Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness (2699 Views)

Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / 2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2021
budaatum:

I can not go about yelling, "I am righteous"? Damn!

grin You can't, but your works can and do speak for you

Remember The Law, "By their Fruits...?"! grin

budaatum:

Who are those who "Shall and Must Judge Thee and Thy Works"? Are they righteous?

You used the word "those" while I actually said "Another" and I Had The Most Supreme Judge in Mind when I said "Another".

But by The Law of Proverbs 27:2, Other Reasonable men can also Judge you and your works too! grin
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
MrPresident1:
Romans 2:14-15
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Paul is telling us here that the gentiles who do not have the law are doing the things of the law (righteousness, empathy, piousness, justice, judgement, piety, mercy etc), he says that this shows the work of the law of God written in their hearts.

Paul affirms that these people will be justified at the coming of Jesus Christ much more than those who claim to be saved but show no pattern of good works.

Hmmm...

Really interesting.
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by budaatum: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You used the word "those" while I actually said "Another" and I Had The Most Supreme Judge in Mind when I said "Another".

But by The Law of Proverbs 27:2, Other Reasonable men can also Judge you and your works too! grin

But those "reasonable men" would not have sufficient information if I obeyed Matthew 6:1-4, and are likely to go about passing false judgements! angry
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by budaatum: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
MrPresident1:
Romans 2:14-15
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Paul is telling us here that the gentiles who do not have the law are doing the things of the law (righteousness, empathy, piousness, justice, judgement, piety, mercy etc), he says that this shows the work of the law of God written in their hearts.

Paul affirms that these people will be justified at the coming of Jesus Christ much more than those who claim to be saved but show no pattern of good works.

Goes to show that belief has nothing to do with righteousness.

An example would be an atheist who lives a God filled life, and the orangutan.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11039027_psx20200212120340_jpegb63adb5ff044a1c031e3dde7d11e9cd7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
budaatum:

But those "reasonable men" would not have sufficient information if I obeyed .Mathew 6:1-4

Wow, bad Bible! Matthew 6:1-4 is about "Giving" not about "Judges and Judgement", thus, you are off target by kilometres.

The Bible has already provided how a judgement must be arrived at and what a Judge Must Do! Eg Zechariah 7:9

"Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

10 And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart".
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by budaatum: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wow, bad Bible! Matthew 6:1-4 is about "Giving" not about "Judges and Judgement", thus, you are off target by kilometres.

Do you see what you did there? I'll put it to you that you must be aware that your interpretation required some effort on ones part to see what it is you meant as opposed to passing a judgement of righteousness on myself and wrongeousness on you.

"Let someone else praise you" is not "Wow, bad Bible" when you interpret it as "Other Reasonable men can also Judge you and your works too", but when buda applies the same sort of reasoning to infer they might not have sufficient information to judge if one "Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them", its "off target by kilometres".

Is it not true ("a law", in your lingo perhaps), that those from whom the things one does is hidden can not be the judge of one's righteousness? Their judgement should at least be suspected, don't you think? Especially when they pass judgement on what they have not first sought to understand?

Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible has already provided how a judgement must be arrived at and what a Judge Must Do! Eg Zechariah 7:9

"Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

10 And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart".

This is unacceptable! "True judgement" and "shew mercy and compassions", despite the plural, is woolly and almost meaningless and unspecific, unlike God who is much clearer to those who see, is my own judgement of the verses you quoted.

Let us be tasked with finding more verses about "how a judgement must be arrived at" is what Righteousness orders, for the education of buda, at least. There must be laws that say one must at least seek to understand before judging.

That said. Zechariah 7 is noted by buda.
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 7:03am On Apr 23, 2021
budaatum:

Do you see what you did there? I'll put it to you that you must be aware that your interpretation required some effort on ones part to see what it is you meant as opposed to passing a JUDGEMENT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS ON MYSELF and wrongeousness on you.

No sir, at the highlighted, the only interpretation I said about passing Judgement On One Ownself whether you or I or anyone else is simply "Do Not Do It"! As The Law hath Said. And you got it.

budaatum:

...but when buda applies the same sort of reasoning to infer they might not have sufficient information to judge if one "Matthew+6:1-4NIV"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them[/url]", its "off target by kilometres".

Mathew 6:1-4 is about "Giving" and not directly about "Judges and Judgement" which was the issue when you raised up Mathew 6:1-4.

"budaatum:
Who are those who "Shall and Must Judge Thee and Thy Works"?

budaatum:

Is it not true ("a law", in your lingo perhaps), that those from whom the things one does is hidden can not be the judge of one's righteousness? Their judgement should at least be suspected, don't you think? Especially when they pass judgement on what they have not first sought to understand?

A Good Judgment is Given and Based on A Specific Issue Relating to "Things Seen' and "Things, Seen to be Hidden".

And it is only arrived at AFTER understanding has been sought and obtained through questions having FIRST being asked ("Cross-examination" )!
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
MrPresident1:
Our righteousness is not as filthy rags, God loves us to be righteous in all that we do at all times
I'm so loving this comment. smiley
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
MrPresident1:
Isaiah 14:3-5
3 And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,
4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
5 The Lord hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

We will continue to wait patiently for the rest of the LORD and the destruction of the wicked.

Sabbath begins today at sundown. If it is the LORD's rest, then we should be extra watchful of the Sabbath.
Hmmm...
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by jesusjnr1: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
MrPresident1:
God loves righteousness
I fully agree.
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by jesusjnr1: 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
MrPresident1:

There is no law against the fruits of righteousness.

Yes.
Re: Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness by MrPresident1: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
Today you read! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supposed Picture Of Popular Comedian Pulling Down Lady's Pants Stirs Controversy / Redeemed Church Faithful Pay To Use Toilets, Bathrooms / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya (late Bimbo Odukoya's Husband) Set To Remarry Soon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.