Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Forgive And Forget - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgive And Forget (163 Views)

Forgive And Forget, How Possible / Does The Bible Instruct Us To Forgive And Forget? / How Often Do You Forgive And Forget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgive And Forget by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 19, 2019
Forgive and Forget

Text: Matthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Peter was asking our Lord Jesus on the number of times he can forgive his fellow man who offends him. Jesus reply was seventy times seven. But Jesus was implying that we should forgive as many time as possible a man offends you.

Forgiveness is an attribute of GOD which you must exhibit since you are in Christ. Christ displayed forgiveness and expects you to forgive those who offend you.

John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Irrespective of what that person has done, always forgive. To express the Love of Christ, you must forgive. GOD forgave us of our sins and He expects us to forgive those who offend us.

Forgiveness is not complete without forgetting, forgetting is not about taking it away from your memory. It is about how you relate with the person whom you claim you have forgiven.

Ehh, I have forgiven him, but I won't talk to him anymore,
I have forgiven him but I have learnt my lessons, I won't have anything to do with Him again.

If these are your thought or sayings after you claim to have forgiven or whenever anything happens, you begin recount all the wrong the person has done to you - then you have not forgiven.

Forgiveness is letting go as if it never happened, the same way GOD forgives your sins and never remembers it.

After forgiveness, the way you relate with such person is like nothing happened.

I know you might be thinking that - maybe you don't know what He did. It may be painful but always learn to let go.

If you don't forgive, GOD will not also forgive you.

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Forgive and forget as though it never happened.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

(1) (Reply)

UNDONE RESTITUTION Acts 24:16 / Enugu Nysc Youth Service( All You Need To Know) / Enugu Nysc Youth Service( All You Need To Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.