Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation (28386 Views)

How I Curbed Vote-buying – Buhari / Chad Embassy Writes Nigeria On Chadian Military Videos In Circulation / Vote Buying: Buhari Raises Alarm Over Huge Dollars In Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by titiloyeblog: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari says there is a huge amount of foreign currency flooding the country intended to influence the outcome of the general election beginning on Saturday.

According to Garba Shehu, the president’s senior special assistant on media and publicity, Buhari raised the alarm during the federal executive council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday.

Shehu said the president accused some politicians of flouting money laundering regulations in their desperate bid to capture political power.

He, however, commended the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for successfully tracking the money in “millions of United States dollars”.

According to him, the EFCC success followed the presidential directive to investigative agencies to probe a number of high profile cases.

He reassured the nation of his administration’s determination to wage relentless war against money laundering and terrorist financing.

Buhari also reiterated his appeal to Nigerians, especially politicians, to place the interest of the “country above all others, as they troop out to cast their votes in the coming elections’’.

Shehu’s statement comes hours after the EFCC alerted Nigerians that there were fake dollar notes in circulation.

Source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/02/vote-buying-buhari-says-huge-dollars-in.html

6 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
Where is my share ?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by ifyalways(f): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
He should direct his query to Ganduje

228 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Dadaboddo: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
That Cameroon dictator president should be called out too he must stop interfering in Nigerian Elections through all these nonsense cash his pumping in and deal with his country's problem.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by sukerefakere(m): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
shocked
Ganduje official currency

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by cptjacksparrow: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
Political season is interesting in my country. The way individuals promote their preferred candidate is as if only one person determines the winner. We forget about personalities (candidates) and their party manifesto, their track records. What I can't really figure out is the way educated Nigerians play bias and ethnic politics in chosen their leaders, Omoyele Sowore and Mogelu are begging for our votes but the so called educated Nigerians still prefer old politicians who have failed us before. Nigeria my country, when will our youths be ready to save you from vampires.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by NothingDoMe: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
If it crashes the price of dollars then I am In

Meanwhile.....

33 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Salvador1: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Imagine a president complaining

Odiegwu'

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by sparog(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
So dey wanna buy with dollars now

No wahala, let dem bring the money

We'll collect and still vote for whoever we want

Na free money afterall

7 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Scared
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by ugo4u: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
The greatest achievement of this administration is the beatification of poverty, most of the people (outside the political profiteers) still supporting PMB are the poverty stricken people whose only consolation is in "Jailing of the Rich", the government have successfully sold the notion to these set of people that becoming rich is evil and anybody doing well financially is a thief and looter who is to be executed, this part of the reason why illiteracy has being weaponised over the years by the political elites to perpetually keep their people in servitude and slavery.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by aku626(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Oya it’s time to haunt opposition

5 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Kingspin(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
Believe me

APC playing the victim right inside they are the actors.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by StTrump: 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by shutto: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
I hope the soldiers have been oriented on what a ballot box looks like before they shoot those with lunch box. Am just observing�

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by canalily(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
who.let.the.dogs.out!
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Ekakamba: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
One Pic, One Word! grin tongue

9 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by jconsulting(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
When Ganduje​ was taking bribe in dollars ,it wasn't in circulation ,is now that dollars is in circulation, APC are daft set of people

25 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by ekems2017(f): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
Is it not the reason your party said banks should work tomorrow when other organizations observe the public holiday? As if bankers are not eligible to vote. I now understand why.

4 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
is this buhari speaking?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
Nincompoop

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Ugo4hotish(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
Do you know that if rains heavily in Owerri, Onitsha, Porthacourt, Asaba, Enugu, Aba, Calabar, Uyo on Saturday.. Buhari is automatically the winner

5 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Glink2018(m): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Atiku is doing the same thing GEJ Did in 2015....
Spending dollars for election , yet he lost

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Ugo4hotish:
Do you know that if rains heavily in Owerri, Onitsha, Porthacourt, Asaba, Enugu, Aba, Calabar, Uyo on Saturday.. Buhari is automatically the winner

Stop typing rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by NaijaMutant(f): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Buhari is just plain daft walahi grin

Never seen a fool like buhari

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2019
Capensis:
Where is my share ?

Very important question.

1 Like

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Omeokachie: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2019
And what is your lifeless self doing about it?

You are there to solve problems and not to keep running to the people to complain and make excuses, which has been your only achievement in the last 3.5yrs.

4 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Why is dat its apc dat make d loudest noise. Today this, tomorrow that. Wail..wail...wail.... Failures!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by DammyGbade(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
I won't mention any candidate or be partisan here but
I will vote for someone that will *B*-ring *U*-ltimate *H*-appiness *A*-nd *R*-estore *I*-ntegrity in the country.
Any *P-ATIKU-LAR* Candidate Whose intention is to loot and cause *Obi* To Our Treasury Will not succeed. #copied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Dandsome: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Yes. Dollars from his party.

The collapsed aircraft comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Otunski: 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
Part of the 5Million Ganduje collected as kick back is part of the USD in circulation. So Buhari your men are the ones sharing dollars.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Creation Of SWAT Hasty, Governors Tell IG Adamu / Tinubu’s Move To End Wike, Fubara Rift Has Collapsed – APC / Tony Nwoye And Emmanuel Udende Defect From PDP To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.