Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child (1542 Views)

She’s Just Not That Into You - Demi Sutra, Destiny Mira / This Life Is Just Not Balance At All / Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
A few years ago my dad had 3 of his children
in some universities around the country all at the same time.
I was one of those 3. My immediate younger sister was another while the next after her was the last.

So its just natural that things were tight financially. Either of us will always need something at one time or the other.
And my dad had to always share whatever resources available among us. That means if the money available is 10k, we had no choice than to share the 10k among the 3 of us.
Naturally if you are going to share 10k among 3 kids, it should be 3,250 each but my dad will always find a way to give my sister the lion share.
Like she gets more money and I get less.

Like I'm the older one here!
Hello!

That continued for a few months until I couldn't take it anymore so I had to confront him.
Respectfully of course.
That day I was home and so was my sister so I knew if we don't address that issue before the day we are leaving then I'll have lesser share of the family cake again!
I walked up to my dad that night and stammered through what I had to say.
I knew if I don't get my lines right, I might be in trouble so I had a little rehearsal time in my room.
Make I no go lose my entire allawee.

After all said, my dad looked at me and asked me how long I had been feeling that that.
I was like feeling what sir?

"This hatred for your sister" he said?

Then I automatically switched to defense mode and told him straight up that I don't hate her but I just don't like the fact that I'm getting less than she does, especially being the older one.

Then he told me a few things I didn't think about before. He reminded me that my sister schools at Abuja while I school in Ondo and of course the cost of living is not the same.
I could have easily told him that is not an excuse of course if not that he's my fucking dad!

Then his last statement got me even more confuse. He reminded me that my sister is a girl.

Whatever that means... Whatever, I walked out of his sight. My dad was never right when I was younger.

Now fast-forward to today, I realized how right he was about that last statement, Nigerian girls are exposed to so many dangers out there alone on their own. In schools, work and in the society at large.
Now a girl can not have a boyfriend in peace. If he's a yahoo boy, she might end up being a victim of ritual killing.
And you think of the fact that an innocent girl can not even stand alone at night and be safe.
There are so much danger out there for our women and every time I think about them, I just thank God I'm a man.
And wonder how it feels to live in Nigeria as a girl child, with so much fear and uncertainty.
Everyday, a girl is either raped, assaulted or killed and you wonder what happens if this continues.

I feel I'm going to far, let's even talk about the common dangers our women are exposed to this days, a guy walks up to her and tell her she's the only one in his life. He'll give her heaven and earth.
Being human, she believed him and the relationship started. Then after sipping the sweet wine, he started acting funny, started avoiding her calls, and the next thing you see is that he has moved on to the next girl.
Then girl moved on and found another guy, same thing happened.
Then tomorrow, a jobless dude standing in a corner watching her jump from one man to another comes out and say she's a cheap girl.

My brother, were you there when those cheap men were promising her a kingdom in a fairy world?

It is very wrong. I think it's high time guys stop seeing girls as a sexual tool.
Do you even know that 75% of marriages in Nigeria only happened because the girl got pregnant and there was no other choice?
How do we avoid domestic violence when that dude is not satisfied with the woman he married?

And why will you marry her when you know there are things you hate about her. I mean, let's be rational here. If you don't really love that girl, fine you guys had sex. You both agreed to the sex and now she's pregnant. It's just sane that you save the media some crime story and just accept the baby and leave the girl.

This is not me preach oo, this is just me saying that girls should not always be the victims just because they are "not fast"

https://www.zealnut.com

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by ShinqRambq: 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
LIES,Oda country can't teach ur girls to kneel to a man wen seen or how to grind pepper or cook,for all tins to badmouth Nigeria wit,dis one is absurd
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by MISEDUCATIONS: 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
Try raising your daughter in Brazil
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Jaqenhghar: 12:26am On Feb 21, 2019
You havent talked about high incidences of rape. If a man asks her out she no gree they say she is rude , next thing na rape
If she goes for ine outing where he spent ine miserable 2k she must give sex in return or be raped.
If she dresses i skimpy clothes she should be raped
If she decides to visit a male friend in his house even if na to chat as friends do, na wetin carry her go there, she should be raped

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Biglittlelois(f): 12:49am On Feb 21, 2019
MISEDUCATIONS:

So it's a competition between two countries on which is more safer abi, or what is your point exactly
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by MISEDUCATIONS: 3:23am On Feb 21, 2019
Biglittlelois:

So it's a competition between two countries on which is more safer abi, or what is your point exactly
So you were not comparing Nigeria to another safer country you had in mind??

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Biglittlelois(f): 9:35am On Feb 21, 2019
MISEDUCATIONS:

So you were not comparing Nigeria to another safer country you had in mind??

Dude come back to Nigeria, the Op made valid points on the girl child here, nobody cares if Brazil is worse, face your country and next time, compare her with something positive and worthwhile.
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Dude come back to Nigeria, the Op made valid points on the girl child here, nobody cares if Brazil is worse, face your country and next time, compare her with something positive and worthwhile.
I thought he's from Zimbabwe living in south African undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Biglittlelois(f): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
BornagainThief:
I thought he's from Zimbabwe living in south African undecided

Really? Is he ubunja?? I know that one is from Zimbabwe
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
Biglittlelois:

he is undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by MISEDUCATIONS: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Nigerian women are cry babies. They need to womanup.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by MISEDUCATIONS: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
Biglittlelois:

you must be renamed Biglittleeyes.

I even wrote UBUNJA as my signature. How blind can one be

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Biglittlelois(f): 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2019
MISEDUCATIONS:
Nigerian women are cry babies. They need to womanup.

Kill yourself undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Deicide: 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
An olosho would always be an olosho lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Nostradamus: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2019
The o.p is totally right.the girl-child's Victoria secrets undies sef no safe.
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by jeff1607(m): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2019
when ladies go for job interviews where guys are in attendance they have the higher chance of getting employed

let's say two corp members are heading to the same location but taking different routes ,who gets a free ride to his/her PPA

say a lady/guy is so broke and needs to make a call just to eat n decides to call everyone on contact list who gets money faster? even on Nairaland if a lady should beg for money her chances of getting the money is much higher than the male

when both genders graduate from University even if both are at home jobless one knows she will get married n be lifted from hunger n poverty while the other has to hustles

the lady gets all the goodies of life even the children tend to favor the mothers than the fathers

life expectancy of females totally exceeds that of the man by far

men go to war ,women don't

a man bears the brunt of masculinity from childhood,

men put their lives more at risk than women

it's only in child bearing they supercede the males

more men die during copulation than the females ( yes males have higher chances of dying)

during war the men are killed but women and children are spared

how many times do mother's day come up in a year compared to father's day.

everyone wants to take care of their mothers forgetting the father

most men might not get to see their grand kids compared to women

they aren't victims here

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by marvinsync(m): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
A few years ago my dad had 3 of his children
in some universities around the country all at the same time.
I was one of those 3. My immediate younger sister was another while the next after her was the last.

So its just natural that things were tight financially. Either of us will always need something at one time or the other.
And my dad had to always share whatever resources available among us. That means if the money available is 10k, we had no choice than to share the 10k among the 3 of us.
Naturally if you are going to share 10k among 3 kids, it should be 3,250 each but my dad will always find a way to give my sister the lion share.
Like she gets more money and I get less.

Like I'm the older one here!
Hello!

That continued for a few months until I couldn't take it anymore so I had to confront him.
Respectfully of course.
That day I was home and so was my sister so I knew if we don't address that issue before the day we are leaving then I'll have lesser share of the family cake again!
I walked up to my dad that night and stammered through what I had to say.
I knew if I don't get my lines right, I might be in trouble so I had a little rehearsal time in my room.
Make I no go lose my entire allawee.

After all said, my dad looked at me and asked me how long I had been feeling that that.
I was like feeling what sir?

"This hatred for your sister" he said?

Then I automatically switched to defense mode and told him straight up that I don't hate her but I just don't like the fact that I'm getting less than she does, especially being the older one.

Then he told me a few things I didn't think about before. He reminded me that my sister schools at Abuja while I school in Ondo and of course the cost of living is not the same.
I could have easily told him that is not an excuse of course if not that he's my fucking dad!

Then his last statement got me even more confuse. He reminded me that my sister is a girl.

Whatever that means... Whatever, I walked out of his sight. My dad was never right when I was younger.

Now fast-forward to today, I realized how right he was about that last statement, Nigerian girls are exposed to so many dangers out there alone on their own. In schools, work and in the society at large.
Now a girl can not have a boyfriend in peace. If he's a yahoo boy, she might end up being a victim of ritual killing.
And you think of the fact that an innocent girl can not even stand alone at night and be safe.
There are so much danger out there for our women and every time I think about them, I just thank God I'm a man.
And wonder how it feels to live in Nigeria as a girl child, with so much fear and uncertainty.
Everyday, a girl is either raped, assaulted or killed and you wonder what happens if this continues.

I feel I'm going to far, let's even talk about the common dangers our women are exposed to this days, a guy walks up to her and tell her she's the only one in his life. He'll give her heaven and earth.
Being human, she believed him and the relationship started. Then after sipping the sweet wine, he started acting funny, started avoiding her calls, and the next thing you see is that he has moved on to the next girl.
Then girl moved on and found another guy, same thing happened.
Then tomorrow, a jobless dude standing in a corner watching her jump from one man to another comes out and say she's a cheap girl.

My brother, were you there when those cheap men were promising her a kingdom in a fairy world?

It is very wrong. I think it's high time guys stop seeing girls as a sexual tool.
Do you even know that 75% of marriages in Nigeria only happened because the girl got pregnant and there was no other choice?
How do we avoid domestic violence when that dude is not satisfied with the woman he married?

And why will you marry her when you know there are things you hate about her. I mean, let's be rational here. If you don't really love that girl, fine you guys had sex. You both agreed to the sex and now she's pregnant. It's just sane that you save the media some crime story and just accept the baby and leave the girl.

This is not me preach oo, this is just me saying that girls should not always be the victims just because they are "not fast"

https://www.zealnut.com

crap!

y think men don't have their own share of bullshït?

ur being sexist , acting like women are weak fragile beings that can break easily

listen sexist the world is dangerous for everyone the only difference between male and female is males are thought to be strong , handle things like a man . Listen if u or females are expecting some kind of special pity , they won't get it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by marvinsync(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
You havent talked about high incidences of rape. If a man asks her out she no gree they say she is rude , next thing na rape
If she goes for ine outing where he spent ine miserable 2k she must give sex in return or be raped.
If she dresses i skimpy clothes she should be raped
If she decides to visit a male friend in his house even if na to chat as friends do, na wetin carry her go there, she should be raped

listen , have u heard the saying prevention is better than cure?

ur right going to a guy's house or wearing skimpy clothes is not a "Good reason" to be raped but u see there is no good reason to be raped , there are only reasons . when u know this could be a reason , this could cause something , avoid it , prevent urself from harm instead of arguing whether its a good reason or not , be smart life is not based on good or bad but actions and reactions
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by MISEDUCATIONS: 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Kill yourself undecided
I'm too lazy
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by MISEDUCATIONS: 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Nostradamus:
The o.p is totally right.the girl-child's Victoria secrets undies sef no safe.
lmfao
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Jaqenhghar: 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
marvinsync:

listen , have u heard the saying prevention is better than cure?

ur right going to a guy's house or wearing skimpy clothes is not a "Good reason" to be raped but u see there is no good reason to be raped , there are only reasons . when u know this could be a reason , this could cause something , avoid it , prevent urself from harm instead of arguing whether its a good reason or not , be smart life is not based on good or bad but actions and reactions
Your opinion. When you stand before a judge you can recite this. Not that I expect that you will ever get to live in such sane climates sha. . But in the case where you do. Id like to see you do this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by lovelybugs(f): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
OP, don't you think 75% is a bit high? sad
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Lightangel65: 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
It's not safe for any child at all.
Don't just put all the pity on women beacuse they look weak, They are monsters too.

There are boys, who were molested and raped by their elder sisters, maids, guardians even parents.
Yes it happens, but most times people don't believe.
Most people believe boys are strong, they can't be raped, used and dumped. But it happens more often.

The truma some boys have are devastating.
Most families protect the female child and leave the male child.

Both sex are faced with dangers but women are the most protected.
Many this is one of the many reasons I hate women

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by marvinsync(m): 1:55am On Feb 22, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Your opinion. When you stand before a judge you can recite this. Not that I expect that you will ever get to live in such sane climates sha. . But in the case where you do. Id like to see you do this.

it seems u didn't even get my point , I'm not justifying rape I'm saying it should be prevented

besides do u know how many rape cases where the victim doesn't get justice ?

dont do things that'll lead to rape cause when it happens , we can only pity u , u can't be unraped and u might not get justice if the events leading to the rape seemed consensual
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Randy100: 6:17am On Feb 22, 2019
jeff1607:
when ladies go for job interviews where guys are in attendance they have the higher chance of getting employed

let's say two corp members are heading to the same location but taking different routes ,who gets a free ride to his/her PPA

say a lady/guy is so broke and needs to make a call just to eat n decides to call everyone on contact list who gets money faster? even on Nairaland if a lady should beg for money her chances of getting the money is much higher than the male

when both genders graduate from University even if both are at home jobless one knows she will get married n be lifted from hunger n poverty while the other has to hustles

the lady gets all the goodies of life even the children tend to favor the mothers than the fathers

life expectancy of females totally exceeds that of the man by far

men go to war ,women don't

a man bears the brunt of masculinity from childhood,

men put their lives more at risk than women

it's only in child bearing they supercede the males

more men die during copulation than the females ( yes males have higher chances of dying)

during war the men are killed but women and children are spared

how many times do mother's day come up in a year compared to father's day.

everyone wants to take care of their mothers forgetting the father

most men might not get to see their grand kids compared to women

they aren't victims here
You are wise that is all I have to say.
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by zolajpower: 6:29am On Feb 22, 2019
MISEDUCATIONS:
Gbam! God bless u for that , u just preempt me . Oga op oya over to u, go Brasilia go raise ur girl child make u see how pikin dey carry belle for age 13 bf she clock 30 she don be grand mother .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by kense88: 6:52am On Feb 22, 2019
Anyway, let me not speak my mind. Living in Nigeria is not easy, but if you think been a man is easier than a woman in this country, you can ask your father, grown up brothers or cousine.
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2019
Lightangel65:
It's not safe for any child at all.
Don't just put all the pity on women beacuse they look weak, They are monsters too.

There are boys, who were molested and raped by their elder sisters, maids, guardians even parents.
Yes it happens, but most times people don't believe.
Most people believe boys are strong, they can't be raped, used and dumped. But it happens more often.

The truma some boys have are devastating.
Most families protect the female child and leave the male child.

Both sex are faced with dangers but women are the most protected.
Many this is one of the many reasons I hate women
Don't you think hate is a strong word, I hope your hatred for women don't push you to hurt any of them...
Re: Nigeria Is Just Not A Safe Place For A Girl-child by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2019
lovelybugs:
OP, don't you think 75% is a bit high? sad
I think so...maybe 60%

(1) (Reply)

Video: Prophet Having Se.x With Woman In A Pool In Front Of Congregation / Thread For Guys With Big Backside (pictures) / Vaseline People I Got Something For You Guys.... Run In Nowwww

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.