Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (593474 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
ollyewa:
. I tried the first option though, the letter wasn’t there , but will try the second option , I pray they reply me before the day ...

Wen is ur Interview date??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Deustchemann:

And our newest addition
EPL- English Proficiency Letter grin

Mann, the section of the form where they asked "can the programme you're applying to be studied in your home country " ....Please, how did you go about it? And also can the form printed in black and white considering the fact, I intend going to the embassy to certify my documents.

Thank you for your anticipated timely response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kenechill: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
spicyuzo:
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. Everyone takes their docs to the embassy for validation, how about Notaries? Is there something unique about getting it done at the embassy? I live in Turkey and there are Notaries around, the embassy in far from my city so I was wondering if my docs will be rejected for using a notary.

Also, I want to apply for an Msc (2nd) in Business Analytics or Data Science. I'm currently on the brink of completing my thesis and I have my transcripts from my current Msc, will I still need to submit my Msc degree(note I don't have it yet), or should I just apply with my BSc as my latest degree (creating a huge gap between 2013 and now).

Finally, I get the message ( "For this study request, the university has not yet approved the application phase. Therefore you can not create an application yet"wink
When I try to create an application, I think it's cos the schools are yet to commence application cos I checked their website, I was just wondering should I forward my docs to uniassist so they can start processing while I wait for the application to start on the 15th?

I don't know if anyone replied you but let me say the ones I know to the best of my knowledge.

1. Most schools accept notary public certification. Only few schools insist on embassy certification like FAU and Jmu Wurzburg.
So your notarized copy would fly 90% of the time. Please go ahead.

2. Yes some schools accept transcript before completion. Just check the requirements and possibly send them an email to confirm. The distance between ur Bsc and now doesn't matter In most cases except it's for daad scholarship.

3. Uniassist usually makes the school or course you're applying for available a week before application period starts or the day it starts. So kindly Wait or check constantly.

Good luck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lavicollins(m): 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hello gurus, I studied B. A. Religious Studies from OAU(lower division) and realised that i need to study a related course at masters level (read on this tread). I don't want to further my studies in religious studies anymore. Although, the plan is to enter Germany for greener pasture and study a promising course as well.
My Questions are: in other to meet up with winter semester
1. Is it advisable to start afresh with a bachelor's degree from another field?
2. What Tuition free universities offers courses in Business Administration/Management/Government related courses/
3. If I can still Masters from another field with my degree aside from Religion field, kindly suggest course(s) and universities i can apply to.
Abeg body dey hot, i wan comot for Naija Before Dem admission close. D
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Opinionator: 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=oli19937 post=77305576][/quote]

Wow! Did you write to the Ausländerbehörde (Alien office) of your intended city?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndaife: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
Please Guys, what does school mean by asking someone to submit a Research Concept Note as one of the documents required for admission??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndaife: 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
lavicollins:
Hello gurus, I studied B. A. Religious Studies from OAU(lower division) and realised that i need to study a related course at masters level (read on this tread). I don't want to further my studies in religious studies anymore. Although, the plan is to enter Germany for greener pasture and study a promising course as well.
My Questions are: in other to meet up with winter semester
1. Is it advisable to start afresh with a bachelor's degree from another field?
2. What Tuition free universities offers courses in Business Administration/Management/Government related courses/
3. If I can still Masters from another field with my degree aside from Religion field, kindly suggest course(s) and universities i can apply to.
Abeg body dey hot, i wan comot for Naija Before Dem admission close. D

I suggest you go for another Bachelor's degree
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ndaife:
Please Guys, what does school mean by asking someone to submit a Research Concept Note as one of the documents required for admission??

I think is a note about areas of interest you would like to carry out your Masters thesis on.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2019
armpit:
Please, anyone in HTW BERLIN should please advice for someone who already completed a Bsc course in business administration in Nigeria but wants to begin a fresh Bsc in International Business; would a letter of proficiency in English from his Nigerian university be accepted by HTW BERLIN?
send the school an email detailing your first degree institution stating categorically that English was the medium/language of exchange.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
spicyuzo:

Hey Bro, I'm sorry I don't have the the answers to your questions as I am an applicant like you too, but I just wanted to identify with you. I'm also applying to the same program.
I hope someone clarifies you on your concerns soon. Cheers.

Nice to meet you, bro. We will definitely connect on whatsapp, but you mind telling me about your background? Your course of study and present work experience. It will help give me some perspective.

Las las, we go make am
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by armpit: 9:17pm On Apr 07, 2019
bl33d:
send the school an email detailing your first degree institution stating categorically that English was the medium/language of exchange.
i actually did but the response I got was a link to where I could find language requirement for the school; which was not a direct answer to a direct answer I asked them.

BTW, please do you have any idea of schools whose application process for Bsc English taught business related courses is currently on or yet to begin; I already exhausted my daad.de suggestions.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sss2: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
Marshalynk:
Thanks for your response, does German requirements include English taught course? and please do you think it's wise to apply for schools without uni assist than those with? Just trying to run away from uni assist charges.. Please could you suggest some schools for me..thanks

I have not seen any school with full English taught in Architecture.
German language does not always apply to English taught courses.
There is nothing wrong applying to schools without uni assist.
Lastly, still in search for schools too. If you see any related courses you can halla me.

Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Waleebony: 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
oli19937:

Good evening bro..Any news from the embassy yet?
nothing yet bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by spicyuzo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2019
Deustchemann:

@ first bolded part, sometimes, some schools are specific on the type of certification they want. It's advisable to know what your school wants. But then, embassy certification seems to be the most popular cos it's free (at least for 5 sets) for those who have proximity to the embassy. High court certification is okay, same as public notaries. But the bottom line is that you should know what your school wants and do it so that your application won't be rejected.

@ second bolded part, though you didn't state the courses you studied for your BSc and current MSc, I think you can add details of the MSc you just completed. It can boost your chances, if they are related. During visa interview, you should be ready to explain to the VO why you want another MSc instead of a PhD.

@third bolded part, you can't create an application on Uni-assist outside the Application window of the school. So, just chill for the start of Applications. If it's 15th, I assure you it will be opened on that same date. You can spend the mean time getting your documents certified.

Hope you're clear now?
Thanks alot for your answer. I'll do as you suggested. My BSc is in Information Management, Msc in Business Information Management. Now I want to get another Msc in Data Analytics or Business Intelligence (it's more technical and I'm specializing in Data Science).
I will add the Msc to my application as I think it will strengthen the application. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by spicyuzo(m): 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
Kenechill:

I don't know if anyone replied you but let me say the ones I know to the best of my knowledge.

1. Most schools accept notary public certification. Only few schools insist on embassy certification like FAU and Jmu Wurzburg.
So your notarized copy would fly 90% of the time. Please go ahead.

2. Yes some schools accept transcript before completion. Just check the requirements and possibly send them an email to confirm. The distance between ur Bsc and now doesn't matter In most cases except it's for daad scholarship.

3. Uniassist usually makes the school or course you're applying for available a week before application period starts or the day it starts. So kindly Wait or check constantly.

Good luck
Much thanks for your response, I'll use the notary like you've pointed out. Also since my Msc is related to the Bsc I'll attach the transcripts...i believe it will strengthen my application as the Cgpa is also higher than my BSc Cgpa. Thanks again
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
Magma012:
When did you apply?

Oh Gosh. I just just discovered that I have to send some documents offline to support my online application. My application form was written in German and I didnt really understand it at all.
I thought everything is normal until I translated the writing and found out that I need to certify and post some documents in addition to my online application.
And the deadline was 31st March
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by oli19937: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Waleebony:
nothing yet bro
Have you visited the embassy or at least contact the alien office of the city you are going to?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Shengfu: 10:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hello Gurus. Thank you guys for all you do here. I have been a silent reader here for about 2 years now and I can say I'm finally ready to give Deutschland a go. I am a recent graduate that is due to go for Nysc by june/July this year but I also intend to process the application, I plan on leaving if the opportunity presents itself and everything falls thru. My question is will the absence of nysc certificate among my certs cause any trouble. Is the nysc certificate compulsory at the embassy for MSc applications. Please respond. Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndaife: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

I think is a note about areas of interest you would like to carry out your Masters thesis on.

Alright, Thanks Bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
Shengfu:
Hello Gurus. Thank you guys for all you do here. I have been a silent reader here for about 2 years now and I can say I'm finally ready to give Deutschland a go. I am a recent graduate that is due to go for Nysc by june/July this year but I also intend to process the application, I plan on leaving if the opportunity presents itself and everything falls thru. My question is will the absence of nysc certificate among my certs cause any trouble. Is the nysc certificate compulsory at the embassy for MSc applications. Please respond. Thank you.

NYSC certificate is not needed for your MSc in Germany but NYSC certificate or exemption letter is needed to get government work in Nigeria.
So if you intend to get government job in Nigeria, then finish your NYSC first but if you have no plan of working in Nigeria, aplly for your MSc and leave

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
You don't need nysc doe German movement
Shengfu:

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Emahnie(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
So I've heard o, though I don't plan to apply to that school alone, do you have any ideas on other schools with masters in Immunology.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
Shengfu:
No it won't, I will advice u to do it though, get it out your bucket list once and for all.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Conqueror89: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
ajeleseujn:

Non
Thanks man
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by alaafyn(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
Guys I need advice : I have an issue with name and dob on my waec certificate, it's currently being rectified (7 months now) by WAEC and the result is not out yet. Will the dob reflect on waec online? And do MSc interview really needs waec card? Thanks in advance.
I'm also open to your kind advice on how to rectify those issues online. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Shengfu: 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2019
Thank you very much

Goztino:

NYSC certificate is not needed for your MSc in Germany but NYSC certificate or exemption letter is needed to get government work in Nigeria.
So if you intend to get government job in Nigeria, then finish your NYSC first but if you have no plan of working in Nigeria, aplly for your MSc and leave
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Shengfu: 11:56pm On Apr 07, 2019
Thanks boss I appreciate your take.
clintonsparkz:
No it won't, I will advice u to do it though, get it out your bucket list once and for all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MOTOPARK: 12:07am On Apr 08, 2019
Good morning famz
Please I will be heading to Kiel,does anyone have accommodation or know someone that have and want to share.please its urgent.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by adeyishola: 12:27am On Apr 08, 2019
adeyishola:
Hello everyone, please I need your advice.
I am trying to apply for a course in Germany, I have my WAEC which is without Commerce and Account and I also have HND in urban and regional planning. Please I need your advice on the best course of study for admission.
Looking forward to your responses.

Anyone please embarassed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kaywise726: 3:46am On Apr 08, 2019
Hello here, I'm interested in studying in Germany, I'm in my first year in a university in China studying electrical engineering and automotion bsc, I would be in 200l in September, but why I prefer Germany is because students can work, in China here is illegal for students to work and no after study work here, once you graduate you are to go to home country or continue to master.
Now, I'm thinking of moving to Germany September, same course electrical engineering, i saw one university with the course, University of Duisburg-Essen, so how do I go about the application process, and documents I need, things I need to know,
Anyone can recommend another go school too with easy processing
Thanks in advance
Cc: justwise
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 7:18am On Apr 08, 2019
armpit:
i actually did but the response I got was a link to where I could find language requirement for the school; which was not a direct answer to a direct answer I asked them.

BTW, please do you have any idea of schools whose application process for Bsc English taught business related courses is currently on or yet to begin; I already exhausted my daad.de suggestions.
oh I see, Trier did same with me some weeks back. About your last question I don't really know. But I would use Google if I were you..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 7:37am On Apr 08, 2019
Kaywise726:
Hello here, I'm interested in studying in Germany, I'm in my first year in a university in China studying electrical engineering and automotion bsc, I would be in 200l in September, but why I prefer Germany is because students can work, in China here is illegal for students to work and no after study work here, once you graduate you are to go to home country or continue to master.
Now, I'm thinking of moving to Germany September, same course electrical engineering, i saw one university with the course, University of Duisburg-Essen, so how do I go about the application process, and documents I need, things I need to know,
Anyone can recommend another go school too with easy processing
Thanks in advance
Cc: justwise
You would have to apply to a studienkollege, that’s a 1 year training before you can begin, your 100 level transcript would be translated to English. I’m guessing you don’t know german? It’s a German taught course under their ISE program (Internationa students in engineering) they would admit you but you’d have to learn german till b2 level before you can fully enroll in your studies. I don’t really know much about the undergraduate programs but here’s the website where you can do your research. Just have all your documents, eg CV, O level, Tofel or IELTS , motivation letter, translated 100 level certificates. You might have to get ASP certificate since you are coming from China but I doubt it would apply to you since you are a Nigerian and you only went there to school. Here is their website you’d see all the information. Good luck
http://uni-due(dot)de replace (dot) with “.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.