Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu (704 Views)

Tinubu, What About The Refineries? / #Endsars Protester Kamsi Ibeh Stabbed Like A Thief ‘for Appearing Before Panel’ / Ibe Kachikwu Now U.S. Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by shachris05: 11:13am On Feb 22, 2019
and up till now, the refineries are not yet fixed despite gulping millions of Dollars in repairs.

Ibe Kachikwu, group managing director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), on Friday said President Muhammadu Buhari advised against selling of the nation’s refineries.

Addressing journalists in Lagos, Kachikwu said the refineries were currently working at 30 per cent capacity as against the minimum of 60 per cent required to generate profit.

“Personally, I will have chosen to sell the refineries, but President Buhari has instructed that they should be fixed,” he said.

“After they are fixed, if they still operate below 60 per cent, then we will know what to do.

“The 90-day ultimatum for the refineries to be fixed will end in December and Port Harcourt Refinery looks like the only one that will meet the deadline, but we will wait and see what happens at the end of the 90 days.”

He said the corporation will embark on a transparency operation to regain its lost credibility, saying the first step in that regard would be an audit of the corporation’s finances, which was last audited in 2010‎.

He said the corporation’s finance will not only be audited and brought up to date, but will also be made available to the public.

Kachikwu said the transparency operation will involve posting of the corporation’s activities on its website regularly, adding that along with the regular data, there will also be a weekly broadcast of issues concerning the corporation on its website.

“Contracts will be made open to the public and we will choose the best module that works for us and that helps us save money,” he said.

“We need to clean the system and carry everybody along. The concept of what is right and wrong will take us very far. Though there are huge challenges in driving the corporation forward, they will be surmounted with good planning and efficiency.”

Kachikwu assured Nigerians that although the challenge of cleaning NNPC will be a bumpy ride, it will be exciting and it will eventually yield positive results.

https://www.thecable.ng/kachikwu-buhari-ild-sold-refineries
Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by uzohrome(m): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2019
We are all know that, selling is the best

3 Likes

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by jesse8048(m): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2019
Rubbish, sell of everything to people who would manage them properly...

4 Likes

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by faithfull18(f): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2019
Ok.
Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by Youngbbt: 11:18am On Feb 22, 2019
Atiku and Peter Obi please Learn from what happen to phcn a. k. a Nepa privatization

3 Likes

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by domino4211(m): 11:23am On Feb 22, 2019
T
Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by mlkraj(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2019
Space booked
Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by shachris05: 11:42am On Feb 22, 2019
cc Lalasticlala.
Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2019
2 were sold to dangote then. The dullard yar adua reversed the sale. 500m usd den today 20m cant be gotten from its sale

1 Like

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by NothingDoMe: 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Joromi12:
2 were sold to dangote then. The dullard yar adua reversed the sale. 500m usd den today 20m cant be gotten from its sale
Wow

1 Like

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Wow
today dangote has almost finished work on his own refinery. Nigeria 4 refineries have become scrap metal

2 Likes

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by Sirjamo: 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
How can you sell a dead product and expect to make maximum profit, at least, bring it back to life first so that the value will be worth the sales.

All the bellow assets were sold by the PDP at give away prices, none is working today and all the monies have been stolen.

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by Sirjamo: 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
How can you sell a dead product and expect to make maximum profit, at least, bring it back to life first so that the value will be worth the sales.

All of the bellow assets were sold by the PDP at give away prices, none is working today and all the monies have been stolen.

Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by Gabriel004: 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Make una kuku sell all of us.
Re: I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu by shachris05: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
Sirjamo:

All of the bellow assets were sold by the PDP at give away prices, none is working today and all the monies have been stolen.

How many of those companies moribound before the sale? you sale a scrap and expect it to be turned to paradise in a few years?

How many of those companies did Buhari chase out of Nigeria. I know Michelin for one.

(1) (Reply)

Sowores Victory Celebration Thread- To Shut Up The Nay Sayers / Shekarau Loses Polling Unit To PDP / Any Result From Kaduna.it Seems El-rufai Has Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.