Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* (8236 Views)

Seven Months After Inauguration, Buhari Achieves One Of 222 Campaign Promises – / Photos Of Osinbajo Viewing Election Results In APC Situation Room / Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2010
The supergirl who racked up 15A*
Chidera Ota led the GCSE roll of honour yesterday with 15 A*s.

Chidera, who studied Latin twice a week in her lunch break, has gained a scholarship to attend King's School, Canterbury, where she will study chemistry, physics, biology, maths and further maths A-levels.

The 16-year-old pupil at Highsted Grammar School, Sittingbourne, Kent, achieved the grades in English literature and language, maths, statistics, French, German, Latin, history, sociology, chemistry, biology, physics and an IT qualification worth three GCSEs.
Chidera, who lives with her Nigerian-born parents - Uchenna, a GP, and Mercy, a nurse - in the Isle of Sheppey, wants to become a doctor.
She said: 'I stayed home a lot and put a lot of work into my GCSEs. I want to become a doctor so I know it's a very hard and competitive field and I need to do extremely well to get into medicine.
'I want to go to a top university and have already looked around Oxford and Cambridge. I think I'd like to go to St John's College at Cambridge.'
Seven-year-old OSCAR SELBY achieved an A* in GCSE maths - the youngest person to gain the super grade.

Oscar, from Epsom, Surrey, spent four hours every Saturday for nine months studying for the course through Hertfordshire-based Ryde Teaching.
He said: 'It was hard work but I did enjoy it. I was rather nervous on the day of the exam but it was easier than the normal ones I had done.'
Oscar, who attends Stamford Green Primary School in Epsom, said he hoped to concentrate on science next.
LEWIS BARGE, SEBASTIAN BURKE, CAMERON IMRAY and HENRY MAYNARD are celebrating after gaining 48 A*s between them. The 16-year-old pupils at Warwick School were each awarded 12 A*s.

Headmaster Edward Halse said: 'It's a great achievement.'
PARVINDER DALAY (17 passes), KIRANJIT GILL (17), HARPREET BHACHU (17) and ISMAIL ALI (12) from Holyhead School in Handsworth, Birmingham, chalked up 63 GCSEs between them.

Eleven sets of twins at Bay House Senior School in Gosport, Hampshire, notched up 86 A* and A grades between them. They included identical twins AMANDA and DEBORAH WHITE, 16, who earned identical results - five As, five Bs, a C and a D.
Twin sisters AANIYA and SHIRIN AHMED gained 11 A* grades in identical GCSE subjects.
The 16-year-olds are both pupils at Chelmsford County High School for Girls. The sisters, whose parents are both doctors, are planning to take A-levels in identical subjects.
A teenager diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour midway through his exams achieved seven GCSEs.
ALEX POLYWKA, 16, achieved five A*s and two As despite undergoing life-saving emergency surgery and bouts of chemotherapy. He also gained an A grade in AS-level further maths.
The pupil at Oxford's Magdalen College School even sat one of his exams in hospital and the rest in isolation. Alex said: 'For the past six months GCSEs have not been that high on the priority list but I found studying really therapeutic.'
Teenage Olympic diving sensation TOM DALEY added a string of top GCSEs to his World Championship gold medal.
The 16-year-old, who is currently taking part in the Youth Olympic Games in Singapore, now has five A*s and two As. He received his results in an email and replied with a 'smiley face'.
The Plymouth College pupil achieved A*s in Spanish, art and design and additional science as well as an A in English literature. Last year he sat several GCSEs early, gaining an A in science and A*s in maths and English language.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305902/GCSE-RESULTS-2010-Record-number-pass-year-early-including-5-year-old.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0xehuufy6
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by asha80(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
i wonder why we waste our time celebrating 'non nigerians'.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Litmus: 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
[size=17pt]Top maths A-level for London twins, nine[/size]

State school-educated Peter and Paula Imafidon, who live in east London, triumphed in the exam, usually sat by the most capable 17 and 18 year olds.

After receiving his results, Peter voiced his disappointment at not getting an A* grade.

He said: "I scored full marks during the practice exams. I guess it's the last few questions that let me down."

Paula said: "I am very happy with the grade because I thought my calculator was broken at the beginning of the paper.

"I managed to use my head until it started working again."
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 12:43am On Aug 26, 2010
Thread edited.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Omoteeh: 11:44am On Aug 26, 2010
Good Girl! This would definately not make british headlines, they only know how to rubbish other nationals. Silly people. I read the dailymail.co.uk everyday and today thers an article on a Nigerian Sham marriage (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1306117/Sham-marriage-Bride-groom-handcuffed-alter-police-Essex.html)with all sort sof comments below from the silly british people on how all nigerians should be sent back home. I definately left my coment on how they came to Nigeria first destroyed and ar estill destroying the livelihoods of many in teh Niger delta but we never hear of it cos we ain't USA and then they trun around at every opportunity an dslag us off. Bloody hypocrites. All NIgerians doing well, keep up the good work !
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Omoteeh: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2010
Sorry for the spelling errors wink
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by VPersie: 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2010
I will definitely pursue her as a second wife. Brains and beauty? Count me in.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=497870.msg6641953#msg6641953
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by HamidO1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
I pray God blesses naija with more of such pipo dat will continue to mak us proud n draw positive attention to this great country, we wish u d best n will always support u wit prayers. kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by crackhouse(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2010
hey small girl, be ready to get Ur bride price paid, o.k. kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by ud4u: 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2010
Nigerians are always ahead in the western countries
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
ud4u:

Nigerians are always ahead in the western countries

Among West Africans because Indians are on top of the academic game.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by kobikwelu(m): 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2010
am not suprised, we in this country are blessed, we tooo much jorrrr
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Sharonf(f): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2010
[size=25pt]WELCOME TO THE POLITICS SECTION[/size]
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by uyakachi(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2010
good job
well done my baby
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by lekanbar(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
Kudos to this girl ooo, doing us really proud out there

http://lekanbaruwa.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by kuntama: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2010
VPersie:

I will definitely pursue her as a second wife. Brains and beauty? Count me in.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=497870.msg6641953#msg6641953

Again! How we love to pull each other down. All that and she'll end up marrying/shacking up with an idiot who will simply destroy rather than enhancing her life.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by hackney(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2010
Welldone to her.
in retrospect, nigeria is not condusive for the very same aspects that can raise it from the dusty dumps.
The worst part is that people are still voting in old men instead of organising a massacre like in Liberia.
shame.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2010
This is what happens when girls don't think about boys.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by SEFAGO(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2010
The chick has a fine face sha grin

At this age she should be partying, and reading love letters
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2010
i did my GCSEs i got 3A* 5As 3Bs!!! she is really smart!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

This is what happens when girls don't think about boys.
Sjeezy is already looking at her with one kin eye and waiting for her to turn 18. I heard she is a ghost nairaland member.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by bgees(m): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2010
asha 80:

i wonder why we waste our time celebrating 'non nigerians'.

me sef wonder. Does not look like she will contribute anything to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
adaobi123:

i did my GCSEs i got 3A* 5As 3Bs!!! she is really smart!!!!!!!
Stop watching harry Porter with mama Gee and you will make 15 A* next time. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Sjeezy is already looking at her with one kin eye and waiting for her to turn 18. I heard she is a ghost nairaland member.
Lol. .so you've confirmed she is nairalander  ?
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by marocguy(m): 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
NWA ALA IGBO, NNE I MARA MMA BIA MARAKWA AKWUKWO NKE UKWU, NWA A GA ALU ALU JISIE IKE O, I N'EME OFUMA.

4 Those who dont understand,sorry, i dont think u deserve interpretation
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Lol. .so you've confirmed she is nairalander  ?

Yes, from my grapevine sources. Ask Ibkaye for her number if you wish.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Yes, from my grapevine sources. Ask Ibkaye for her number if you wish.
I don't do underages. . .won't want her mum coming after me with hot water.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I don't do underages. . .won't want her mum coming after me with hot water.

She is 16.5 and will be due for marriage by July 2012. Start appeasing her mom now so that by 2012, you tell her what is in your mind.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

She is 16.5 and will be due for marriage by July 2012. Start appeasing her mom now so that by 2012, you tell her what is in your mind.
Her parent will definitely be the strict type,so what i wont waste my time thinking about such.let's leave her till she gets ripe and ready to be harvest.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by AloyEmeka5: 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Her parent will definitely be the strict type,so what i wont waste my time thinking about such.let's leave her till she gets ripe and ready to be harvest.
No I heard they are very free spirited and will welcome you sef. They will cook isi ewuu for you as their potential inlaw.
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by phantom(m): 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2010
the 'usual' people have peeped in,looked at the name and have gently tiptoed past this thread, lol
Re: Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

No I heard they are very free spirited and will welcome you sef. They will cook isi ewuu for you as their potential inlaw.
Haha. .if so they would have a lot of guys to serve isi ewuu now that the girl has become a beautiful flower that every bee want to taste.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cbn Explains Kano Donation / Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES.. / More Cash Discovered By EFCC At NNPC Safehouse (Disturbing Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.