Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 PM

What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? (1195 Views)

"Escobar And Osama Bin Laden To Rule A Nation" - David Ibiyomie (Video) / Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? / Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 2:53am On Feb 23, 2019
I so wished frosbel2's thread was asking what the world would be like if the teachings of Christ, which I'm reducing to "Love your God with all your soul and all your heart and mind", and "Love your neighbours", were used to rule the world so decided to start one.

Many would shudder at the idea of what seems to go for Christian ideology ruling the world. I for one would rather not live in such a world where everyone would have to believe the same things for starts, which many have difficulty with, and anyone who refuses to would probably have to move with me to Mars! It appears to me that this error arises amongst Christians and atheists alike from the desire to look into the soul and heart and mind of others and be the determinant of whether they obey the first Jesus command of "Love your God", which in reality ought to be between oneself and one's maker, or oneself if one were unmade. But what if the more determinable and fruity command of "Love your neighbours" were the guiding principle by which we all lived?

Would Nairaland be a better place if we all had regard and respect, which is love, for one another?

1 Like

Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Nobody: 2:53am On Feb 23, 2019
Re
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by ABCthings: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
grin
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2019
Not a popular thread, is it ABC!
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Shepherd00: 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
budaatum:
Not a popular thread, is it ABC!
No, it's not. Atheists will read and run away. Even frosbel2
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2019
Shepherd00:

No, it's not. Atheists will read and run away. Even frosbel2
Even Christians seem to avoid it and run away!
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by hunter21(m): 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2019
In response to the topic itself,
The truth is that Christ teachings are already being used to rule the, Christ is the pillar of this world. The scriptures says in Isaiah 33:22 "For the LORD is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king: he will save us.

For the LORD is our judge (thats the judiciary), the Lord is our lawgiver (thats the legislature), the LORD is our king: he will save us (that's the executive). This is the model of any democracy and it is taken straight out of the Bible, there is a reason why the United States of America is called God's own country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
hunter21:
[s]In response to the topic itself,
The truth is that Christ teachings are already being used to rule the, Christ is the pillar of this world. The scriptures says in Isaiah 33:22 "For the LORD is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king: he will save us.

For the LORD is our judge (thats the judiciary), the Lord is our lawgiver (thats the legislature), the LORD is our king: he will save us (that's the executive). This is the model of any democracy and it is taken straight out of the Bible, there is a reason why the United States of America is called God's own country.
[/s]
undecided undecided undecided
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Shepherd00: 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2019
budaatum:
Well, true.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On May 29, 2021
budaatum:
I so wished frosbel2's thread was asking what the world would be like if the teachings of Christ, which I'm reducing to "Love your God with all your soul and all your heart and mind", and "Love your neighbours", were used to rule the world so decided to start one.

Many would shudder at the idea of what seems to go for Christian ideology ruling the world. I for one would rather not live in such a world where everyone would have to believe the same things for starts, which many have difficulty with, and anyone who refuses to would probably have to move with me to Mars! It appears to me that this error arises amongst Christians and atheists alike from the desire to look into the soul and heart and mind of others and be the determinant of whether they obey the first Jesus command of "Love your God", which in reality ought to be between oneself and one's maker, or oneself if one were unmade. But what if the more determinable and fruity command of "Love your neighbours" were the guiding principle by which we all lived?

Would Nairaland be a better place if we all had regard and respect, which is love, for one another?
The teachings of Jesus Christ cant be used to rule this world because they are not designed for or meant to be used in such a way, and this Jesus Christ made clear to all His followers. undecided

Jesus Christ's teachings go beyond the two greatest commandments. Picking and choosing only those teachings that appeal to you, throwing out there rest, has been attempted by many rulers throughout history and all attempts have ended up in failures. undecided
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:24am On May 29, 2021
You're not yet ready for the TRUTH, but if you think you're ready let's talk about it because that's what God's Kingdom means! Matthew 6:10 smiley

budaatum:

Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 12:20am On May 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're not yet ready for the TRUTH, but if you think you're ready let's talk about it because that's what God's Kingdom means! Matthew 6:10 smiley

So long as you are ready Max, that's a good enough of a start I should think. But let's be honest with ourselves shall we and admit that you want to talk to me and you do not really want me to talk as is usually done on here. No?
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 12:42am On May 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The teachings of Jesus Christ cant be used to rule this world because they are not designed for or meant to be used in such a way, and this Jesus Christ made clear to all His followers. undecided
The teachings of Christ I would pressume, though correct me if I am wrong, is to fulfil the Will of His Father, which unless you would correct me is, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth", which basically sounds like "rule the world" to me.

I mean, after I learn from Jesus Christ to remove the forest in my own eye and to rule myself and develop Spiritual Fruits to rule my family, would I not want to step out my door and perfectly love my neighbours so they may see the Power of God manifested so they too may want to learn to rule themselves and rule their family with Spiritual Fruits?

And if my family and your family all remove the forest in our eyes and learn from Christ to rule ourselves to develop Spiritual Fruits, would the Power of Christ in all of us not be what is abundant in our hearts and what would come out in our character and rule the community we live in?

Kobojunkie, if we all learn here on Nairaland to remove the forest in our eyes and if we all develop Fruits of the Holy Spirit in ourselves as Christ taught us, would Nairaland not be ruled by the Power of Christ that is in us?

Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ's teachings go beyond the two greatest commandments. Picking and choosing only those teachings that appeal to you, throwing out there rest, has been attempted by many rulers throughout history and all attempts have ended up in failures. undecided
Its a big book, Kobojunkie, but hopefully you'd note that not only would buda say every word but every word in other books too.

Humans shall not live by bread alone or they shall be malnourished. Matthew 4:4

Because:

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. John 21:25

And:

"If all the trees on earth were pens and the ocean ˹were ink˺, refilled by seven other oceans, the Words of Allah would not be exhausted. Surely Allah is Almighty, and Wise". Luqman 31:27

Every Word, Kobojunkie, and not the bread alone.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by LordReed(m): 5:28am On May 30, 2021
Will it include eye gouging and hand cutting parts?
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by hakeem4(m): 6:00am On May 30, 2021
Well, Christ teaching has some beautiful part.

But it would be totally immoral to use his teaching.

1) vicarious redemption is immoral
2) he who hasn’t sin should cast stone

And many other stupid preachings
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Image123(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2021
That would be done during the millennial reign. Do all you can to be there, otherwise sorry is not enough for your case.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by orunto27: 7:16am On May 30, 2021
THERE WOULD BE NO MACBAN, NO BUHARI, NO NW EMIRS, SULTAN AND NO INSECURITY IN NIGERIA.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Jesuschristus: 7:23am On May 30, 2021
U can't rule the world with a phrase, even with the big Nigeria constitutions we are still having issues
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Jokerman(m): 7:39am On May 30, 2021
The world would be a better place.

However Christ is coming to rule the world again after he destroys the Antichrist and his armies at the Armageddon war.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24am On May 30, 2021
Talking is free but agreement is scarce because humans are egoistic and pompous.
It's your thread and the topic interesting so let me hear from you, how do you think Christ's teachings could be used to rule? smiley

budaatum:

So long as you are ready Max, that's a good enough of a start I should think. But let's be honest with ourselves shall we and admit that you want to talk to me and you do not really want me to talk as is usually done on here. No?
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 8:38am On May 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Talking is free but agreement is scarce because humans are egoistic and pompous.
And yet, Max and buda have at times agreed and disagreed, so I have hope, and faith in you.

MaxInDHouse:

It's your thread and the topic interesting so let me hear from you, how do you think Christ's teachings could be used to rule? smiley

Below is a start.

budaatum:

The teachings of Christ I would pressume, though correct me if I am wrong, is to fulfil the Will of His Father, which unless you would correct me is, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth", which basically sounds like "rule the world" to me.

I mean, after I learn from Jesus Christ to remove the forest in my own eye and to rule myself and develop Spiritual Fruits to rule my family, would I not want to step out my door and perfectly love my neighbours so they may see the Power of God manifested so they too may want to learn to rule themselves and rule their family with Spiritual Fruits?

And if my family and your family all remove the forest in our eyes and learn from Christ to rule ourselves to develop Spiritual Fruits, would the Power of Christ in all of us not be what is abundant in our hearts and what would come out in our character and rule the community we live in?

Kobojunkie, if we all learn here on Nairaland to remove the forest in our eyes and if we all develop Fruits of the Holy Spirit in ourselves as Christ taught us, would Nairaland not be ruled by the Power of Christ that is in us?

1 Like

Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 8:41am On May 30, 2021
LordReed:
Will it include eye gouging and hand cutting parts?

Is that not what we already do my Lord, in just about every thread, gouge each others eyes out and cut each others hands off?
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:47am On May 30, 2021
budaatum:

And yet, Max and buda have at times agreed and disagreed, so I have hope, and faith in you.
Below is a start.
The verse you quoted says:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:28

The coloured shows that God wants humans to dominate all other creatures perhaps due to being the only intelligent creatures on the planet. Is that what you're saying now or that humans finds a solution to the problem caused by politics amongst themselves? undecided
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 8:51am On May 30, 2021
Jesuschristus:
U can't rule the world with a phrase, even with the big Nigeria constitutions we are still having issues

I feel you know that Christ's teachings are way far more than a phrase, and that the Constitution of Christ covers far more than the constitution of any country on earth. But do correct me please if I am wrong about my presumption about you.

A constitution could be perfect but fail through bad implementation if it is not written on the hearts and souls of those living under it. An example is a perfect phrase in a particular constitution that says "thou shalt not kill". You will blame me I think, I disobeyed that perfect phrase in the constitution and killed someone, and not the constition for my issue of killing, I would hope.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 8:56am On May 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The verse you quoted says:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:28

The coloured shows that God wants humans to dominate all other creatures perhaps due to being the only intelligent creatures on the planet. Is that what you're saying now or that humans finds a solution to the problem caused by politics amongst themselves? undecided

"Politics" do not cause problems amongst humans, Max. Politics is a way in which we resolve our differences which we used to resolve through wars and by killing each other in the past.

And no, God never said "dominate all other creatures", but rule over everything just as one must rule over oneself so one does that which is right and the proper thing to always do.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:58am On May 30, 2021
So how do we stop the wars and killings in the future? smiley

budaatum:

"Politics" do not cause problems amongst humans, Max. Politics is a way in which we resolve our differences which we used to resolve through wars and by killing each other in the past.

And no, God never said "dominate all other creatures", but rule over everything just as one must rule over oneself so one does that which is right and the proper thing to always do.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Myer(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2021
hunter21:
In response to the topic itself,

Yet Christians (even in US) fume when asked to love homosexuals and transgenders? Where is the love of neighbour there?
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by LordReed(m): 9:06am On May 30, 2021
budaatum:

Is that not what we already do my Lord, in just about every thread, gouge each others eyes out and cut each others hands off?

Thankfully no or else I won't have been able to see or respond to your post. LoL.

Meanwhile Jesus said to gouge out your eye if it causes you to sin and cut off limbs for same reason, to clarify this will be part of living in this Christ teaching ruled world, yes?
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by Myer(m): 9:06am On May 30, 2021
budaatum:

As Utopian as this is, have you considered the downside?

So what happens when you practise Love your neigbour as yourself and turn the other cheek when slapped cos you're expected to forgive and never carry weapons. What happens when an Islamic nation or China brings war your way? Attacking you on all sides?

I do believe England in time past tried to live my the Law of Love but eventually ended up producing the Crusaders when they realized some wars could not be won by simply preaching love.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 9:30am On May 30, 2021
Myer:

As Utopian as this is, have you considered the downside?

So what happens when you practise Love your neigbour as yourself and turn the other cheek when slapped cos you're expected to forgive and never carry weapons. What happens when an Islamic nation or China brings war your way? Attacking you on all sides?
First, Jesus taught [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18%3A+21-22&version=KJV]forgive seventy times seven[/url], but before all that is:

15 Moreover if China or an Islamic Nation shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. (In the modern world, we call their ambassador).

16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more to the international bodies, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. (We report them to the United Nations)

17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. (We tell the entire world).

18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I feel certain that by the time we get to this point "an Islamic nation or China" will decide to not bring you war because the entire world might rise up against them and defeat them in war. Germany is a nation I would bring up as an example of a nation that brought war as you suggest, and we all know what happened when they did.

Myer:
I do believe England in time past tried to live my the Law of Love but eventually ended up producing the Crusaders when they realized some wars could not be won by simply preaching love.
Then I will put it to you that you believe wrong, because you should very well know yourself that the Crusades and war winning is not about the Law of Love.

Basically, you and I can not be at war if we love one another. Its a little word 'love', but you'll find it has very deep and profound meanings and implications.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 9:39am On May 30, 2021
LordReed:

Thankfully no or else I won't have been able to see or respond to your post. LoL.

Meanwhile Jesus said to gouge out your eye if it causes you to sin and cut off limbs for same reason, to clarify this will be part of living in this Christ teaching ruled world, yes?

Jesus also taught that you must forgive your offending eye and limbs seventy times seven times my Lord, by which time I should expect even the dumbest to have learnt to control their eyes and their hands so it stops offending them, don't you think? After all, if you allow yourself to continue to be offended by your very own eyes and you own hands, it will be you your very own self who would be suffering from the consequences, or is it not?

I'm sure even the dumbest would at some point just learn to tame their eyes and hands in such a circumstance given 7 time 70 times to experience the offence against themself or they just might be better off gouging their eye out and cutting their limb off depending on how bad they are offending themself with them. The choice is entirely their's, I'd think.
Re: What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? by budaatum: 9:50am On May 30, 2021
Myer:

Yet Christians (even in US) fume when asked to love homosexuals and transgenders? Where is the love of neighbour there?
Some Christians fume (cast stones) Myer, please, just as some Christians commit murder, and steal, and are adulterous, but are you blaming the religion for my imperfection and not my very self for not following the teachings of the religion?

Why would I be fuming on being asked to do that which I should have already learnt from Christ who did not fume at sinners but even sat down and ate with those others considered to be sinners?

Please read below about sinners who cast stones at other sinners.

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: More Prominent People Will Die – Primate Ayodele Tells Nigeria / 5 Popular Nigerian Pastors Without University Education. / How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.