Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,088 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why Vote For Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Vote For Buhari? (446 Views)

Why Vote Buyers Will Be Lynched In SE & SS / Why Vote-Trading Will Continue In Nigeria – INEC, Others / If Ambode Failed Lagosians(apc) Why Vote Buhari Who Failed The Entire Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Vote For Buhari? by Eastlink(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2019
When I see able youth's of my generation cue up to support a failed Buhari, I shake my head in disbelief. I asked one the other day to give me reasons why Buhari should be given a 2nd term in office and he kept talking about Atiku. That Atiku is a thief, that Buhari is trying to clean up the mess began by Atiku and PDP since 1999, and that PDP is frustrating Buhari in his fight against corruption. After hearing such comment, I simply left him alone to wallow in his ignorance. I felt no need to continue the discussion with him because he had already made his choice and wasn't worth my sweat.
The first thing that comes to mind about such fellow is that he's just a brainwashed illiterate roaming the street. But No, this guy isn't! As a matter of fact he's a Master's degree holder and heads a division in a private company. He appears an intelligent guy but just as others, this guy has been brainwashed by tribalism and political propaganda.
But on a serious note, the worst thing that has happened to the psyche of Nigerians since 1999 is the Buhari presidency. The Buhari presidency energized tribalism and religious differences in our country. In 2015, the APC rode on the change mantra on it's victorious charge to Aso rock. After winning the presidency, rather than unite the country and bring everyone together to move the country forward, the Buhari led government began making utterances, and actions that showed it wasn't prepared for governance.
The first blunder was the 97% and 5% victory speech. Under no circumstances should a leader of a nation be allowed to make such utterances, he was supposed to be the father of the nation and not a sectarian leader. God knows what he would have achieved as President had he brought everyone on board. But he failed woefully in this task.
The Second was the indecisiveness of the government to constitute a cabinet for 6 months, this act singularly led to the collapse of the economy. In few months later, the cost of living skyrocketed. Inflation reared its ugly head, food prices soared, the naira fell, companies shutdown and unemployment reached a record high to the extent that 14 million jobs were lost under 3 years in power.
Thirdly, under his government, nepotism and tribalism became a way of life. The appointments became alien to the quota system championed by the same north and all heads of major parastatals, both the military, police, customs, immigration etc were from his region. When criticized, his foot soldier's and sycophants justified it with the 'singsong' that a President should be allowed to choose people he can trust, even if they all belong the same Village as him. Imagine! and this was condoned.
Four, the corruption fight of his government became a charade. Despite all the arrests the APC bragged about, not a single person was prosecuted and sentenced by the courts. Rather, the DSS, EFCC, Police and Code of Conduct tribunal became a recruitment ground for persecuted opposition politicians to join the APC and be free. Akpabio and Obanikoro are examples.
Lastly, the spate of ethno-religious crises, banditry, farmers/fulani herdsmen clash, military extrajudicial killings and insurgency reach an all time high. It was under the watch of the President that the Benue massacres, the Mambilla Taraba massacres, Zamfara massacres, Kaduna massacres, Plateau massacres, Katsina massacres, Shiite killings, IPOB killings, Boko-Haram onslaughts were carried out.
The fight against insecurity and corruption was Buhari's political mantra in 2015. He campaign vigorously on this two ideals. But from all indices, he didn't fulfill his promises and doesn't deserve the next level he desires.
Buhari has failed! Under his watch Nigeria became the poverty capital of the world. Ineptitude, nepotism, tribalism, hate, ethnic killings, hunger and unemployed became an identity associated with him and his party. Never since the 1966 civil war have we gotten this low. Buhari is bringing nothing to the table that we've not seen before, except maybe dictatorship and civil war if he wins.
As for Atiku, he still remains the top challenger to Buhari. He was only VP during his first stint and it will be unfair to judge him based on Obasanjo's performance. It's akin to blaming Osinbanjo tomorrow for Buhari's disaster. When we all know that Buhari held the knife and the yam.
I hope Atiku wins this election and if he messes up his own case will be easy to handle, than the present warlord in Aso rock. Atiku is a civilian and a democrat in the mould of Yar'adua and GEJ. His won't be dictatorial as the military man in civilian garb currently. Four years should be enough to judge performance and not the nonsense next level we see or 4+4 sign a failed leader is campaigning for.
Our democracy will only work when politicians begin to understand that getting a 2nd term in office is not a birthright. When done this way, the likes of Sowore, Moghalu, Durotoye and inclusive of You and I will get their chance in few years from now.
A vote for Atiku is a best decision we can make at this stage of our democracy. Vote wisely!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by Eastlink(m): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2019
This guy has said it all!
Like for Atiku and share for Buhari if you agree.

1 Like

Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by FocusedDiva(f): 11:58am On Feb 21, 2019
BECAUSE BUHARI IS NOT PRODIGAL!

BUHARI FOR SECOND TERM

Civil Servant or Public Servant should think twice before casting their VOTE. One factor is that at least 70% of ALLOCATION to STATES comes from NNPC.

IF eventually NNPC is sold to ATIKU's friends as promised, definitely your SALARY has being sold off, your JOB has being sold off. Think deeply. Thanks.

~Retired Biafran Army "Chinedu Madu" caution civil servant.

This election has the following in built factors:
The licenses of DISCOS have expired and the PMB’s government is to allow more companies to come in.

The OIL prospecting licenses of the Generals have expired and PMB is set to allocate them to the States for infrastructural development and thirdly and the most important the monopolistic license issued to INTELS with an annual revenue of N300 billion will expire in 2020 and PMB will not renew it. This has been the mainstay of Atiku. Wike and Secondus are also beneficiaries.

Therefore the elections is between the masses and those who have cornered our commonwealth.

If you are not their friend and you are supporting them without verifying these expiry dates of their economic dominance you have to think twice.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2019
History beckons this Saturday! Buhari has failed and it beckons on Nigerians to do the right thing by sending him back to Daura. Click like for Atiku and share for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by chosengocap: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2019
# SheyUnaDonHear ... Atiku may win by voting that's not our business but we are winning through announcement by INEC, to pass exam is beyond brilliance - Adams Oshiomole APC Chairman..

1 Like

Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by chosengocap: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2019
# SheyUnaDonHear ... Atiku may win by voting that's not our business but we are winning through announcement by INEC, to pass exam is beyond brilliance - Adams Oshiomole APC Chairman..
Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
chosengocap:
# SheyUnaDonHear ...
Atiku may win by voting that's not our business but we
are winning through announcement by INEC, to pass
exam is beyond brilliance
- Adams Oshiomole APC Chairman..
They will fail. Oshiomole will go on exile after the announcement has been made by Inec. Atiku is the chosen one.

1 Like

Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by Eastlink(m): 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
I'm not losing sleep concerning this election. Atiku Abubakar is the incoming President of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
Mynd front page let nairalanders read this too.
Re: Why Vote For Buhari? by slivertongue: 12:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
majority of the youths pursue primordial interests

(1) (Reply)

ELECTION: APC Thugs Burns Ballox Boxes And Other Electoral Materials / Kwankwaso Fails To Save Atiku In Home LG / Will Alhaji Atiku Make That Memorable Phone Call?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.