Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC (42300 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Ramaphosa, Advisory Council Over South African Economy / Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy / Grazing: Miyetti Allah Expresses Shock Over South-East Governors' Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by freekick: 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
Atenu
StillX10:
All these do not reflect on the life of a common man

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
servercodes001:

You spoke my mind bros, the economy of Nigeria and Egypt combined are below 1trillion
https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/publications/nigeria-economic-outlook.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by islandmoon: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
BBC now into fake news? na was oo

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by seguno2: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
Rule 8.

Don't post false information on Nairaland.

There is no such news on BBC website.
The latest update on our GDP was in 2017 of less than $400 billion, a reduction from the peak of almost $600 billion in 2014.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected on Saturday.
Get your PVC ready to do the needful.
Make sure your family and friends also have their own PVCs ready.
This hardship, recession, unemployment and insecurity plus corruption must end in three days.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
mycar:
Checking BBC website

Fake news spotted,
just like scam emails, they will always make a mistake, going by the write up if it is something to go by,
**Nigeria comes in at number one with a GDP of $1.121 trillion** No projection from the world bank.

And ** Egypt is second with GDP - $1.13 trillion**.
The World Bank (WB) predicts that the country's economy will increase by 5.7% in 2019.

So, when has 1.121 become bigger than 1.13?

I see fools everywhere!

The figures are very wrong even if the report is right.

APC are illiterates.

Sir, bear with them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Sirjamo: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
On our current capital inflow, we have no right whatsoever to overtake SA, if not for Buhari's prudence and integrity.

Now, all sensible person should check this out. Even Yar adua that that spent just two and half years had more revenue than Buhari of almost 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Koolking(m): 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
MrAJQ:
This will break heart of the children of hate, the people that hate good news, they hate the little the poor are getting from the government.
They hate Tradermoni
They hate school feeding program
They hate Npower
They hate farmers anchor borrowers
They hate success achieved against Boko Haram
They hate success achieved in rice
They hate success achieved against corruption
They hate fight against ballot box snatchers
They hate to hear farmers-herdsmen truce
They hate one Nigeria

We the good people of Nigeria will show them hate on Saturday.

As good people, you can't show hate in the face of hate. On Saturday 23 Feb 2019, we guide them through love to Next Level of sanity, prosperity, peace and progress.

NextLevel

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by islandmoon: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by ugofulfilled(m): 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
Something does not tally with this information. I see from the write up that 1.121 is bigger than 1.13. Please send us BBC link so we can confirm ourselves. Thank you

MrAJQ:
Nigeria currently leads as the top economy on the continent with a 1.9 per cent increase.

Nigeria has the biggest economy in Africa according to PwC Nigeria has the biggest economy in Africa according to PwC

PricewaterhouseCoopers has revealed the seven biggest economies in Africa right now.

The firm's report, ‘Nigeria Economic Outlook - Top 10 themes for 2019,’ was released on February 18, 2019.

According to the data provided by the professional services firm, Nigeria has the biggest economy on the continent, followed by Egypt and South Africa.

Here are the 7 biggest economies in Africa right now, ranked in descending order of wealth:

Nigeria

Nigeria comes in at number one with a GDP of $1.121 trillion. Manufacturing, financial, service, communications, technology, entertainment, agriculture and oil sectors all contribute to the country's economy.

More money is coming into the Nigerian economy More money is coming into the Nigerian economy More money is coming into the Nigerian economy
Egypt

GDP - $1.13 trillion. Sectors like tourism, gas, telecom and construction play major roles in Egypt's economy. The World Bank (WB) predicts that the country's economy will increase by 5.7% in 2019.

ALSO READ: Here is a list of the 10 biggest African economies in 2018

South Africa

GDP - $765.5 billion. Tourism is a major revenue generating industry.

PwC's Nigeria Economic Outlook - Top 10 themes for 2019 PwC's Nigeria Economic Outlook - Top 10 themes for 2019 PwC's Nigeria Economic Outlook - Top 10 themes for 2019
Algeria

GDP -$630.5 billion. The non-hydrocarbon sector (petroleum and natural gas) is the major contributor to the country’s economy.

Ethiopia

GDP -$199.3 billion. The services and agriculture sectors contribute heavily to the country's economy.

Angola

GDP - $197.9 billion. The country's economy relies heavily on the oil sector in addition to the manufacturing, agricultural, transport and fisheries sectors.

Angolan 500 Kwanza note Angolan 500 Kwanza note Angolan 500 Kwanza note
Still, Focus Economics, a major provider of economic analysis and forecasts for 130 countries, predicts a 1.3% increase in 2019.

Kenya

Last on the list is Kenya with a GDP of $163.3 billion. Major industries include financial, agriculture, tourism, mining and minerals.

https://www.pulse.ng/bi/finance/here-are-the-7-biggest-economies-in-africa-right-now/8njsqgb

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by seguno2: 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
islandmoon:
BBC now into fake news? na was oo

BBC does not have it on their website.
The moderator should have banned the poster instead of putting it on the front page.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Bighead9: 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
Buhari is working.
Sai Baba!!!

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by uc2004(f): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
Koolking:

As good people, you can't show hate in the face of hate. On Saturday 23 Feb 2019, we guide them through love to Next Level of sanity, prosperity, peace and progress.

NextLevel
oga it's a fake news. i have checked all nigerian newspapers and it was not there

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by seguno2: 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
ugofulfilled:
Something does not tally with this information. I see from the write up that 1.121 is bigger than 1.13. Please send us BBC link so we can confirm ourselves. Thank you

APC propaganda at work to generate fake news in the light of their failures.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by sanpipita(m): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
I was expecting a direct link to BBC site, why do APC like fake news, its clear APC are desperate

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by uc2004(f): 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
fake news, do your findings
Bighead9:
Buhari is working.
Sai Baba!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by uc2004(f): 12:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
you dey mind them
seguno2:

APC propaganda at work to generate fake news in the light of their failures.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Chukwurah003: 12:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
PDP will not like this. Bunch of jokers.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by uc2004(f): 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
Please stop spreading false information for goodness sake
ugofulfilled:

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Chukwurah003: 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
uc2004:
oga it's a fake news. i have checked all nigerian newspapers and it was not there

He pain this one. You PDP people are hell bent on making Nigerians suffers but by God it is you that will suffer. Evil people
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Fourwinds: 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
festacman:
This is the result of some hard but patriotic decisions that may be unpopular but are necessary for real and sustainable economic growth.

For several years we are used to an economy that is driven largely by importation and 'money is flowing' handouts from corrupt politicians. It pushed us into a comfort zone that has done little to encourage production.

This piece of good news means we are going somewhere. Next Level will certainly bring more good news. But it all depend on majority of Nigerians come this Saturday. Don't vote emotionally. Vote for necessary hard decisions that other countries had taken long ago but which we keep postponing because of accompanying pains. Vote wisely.

please do your mathematics well ...which bigger. 1.121trillion and 1.13trillion...this is election propaganda... Nonsense... I was looking for date on the TV screen to confirm it is this year and I didn't see it

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Fourwinds: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
tayebest:
God bless Nigeria cool

Sai mai gaskiya
4 + 4 to next level is assured....

please do your mathematics well ...which bigger. 1.121trillion and 1.13trillion...this is election propaganda... Nonsense... I was looking for date on the TV screen to confirm it is this year and I didn't see it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by openmine(m): 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
What's the essence of all these stats if it can't help reduce the cost of goods and services in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Chukwurah003: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
Fourwinds:

Keep looking. Your evil thoughts towards Nigeria is already making you blind. The fire of the Holy Ghost will consume all you holding Nigeria back from greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Mariory(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
The report is true.

There are 2 types of GDP namely, GDP (nominal) and GDP (PPP).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Fourwinds: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
LuciferReverend:
Buhari's impending defeat & subsequent retirement has boosted Nigeria's economy.

Investors are ready to come in now.
This is good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
eddiebruk:
Also report that Nigeria is times 4 the population size of SA, so stop busting your bubbles of biggest economy my foot. Imagine if SA has half of the Nigerian Population, Nigeria will look like a province to them. They have major investments in Nigeria, what business can Nigeria boast of in SA...? Nigerians are always quick to compare to console ourselves yet we are dying in poverty

Say that You are dying in Poverty. South Africa doesn't have market for any of our Company you understand, but we have the Market for south Africa company.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Freighthost: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
For where....nigeria on earth or Nigeria in Jupiter or Mars or Moon

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Chukwurah003: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
openmine:
What's the essence of all these stats if it can't help reduce the cost of goods and services in Nigeria!

You’re not an intelligent person
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by kenny714433(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
Plz we should just develop our tourism industry. If only an individual can do this alone.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Fourwinds: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
tayebest:
wailers mood right now! cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by servercodes001: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:

https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/publications/nigeria-economic-outlook.html

Illiterate list,

The entire economy of Africa is not more than 2trillion
The image you posted shows the gdp by purchasing power parity (ppp)

Please educate yourself
Below are some screenshot you may need

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by obailala(m): 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
How exactly do the even calculate these figures?... Sone years ago, it was $500bn GDP. Now it's over a trillion?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

INEC Declares Hope Uzodimma Winner Of Imo Governorship Election / Ambode Thanks Tinubu, Party Leaders, Says I’m Ready For The Primaries / Anambra Police Receives New Helicopter For Surveillance (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.