Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo (56275 Views)

'Ghetto Name': Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Sounds Too Local / 4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by mrMeen(m): 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
heed101:
I love this pic
me too
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by SIRTee15: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
afroniger:
And what is wrong with being a cleaner? There are barely enough jobs to go around yet some people are looking down on some type of jobs. Smh. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. Una no mind to go do cleaner abroad in spite of all una university degrees but here in Nigeria una go dey form. There is dignity in honest labour biko.

Oga a graduate isn't trained to be a cleaner...
Be it naija or USA....
It's called underemployment and it's a sign of slow growth and lack of economic opportunity....
Why should someone waste 4 years of his life if he knew the certificate is only worthy to secure a cleaner job....

Now u mentioned dignity in labour....
That's statement doesn't exist in nigeria....
It's only valid when the wage in such labour is enough to take u home and meet your needs....
In developed countries where minimum wage ensures a sufficient basic pay, then u can talk of dignity in labour....

What's dignity in a graduate earning 21,000 a month...
Nonsense....

3 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by madridguy(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
My sister forget the media ranting, we knew how many multinational companies that closed down under the previous government. I repeat, Baba is just busy cleaning the PDP poo.

bilulu:

you can't compare when the millions that ve lost their jobs to when they were employed.... you will agree it wasn't this bad

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by madridguy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
They think everyone is suffering from short term memory like them. I repeat, PDP mess up big time.

gypsey:
Chai! I Remember that time. they even charged each of the Applicants 1000 Naira.. And like 100000 turned at the stadium..Till today were is the money? It was a big PDP scam.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ajibolag(m): 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
afroniger:
And what is wrong with being a cleaner? There are barely enough jobs to go around yet some people are looking down on some type of jobs. Smh. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. Una no mind to go do cleaner work and other so-called 'dirty' jobs abroad in spite of all una university degrees but here in Nigeria una go dey form. There is dignity in honest labour biko. It's better to work as a cleaner and work your way into something bigger and better than be crying about being jobless and hungry.

Alaye, it's either you have a good job or you have no idea about job market in this country.
Dignity in underemployment?
Dignity in underpaid jobs?
No let me swear for you oo

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ajibolag(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
SIRTee15:

Oga a graduate isn't trained to be a cleaner...
Be it naija or USA....
It's called underemployment and it's a sign of slow growth and lack of economic opportunity....
Why should someone waste 4 years of his life if he knew the certificate is only worthy to secure a cleaner job....

Now u mentioned dignity in labour....
That's statement doesn't exist in nigeria....
It's only valid when the wage in such labour is enough to take u home and meet your needs....
In developed countries where minimum wage ensures a sufficient basic pay, then u can talk of dignity in labour....

What's dignity in a graduate earning 21,000 a month...
Nonsense....

God bless you oo. I didn't know you already answered the dude.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by afroniger: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajibolag:

Alaye, it's either you have a good job or you have no idea about job market in this country.
Dignity in underemployment?
Dignity in underpaid jobs?
No let me swear for you oo

No problem na. You are free to stay/remain broke while complaining about being jobless and still eating your parents food. Na your choice but don't come here knocking other folks that are more pragmatic about the job market and are not too proud or afraid to work and earn a living no matter how small.

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
madridguy:
They think everyone is suffering from short term memory like them. I repeat, PDP mess up big time.

Yess! they did. Big time.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Ubdavis(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
OneCorner:
I thought igbos are enjoying and it’s only other tribes that are suffering.
Didn’t know many of them are queuing for a cleaner job

But buy ur idea. But even learning trade is no guarantee that will make it ..
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ajibolag(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
afroniger:

No problem na. You are free to stay/remain broke while complaining about being jobless and still eating your parents food. Na your choice but don't come here knocking other folks that are more pragmatic about the job market.

Ogbeni, don't let me descend on you. I'd rather take a teaching job and earn 25k than start sweeping the streets for a salary of 30k or less

Reasons, as I teach I learn more. It is a waste of my parents money, resources, my time and energy to graduate and start sweeping the streets of a country in I'm an elite citizen.

You better increase your level of critical reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ajibolag(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
afroniger:

No problem na. You are free to stay/remain broke while complaining about being jobless and still eating your parents food. Na your choice but don't come here knocking other folks that are more pragmatic about the job market.

Ogbeni, don't let me descend on you. I'd rather take a teaching job and earn 25k than start sweeping the streets for a salary of 30k or less

Reasons, as I teach I learn more. It is a waste of my parents money, resources, my time and energy to graduate and start sweeping the streets of a country in which I'm an elite citizen.

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Ubdavis(m): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
Some people who learned trade are saying had they known, they would have gone to school. For those who went to school, reverse is the case. What a paradox ...

3 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by frankmoney(m): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
That cleaner job abroad would build a house in Nigeria after some years, but this one is a road to nowhere, hand to mouth thinz

but it's still a cleaner job , the post made it to look like cleaning jobs is for mediocres ....that
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by bluefilm: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
yomi961:
this is what apc has reduced Nigeria and indeed Nigerians too.
deliberately make you poor then share garri and kulikuli for you during election to buy your votes

meanwhile
I am willing to pay for the transportation is any (1) patriotic Nigerian, going down to lagos, Ibadan or ogun to vote on Saturday form kaduna. First come first serve
You must show your pvc Ooo
Good bless atiku
Good bless the good people of Nigeria
Vote pdp vote peace of mind

I am willing to pay the salary for one year of any kind English teacher who will volunteer to teach you good English for at least, four months... depending on your learning progress.

Nonsense.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by afroniger: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajibolag:

Reasons, as I teach I learn more. It is a waste of my parents money, resources, my time and energy to graduate and start sweeping the streets of a country in I'm an elite citizen.

Guy, free me and Bleep off my mention cos you sound stuupeed. So you are ok with being a teacher yet you have the nerve to condemn someone else who chooses to be a graduate cleaner? Shove your elitism down your stinking ass and allow those that want to work to work unless you are ready to feed them, you dumb Bleep.

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by varyo: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
Shall the country continue this way?
If this job advert is placed in all the states,you will be surprised the number of unemployed youths in our country.
Imagine APC next 4yrs,youths pls say no to APC.We need a change as a matter of urgency.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ajibolag(m): 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
afroniger:

Guy, free me and Bleep off my mention cos you sound stuupeed. So you are ok with being a teacher yet you have the nerve to condemn someone else who chooses to be a graduate cleaner? Shove your elitism down your stinking ass and allow those that want to work to work unless you are ready to feed them, you dumb Bleep.

I can obviously see that you are shortsighted. A cleaner compared to a teacher? In as much as I think you are stupid, there's still room for improvement in you.

And please, you should learn how to argue, discuss and convey your contradicting opinion in a civilized manner. What's the meaning of all the aforementioned abusive and provocative words? You need to grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by concordetz: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
*SOME OF US WORK WITH FACTS AND NOT EMOTIONS!*
*Between Presidents Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari.*
*Record has it that president Obasanjo sacked his IGP Tafa Balogun for corruption.* *He sacked the then Senate President Adolfus Wabara for corruption. He also sacked his own ministers, Fabian Osuji, S.M Afolabi, Hussein Akwanga, Tim Menakaya, etc for corruption. He also sacked Mrs Mobolaji Osomo for administrative infraction. The same way late president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua sacked Mrs Adenike Grange as Minister of Health for administrative infraction.*
*It's on records that president Jonathan also sacked Stella Odua for corruption. Stella Odua was one of the most powerful ministers in president Jonathan's administration. But when she erred, President Jonathan sacked her.* *President Jonathan also sacked Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina as the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reform for corruption.*
*Now, tell me who president Buhari has sacked for the reported cases of corruption in his government?*
*Mind you, If you tell me that president Buhari sacked Babachir, I will happily remind you that the same president Buhari wrote the Senate, defended and exonerated Babachir of all wrong doings leveled against him. It was the cry of people like you and me and some other good Nigerians that forced him to sack Babachir and have him replaced with his own brother, Boss Mustapha. In other words, Mr. Babachir brought his own replacement.*
*Yet, some hero worshipping obsessive dim-wits will still want me to believe that president Buhari is Mr. Integrity and that he is fighting corruption.*
*Let me also remind you that president Buhari also reappointed the following guys who were all sacked for corruption and violation of their oaths of offices:*
*Abdulrasheed Maina:*
*Maina was the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reform. He was secretly recalled and reinstated by president Buhari.* *He was even promoted to the position of director in charge of human resources in the ministry of interior. Maina was dismissed by president Jonathan in 2013 following* *recommendations by the Office of the Head of Service. He was said to have stolen about 100billion naira from the pension fund.*
*CP Zakari Biu:*
*CP Biu was dismissed following his complicity in the escape from police detention of notorious Boko Haram suspect, Kabiru Sokoto.* *He was reinstated and promoted to the rank of AIG by president Buhari before he was gloriously retired from active service.*
*NHIS Boss, Prof Usman Yusuf:*
*Prof Yusuf was said to have squandered over 997 million naira from the schemes intervention fund. Investigation was carried out and he was dully sacked by the minister of health.* *But because he is president Buhari's brother, he was recently reinstated.*
*Mallam Ahmed Saleh.*
*Saleh was the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court. He connived with two others (Mohammed Abdulrahaman Sharif and Rilwanu Lawal) and stole 2.2 billion naira belonging to the apex court. They were also said to have received gratifications totaling 74.4 million naira from private contractors who were providing services to the apex court.* *Mallam Saleh was sacked but president Buhari reinstated him and promoted him as the Secretary of Legal Council of Nigeria.*
*Don't ever tell me that president Buhari is fighting corruption. Facts on ground are showing otherwise. Some of us work with facts not emotions.*

*-Faruk Adejoh-Audu*

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ADRIAN88(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
La bombom in brown at the far right... Semi-sumptuous!!

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by afroniger: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajibolag:

I can obviously see that you are shortsighted. A cleaner compared to a teacher? In as much as I think you are stupid, there's still room for improvement in you.

And please, you should learn how to argue, discuss and convey your contradicting opinion in a civilized manner. What's the meaning of all the aforementioned abusive and provocative words? You need to grow up.

For the last time will you shut the fuuccckk up and quit sounding stoopid? How many jobless graduates have you taken off the streets via employment and offered that dream job with a fat pay check? If none, then you have no right to pick and choose for anybody. Na you dey feed them? Abeg bounce jor and don't you ever quote me again because I am allergic to dumb people.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
ismailaja:
me wet learn skill. people who suppose purchase my product na the one no want me succeed. we sha hate ourselves for Africa.
Improve on your marketing skills and don't expect patronage from people around you,
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ajibolag(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
afroniger:

For the last time will you shut the fuuccckk up and quit sounding stoopid? How many jobless graduates have you taken off the streets via employment and offered that dream job with a fat pay check? If none, then you have no right to pick and choose for anybody. Na you dey feed them? Abeg bounce jor and don't you ever quote me again because I am allergic to dumb people.

Kade ooo, Ode
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ajibolag(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
afroniger:

Kare ooo, Ode
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Gerrard59(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
kingsfire:
My girlfriend is somewhere in that crowd
She went with her Aunt, her CV was discarded right in front of her "with style "she said but her Aunt will probably get the job.
Reason, she's too young and they Felt she wouldn't be committed. I've never met a lady committed to what she does like her. But no she wouldn't get the job because the country is a mess.
PS: she's a 2:1 graduate from the University of Nigeria Nsukka.

Wait oh, is the job really a sweeper/street cleaner kind of job? shocked
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
ogawisdom:
The pay may not be up to 15k yet this crowd

Vacancy is many as they need 1000 road sweepers Enugu will become the cleanest city in Nigeria soon

30k actually

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nchetttaa(f): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
Gerrard59:

Wait oh, is the job really a sweeper/street cleaner kind of job? shocked

Yea.. It is.. I was working with them before I resigned! And now...I am thinking of going back to reapply.. Who knows if I will be accepted back..
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
ajibolag:

Jesus Christ baba I will take that road sweeper job of 30k you only have to work 3hrs about 3 times a week, and one of those days are Saturday, and you can do two jobs at the same time with it, the only difference is that you have to wakeup by 5:30 and work till 7, 8
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by pocohantas(f): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
kingsfire:
My girlfriend is somewhere in that crowd
She went with her Aunt, her CV was discarded right in front of her "with style "she said but her Aunt will probably get the job.
Reason, she's too young and they Felt she wouldn't be committed. I've never met a lady committed to what she does like her. But no she wouldn't get the job because the country is a mess.
PS: she's a 2:1 graduate from the University of Nigeria Nsukka.

Why on earth would a 2.1 graduate of the prestigious UNN go for this? I understand that the country is a mess, but she can do better.

Please how old is she, what did she study and where is she based?

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
frankmoney:
But they would gladly take a cleaner job abroad , lool ,
You don't get it, the applicants are numerous hence the shock from the writer. As a result of exchange rate and better wage pay many Nigerians prefer to work as cleaners abroad.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

Improve on your marketing skills and don't expect patronage from people around you,
na computer shop I get. photocopy and so on
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

na computer business center I get

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.