Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu (18637 Views)

PSC Bows To Pressure, Removes Naja’atu From Election Duty / Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty / Buhari Donates Two Cows To Corpers In Katsina For Sallah Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by dre11(m): 8:44am On Feb 21, 2019
INEC chairman: We’ll give automatic employment to corps members who do well on election duty

Mahmood Yakubu, the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has promised automatic employment for corps members who do well on election duty.

Speaking at the daily briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, the INEC chairman said the commission will definitely reward excellence in the conduct of this year’s elections.

Responding to questions on the welfare of corps members seen sleeping on the floor the night before the postpones elections, Yakubu said he has spoken to the director general of the National Youth Service Commission (NYSC) on how to improve the wellbeing of the corps members.

“The youth corps members are among the most educated, most reliable, most patriotic, and most readily available ad-hoc staff we have… so we don’t joke with the wellbeing of corps members,” Yakubu said.

“Arising from my interaction with DG NYSC yesterday, they are looking at how they can mobilise mattresses, used by the youth corps members in camp to places where the youth corps members are going to stay the night so that the layover before we open the polling units on Saturday can be more comfortable for them.

“I am waiting for the DG NYSC to submit the details to the commission, but I want to assure you that anything that the commission can do to make the corps members comfortable, and all other staff, including their welfare and security, we will do.”

AUTOMATIC EMPLOYMENT
The professor also promised automatic employment for corps members who do exceptionally well in the delivery of their election duties.

“Those who do exceptionally well during elections are accorded automatic employment by the commission. We would continue to improve on the welfare of corps members during elections and do whatever we can to protect them in the course of election duty.

He added that the commission has been working with the security agencies to provide protection even at the corper’s lodges across the nation.

He said in the past, these lodges were raided when the corps members were not around, and stole their personal effects.

https://www.thecable.ng/inec-chairman-well-give-automatic-employment-to-corps-members-who-do-well-on-election-duty

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by KardinalZik(m): 8:52am On Feb 21, 2019
Corp Members should remember their pledge: "Nigeria's ours, Nigeria we serve".

SERVE NIGERIA, NOT INEC OR PRESIDENCY.

BE PATRIOTIC

Patriotism,” said Theodore Roosevelt, “means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. … Every man,” said President Roosevelt, “who parrots the cry of ‘stand by the President’ without adding the proviso ‘so far as he serves the Republic’ takes an attitude as essentially unmanly as that of any Stuart royalist who championed the doctrine that the King could do no wrong. No self-respecting and intelligent free man could take such an attitude.~~~~~~Theodore Roosevelt

12 Likes

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 21, 2019
Sakamanje

Abeg sha leave my brother for me,we no want your employment. Upon every thing wey I do for service join award sef chingbain I no gain. Na street we for end last last if not for God.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 8:59am On Feb 21, 2019
Nice
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by kenny714433(m): 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Breaking News!!!

I knew it'll come, I didn't know it'll come so soon.
I saw it. I saw it with my koro koro eyes.

I saw a boy with it. I had to stop by to make sure it's it.

My brothers, mango is out.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by TheMoniker: 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
grin
Like for anything, share for Buhari.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by skelewu404(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
i pity any corper that will go n over do

29 Likes

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by SirLakes: 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Corfers make una use una brain ooo, make dem no use one mumu job deceive una.

If the place is tensed up run ooo, run for ya life grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by derbykol(f): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Do well in what angle?

12 Likes

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by holuwajaytee(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Who do well?You mean By cooperating to rig for the Aso baboon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by helinues: 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Not a bad idea only if it is not empty promises as usual
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by chloride6: 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Na Scam ooh..

grin
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by Pavore9: 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Am skeptical about this promise.
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
What does he mean by DO WELL?

Is it aiding the PDP rigging well?

Hmm
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by XYZo: 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
angry

I pity the Jehovah overdo corpers undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by omoasero(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
SET OF LIES THAT HAS BEEN GOING ROUND FOR AGES
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
Lol
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by kollinskollins(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
OK... but next level sha
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by diadem10: 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
Next level to sure. No more going back to Pdp egypt of abandoned project and looting.

Thank God for Buhari coming in to stabilize us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from $110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry $50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while surprising Iweala and Soludo who all predicted recession in the coming years regardless who wins between Jonathan and Buhari in 2015.

PDP, Neva again.

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by alabi484(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
Bobo cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by senatepresido: 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
Femi Fani-Kayode
The first and only Christian Governor of Kaduna state: murdered!
The first and only Christian National Security Advisor: murdered!
The first southern Christian Chief Justice of the Federation in 32 years: disgraced and removed!
ALL former Governors jailed by Buhari are Christians!
Meanwhile:
A man with LLB Sharia became the current Federal Attorney General and Minister of Justice.
Another man with LLB Sharia, a Masters in Sharia and a PhD in Sharia who is also a Professor of Islamic studies was appointed the Head of the Nigeria Law School.
Another man with LLB Sharia who was a former Judge of the Sharia Court of Appeal became the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria.
Question:
What on earth is going on? May God help the Christians of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by africandictator(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
Their do well meant rig well and comply with unusual demands! Slow country
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by Pakerlokor: 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
On what basis will INEC use to select corpers who perform well for employment? Scam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by unity004(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
grin omo if u go ur polling unit on saturday , the way corpers go the humble & the greet u, u go dey feel like obasanjo.... true or false?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by kachi08(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
What are the rational to determine who did well?
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by Firefire(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Another FAKE promise

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by Kingmoney7: 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Good development
Meanwhile if u a car dealer and u want to join a whataspp platform where you can sell or buy cars it's a new platform... Let's network
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by sammyuche(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Yeye rubbish format
Re: INEC To Give Automatic Employment To Corpers Who Do Well On Election Duty-Yakubu by 9japrof(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
Scam, don't fall for this nonsense...

Use your head on election day, don't put yourself in harms way because of Nigeria, no body would notice your absense when you are long gone except your grieving family and friends

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP / Governor Akeredolu Tests Negative For Coronavirus / Masquerades Campaign For Tinubu During Traditional Carnival In Warri (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.