Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Trusting The Will Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trusting The Will Of God (233 Views)

Trusting The Almighty / Never Stop Trusting The Unseen Hand Which Is Carrying You / Prayer Points On Today's Open : Tithing Is Trusting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trusting The Will Of God by pressplay411(m): 6:08am On Feb 22, 2019
Title: Trusting The Will Of God

Key Verse: For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men— as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
1 Peter 2:15-17

Song Ministeration: Your Word Is True- Yemi Levite

The Good News
Growing up, I always wished life came with a Manual. I was very adventurous, I liked to know how things worked. So I would often study the manual that came with a product just to understand it more.
It made me know how to operate things better. It made my parents and siblings trust me to an extent to know how to fix and make things work.
But there was another side to my adventurous nature.
Objects that didn't have a manual suffered in my hands. I destroyed my toys, damaged home appliances and I once destroyed some of my mom's expensive shoes in a bid to understand and play with the precious stones attached to them. Of course this got me in trouble more often than not.

When I became an adult I was confused about a lot of things. So I often wondered why God didn't just create man with a manual. I mean that would save us from damaging a lot of things including our own lives, right?
It wasn't until later in life I realised, God actually did. I was listening to a sermon and as if the pastor heard my cry, he said it emphatically that the Bible is our Manual as God's creation, as God's children- Truly God had heard my heart cry.
My eyes lit up, my heart leaped for joy and since then, nothing excited me than to know and follow the instructions of my Manufacturer, Creator and God.

No one knows a product like its manufacturer. Toyota company cannot repair a Benz car as perfectly as the Benz company.
A phone repairer in Computer village (Nigeria's Silicon Valley) cannot fix your iPhone as much as Apple company.

Like wise, no textbook, philosopher, scientist, psychologist, parent, even pastor can understand and guide us as much as our Creator, God.
And the scriptures teaches us that God is His Word. God watches over His Word to perform it, God honours His Word and Only God's Counsel will always Stand. He has never failed and He won't start now.

If there's anything thing we should trust with all our heart, soul and strength, it is God's Word.
Only by knowing and obeying God's Will can we always be in Perfect alignment with God's purpose for our lives.

How to Know and Trust the Will Of God
-Ensure you know you're sincerely Born-again.
-Get baptised in Water, Holy Spirit and Fire.
-Go through the Foundation school.
-Have a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.
-Dedicate specific time and private place to study the Word and Pray daily.
-Develop a passion to soul-winning.
-Submit to proper Discipleship.

Additional Reading:
Psalm 1:1-3, Joshua 1:8, Deuteronomy 28:1-13.
Matthew 5:1-28, John 14:15, John 15:10.
Deuteronomy 28:14-68 details what we expose ourselves to when we live outside God's will.

It is important to know that everything is God's Will. We can either be in the blessings of God's Will as we submit and trust Him or expose ourselves to be in the curse of not submitting to God's Will.
Let's always turn to God, that He may have mercy on us. So that we may always know and obey His Will.
He is ever willing to guide us once He sees our hearts are sincere and without guile.

Closing Verse
Philippians 2:12-13
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Re: Trusting The Will Of God by pressplay411(m): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2019
Contribution from a friend.

God's will is to bring man into a desired Haven (a place where u are protected from danger and trouble). Bearing this in mind will help us to trust and submit to Gods will. Psalms 19:7‭-‬8 GNB:
The law of the LORD is perfect; it gives new strength. The commands of the LORD are trustworthy, giving wisdom to those who lack it. The laws of the LORD are right, and those who obey them are happy. The commands of the LORD are just and give understanding to the mind.
-Tolu

(1) (Reply)

Hatred : A Symptom Of Irresponsibility / The Word Of God Is God / Is There A Difference Between Saying And Shouting Amen 3 Times After Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.