Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) (41730 Views)

Soldier Leaks Shoot-At-Sight Order, Advises Orlu Residents To Relocate - SR / Attacks On Prisons: FG Issues Shoot-At-Sight Order, Declares Prisons ‘Red Zones’ / Aisha Yesufu: Buhari Ordered Police To Harass EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Purej: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
Apc is justifying wrongs with wrongs. This is a party that preached change- to do things differently, Nigeria under this party in a big one chance
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by jchioma: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
Zombies ehnn!

If you condemn a wrong and unconstitutional action taken by the president or his cronies, they will refer you to the past. Like the one below me.

The other time Femi Adesina was saying that more people were killed by past governments before this one. So, I ask, what has CHANGED?
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Raskasal(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sunsets:
Whoever that posted this is utterly stupid. We are injecting change and civility into our system; APC is preaching change. Why are they perpetuating backwardness? The change should be a forward movement.

You must be mad for saying he's stupid. Why must PDP castigate the order initially when they themselves are backward agents.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by kingthreatz: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:
So we should solve illegality with illegality? Why are people just stupid..? Obj said it, does that make it right? OBJ fuccked up then. Buhari fuccked up now.

What a Buhari should do is apologize to Nigerians..Instead zombies are bringing up what OBJ said years ago (which was equally wrong).

I don't understand people o. Must you copy the bad ones? Can't you copy Jonathan who said his ambition is not worth the blood of Nigerians? Why copy evil? Buhari...

Ballot-snatching ipob member, snatch on Saturday if dem born you and Nnamdi Kanu well

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Obasanjo is Nigeria's number one dictator. Saraki would have long gone as Senate President if it was Obasanjo
I thought he was, until Buharia came!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by adelaja70(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
GoodofNaija:
APC always looking for reason to follow bad precedents. What happens to laying good examples for others to follow
WARN YOUR BOYS.... SNATCH BALLOT BOXES AND GET THE RESULTS IN HELL.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Ballot(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sunsets:
Whoever that posted this is utterly stupid. We are injecting change and civility into our system; APC is preaching change. Why are they perpetuating backwardness? The change should be a forward movement.

At least be rational... What are you injecting?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by ShenTeh(m): 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
Truly as I dey so, dem born me well to go carry ballot box? Never!

Those wey dem born well to go snatch ballot box na dem come dey para for wetin Oga presidio talk.

Reason am naw, you go steal ballot box where hungry Nigerians don queue for sun tire, where ill-trained trigger happy Nigerian forceman man dey. No be your life you dey carry play 10-10?

All because say politician wey victory no sure for don giyou chikini money.

Person wey like you na him advice you so.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Sunsets: 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
I did not say he is stupid, in fact you have joined; I said he is UTTERLY STUPID. Next time quote me correctly.
Raskasal:

You must be mad for saying he's stupid. Why must PDP castigate the order initially when they themselves are backward agents.
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by zegxy: 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
The most "'Mumuish'' post that i have ever seen. Comparing Obasanjo a active , intelligent and decisive man to a lifeless dullard. What made Obj to give the police order to shoot at sight then, was it the same scenario PMB is asking the Military to deal ruthlessly with ballot box snatchers ?
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Raskasal(m): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sunsets:
I did not say he is stupid, in fact you have joined; I said he is UTTERLY STUPID. Next time quote me correctly.

Ahahahah. Read your post again and judge urself. Incase you edited it, I have it snapshot already.

Olodo
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Heavance(m): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
GoodofNaija:
APC always looking for reason to follow bad precedents. What happens to laying good examples for others to follow
Exactly my point.
Some kds take everything as PDP vs APC forgetting we are Nigerians first.
2019 we are still clamouring for jungle justice
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by anonymous1759(m): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
shachris05:

Trash. We all know who the father thugery and ballot snatching is. come to lagos and witness ballot snatching at its ugliest.

Nobody is supporting ballot snatching. What we are saying is that we already have punishment stipulated by our constitution for ballot snatching. If you feel that that law is not sufficient enough, then kindly raise it with the NA and amend the laws to say 'shoot ballot snatchers at sight'.

As of now our law on ballot snatching Section 129 (4) of the Electoral Act states, “Any person who snatches or destroys any election material commits an offence and is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.”

Anything contrary to this means we are running a banana republic where anyone can choose to do anything he FEELS is right.

If this action will make the election free and fair so be it. Pdp are complaining Apc wants to rig election. Now Apc is making way which the election will go smoothly you guys are complaining it's obvious the likes of Wike, Saraki wants to Snatch ballot boxes.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Ibime(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
People don't snatch ballot boxes with bare hands.

They are usually armed and the only way to stop them is through armed force.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by ajericho(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
GoodofNaija:
good examples by letting hoodlums snatch the ballot box?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by temak1: 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
victordaimond:
Forget all dis rubbish you guys are saying.dis is 2019 not 1983 or 1999 dis is 2019.....Life is sacred....you don't cut off your son/daughter finger for stealing a piece of meat....you reprimand them.......We need to promote the rule of law or else majority won't survive d chaos....forget China forget America let focus on what we can achieve as a nation....we have what it takes to be world power but we got so many hate hold up inside .....Let promote good governance........I believe we have what it takes to be a great nation we just need hone our God giving skills.God bless us all.
Okay! Life was not sacred in 1999?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Numlock: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
Na wa ooo, are we going backward or forward?

All this useless zombies will be comparing rubbish with rubbish just to justify their nonsense.
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by cr7lomo: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Obasanjo is Nigeria's number one dictator. Saraki would have long gone as Senate President if it was Obasanjo

U will meet ur ancestors first by what u are promoting
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by shachris05: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
anonymous1759:

If this action will make the election free and fair so be it. Pdp are complaining Apc wants to rig election. Now Apc is making way which the election will go smoothly you guys are complaining it's obvious the likes of Wike, Saraki wants to Snatch ballot boxes.

Shut up. If you think armed police and army officers in pooling units makes for a smooth election, then you must be a dolt.
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by echodrum(m): 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
otherway:
OBASANJO as President giving orders for police to shoot hoodlums at sight. PDP did not condemn that but they are accusing PMB for only saying ballot box snatchers would do that at the expense of their lives.

One question that comes to my mind is;''Why are some people jittery over this order? are they planning to snatch Ballot Boxes'' which part of the speech are you referring to? The criminal part of it? Police and Army do shoot criminals in Nigeria everyday with no qualms.
The OPC part of?
He said they should be arrested " and if they resist arrest..then shoot them" . Which part of it you did not understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNMnJrLI3ww

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by stagger: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
Two wrongs do not make a right. The Odi massacre is enough to cause OBJ to face the ICC. We must not tow that line.
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Numlock: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2019
temak1:
Okay! Life was not sacred in 1999?

Are you in 1999 or do you want to go back in time?

When did we return to democracy in Nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by stagger: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
Ibime:
People don't snatch ballot boxes with bare hands.

They are usually armed and the only way to stop them is through armed force.

How do they get to the polling booths with arms on a day that vehicular movement is prohibited, if not by collusion of the same security agencies?

You Ibime, can you carry AK-47 from your house to a polling booth on foot without being spotted or stopped by security agencies along the way?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Andrewkinggg: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
anonymous1759:

Chai you're a die hard pdp nothing Apc will do that will please you... It's not a bad thing to shoot at ballot box snatchers because they're equal with Armed robbers. Ballot box snatchers don't operate with empty hands but with weapons of which the intent is to kill, steal and destroy... And it's a death penalty or life imprisonment or shoot at sight if they engage in a gun battle.
If the PDP wanted a free and fair elections they would be happy buhari made that statement. They're worried simply because they want to Snatch ballot boxes ... Have not heard that that someone promise to kill any criminal who wants to steal or kill you and the person will complain. You'll only complain if you're among the Robbers. I dislike pdp because their hypocrisy is worse than APC...

Unfortunately you didn't think with your sense before making this comment.
I wish you could say this be done to the herdsmen killers and boko haram boys but rather you'd support the president's claim to give amnesty to these boys. You are a shameless Hypocrite
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by ObaKlaz: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
shachris05:

[s]Trash. We all know who the father thugery and ballot snatching is. come to lagos and witness ballot snatching at its ugliest.

Nobody is supporting ballot snatching. What we are saying is that we already have punishment stipulated by our constitution for ballot snatching. If you feel that that law is not sufficient enough, then kindly raise it with the NA and amend the laws to say 'shoot ballot snatchers at sight'.

As of now our law on ballot snatching Section 129 (4) of the Electoral Act states, “Any person who snatches or destroys any election material commits an offence and is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.”

Anything contrary to this means we are running a banana republic where anyone can choose to do anything he FEELS is right.[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Larryndelaw: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
shachris05:

Trash. We all know who the father thugery and ballot snatching is. come to lagos and witness ballot snatching at its ugliest.

Anything contrary to this means we are running a banana republic where anyone can choose to do anything he FEELS is right.
Why are u defending ballot Box snatching. I thought u should be campaigning against it. Or do u want to snatch BALLOT BOX?
Remember those you are snatching ballot box for dont even know you and their children are flying private jets everywhere and living luxury abroad. Even their children will never snatch ballot box for their father. Think b4 u do it. It may cost u your life. You hv been warned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Beetobee(f): 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
GoodofNaija:

Nobody is following anybody here. Desperate situations call for desperate action. Show me one person that has been prosecuted as per our electoral law... None right? They have godfathers who thwart any prosecution, thus, it is imperative that we stop these robbers from robbing us of our hard earned votes. Our lives are being wasted away. Anyone who has concerns about this directive surely has smelly skeletons in his closet.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by ThatIgboBoy: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
if you keep repeating this nonsense of obasanjo did this, Jonathan did that to justify your actions, then the onus is on you to explain what you mean by change When Buhari used it as a slogan to get power. change should ran doing things in new ways right?
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by Beetobee(f): 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:
So we should solve illegality with illegality? Why are people just stupid..? Obj said it, does that make it right? OBJ fuccked up then. Buhari fuccked up now.

What a Buhari should do is apologize to Nigerians..Instead zombies are bringing up what OBJ said years ago (which was equally wrong).

I don't understand people o. Must you copy the bad ones? Can't you copy Jonathan who said his ambition is not worth the blood of Nigerians? Why copy evil? Buhari...
Are you a potential ballot box snatcher? If no, you have absolutely nothing to worry about!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by lexy2014: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
sureheaven:
Hypocrisy kill PDP and their supporters.

If obj can order the shooting of opc members, how much more ballot box snatchers.

But I thought obasanjo is a man that can't b trusted. How come he is now d standard 4 measuring whether it is good or bad to shoot people? Seems APC is always looking up 2 PDP
Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by alizma: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
otherway:

Dem don change tune.
Mynd44 come and see your people
they finally agreed that PDP laid bad example

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) by shachris05: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
[s]
Larryndelaw:

Why are u defending ballot Box snatching. I thought u should be campaigning against it. Or do u want to snatch BALLOT BOX?
Remember those you are snatching ballot box for dont even know you and their children are flying private jets everywhere and living luxury abroad. Even their children will never snatch ballot box for their father. Think b4 u do it. It may cost u your life. You hv been warned
[/s]

you are very myopic if you feel this is about defending ballot snatching. It's about protecting the rules of the land.

It's like saying to the man protecting criminals from jungle justice, that he's defending stealing.

Baba use your head small na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Reno Omokri Mocks Oby Ezekwesili: "See What You Have Been Reduced To" / Tosin Saraki Weds Adeniyi Olatunde Olukoya On October 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.