don't get you. The lady in question talked about God asking men to submit to their spouse an she gave a bible verse to back that up. I just pointed out she used the wrong bible verse because it didn't go in line with her argument
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2019
Gracesofar:

[s]Madam stop coming to form wha you are not just for attention an cheap likes. U started by quoting a wrong bible verse later you said u ain't a christian. Someone tried coreecting your myopia view of things an you went on calling the bible different names. The book you tried using to defend your insanity.

You are either obviously bitter or craving to attention. But whatever you do guard your utterances. Forget you are anonymous. Be real to yourself and reasonable.[/s]

Have fun amigo
He did not correct anything that verse talks to both of them you lots are quick to remind the women about submission but slow to remind your selves of your own responsibilities.You are the on insane here I used the cavebook to prove my point which he made from the samw cavebook.
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2019
Gracesofar:

I don't get you. The lady in question talked about God asking men to submit to their spouse an she gave a bible verse to back that up. I just pointed out she used the wrong bible verse because it didn't go in line with her argument
I am the said lady.
Ypu are claiming it is apostle Paul word the Ephesians verse I quoted and I ask if the rest of that Same verse is Paul opinion to the people of ephesians and not God
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by bolaluv(f): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop being in sissy my brother...

BTW You have to breakup with her. A disrespectful girlfriend is not one a man need in his life! But in your next relationship ensure you be a real man!

Yea, real men don't chase respect it cm to em naturally
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by PROPHETmichael: 11:39am On Feb 19, 2019
GoodBoi1:
I really love my girlfriend but I'm not sure I can cope with her attitude that I have pointed out over time. I believe she loves me too but at times she talks to me disrespectfully, uses wrong, unfriendly tone.

When I try to correct her she denies and it leads to arguments. I'm just tired of this and I'm contemplating breaking up with her but she has other good traits that makes me feel I should just be patient with her.

Pls, I need advise as I fear we will often be quarreling if we get married.

Is that how she was when you first met her or she develop it in the middle of the relationship? If the answer is the latter, then am afraid she's collecting things outside.
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Quorax: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2019
Chepy:
Na her nature. Just get used to it and learn to laugh. Mine is same.
P.S giving her space will destroy your relationship. Trust me. You either get used to it or decide you don’t want it. Mine is better now, at least for the past 1 month cheesy
u b mumu but u don't know it. When you marry her, ur eyes go clear.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by alexola20(m): 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2019

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by ianq: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
Here is an incontestable fact- whether it is admitted or not, a woman's 'respect' for a man is a direct consequence of his earning power and especially so in so-called '3rd world countries'.

To simplify- the more you earn, the more respect from a woman(and from folks in general) you command. For example, in Nigaria, if you earn less than ngn40k monthly, you cannot reasonably expect your woman to 'submit' to ur admonishing. Therefore, a right-thinking man might wanna address the more pressing issue of penury first before the added heartache of a disrespectful woman.

The threshold where some respect is earned? In Nigeria, about the ngn100k mark would do(this figure representing savings after household expenditures) otherwise, you are taking a big, fat, potentially fatal(depending on how emotionally strong u are) risk, being in a relationship.

Op, how much do you earn?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by jakandeola(m): 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2019
Preshy561:
Some people, both genders have harsh way of talking to people.

Just pray to God about it or better watch war room, things will be better.
beauty plus brain nice one.
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by onpoint69(m): 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2019
GoodBoi1:
I really love my girlfriend but I'm not sure I can cope with her attitude that I have pointed out over time. I believe she loves me too but at times she talks to me disrespectfully, uses wrong, unfriendly tone.

When I try to correct her she denies and it leads to arguments. I'm just tired of this and I'm contemplating breaking up with her but she has other good traits that makes me feel I should just be patient with her.

my wife can be like that sometimes, so I always change it for her when her tone becomes commanding towards me.
she's a good woman, so I have learnt how to manage that side of her. I don't run away from arguments sha, I dey handle am as e dey hot.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by crunchyg: 12:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
He did not correct anything that verse talks to both of them you lots are quick to remind the women about submission but slow to remind your selves of your own responsibilities.You are the on insane here I used the cavebook to prove my point which he made from the samw cavebook.
Let me now put you through this Ephesians 5:21 that you have been shouting here since and I can see you didn't understand it but I will clear you. Don't just read a verse and stop at the verse if not you won't get the full message verse 22 and verse 25 explains that verse 21. You can go back and read Ephesians 5:22 and 25 slowly then you will get the explanation of the 21 verse. You can read it in NIV for a clearer understanding

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
crunchyg:

Let me now put you through this Ephesians 5:21 that you have been shouting here since and I can see you didn't understand it but I will clear you. Don't just read a verse and stop at the verse if not you won't get the full message verse 22 and verse 25 explains that verse 21. You can go back and read Ephesians 5:22 and 25 slowly then you will get the explanation of the 21 verse. You can read it in NIV for a clearer understanding
I know what the verses say I used to take them serious back then not anymore.I would not go back to read a book meant for the stone age thank you.
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Adakintroy: 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
Which kind men do we even have this days.

Your girl talks to you rudely. That's what you came to tell everyone here.

You no fit turn am to play?. We're is your sense of flexibilty.

Ajebota have no buzInes doing relationships. Even with money they are just too boring at times I swear,
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by GRACEGLORY: 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2019
GoodBoi1:

Change is a trans-generational problem: mother and father wants their children to change, children wants parents to change, teachers wants students to change, and vice versa, traders wants customers to change, bus drivers wants passengers to change, land owners wants tenants to change, tri-cyclist sef wants trailer drivers to change, mother in laws wants daughter in laws to change, all vice versa.
There are ways to treat people, in a mature way that makes them change. I agree that some people are saucy naturally, and others don't even know they're, to deal with both groups, wisdom is required: "one must respect himself to be respected." Respect isn't what you demand, you earn it. Brother, you don't ask a woman for respect, else, you'd never smell it let alone get it, you earn it by your attitude. Life is all about attitude.
If you leave her for her being disrespectful, trust me, the next one will surely have a defect too, and so is the next one, and so is the next. If truly you guys love each other, you should work on earning respect, not demanding it. LOVE ISN'T BEANS THAT YOU'D FIND ANYWHERE. Don't throw away your love because you don't understand how to treat a woman.

According to scriptures, the Church represents the woman, while Jesus Christ represents the man, the Church isn't perfect, but Jesus helps her to be perfect, how...

EPHESIANS5:25-27- Husbands love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her
26 to sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
27 and to present her to Himself as a glorious church, without stain or wrinkle or any such blemish, but holy and blameless.…

GET HER TO BE A WIFE AND TRAIN HER UP IN THE LORD grin

Safe
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Mitesh02: 12:32pm On Feb 19, 2019
GoodBoi1:

I have one who came all the way from Warri to Port Harcourt to spend this last weekend with me but me don friend zone her. Just forget about getting married to her, stop dating her and keep her in the friend zone. Non go use name of love take enter early grave. So many stories we see/hear everyday about abusive girlfriends/wives killing their boyfriends/husbands and vice versa, so be careful.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by chiboy1116: 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

Nigerian men and the word submission ehn especially on the part of the woman I thought your holybooks admonished husband and wife to submit to each other why make it a one way thing?
it's wasn't written by Nigerian men , do undecidedu read your Bible ?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by raphroye: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
GoodBoi1:

Which yeye other good traits are you talking about?? A woman that disrespects and talks to you anyhow is a time bomb waiting to explode. Wait till you marry her and see the bad side of her yeye good traits. I will advise you to drop her and get yourself another girl

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Gracesofar(m): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I am the said lady.
Ypu are claiming it is apostle Paul word the Ephesians verse I quoted and I ask if the rest of that Same verse is Paul opinion to the people of ephesians and not God

OK you are right
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by david290(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
jaxxy:

A gal who can’t take correction has no good traits don’t waste ur time. I’m not saying she will stop bt making effort to reduce her overly insultive mouth will go along way to show she’s maturing.

Also it depends on what u can take. I can’t stand insultive people, if I like her we may date for the fun bt marriage will not even be close to an option. In other words if she can’t change now dump her rude ass unless u can tolerate it with no complains. Goodluck
Thank you for pointing this out. Disrespectul or not, I personally will never get involved with a person who hates correction or lacks a teachable spirit. The Op does not even know he has a bigger issue at hand. I have a firsthand experience. Dad and mom are clever dicks - neither will ever agree to be in the wrong. Their marriage is over three decades but so far growth has been very slow (if there is any at all). Should it not be for their religious inclination, I can almost bet my left ball their marriage wouldn't have lasted one week.
And to all ye "no one is perfect crew." Maybe it is a Nigerian thing I wouldn't know. But let me say that it is not all the time that people leave their partner only to meet someone who is worse off. And what happens to constantly improving ourselves instead of always looking for someone who will "love us for who we are?" Perfection may not be achievable but at least we can try.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by GoodBoi1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
onpoint69:

my wife can be like that sometimes, so I always change it for her when her tone becomes commanding towards me.
she's a good woman, so I have learnt how to manage that side of her. I don't run away from arguments sha, I dey handle am as e dey hot.

Pls how do you change it for her?
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by AllenSpencer: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2019
USE HER FOR MONEY RITUALS
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Abbeymoore10(m): 2:27pm On Feb 19, 2019
Guy na him b say u too dense
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2019
GoodBoi1:

Dump her..you are a man ND u also have ur pride.use ur pride.. dump her..tell her u can't deal with her. There are thousands of fishes in d ocean

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by EngrKem: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

Nigerian men and the word submission ehn especially on the part of the woman I thought your holybooks admonished husband and wife to submit to each other why make it a one way thing?
U don't know what the bible said, the bible says "Woman submit to ur husband and husband love ur woman"
Woman must learn to submit

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by EngrKem: 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

But a woman needs a disrespectful man in a relationship abi?Real man ko,fake man ni.
U r not making sense. Woman must respect her man and another word for respect is submission!
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Scarface22(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2019
Oga go and make money then you will see that most girls are so polite. That’s a fact!!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2019
ianq:
Here is an incontestable fact- whether it is admitted or not, a woman's 'respect' for a man is a direct consequence of his earning power and especially so in so-called '3rd world countries'.

To simplify- the more you earn, the more respect from a woman(and from folks in general) you command. For example, in Nigaria, if you earn less than ngn40k monthly, you cannot reasonably expect your woman to 'submit' to ur admonishing. Therefore, a right-thinking man might wanna address the more pressing issue of penury first before the added heartache of a disrespectful woman.

The threshold where some respect is earned? In Nigeria, about the ngn100k mark would do(this figure representing savings after household expenditures) otherwise, you are taking a big, fat, potentially fatal(depending on how emotionally strong u are) risk, being in a relationship.

Op, how much do you earn?

Bro, you just broke this table for real lmao.

This is the sole reason why feminism cannot work in this country & whosoever is claiming to be a feminist online/offline in Nigeria is just a joker.

Since Women still place respect to a Man's earning power, it means she wasn't expecting to be equal in the first place.

Equality says you should respect everyone equally irrespective of gender, income etc.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by crunchyg: 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I know what the verses say I used to take them serious back then not anymore.I would not go back to read a book meant for the stone age thank you.
You know what the verses says, so why are you still arguing blindly?
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Goldmaxx(f): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
Oyindidi:
How you want her to talk to you?
you don't have sense..
Re: My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
crunchyg:

You know what the verses says, so why are you still arguing blindly?
Arguing blindly in what read ephesians 5 vs 21 and understand then leave my mentions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"He Came Into Her Hospital As A Patient And Got A Lifetime Healing". Photos / I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married / Have You Ever Dated A Girl Out Of Pity??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.