Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! (3050 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / Buhari Is Not Shy Around Women, Presidency Says / Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by wales(m): 5:50am On Aug 27, 2010
Former Social Democratic Party, (SDP) presidential aspirant, Dr Sarah Nnadzwa Jubril yesterday, joined General Ibrahim Babangida and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, in the rank of aspirants in the race for the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Addressing newsmen in Abuja, she attributed the crises bedeviling the country to the absence of character in most of the people occupying public offices in the country and pledged to address the “quality of being of the citizens and underdevelopment of the system in the family, the communities, professions, economy, politics/governance, infrastructure and diplomacy.”

While adding her voice in support of the zoning arrangement in the PDP, which she believed was contrived for political convenience, she, however, advocated that the exalted seat should be zoned to women in 2011.

“I am standing as a neutralizer candidate, to neutralize the argument of north or south. I am coming as a comforter to those who want pragmatic change. You have relegated women to the background in this country. At home, it is the woman that nurtures the character of the child. If we want to restore our cherished values, we must concede political office to women who are naturally born to teach and mould character.

Why do we have so much criminality in Nigeria? You have relegated the teachers of human conscience to the background and that’s why you are having problems. Today, we have lost our moral integrity, because nobody is asking, who gets what and how.” The presidential aspirant declared that she would provide “rescuer-leadership” to refocus and raise the country “from delayed development to steady wealth and rapid development”.

Asked if she would pull out of the PDP if she loses the primaries, the presidential hopeful said she would remain steadfast in the party irrespective of the outcome of the party presidential primaries. “Yes, I am in the race for the fifth time. But I stand as a motivator. This is a battle between good or evil, mediocrity or excellence, of criminality or discipline. This is an issue of consistency and endurance.”

This is the fifth time Dr. Jubril is in the race for the presidency. She was an aspirant under the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP) in 1993 which was won by late Chief Moshood Olawale Kashimawo Abiola and was again an aspirant in 1998 under the banner of the PDP which was won by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
In 2003, Dr. Jibril contested for presidency on the platform of the Progressive Action Congress (PAC) before retracing her step to the PDP where she contested for the party presidential ticket and got four votes at the convention which was won by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/27/national-27-08-2010-010.htm

Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Ayowumie(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2010
The issue of politics goes beyond nurturing and providing rescuer-leadership as she calls her terms. In as much as I don't doubt her capacity to lead the nation, I believe that leadership positions are not for jokers. She presented herself to me as a joker. If not, she has been in the race since her time in SDP in 1993, for God's Holy Name, why has she been in the unnoticeable background since all these years. She only appears on the national scene when elections are approaching. OH MY GOD!!! WHAT A JOKER!!

Anyway, for her, it is never too late as far as "PDP politics" is concerned. I only pray that the self-acclaimed Africa's largest party meet its match in the coming elections.

As for Sarah Jibril, let her come out with implementable promising, corrupt-politician killing manifesto/agenda for the nation. It is only through that I think people can take her serious.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by kobikwelu(m): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2010
^^^^

i cant believe that u are actually taking her serious,

she is just an opportunist trying to look for a serious contender to buy her over, so that she can be involved,

looking at her declaration occasion, i cant but pity the hungry looking people that am sure were coerced to fill those chairs at the occasion

well

its her right
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by IbroYaya: 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2010
I only like what she said. If there should be zoning, it should be zoned to women Period. IBB, Atiku etchshould just go and rest. Zoning can never work for now.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by illusion2: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2010
She's deceiving herself and she knows it. . . .
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Blazing99: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2010
This old woman never tire'
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2010
Now this is becoming fun
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2010
Madam is only reminding the men to consider for ministerial appointment and some ghana must go to keep her mouth shut.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Madam is only reminding the men to consider for ministerial appointment and some ghana must go to keep her mouth shut.

Lol
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by real4jesus: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2010
grin grin grin the lady needs recognition, at least it can earn her a ministerial or commissioner's position .

i mean if you shoot very high if it misses to touch the sky it will fall on a tall building grin grin
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by slap1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2010
If this woman were my auntie I'd sue Nairaland for treating her gaffe with undeserved seriousness. I'd sue for N500 million.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by oladayo042: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2010
People should talk some senses into this woman.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Skidoc(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2010
I don't know who is more of a dreamer. This Woman or Dele Momodu. undecided undecided
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by cjfavour(m): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2010
sarah jibril obasanjo sheeeeeeeeee? is she notyet old? na waaaaaoooooooooooooo
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by funkybaby(f): 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2010
this woman again grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by VPersie: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2010
How much does INEC pay peeps to contest an election? That may tell us why she is contesting.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2010
This womand has contested twice previously. Why does she bother herself when she knows she can't win.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Redman44(m): 12:31am On Aug 28, 2010
Sarah Jubril has a never say die spirit cheesy cheesy She reminds me of Abraham Lincoln. She continues to contest for the presidency and keeps losing, but she never gives up. She is likely not to become Nigeria's president but I like her self-belief. Lets see what happens this time grin grin grin

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by lekanbar(m): 1:14am On Aug 28, 2010
Dream on lady, dream on, maybe one day it'll come true, i think it's not soon though, just sayin shocked

http://lekanbaruwa.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by yeswecan(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2010
She has my vote.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2010
This will be interesting.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Ecash1: 3:29am On Aug 30, 2010
Be it Ghana must go or ministerial position,He will fails to try will miss it all.
I commend her courage,She can be.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 30, 2010
Madam jubril stop.Can't u see u are chasing shadows.
Re: 2011: Sarah Jibril Declares For Presidency …says It Should Be Zoned To Women ! by bignaija(m): 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
yes it is time for WOMAN TO RULE lol

(1) (Reply)

Wikileak: Former Nsa Mukhtar-a Closet Islamic Extremist / Which Road Transport Company Is The Best In Nigeria? / Please Leave My Husband Alone!! Mrs Fayemi Tells Mrs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.