Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,032 members, 7,803,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

State Of Nigeria Economy Is Alarming. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / State Of Nigeria Economy Is Alarming. (284 Views)

Buhari Safeguarded Nigeria’s Economy From Breakdown – Malami / Warri Blue Marlin Fish: Hunger, Ignorance Killing Nigeria Economy / Nigeria Economy Is Rigged In Favor Of Aliko Dangote - Atedo Peterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Nigeria Economy Is Alarming. by WilsonGideon1: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
Economists, accountants and knowledgeable people in the house,please what can be done to make Nigeria naira equal U.S dollar ? Please I need to be enlightened.
Re: State Of Nigeria Economy Is Alarming. by PartnerusIsBack: 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
The government must cut down aggregate spending particularly on recurrent expenditure and then increase income from taxation, excise duty through increase in local production. If we cut down aggregate spending which seems to mount more pressure on our naira and then increase productivity which leads to exportation of products and services then our local currency will appreciate.
Re: State Of Nigeria Economy Is Alarming. by psucc(m): 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hmmmmm! Seeing the kind of country and leadership we have, this can only be achieved when Nigeria reincarnates.
PartnerusIsBack:
The government must cut down aggregate spending particularly on recurrent expenditure and then increase income from taxation, excise duty through increase in local production. If we cut down aggregate spending which seems to mount more pressure on our naira and then increase productivity which leads to exportation of products and services then our local currency will appreciate.
Re: State Of Nigeria Economy Is Alarming. by PartnerusIsBack: 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2019
psucc:
Hmmmmm! Seeing the kind of country and leadership we have, this can only be achieved when Nigeria reincarnates.

Sure that's true. The government itself knows the right thing to do but sheer lack willingness on the part of government has made it literally impossible for them to do so. Also they have got economic advisers but as the normal case, political exigencies always overriding economic gains, takes the order of the day.

The best time to adopt austerity measures isn't during the time of economic recession. The right time to so so is now. We must take the bitter pill no matter how hard it is but we won't die of it.
I am hoping someday to return back home and occupy such high echelon designate which will enable me roll out austerity measures. The people are certainly not going to like me nor my policies either but I am not an entertainer who has to be loved by fans. If the politicians won't accept my austerity measures which will in the long run see us attain economic prosperity, then I'd be on the next flight back to where I am coming from.
We have the brains but what we lack is the willingness to get things right.

(1) (Reply)

[live Update] Presidential Election Results / Let's Us Discuss About ALUMINIUM WINDOWS / How To Switch From A Facebook Log In To Email Log In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.