Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death (1715 Views)

The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire / The Link Between Sex And Death / Without obedience to Yahushua/Ten Commandments; no hope of eternal life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 20, 2019
The dust of nairaland is yet to settle on the conversion of a nairalander Michellekabod1 from atheism to Jesus(https://www.nairaland.com/5023710/thank-god-finally-don-port).

And I can vividly remember the voice that I heard on the night of her conversion saying "she's mine, she's mine" repeatedly, and hence this saying of Jesus came to my mind:

"...there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. Luke 15:10 (KJV)

For despite that it was just a single soul that repented, it was worthy of causing celebration and jubilation in heaven.

Which therefore illustrates the extent to which a single won soul is valued before God and in heaven.

However that not breaking news, for it's now become common knowledge how heaven reacts to such an outcome, but what little or nothing has being said or known about is the reaction of heaven, if that same single soul was not won but instead lost?

For there's the tendency to assume that it's now become a norm in heaven, considering the extent to which souls troup easily into hell, almost without any resistance, that heaven would have already gotten used to losing souls, that losing one consequently wouldn't warrant any serious reaction from it.

And maybe that assumption was also held for me, but regardless, it was not until via the instance of the game of football, that God revealed to me the extent to which that was further from the truth.

For many wonder, and are often stunned by rare scenes of matured men, who were hitherto viewed to be unbreakable and hardened as a rock, humbled to the extent of not just shedding controlled tears, but crying and weeping profusely and uncontrollably as babies, especially following a loss in a cup final, to illustrate the extent of devastation and agony that the game could bring on a player following a loss.

And one image that easily comes to my mind is that of the once super eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh who was seen crying profusely and bitterly and could not be consoled after Nigeria lost to Cameroon, in 2000 African nations cup final.

Now that's a feeling that's not just exclusive to the players of the game, but one that most ardent supporters of the game could also relate to, for when you come that close to the trophy, and you could even smell it, taste it, feel it, then all of a sudden you discover you've lost it.

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily speaking about someone else, but also from personal experience, for God had to put me through such an extent of agony, to make me feel His pulse hard, and how He feels whenever He loses a single soul.

And so when one considers the shear amount of souls that He's already lost, one would then have an idea of how many times He's had to go through such a devastation and agony and tears of defeat.

Maybe that's why I take the game of souls more seriously than most, because it's not just a game, but a matter of eternal life and death.

For every single soul that is lost, there is agony in heaven.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by adoyi8: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2019
An omniscient, omnipotent being in agony. oh, what an irony!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 20, 2019
adoyi8:
An omniscient, omnipotent being in agony. oh, what an irony!
Yeah! Maybe you'd give Him another reason to lose again.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by adoyi8: 10:52am On Feb 20, 2019
seriously i want to understand how its possible for heaven to lose a soul when it was written in Rev 17:8 that the name of the people going to heaven has already been written from the foundation of the world.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 20, 2019
adoyi8:
seriously i want to understand how its possible for heaven to lose a soul when it was written in Rev 17:8 that the name of the people going to heaven has already been written from the foundation of the world.
That was John Jesus disciple's saying, but this is the saying of Jesus his Master.

Matthew 18:14

Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

And I'm not necessarily saying that John was wrong, but that it's possible that I may not yet fully comprehend what he meant there, but certainly this saying of Jesus is sacrosanct because He's the Master.

Hence I suggest that you take His own saying that it's not the Will of God that any little child perishes, for everyone human being that ever lived on the earth's surface apart from Adam and Eve was once a little child, so there's no way that God would fix their eternal fate, and at the same it would not be His Will that anyone of them perish.

Freewill and predestination cannot be applicable in the same instance, at the same time, for it's either one or the other.

I believe that it's free will of man that predestinates, hence the outcome of today's world was predestinated by the choices that man has made based on his God-given right of free will.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by adoyi8: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
so do you believe that God knows the future? short answer please.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
adoyi8:
so do you believe that God knows the future? short answer please.
God's idea of creating man was not to have a fixed outcome but the possibility of multiple one, that why He hinged it on man's free will.

So it meant that He wanted suspense, the element of surprise, uncertainty etc just as you have in a football game whose outcome is not fixed.

So God knows all the possible scenarios that could play out in the future, inclusive of that which has been fixed by man's actions and decisions.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by adoyi8: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
which means he doesnt knw d future. I cant claim 2 knw d result of tonight's match btw juve and Atm jst because i can map out all d possible results. do God knw who Nigeria's president will be or does he only knw d possible outcomes like everyoda person?
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
adoyi8:
which means he doesnt knw d future. I cant claim 2 knw d result of tonight's match btw juve and Atm jst because i can map out all d possible results. do God knw who Nigeria's president will be or does he only knw d possible outcomes like everyoda person?
He didn't want to know the future in that respect, if not He would have known it.

There are some outcome that have been fixed based on man's decision to obey God, such as when God told Abraham to leave his country unto where He was going to show him, and He would make of him a great nation.

Now you can see how man's actions predestinate, for God to bring to pass what He said concerning Abraham, Abraham would have to obey God, and that obedience would predestinate his future.

And so Abraham's obedience predestinated the birth of Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, even Moses.

So same goes with respect to Nigeria's presidency, as people's obedience and prayers has given God the opportunity to predestinate things concerning Nigeria in that respect.

So as I said at the beginning it's man's actions that predestinates. And whatever God says would happen is based on what man's actions and choices have predestinated.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by adoyi8: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
So you dont agree with John's account in Rev 17:8 because Jesus said other wise, You dont agree with lots of Paul's teaching and you think God doesnt know the future (not omniscient) since the future depends on mans actions. Am i right?
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
adoyi8:
So you dont agree with John's account in Rev 17:8 because Jesus said other wise, You dont agree with lots of Paul's teaching and you think God doesnt know the future (not omniscient) since the future depends on mans actions. Am i right?
See i hope you are not here for pointless arguments, because I don't do that.

I only thought there was a point in this, that's why I have spent my time trying to answer your questions.

But it seems you are just here to argue and I don't do that.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by adoyi8: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
Why post something on a public forum if you cant defend it. You said God, who according to Rev 17:8 already knows those that are going to heaven, will be in agony for loosing a soul. does that make sense to you?
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2019
The ultimate game.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
More than just a game!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2019
A matter eternal and death!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 24, 2019
Agony in heaven!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 25, 2019
Not a joke.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tears!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
Now imagine how many times God has lost in the game of souls.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Gandollar(f): 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
Hiaannn...he has chickened out.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by GreatResearcher: 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2019
[s]
jesusjnr:
The dust of nairaland is yet to settle on the conversion of a nairalander Michellekabod1 from atheism to Jesus(https://www.nairaland.com/5023710/thank-god-finally-don-port).

And I can vividly remember the voice that I heard on the night of her conversion saying "she's mine, she's mine" repeatedly, and hence this saying of Jesus came to my mind:

"...there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. Luke 15:10 (KJV)

For despite that it was just a single soul that repented, it was worthy of causing celebration and jubilation in heaven.

Which therefore illustrates the extent to which a single won soul is valued before God and in heaven.

However that not breaking news, for it's now become common knowledge how heaven reacts to such an outcome, but what little or nothing has being said or known about is the reaction of heaven, if that same single soul was not won but instead lost?

For there's the tendency to assume that it's now become a norm in heaven, considering the extent to which souls troup easily into hell, almost without any resistance, that heaven would have already gotten used to losing souls, that losing one consequently wouldn't warrant any serious reaction from it.

And maybe that assumption was also held for me, but regardless, it was not until via the instance of the game of football, that God revealed to me the extent to which that was further from the truth.

For many wonder, and are often stunned by rare scenes of matured men, who were hitherto viewed to be unbreakable and hardened as a rock, humbled to the extent of not just shedding controlled tears, but crying and weeping profusely and uncontrollably as babies, especially following a loss in a cup final, to illustrate the extent of devastation and agony that the game could bring on a player following a loss.

And one image that easily comes to my mind is that of the once super eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh who was seen crying profusely and bitterly and could not be consoled after Nigeria lost to Cameroon, in 2000 African nations cup final.

Now that's a feeling that's not just exclusive to the players of the game, but one that most ardent supporters of the game could also relate to, for when you come that close to the trophy, and you could even smell it, taste it, feel it, then all of a sudden you discover you've lost it.

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily speaking about someone else, but also from personal experience, for God had to put me through such an extent of agony, to make me feel His pulse hard, and how He feels whenever He loses a single soul.

And so when one considers the shear amount of souls that He's already lost, one would then have an idea of how many times He's had to go through such a devastation and agony and tears of defeat.

Maybe that's why I take the game of souls more seriously than most, because it's not just a game, but a matter of eternal life and death.

For every single soul that is lost, there is agony in heaven.
[/s]

u lots would say 'God has revealed to him' and when u are bousted in ur lies u turn to say 'Nigerians prayers changed God's mind just like d SA pastor.

This is 2019. It's too early to fool around.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by GreatResearcher: 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
Now imagine how many times God has lost in the game of souls.
Isnt that funny? A creator lost to a creature
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
[s][/s]

u lots would say 'God has revealed to him' and when u are bousted in ur lies u turn to say 'Nigerians prayers changed God's mind just like d SA pastor.

This is 2019. It's too early to fool around.
A satanist was here!

Do not be deceived by him.

He's not an atheist but actually working for the devil and has been sent by him to deceive the gullible and unassuming persons in Nairaland.

So be deceived at your own peril.

#anothersatanistbusted!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Isnt that funny? A creator lost to a creature
A disguised satanist!

Do not fall for his lies!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
The game of souls!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 03, 2019
This is more than just a game!
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by stonemasonn: 8:14am On Mar 03, 2019
Then There’ll be continuous agony in heaven.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Liveair: 8:55am On Mar 03, 2019
Mtchew! Then what is stopping God from saving them at all cost?
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 03, 2019
stonemasonn:
But for less cases, for fewer souls are being lost now! cheesy
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 03, 2019
stonemasonn:
But for less cases, for fewer souls are being lost now! cheesy

And that makes it worth all the efforts to save them, for there's rejoicing in heaven over a sinner that repents.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2019
Well now, aren't you contradicting yourself?

Agony in heaven?

So if there is agony in heaven over every soul "lost", that means heaven isn't a place of joy and happiness because souls are "lost" everyday, every moment.
Re: Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2019
5thElement:
Well now, aren't you contradicting yourself?

Agony in heaven?

So if there is agony in heaven over every soul "lost", that means heaven isn't a place of joy and happiness because souls are "lost" everyday, every moment.
Contradicting myself because I say that there's agony in heaven over every soul that's lost?

Speaking of contradicting one's self, this your saying of yours is contradictory of the idea that you have any idea about what my position is on the matter, for that's idea of yours is perfectly illusional and only a figment of your ignorant imagination.

For that there's agony in heaven over every soul that's lost, doesn't mean that it isn't a place of joy and happiness, but that of torment and gnashing of teeth like hell, which you are clearly heading to if you do not repent, for the agony in heaven is with respect to what happens on Earth, not what is obtainable in heaven.

For with respect to what is obtainable in heaven, heaven is indeed a place of joy and happiness, just as hell is a place of mourning and gnashing of teeth, because of what is obtainable in hell, such as the fire and brimstones there.

The joy in heaven over every sinner that repents, and the agony over every soul that is lost, is only a consequence of what happens with mankind on Earth, not with respect to what heaven consists of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Feeling Awkward Towards Christianity And God, Need Counseling... / Accurate Description Of Hellfire / Letter From Saudi Arabia- Lets Save Rizana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.