Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off (429 Views)

Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death / Tinubu Always Took Wristwatches From Atiku’s Hands – Ngige’s Ex-commissioner / Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off by agwom(m): 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
A former commissioner in Ekiti State, Mrs Funke Owoseeni, narrowly escaped being killed by suspected assassins, on Thursday at her Ijesa Isu, in Ikole local government area of the state.

The armed men, who allegedly besieged the former commissioner’s residence with dangerous weapons, however, descended on her husband, Mr Paul Owoseeni, when they could not locate their target.

The attackers dealt with Mr. Owoseeni with machete and other dangerous weapons, chopping off five of his fingers in the process.

Mrs Owoseeni, who also served as the caretaker chairman of Ikole council and at a time, the women leader of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in the state told journalists on the telephone that the assailants stormed her house at about 8.30pm and turned off the generating set outside, thereby subjecting the house into total blackout.

Mrs Owoseeni described the attack as a politically motivated assassination attempt.

She said while some students resident with her were about restoring light to the building, the bandits swooped on them and started requesting for where she (Mrs Owoseeni) was at that time.

According to her: “When the light went off, we suspected that the generating set was still running outside and we asked those students living with us to go out and check what was happening.

“Few minutes later, we heard them saying please save us, save us and my husband who was not with torch light rushed out to see what was
happening. The impression we first heard was a case of electrocution.

“While my husband rushed out to save the situation, I tried to get my torchlight to be able to see clearly.

“Shortly, the voices changed and I started hearing thief, thief, thief but my husband was already in their midst with those children. But because I went with torchlight, I was able to see them and I had to rush back inside and hid myself somewhere.

“They brought my husband inside and started asking ‘where is your wife? We are here for her and not you’. When he didn’t tell them where I was, they started macheting him with dangerous weapons and they did that until they chopped off his fingers and they fled when they saw that he had passed out.”

Mrs Owoseeni said they immediately took her husband to the General Hospital to stabilize him before he was referred to Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH) for intensive medicare.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti division, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu, said the case has not been reported at the police headquarters in Ado Ekiti.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ex-commissioner-escapes-assassination-as-husbands-fingers-got-chopped-off.html

Re: Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off by Gandollaar(f): 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2019
This is serious. Political killings have been resuscitated with APC government.
Madam take heart o
Re: Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off by BuhariLooter(m): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
APC members are so much afraid of Buhari as a person and that's why they won't tell him the status quo.The same thing that happened to Jonathan will soon happen to Buhari because Yorubas are cunning and understand politics more than any other regions.
They are very wise in terms of taken rational decision but what Buhari has refused to understand is that Nigeria ship has already left him behind.
Re: Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off by sarrki(m): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
Gandollaar:
This is serious. Political killings have been resuscitated with APC government.
Madam take heart o

Pdp are desperate both online and on ground
Re: Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off by helinues: 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
The story get K leg
Re: Ex-commissioner Escapes Assassination, Husband’s Fingers Chopped Off by Nukilia: 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
I pray the guys get caught...Criminals everywhere sad sad

#QuickRecoveryToVictim

(1) (Reply)

So Buhari Have Being This Healthy? / This Is What Other Countries See About Nigerians / I'm Not Dead - Man Who Drank Gutter Water After Buhari’s Victory Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.