Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos (58908 Views)

Fulani Militias Kill 12 Persons In An Attack On Benue Community (graphic Photos) / See What Soldiers Did To Ambulance Carrying Casualties From The Lekki Toll Gate / See What Soldiers Did To The IPOB Boys They Captured VIDEO PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Gossiplover: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2019
Read as shared by Facebook user, David-Jack Aribima.

I neither snatched a ballot box nor threatened the life of any citizen. I had only stood, shocked by what these power thirsty men have turned our land into—this theatre of war. Before my eyes three bodies, soaked in blood, were lugged to the alleyway were I stood. The guns rattled close by, and I fled with the many other people who ran for their lives.

A gang of boys camouflaged in military outfits, heavily guarded by armoured cars and men of the Nigerian military, trooped down the road, shooting directly into the town and at anyone who was suspected to be a member of the PDP.

I sprawled on the ground in a makeshift bar I had found at the waterside where I had run to when the shooting became very intense. The armies followed, shooting directly at citizens who had come out expecting to see an election, but now face their death sentence. Peering through spaces between ground and wooden walls, I saw people, many people bleeding from their necks and backs and bellies and jumping into the river.

I was there, lying on that temporal space between life and death, still trying to post on a news on my Facebook wall when a trudge drew closer, matched the wooden wall down and cracked a gun to my head.

At this point, I knew it had finally happened. We had earlier heard the news of their plan to incarcerate members of the PDP before the elections. Although they had no been very successful at this plan, early this morning, the Secretary to the Akuku-Toru Local Government Council was pick up from his house under very severe torture.

I quickly taped the SHARE function on my phone screen to post what I had written in wait of what might happen.

"I have been arrested by men of the Nigerian military. I don't know what will happen next," it read.

Why some people found it difficult to believe this news and chose to make jest of it on my wall, is what I still struggle to understand. Does the news sound like a scam or an attempt for one to score some cheap popularity? I do not think so. I think of it rather as a measure taken for my security.

Five military officers arrested me. They had riffles, daggers and another young man who begged mercilessly for his life. The boy had also been apprehended from a room where he was hiding for his life.

"I from this compound o," he begged. "Na as them they shoot for our house, na'im make I run come hide for here."

I brought out my voters card quickly to identify myself as did also the man. But it was only a waste of time as the army officers snatched our PVCs without any effort for identification.

We were moved to a compound belonging to an APC stalwart. Here, we were to be identified by APC members for what I knew would be an implication.

"Ehem! See am there," a young raised an accusation on our entrance into the yard. He was obviously pointing at me. " Him follow. Na them be the boys."

What follow were strokes of koboko. Slaps. And a teargassing of my eyes until I heard a voice from afar.

"No no no, it said."

" Leave this one..."

"I know him..."

"He's not one of them."

I ran as fast as the soldiers booted my back and buttocks.

I did not bother to say anything to the men who ordered for my beating or the man who saved my life this evening.

But I recognized the voice that said, "Leave this one." It was of a man who comes from this place and knows me to be of this land. It was the voice of the land.

The land does not consume its own.

We will overcome!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by koboko69: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Ogaemmy: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
cryLord God, may the evil doers never go unpunished.
For those who missed out
Watch highlight of the election below:
See the moment Celebrities and others casted their votes in the 2019 general election, and all the ballot snatching and fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MSg9FBfCmk

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by GentleMoney: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
shocked
Sad!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Rb53: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
H
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Chimezie198(m): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Iruobean(m): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by hisexcellency34: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
Amaechi and Wike should be sent to International Criminal Court (ICC).

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by kollinz1234(m): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
Amaechi is sacrificing his own ppl for a northerner who when he wins the elections will back stab him and throw him to the dirt's. All these he is doing because he believes that he will one day rule the country as its president or at least collect a huge sum from Tinubu to drop his bid. He will pay

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by tgmservice: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
Me die because i the what to vote

Tufiakwa

8 Likes

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by pstnicodemus(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
We once had a country, but i think now we've lost it

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
Oh rivers!

May the blood of these people be upon Amaechi and Wike!

God will punish them both and their generations for what they have turned Rivers into. angry angry angry

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by joseo: 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
River State and killing is like 5 and 6

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by helinues: 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ok lawd
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by obembet(f): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
Thank God there is no APC governorship candidate in rivers. So next week will go well

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by 4ckTOTO: 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
Are these people children. Please may unable stop this na

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by drey076(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
It is well

But wike and Jonathan did almost the same to APC supporters in 2015.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by princeade86(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
in a sane country, with sane mind, both buhari and atiku will never be president.

77 Likes

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by nelronaldo(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
2015 has been our best election so far! That was really a peaceful, free and fair election.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by gurunlocker: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
They are following the order of their father from above, killing innocent people and tagged them as ballot box snatchers.

Yet, Boko Haram are busy bombing earlier today.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by whytediamond(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
It's always darkest before dawn. God no dey sleep.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by highdon(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
Tomorrow ATIKU and BUHARI will know how hard it is to check jamb result

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by iamprofralph: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
Exercising your right now means death in some place in Nigeria, can't we look for a better means to cast our votes with going out

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Achorise: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
I
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Guyman02: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
We don't need soldiers on elections duties, enough of the nonsense in the South. They have caused more than enough damage in one day just because they legally hold a riffle except if we allow everyone to own a gun, they shoot your relation you take immediate revenge like happened to the OPC guy who shot 2 people and burnt ballot papers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by mitchelljnr(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
All of you putting this smiling emoji I wonder what your aim is in life

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
Reading...

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Mrcommerceww(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
It will never be well with the Wicked

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policemen Who Took Photos With Nnamdi Kanu To Be Punished ‎– IGP Idris / Yusuf Buhari & Zahra Ado Start Pre-Wedding Activities With Polo Tournament / Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.