Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

A Chemical Engineering Fresher That Needs Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Chemical Engineering Fresher That Needs Advice (466 Views)

Why Chemical Engineering Is Not Studied In UNN. (MUST READ) / Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use / What Is The Difference Between Industrial Chemistry & Chemical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Chemical Engineering Fresher That Needs Advice by paul100(m): 5:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
I am a chemical engineering student 100level pls i need your advices on how i can get a good gpa.I know this forum is full of intelligent students,your advice will be of great use to me.God bless you
Re: A Chemical Engineering Fresher That Needs Advice by fykes(m): 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
First& second year is pivotal... U will be studying courses u can easily make 98% in. Focus in these years and make sure u make a gpa of at least 4.3
It shouldn't be difficult for a smart guy... All u need is focus, don't get complacent and think u have four years left... The next three years if u can get a GPA of 3.0-3.5 every semester, u must make a very strong 2.1 CPGA
Re: A Chemical Engineering Fresher That Needs Advice by Donelli: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
paul100:
I am a chemical engineering student 100level pls i need your advices on how i can get a good gpa.I know this forum is full of intelligent students,your advice will be of great use to me.God bless you
Don't skip classes, don't miss assignments, don't take your quizzes for granted.

While in class, take a comfortable vantage position where you can participate in class and ALWAYS take notes (key points).

Pay attention to pointers as per area of possible exam questions, some lecturers emphasize that while few others are a bit subtle.

Very critical is, make friends with senior colleagues and find out each lecturer's style and package yourself accordingly. Those courses which lecturers repeat questions every year are literally dusted...but mind you, those kind of lecturers are quite strict with marks so you should plan that extra sauce that'll make him/her want to give you the extra marks. It's called working smart.

Most importantly, try to tutor as many of your colleagues as possible, this helps you study with an open mind because you'll be solving problems from different angles. It also helps you fine-tune your answer presentation skills, which translates to smoother experience in the exam hall. It also blesses you with positive karma... Help comes to those who help selflessly.

Finally, and even more important still is PRAYER! PRAYER!! PRAYER!!!

- against sickness during exams
- implication in the hall
- depression
- exam tension
- fear of failure
- everything not in your interest

PS: This is my opinion, even if you see someone engaging in exam malpractice in the hall, it is none of your business, you can counsel the person later but don't be a snitch.
Why?

Everyone has their race to run!

Godspeed wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Chemical Engineering Fresher That Needs Advice by InansBobo(m): 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
Make sure you do not carry over any topic taught during the week over to the next week without understanding the topic well enough

(1) (Reply)

Total International Scholarship 2019 / I Just Got 500mb Free / Best Essay Writing Services In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.