Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:27 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (583475 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:
yes oh, it’s national so where you do it doesn’t matter

For the place of "Registration " and "Place of issue" ,did you use your exact place of birth?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nuella45: 8:34am On Apr 13, 2019
AbahJosiah:

shocked shocked 8 weeks!! Wow that is damn too long!

I hope I have chances of getting this visa.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by oli19937: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2019
Nuella45:

I hope I have chances of getting this visa.
You do..just wait for it since you have contacted allien office and they said they have sent it to the embassy.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2019
stephoye:

Please explain how u did it

After you've made all your applications. Go to "Pay" on the Uni-assist page. You'd see three modes of payment.

3D Secure Credit Card Transfer

Sofortuberweisung

Bank Transfer

Tick the "Pay" box

Then what you should click afterwards is the "3D Secure Credit Card Transfer"

Tick Agree on the terms and conditions bla bla bla

Then it brings you to the Payment gateway page.

Fill in the required fields. Change the country to NIGERIA. Don't change that "CREDIT CARD" , just leave it that way. Then choose which card you use, either Visa or MasterCard. Please note that your VERVE card won't work on the platform.

After filling the fields, click on "PAY NOW"

It could pay immediately or bring you to your bank's page to put in an OTP to authorize the transaction. After that's done, it will redirect to the Uni-assist page to acknowledge payment.

It's better do these payments in the midnight to avoid network wahala and money being deducted without the transaction completed.

Carpe diem

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

For the place of "Registration " and "Place of issue" ,did you use your exact place of birth?
For place of Registration: I don’t really know where this one is (The guy in charge filled this one for me sha)

Place of issue: city where the place of registration is located

Place of birth: yes, I used my exact place of birth and it’s entirely different from the place of issue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Please for registration centre and place of issue did it read : Surulere or it read your place of birth "Ogun"?

Since you're above 18, they are not going to give you a BIRTH CERTIFICATE. What you're getting is an ATTESTATION OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

In the details given by you to them, it will contain your place of birth, mother's name, father's name and your hometown.

There's no "place of issue".

I attached mine so you'd see what it looks like. I blurred the sensitive parts however.

Carpe Diem

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:

For place of Registration: I don’t really know where this one is (The guy in charge filled this one for me sha)

Place of birth: yes, I used my exact place of birth and it’s entirely different from the place of issue

Thanks I got it all now.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:11am On Apr 13, 2019
dukeokafor:

Since you're above 18, they are not going to give you a BIRTH CERTIFICATE. What you're getting is an ATTESTATION OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

In the details given by you to them, it will contain your place of birth, mother's name, father's name and your hometown.

There's no "place of issue".

I attached mine so you'd see what it looks like. I blurred the sensitive parts however.

Carpe Diem

Thanks alot bro.... But according to the embassy, if you are born after 1992 ,what one needs is the NPC certificate, I was born 1994.Why the rule about this above 18years again embarassed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:

But wait, is it Attestation certificate they gave you or NPC certificate. Sorry for my continued questions, just want to be on the safest side.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Thanks alot bro.... But according to the embassy, if you are born after 1992 ,what one needs is the NPC certificate, I was born 1994.Why the rule about this above 18years again embarassed

The ATTESTATION OF BIRTH can still stand in place for what you need. According to them, that's their rule, if you have crossed 18 years old, no birth certificate for you, just attestation. It's almost the same thing, it's just the terminology. Nothing spoil. Put on a smile smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 9:19am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

But wait, is it Attestation certificate they gave you or NPC certificate. Sorry for my continued questions, just want to be on the safest side.
I got NPC certificate and I’m above 18. I guess it all depends on the office you go to and the people in charge there. This is Nigeria grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:

I got NPC certificate and I’m above 18. I guess it all depends on the office you go to and the people in charge there. This is Nigeria grin

Yes, I have a friend whom just got hers too.... They backed the date under your place of issue right?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 9:22am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:

shocked shocked shocked

Which of the offices?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2019
dukeokafor:

The ATTESTATION OF BIRTH can still stand in place for what you need. According to them, that's their rule, if you have crossed 18 years old, no birth certificate for you, just attestation. It's almost the same thing, it's just the terminology. Nothing spoil. Put on a smile smiley

Thanks bro. God bless!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Yes, I have a friend whom just got hers too.... They backed the date under your place of issue right?
Yes bro, they did
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2019
dukeokafor:

shocked shocked shocked

Which of the offices?

Lol. Bojida, Ibadan
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:

Lol. Bojida, Ibadan

Lucky you! Lagos is just cry cry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:29am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:

Yes bro, they did

It carries NPC watermarked logo in the background right? .....(this is my last question grin)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ColdNight(m): 9:32am On Apr 13, 2019
Opinionator:
I started this journey last year but I wasn't serious enough with it so I missed the winter window. It wasn't funny then because summer seemed so far away but I decided to enroll in a German Language Institute in my city, Benin.

Fast forward to summer... I got my admitted into the MSc Biological Resources program, Hochschule Rhine-Waal on the 10th of January. I had applied via Uniassist. I studied Biochemistry. I was able to book interview for the 8th of March by past some minutes past 12am of 11th January. Soon after, University of Kassel admitted me into their MSc Nanoscience program but with an earlier deadline and provision to defer to winter (which I eventually did just in case I decide to change from Rhine-Waal).

Two weeks after that, I got a mail rescheduling my appointment for the 18th of March. I was bewildered because I never cancelled nor did I try booking again. After writing to them, all I was told was "The Consulate will be closed on the 8th of March". At this point, I started sweating internally. I wrote to them to rebook me several times but to no avail. Meanwhile, Rhine-Waal doesn't grant enrolment extension and Kassel couldn't extend past April 11th.

On the 8th of February, a friend woke me up for Hallelujah Challenge by 12:23am. Something in my spirit made me check the appointment booking system despite it being quite late (as I expected the dates to have been taken up by then). Lo and and behold, I saw March 4th and 12th. I became confused about cancelling the 18th to book the 4th because I didn't know how long it would take their database to refresh and free up my passport number so I decided to risk using my old passport number. Successfully booked though it didn't feel like mine because I didn't know how to explain to Oga Paulinus.

I stayed awake for many nights after that but found only April dates. I gave up after a while and with advice from a couple of very helpful folk here, I cancelled the 18th and gathered confidence to show up at the embassy. I was the first student that day. Went with my current and expired passports. Oga Paulinus didn't ask me anything about the passport number. I was ushered to very nice dark-skinned lady in Room 3. That day happened to be her birthday (I listened to their conversations in Deutsch). The interview went very well. No interuption, no unusual question, no pressure. I funded before the interview. Let me quickly add that I was able to book that same March 4th for my mum to do her Schengen visa interview though hers wqs after mine. She got the same VO and got her Visum a week after.

Four weeks after my interview, no word from them. I wrote to my Ausländerbehörde and they confirmed they had concluded my matter over there. Even while writing my Goethe Zertifikat A2 exam last week Friday, my mind was on my email. I can't count how many times I refreshed that day. I don't live in Lagos so decided to drop my passport and health insurance with my bestfriend who lives in Lagos.

8:23am on Monday, the 8th of April, my AM dropped. I immediately informed my friend who was able to drop the documents off before noon, with today being my intebded travel date juat to fasten the process. I tried tracking but the only info since Wednesday was "shipment information received." I wrote to the embassy yesterday morning explaining that my enrolment deadline is Monday and was surprised to receive a call from them. The speaker sounded like my VO. She said I shouldn't bother coming to pick it up as it would be despatched yeaterday (Thursday).

I kept refreshing the tracking page since yesterday. I called DHL this morning but was told there's no progress with the tracking because it hadn't been picked up. I then sent my bestfriend to the embassy but she was told she's not authorized to either pick up or be informed of the status. She would need a signed authroization letter and valid ID from me in order to do so. I started regretting not going to Lagos myself today. The lady answering calls at the embassy wasn't helpful at all.

At this point, I just rested and asked people not to disturb me. I was tired of worrying and panicking. I left all to God. 6:30pm, still no progress with tracking.
By past 7pm, I recieved a call from DHL in Benin city asking me to come pick up my parcel. I begged the man to wait which he did till I was able to collect it from him by past 8pm.

All I can say is thank you GOD. His ways are not ours.
Thank you all to everyone here including those no longer active but whose posts I benefitted from. Special thanks to Zuperyh8, Pompido, Dailydolar, Fluxxyn, Bayomiller, Wealthybae, Waledora... the list is endless. I pray everyone expectant at whatever stage will testify soon.

God bless you and may Deutschland favour us all.

Alles gutes!

Opinionator....This is motivating. Congratulations.
We all shall testify to God's goodness and favour.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 9:39am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

It carries NPC watermarked logo in the background right? .....(this is my last question grin)
As I first see this question, I first fear say hope no be fake them gimme but I just checked, yeah the watermarked logo is there grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 9:41am On Apr 13, 2019
dukeokafor:

Lucky you! Lagos is just cry cry
Sorry bro, you’re the third person lamenting about Lagos on this same issue.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2019
Aque:

As I first see this question, I first fear say hope no be fake them gimme but I just checked, yeah the watermarked logo is there grin

Lol.... God bless you brother

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:45am On Apr 13, 2019
AbahJosiah:

grin

Lol, senior man, any contribution for your boy...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Lol, senior man, any contribution for your boy...

grin I guess all have been said concerning the issue.
Let me add though, declaration of age settles everything it can stand in place of any NPC stuff, whether you are 10 years of age or 50.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2019
AbahJosiah:

grin I guess all have been said concerning the issue.
Let me add though, declaration of age settles everything it can stand in place of any NPC stuff, whether you are 10 years of age or 50.

Danke!... More Grace Boss!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ogedengbedamilare: 10:21am On Apr 13, 2019
Hi guys, I recently contacted my school and my BSc Certificate isn’t ready yet, can I go ahead and apply with transcript?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by NeonDee(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2019
dukeokafor:

After you've made all your applications. Go to "Pay" on the Uni-assist page. You'd see three modes of payment.

Sofortuberweisung

Bank Transfer

Tick the "Pay" box

Fill in the required fields. Change the country to NIGERIA. Don't change that "CREDIT CARD" , just leave it that way. Then choose which card you use, either Visa or MasterCard. Please note that your VERVE card won't work on the platform.

It could pay immediately or bring you to your bank's page to put in an OTP to authorize the transaction. After that's done, it will redirect to the Uni-assist page to acknowledge payment.

It's better do these payments in the midnight to avoid network wahala and money being deducted without the transaction completed.

Carpe diem
Seriously, I've been following these trend from part 5, you guys are simply top notch... I love the way pple are ready to help.

Na God get power.

BSc is still in view tho... But focus is very much clear.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by imoriafe: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2019
For those still asking about suitable school I think your best bet is daad.de.. Site.. It will surely help in your search as it has helped me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2019
ogedengbedamilare:
Hi guys, I recently contacted my school and my BSc Certificate isn’t ready yet, can I go ahead and apply with transcript?

You can use statement of result, if available.(my opinion)

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Danke!... More Grace Boss!

Thank you too boss, same to you.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by stephoye: 11:02am On Apr 13, 2019
dukeokafor:

Sofortuberweisung

Bank Transfer

Tick the "Pay" box

Carpe diem
Thanks so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.