Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu (3226 Views)

Peter Obi Offered Me Money To Support Him, I Rejected It — Deji Adeyanju / IPOB (ESN): GIVE ME BIAFRA OR GIVE ME DEATH! / ESN Captures Mohammed Isa, Fulani Bandits' Leader Terrorising Benue- Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by RealityShot: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
THE leader of the
Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB,
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, yesterday,
disclosed that the Federal
Government offered him Biafra
Republic
while in Prison with only the five South East States as the
component parts but he rejected it.

According to him, he rejected it because that did not constitute the
complete Biafra, saying that he told
them that he wanted a Biafra with
Rivers and Benue States inclusive.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/fg-offered-biafra-without-rivers-benue-nnamdi-kanu/

DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

THEN Kanu Must be a very confused Idiot!!!
Rivers and Benue, are they IGBO speaking states?

this is why i will Never support Kanu & iPOB. They don't even know what they should & are fighting for...

mtcheww!!!

THERE ARE ONLY 5 IGBO STATES
and that is all Igbos need to build a better country.

Till the next sane leader arrives...
Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by oyebanji44: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
grin
Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by sarrki(m): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
The scammer mazi is back

2 Likes

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Richardonald(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mr man stop brainwashing people withbur fake news, rivers and Benue were never included in biafra, it is only 5 states, you are just looking for a way to degrade this man. you must be' ndi ofe mmanu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by uboma(m): 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
Believe Nnamdi Kanu at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by googi: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2019
Just imagine what this boy has reduced great people to.

When anybody can impose himself on a whole group of people, this is what you get.

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Glink2018(m): 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
Nnamdi kanu is a good business man...

He knows what ordinary Igbo want , and he's selling it for them... and smiling to his bank account....

Nnamdi kanu, nothing do you....

Buhari is from Sudan and Atiku is from cameroun...

Yoruba have a saying, that it's only the foolish ones that wear masquerade clothes and start flogging people, the wise one will be collecting the money ....
One his behalf...

Nnamdi kanu... keep on .... keeping on.

3 Likes

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2019
RealityShot:
THE leader of the
Republic

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/fg-offered-biafra-without-rivers-benue-nnamdi-kanu/

DIDI THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

this is why i will Never support Kanu & iPOB. They don't even know waht they should & are fighting for...

mtcheww!!!

Well it interest you to know that Rivers state are over 60% Igbo speaking people. In fact, the last 4 Governors of Rivers state have been Igbo men.

Peter Odili
Celestine Omehia
Chibuike Amaechi
Nyesome Wike

Rivers state was in the first Biafran Republic

Also, In Benue, there are over one million Igbos who were carved into Benue when they should have been in Ebonyi. This was done to make up the population of Benue. The Benue Igbos are known as the Umuezeokoha people and are found in Obi, Oju, and Okpoku local governments

But it is very important to note that Biafra not just about Igbos, but about the people of the former Eastern Region. In fact, the last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not even an Igbo man.

7 Likes

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by enemybulldozer(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
sarrki:
The scammer mazi is back
He is now a scammer because, it is now obvious to you APC goons that Kanu is not working for your god buhari grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by modath(f): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
Kanu is cunning to the end.
He's already arranging for next shot at Charming his hordes of Biafra or die zombie army from Monday. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Chipink(f): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
Fake news
Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by madmohamed(m): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
RealityShot:
THE leader of the
Republic

DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

this is why i will Never support Kanu & iPOB. They don't even know what they should & are fighting for...

mtcheww!!!

igbo Yoruba and awusa are day speaking the same language but you call them Nigerian mumu how old are you.

4 Likes

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by livelymatilda22: 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
Lol.. What a clown

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by livelymatilda22: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
enemybulldozer:
He is now a scammer because, it is now obvious to you APC goons that Kanu is not working for your god buhari grin grin grin
Why are you this pained? Wait till Sunday at least

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by enemybulldozer(m): 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Why are you this pained? Wait till Sunday at least
Pained??

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by livelymatilda22: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Pained??
Yws,very pained

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by IvarTheBoneless: 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Its OLD news but not FAKE.

He knows those foolish enough to follow him.

Rivers and Benue folks are not in this group.
Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by enemybulldozer(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Yws,very pained
You just don't know what your saying.

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Donelli: 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
RealityShot:
THE leader of the
Republic

DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

mtcheww!!!

I'm trying to understand the situation correctly..

So you're so slow in the head that an issue that has been addressed over a year ago, na now you wan begin rant your own.

Chai! cry
Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Well it interest you to know that Rivers state are over 60% Igbo speaking people. In fact, the last 4 Governors of Rivers state have been Igbo men.

Peter Odili
Celestine Omehia
Chibuike Amaechi
Nyesome Wike

Also, In Benue, there are over one million Igbos who were carved into Benue when they should have been in Ebonyi. This was done to make up the population of Benue. The Benue Igbos are known as the Umuezeokoha people and are found in Obi, Oju, and Okpoku local governments

But it is very important to note that Biafra not just about Igbos, but about the people of the former Eastern Region. In fact, the last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not even an Igbo man.

1) Ikwerre people, from their politicians to their royal fathers to their intellectuals to their sociocultural groups (especially the Ogbakor Ikwerre) have severally made it clear with no equivocation that they don't consider themselves Igbo. I have interacted with many of them in social media groups and these people are groomed from birth with the resentment of Igbos. So I've learnt to keep them at arms length. Yet people like you seem obsessed with invoking insults from groups that reject you by forceful attachment. Why? Why can't you take a hint and accept the rejection?

2) There are not 1 million Igbos in Benue. That is an exaggeration with no basis in facts.

3) The "first Biafran Republic" is long gone, never to be reconstituted. I'm not aware that your supreme leader consulted any Efik or Ibibio or Ijaw or Ikwerre or Urhobo or Itsekiri people who told him to fight on their behalf for anything.

But all this is rather meaningless as the notion that anybody cares enough about the riffraff to give him anything is surely laughable. grin Anybody that thinks such a conversation ever took place is a window-licking, drooling reetard.

2 Likes

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Printerscanner: 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
No Northerner will offer Cownu Nnamdi Biafra. If it is going to be anyone definitely not Buhari that fought civil war for Nigeria to remain one.

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

1) Ikwerre people, from their politicians to their royal fathers to their intellectuals to their sociocultural groups (especially the Ogbakor Ikwerre) have severally made it clear with no equivocation that they don't consider themselves Igbo. I have interacted with many of them in social media groups and these people are groomed from birth with the resentment of Igbos. So I've learnt to keep them at arms length. Yet people like you seem obsessed with invoking insults from groups that reject you by forceful attachment. Why? Why can't you take a hint and accept the rejection?

Ikwerres are just one of the many Igbo speaking people who populate Rivers state. Below are two videos. The first is of former Governor of Rivers state, Chibuike Amaechi, an Ikwerre man, saying that he is Igbo. I deal in facts not hearsay

The second is Ikwerre people openly identifying with Biafra

2) There are not 1 million Igbos in Benue. That is an exaggeration with no basis in facts.

So how many Benue Igbos are there and why are they carved into Benue and not next door in Ebonyi with their kin?

3) The "first Biafran Republic" is long gone, never to be reconstituted. I'm not aware that your supreme leader consulted any Efik or Ibibio or Ijaw or Ikwerre or Urhobo or Itsekiri people who told him to fight on their behalf for anything.
That is what a referendum is for.

Considering the fact that Lugard neither consulted anybody nor held a referendum when he included everybody in Nigeria in 1914, it is a huge improvement that the Biafran agitators want Biafra created by the choice of referendum

But all this is rather meaningless as the notion that anybody cares enough about the riffraff to give him anything is surely laughable. grin Anybody that thinks such a conversation ever took place is a window-licking, drooling reetard.

What matters is that everybody is entitled to the right of self determination. It is internation law and Nigeria is a signatory to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Nkk_I8eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8hpTNjAVh4&t=15s

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Arda1000(m): 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2019
RealityShot:
THE leader of the
Republic

DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

mtcheww!!!

go to OBIGBO OR OKPOSI in Rivers stand in one junction with a microphone and shout that they are not igbo and see if you will not drown in ur own pool of blood that day

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
Lies.. Benue $ not part of biafra.. This man is taiking asif such things are done like buying fish in the market.

2 Likes

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Ikwerres are just one of the many Igbo speaking people who populate Rivers state. Below are two videos. The first is of former Governor of Rivers state, Chibuike Amaechi, an Ikwerre man, saying that he is Igbo. I deal in facts not hearsay

The second is Ikwerre people openly identifying with Biafra

It doesn't matter if they are "Igbo speaking" or not. There is more to identity than language. Efik linguistically has more in common with Ibibio than my Idemili tongue has with Ikwerre. Yet, Efik and Ibibio people identify themselves as kin, but distinct. They are only Igbo if they accept the identity as Igbos. Amaechi has only made his claims in national politics where he thought it might earn him political capital. But he knows most of his kin disagree with him. I know it. You know it. My point here is please stop attracting insults to us with this obsession with Ikwerre people. It makes them feel important, and they are not that important. The most important Ikwerre sociopolitical group asserts the independence and distinctness of their identity and makes it clear they don't consider themselves Igbo. Stop attaching to them and attracting needless resentment to Igbos.

So how many Benue Igbos are there and why are they carved into Benue and not next door in Ebonyi with their kin?

There are no census figures. I know Tivs are the comfortable majority of the state. Followed by Idomas and Igedes. There is no evidence there are a million Benue Igbos. No rule states that every region must be homogeneous. It doesn't matter if they are in Benue and not Ebonyi. Austrians are ethnic Germans with their own country, but they are not part of Germany. Switzerland has a majority German population. The Alsace region of France is majority German ethnicity, but they proudly identify as French. Homogeneity won't automatically create paradise on earth.

That is what a referendum is for.

Considering the fact that Lugard neither consulted anybody nor held a referendum when he included everybody in Nigeria in 1914, it is a huge improvement that the Biafran agitators want Biafra created by the choice of referendum

What matters is that everybody is entitled to the right of self determination. It is internation law and Nigeria is a signatory to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Nkk_I8eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8hpTNjAVh4&t=15s

But none of those people asked you for a referendum. Scottish people did their referendum and didn't go around asking the people of Wales or Northern Ireland whether they wanted to join them to secede from the UK. If you're confident in your own cause and the future of the nation you wish to build, why not focus on your own emancipation. Go to any forum with Efik or Ibibio people and tell them about Biafra. They're likely to insult you. Ikwerre people would rather see Fulanis own all their oil wells before an Igbo man would own anyone. grin Why not focus on your own agitation, rather than trying to drag others into it and attracting resentment?

And no, everybody is not entitled to self-determination. That is a childish interpretation of international law. If that were true, the sovereignty of many countries will always be up for debate. How many countries did you see supporting Catalonia's call for a referendum? The only time countries might ever support secessionist agitations is when there is a bloody civil war or genocide going on. Else, nobody cares.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
But again, all this discussion is useless for the simple fact that Nnamdi Kanu is a riffraff nobody takes seriously. The notion that the Federal Government would capitulate to his demands and offer him states (as if he owns them) is utterly laughable. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

It doesn't matter if they are "Igbo speaking" or not. There is more to identity than language. Efik linguistically has more in common with Ibibio than my Idemili tongue has with Ikwerre. Yet, Efik and Ibibio people identify themselves as kin, but distinct. They are only Igbo if they accept the identity as Igbos. Amaechi has only made his claims in national politics where he thought it might earn him political capital. But he knows most of his kin disagree with him. I know it. You know it. My point here is please stop attracting insults to us with this obsession with Ikwerre people. It makes them feel important, and they are not that important. The most important Ikwerre sociopolitical group asserts the independence and distinctness of their identity and makes it clear they don't consider themselves Igbo. Stop attaching to them and attracting needless resentment to Igbos.

So when one Ikwerre man says he is not Igbo, he is asserting his independence. But when another Ikwerre man like former Governor Amaechi says he is Igbo, he is playing politics? I laugh. I even.posted the video of Ikwerre people identifying with Biafra, you have nothing to say about that one.

There are no census figures. I know Tivs are the comfortable majority of the state. Followed by Idomas and Igedes. There is no evidence there are a million Benue Igbos. No rule states that every region must be homogeneous. It doesn't matter if they are in Benue and not Ebonyi. Austrians are ethnic Germans with their own country, but they are not part of Germany. Switzerland has a majority German population. The Alsace region of France is majority German ethnicity, but they proudly identify as French. Homogeneity won't automatically create paradise on earth.

The examples above has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

But none of those people asked you for a referendum. Scottish people did their referendum and didn't go around asking the people of Wales or Northern Ireland whether they wanted to join them to secede from the UK. If you're confident in your own cause and the future of the nation you wish to build, why not focus on your own emancipation. Go to any forum with Efik or Ibibio people and tell them about Biafra. They're likely to insult you. Ikwerre people would rather see Fulanis own all their oil wells before an Igbo man would own anyone. grin Why not focus on your own agitation, rather than trying to drag others into it and attracting resentment?

And no, everybody is not entitled to self-determination. That is a childish interpretation of international law. If that were true, the sovereignty of many countries will always be up for debate. How many countries did you see supporting Catalonia's call for a referendum? The only time countries might ever support secessionist agitations is when there is a bloody civil war or genocide going on. Else, nobody cares.

When Lugard created Nigeria in 1914, nobody was consulted and no referendum held. So if those agitating for Biafra are wrong to include any other tribe in the proposed Biafra, it then means that what Lugard did in 1914 was illegal. If nobody agreed to be Nigerian, why do we have Nigeria? At least the Biafran agitators want everyone to choose where they belong via referendum. With Nigeria, nobody even had any choice. Nigeria is much worse than than the referendum the agitators want.

Everybody is entitled to agitate for self determination, it is law. The people agitating may not get self determination, but they have the right to agitate. It is not for any country to support Catalonias referendum, it is their job to support Catalonia right to agitate for a referendum. Wether Catalonia gets a referendum will be up to Spain, but that right of Catalans to agitate for independence is already covered in international law.
Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by RealityShot: 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

Peter Odili
Celestine Omehia
Chibuike Amaechi
Nyesome Wike

the Movement would have been actualized (even if in part) but for Kanu's GREED.

Ahoada published it, that they should not be included in that IPOB MAP.

Ojukwu failed in 1970 because he tried to add Rivers sTate too!
Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
gidgiddy:

So when one Ikwerre man says he is not Igbo, he is asserting his independence. But when another Ikwerre man like former Governor Amaechi says he is Igbo, he is playing politics? I laugh. I even.posted the video of Ikwerre people identifying with Biafra, you have nothing to say about that one.

It is not one Ikwerre man. Neither did I ever assert that all Ikwerres say the same thing. The fact is that social consensus among Ikwerres has seen them dissociate themselves from an Igbo identity. Many of them even invented a fake ancestry from Benin in a bid to shed any Igbo links. You would know this if you interacted with Ikwerre people. So again, please I'm sick of this attach-by-force mentality that brings insults to us. And I'm sick of making unimportant people feel important. Stop claiming people that have rejected you. It just makes you sound desperate. Rivers State is not Igbo land and Ikwerres are not Igbos. Go and argue it with them and stop associating us with this nonsense.

When Lugard created Nigeria in 1914, nobody was consulted and no referendum held. So if those agitating for Biafra are wrong to include any other tribe in the proposed Biafra, it then means that what Lugard did in 1914 was illegal. If nobody agreed to be Nigerian, why do we have Nigeria? At least the Biafran agitators want everyone to choose where they belong via referendum. With Nigeria, nobody even had any choice. Nigeria is much worse than than the referendum the agitators want.

Lugard was our colonial overlord and Nigeria's founding fathers at independence adopted Lugard's legacy. It's irrelevant to your Biafra agitation. South South or Benue people did not ask you for any referendum and the riffraff IPOB supreme leader speaking on their behalf did not consult any of them and they have never told him to represent their interests. Why are you finding it so hard to keep your agitation among Igbos? Why are you always looking for partners? Is it because the South East is small, landlocked and comparatively barren in resources and you covet the resources of other people? That shows you are not confident in your Biafran aspirations if you must attach yourself to other people for your Biafra project to work. Unfortunately for you, Nigerians are quite Igbophobic, including our Niger Delta neighbors, and I can assure you they want nothing to do with your Biafran dream.

Everybody is entitled to agitate for self determination, it is law. The people agitating may not get self determination, but they have the right to agitate. It is not for any country to support Catalonias referendum, it is their job to support Catalonia right to agitate for a referendum. Wether Catalonia gets a referendum will be up to Spain, but that right of Catalans to agitate for independence is already covered in international law.

That is different from what you asserted earlier. You might have the right to agitate for your self-determination. That is different from asserting the right to self-determination which is what you said before. The latter case is a delusional pipe dream. No country in the world, no matter how "civilized" and advanced grants the right to self-determination to any group that agitates for it. You don't have a right to self-determination. You have the right to agitate and make your case and consult with your partners in the Nigerian project who can then debate whether it is in everyone's interest to dissolve the union. That is how it works in every country.

1 Like

Re: FG Offered Me Biafra Without Rivers, Benue: Nnamdi Kanu by RealityShot: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2019
Obi1kenobi

tell them O...

it is because that Kanu is a foriegner, that is why he will call rivers people when talking of IGBOS.

Ikwerre man will burn someone for calling them igbo, if you give them the opportunity.

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Ends Free Education In Imo State / So Some People Wants Tinubu To Be President In 2023 ? I Am Shocked!! / Tinubu Mounts Pressure On Justice Salami To Exonerate Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.